Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting Basics

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2011
Hello all, I never understood how crafting works.
Could someone break it down for me? What's the quickest way to find ingredients?
I'd super appreciate it!!

Natalie Sunriver lvl 45

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Crafting as you know is am excellent technique available for all wizards to endeavor in. It allows us to make anything from Gear, to Treasure Cards to even Mounts!

Now, to begin Crafting, there are a couple things you will need:

Recipe - This is the item you'll be crafting. To craft it, you will have to buy the item recipe (usually sold by crafters around the spiral). It also shows all the reagents needed to craft the item.

Crafting Stations - Crafting Stations are the furniture item needed to actually craft/make the item. There are multiple stations for each item you wish to craft. A few are; Basic Crafting Station, Housing Crafting Station, Equipment Crafting Station etc.

Reagents - Reagents are the actual ingredients needed to craft the items. Most can be harvested in the wild/around the spiral; some being more common than some. Others require other alternatives such as farming bosses, gardening or transmuting which basically uses an 'X' Number of Reagents to make 1 of a rarer one.

Now, if you intend on doing Crafting. I highly recommend you begin Gardening as well. All plants drop reagents so it really does help to have a steady supply coming in.

The Bazaar also has a large plethora of reagents (usually the more common ones).

Let us know if you've anymore queries such as where and how to get a certain type of reagent.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010