Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
Hello! I have a question about crafting. So I have a level 60 myth wizard and I wanted to see if I could craft Athena BattleSight. I've crafted keeper and have finished zafaria crafting but when I asked a friend to port me into grady he wasnt there. I am wondering if it is a glitch or if i'd have to be in avalon to craft it. Personally I wouldnt understand why they would limit wizards if they have already completed the zafaria crafting quest, which already assures your a higher level, in order to craft spells in the first place.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
Ok nevermind. It helps if you defeat the boss and don't port in.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I know we can purchase the recipe and craft Avalon gear as soon as we complete the Zafaria level of crafting. With that being true, you should be able to craft spells as well.

Did you port in and actually help your friend fight Grady? If I recall correctly, the recipe guy doesn't show up until after Grady is defeated. Also, make sure you ported into the correct tower - I went to the wrong one the other day and then had to look it up online when I couldn't find the recipe guy. (I went to the Wild, when I should have gone to the Wyrd). The towers and even the bosses look the same so it's easy to go to the wrong place.

Good luck crafting that recipe!

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
AliaGoldeneyes101 on Aug 10, 2016 wrote:
Hello! I have a question about crafting. So I have a level 60 myth wizard and I wanted to see if I could craft Athena BattleSight. I've crafted keeper and have finished zafaria crafting but when I asked a friend to port me into grady he wasnt there. I am wondering if it is a glitch or if i'd have to be in avalon to craft it. Personally I wouldnt understand why they would limit wizards if they have already completed the zafaria crafting quest, which already assures your a higher level, in order to craft spells in the first place.
You have to defeat the Indigo Giant in Dun Scaith in the Wyrd. Grady will not appear if you don't defeat this giant.