Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

crafting costs

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 21, 2011
I just noticed now that now that the crafting QUESTS cost lots of gold, at least 300 altogether. It costs at least 100 for the recipes, and then more for "buy-only" reagents. I noticed this cause i'm tying to save up for a castle!!!! If you agree, post here.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Ohnoswords wrote:
I just noticed now that now that the crafting QUESTS cost lots of gold, at least 300 altogether. It costs at least 100 for the recipes, and then more for "buy-only" reagents. I noticed this cause i'm tying to save up for a castle!!!! If you agree, post here.

Crafting does not make you money. It only gets more expensive. You invest your gold into crafting supplies to make unique and sometimes crafted only gear that can only be obtained by those willing to dish out the gold and time to collect reagents.

Unless you sell the things you craft, you won't make any money except what the quest giver gives you.

Survivor
May 16, 2011
Ohnoswords wrote:

you think thats bad wait till higher level crafting i had to pay over 45,000 coins to finish my dragonspyre craft quest

Explorer
May 21, 2011
magicpancakes wrote:
Ohnoswords wrote:

you think thats bad wait till higher level crafting i had to pay over 45,000 coins to finish my dragonspyre craft quest

teh whoa that's expensive.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010

^
l
l
teh whoa that's expensive.

Just wait till you go for that Grandmaster badge. Happy sunstone hunting...

Which realy means... spending LOTS of gold at the bazaar or LOTS of hours, days, weeks, running around like a hyperspastic chicken for 1000s of stone blocks so you can make enough sandstone to make enough sunstone to craft your quest items. What a pain that was :|