Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafted Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 11, 2009
A friend told me i needed better gear and that it was craft able. I am lvl 93 fire, does any one know were to get recipe's for the best craft-able gear for me.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
RainbowBubbles on Sep 18, 2014 wrote:
A friend told me i needed better gear and that it was craft able. I am lvl 93 fire, does any one know were to get recipe's for the best craft-able gear for me.
Good luck with that. I think gear in this game is it's biggest down fall. Up to level 60 we are lulled into buying from the Bazaar, Waterworks and/or for us non farmers, the Wintertusk crafted.

Past that there really doesn't seem to be an all around general set of gear offered that is standard in the game. Dropped gear in upper worlds should me much more usable since many are stuck with it.

I craft the WT gear and a pr of boots from Avalon and play till my gear is to weak to be considered usable. I farmed very little, for the Wyd oak staff in the Wild where the boot recipe is also, for some extra block. Other wise it seems what every else I try to mix in either kills my already low damage rate or gives me no power pips chance.

Many serious gamers, carry several sets of gear for the monsters they are battling. They tune or switch decks, pets and so on. For me, the silly casual player, this is just to much bother. I gather it comes down to which type of player you are, offensive or defensive, blah blah blah.

I learned a lot in this game about this game but gear escapes me. I have researched at fan sites but information there is few and far between. It is very easy for "friends" to say you have bad gear but can they tell you what gear is better? Probably not.

Mary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Northlite on Sep 23, 2014 wrote:
Good luck with that. I think gear in this game is it's biggest down fall. Up to level 60 we are lulled into buying from the Bazaar, Waterworks and/or for us non farmers, the Wintertusk crafted.

Past that there really doesn't seem to be an all around general set of gear offered that is standard in the game. Dropped gear in upper worlds should me much more usable since many are stuck with it.

I craft the WT gear and a pr of boots from Avalon and play till my gear is to weak to be considered usable. I farmed very little, for the Wyd oak staff in the Wild where the boot recipe is also, for some extra block. Other wise it seems what every else I try to mix in either kills my already low damage rate or gives me no power pips chance.

Many serious gamers, carry several sets of gear for the monsters they are battling. They tune or switch decks, pets and so on. For me, the silly casual player, this is just to much bother. I gather it comes down to which type of player you are, offensive or defensive, blah blah blah.

I learned a lot in this game about this game but gear escapes me. I have researched at fan sites but information there is few and far between. It is very easy for "friends" to say you have bad gear but can they tell you what gear is better? Probably not.

Mary
Gear crafting isn't a downfall at all. It's a great equalizer. It allows anyone to get it, even the casual player who doesn't want to farm for gear. Azteca gear offers a lot of good improvements over WT especially with robes.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2012
To add to the op's question, crafted gear takes a LONG time to make if you don't have maxed crafting. The hardest part of crafted to me was the actual crafting quests. It takes a long time to wait for all your timers to clear up, not to mention many of the rare reagents are only obtainable from farming. Aka too rare to try and snag on the bazaar or are no trade. If you want to dive into crafting, expect a long road ahead :P

Even though the crafted gear is the best in game (aside from the robes, that title belongs to the hades robe)
you will probably be best off using the hades gear instead. If you have at least Zafaria crafting quest done, by all means finish them all up and get yourself some nice gear!

good luck

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
To the OP, I believe it is a matter of how you want to spend your time. Are you going to choose to accumulate reagents, and switch to different zones, and even different realms to hunt down any and all common, and not-so-common ones?

Are you going to choose purchase "Henchman" while you attempt to repeatedly duel a Boss solo, if you cannot defeat it, for that special piece of equipment, or are you going call upon your "Friends" list and ask politely if they will help you?

What ever method of "farming" you choose, rest assured, they are all time consuming. The drop rate of dungeon gear is random, and offers that possibility of it falling for you on your 1st try, or not until your "umpteenth" try. Reagent gathering is more certain, but can require huge amounts, often being more valuable than the item being made, and are you going to outgrow it?

In the end, the choice is yours.

Good luck,

Gabriel

Survivor
Feb 23, 2014
I think an upgrade for the celestian two-schools gear can be great for wizards with high levels that have amulets.