Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't buy life recipes?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 29, 2009
My daughter is level 46 life and I went to the Dragonspyre life vendor - Egon, in the Forum - so she could buy a new recipe for an outfit. She transported to me but no go. I'm a level 50 balance and I can buy the recipes but she can't. She has enough money, they say level 44+, and her backpacks not full. Any ideas on why the game won't let her purchse a recipe?

Defender
May 31, 2010
jdr925 wrote:
My daughter is level 46 life and I went to the Dragonspyre life vendor - Egon, in the Forum - so she could buy a new recipe for an outfit. She transported to me but no go. I'm a level 50 balance and I can buy the recipes but she can't. She has enough money, they say level 44+, and her backpacks not full. Any ideas on why the game won't let her purchse a recipe?

I am pretty sure it is that your daughter has not completed the master artisan badge. It has nothing to do with what school you are from.

In the game the only recipes that are school specific are the treasure card crafting recipes from the main schools. Everything else has only a badge level requirement. The gear in dragonspyre happens to be master.

With buying recipes in the game , if you have not meant the proper requirements to purchase the recipe , when you hover over the buy button , it will tell you why. If you do meet the requirement you dont have the ability to see what is required.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Your daughter's wizard has to be a Master Artisan in order to buy the Level 44 gear recipes.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2009
Sorry, I hadn't thought of that. Yes, she is still trying to get all the diamond and black Lotus to do the first of the crafting quests with Balthazar. Thanks for letting me know - I'll pass it along. Also, thanks for the prompt response.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
I hate to say it but, why?

In my opinion, none of the Life Treasure cards are worth it, except maybe the Nature's Wrath for something I can't remember. Most of them can be found at the Bazaar.

For the ones that are less than 100% accurate, just enchant them, much less effort and cost. And really, only Centaur and Rebirth are worth it. I don't enchant Regenerate because its a five pip spell, ends up becoming six because I only have yellow pips.

Maybe, just maybe, Sanctuary, but I think you can find that at Bazaar too.

Life Trap is just OK, it stacks, but again you can find it at the Bazaar and use your crafting slots for pet snacks.

Sprite is worthless at higher levels, its a one pip spell, you will run the risk of being forced to to use a yellow pip because nothing else shows up. My Life doesn't carry a heal less than Satyr; I want to make sure I have enough Life Blades, Prism, Life Trap, Spirit Blade, and Feint for when its going solo (I normally play two accounts at one time), and enough Guiding Light and Rebirth and a few Dryad for a group. Then some Storm Shield too, since Storm hits the hardest. Just not enough room for them all. Then I don't want Treasure Card area filled with junky little spells when I am desperate for something to hit or heal.

What I try to do is keep two Centaur, two Rebirth, and two Guiding Light Treasure cards, and then if its a nasty boss, put in Spirit Blade Treasure Card (from Library) and Feint Treasure Card (from my Death account). Also stick in regular Spirit Trap in the regular card area, since both my Life and Death can hit it; your results will vary.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Well, ic0517, I think you missed the point of the original post. Her daughter wanted to buy GEAR recipes, not treasure card recipes.

Some players like to use treasure cards, and some do not. Everyone plays the game differently. Your strategy works for you, but I don't think it would necessarily work for say, someone else's daughter.

Oh, and the Nature's Wrath cards - they're for the Watchtower Hall.