Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting items for a Different School

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 13, 2010
I have fire, balance, and death legendary wizards. The fire wizard is a grandmaster artisan. Neither of the others craft. When I (fire) craft items for my balance wizard the recipe usually calls for Hydra Treasure Cards, five for what I'm making now.

My fire wizard can't buy the recipe because he's fire and my balance wizard can't buy it because she's never crafted. I tried creating treasure cards by putting gargantuan on a regular hydra BUT I can't trade those :(

I'm reduced to begging in the Commons :(

Any thoughts?

Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
Had sorta the same problems making grassy mounds for Watchtower Hall.
I decided it was easier just to do the crafting quests on the Life wizard, use the shared bank.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, I have a couple suggestions!

First, craft a good treasure card in your school and trade it!

Second, stay at the bazaar and keep refreshing the balance treasure card page, because they do get sold from time to time!

Finally, farm the Ravens in GH, they sometimes drop them!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
mindforms wrote:
I have fire, balance, and death legendary wizards. The fire wizard is a grandmaster artisan. Neither of the others craft. When I (fire) craft items for my balance wizard the recipe usually calls for Hydra Treasure Cards, five for what I'm making now.

My fire wizard can't buy the recipe because he's fire and my balance wizard can't buy it because she's never crafted. I tried creating treasure cards by putting gargantuan on a regular hydra BUT I can't trade those :(

Any thoughts?

Not yet. There is one slot left in the badges page for another level of crafter, but that is to come in the future I fear.

The only answer currently is to do the crafting quests to the level of the card and pass it via friends.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Ask a balance wizard to make them for you and in exchange you can make them some cards they can't.

You can also get some hydra cards through drops at the ravens (final battle) in GH.

You may be able to get hydra cards from elder plants, but I am not sure which ones.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
mindforms wrote:

Any thoughts?

You could do the begging in the commons or you could try to search the w101 forum (www.wizard101central.com) for people who are willing to possibly trade or give you one.