Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buying Fish???

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 23, 2016
Okay several crafting projects I am working on require Fish as one of the items to make them. Is there any way or method to acquire fish other than via the traditional fishing activity?

Thanks,

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Andhanni on Nov 21, 2016 wrote:
Okay several crafting projects I am working on require Fish as one of the items to make them. Is there any way or method to acquire fish other than via the traditional fishing activity?

Thanks,
Sorry, no. That is one of those drawbacks in crafting. As with other items you where you need a specific reagent, you either farm a boss who drops it, garden and plant the seeds that drop it and the same goes for fish. You will have to fish for them.

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
DragonLady1818 on Nov 23, 2016 wrote:
Sorry, no. That is one of those drawbacks in crafting. As with other items you where you need a specific reagent, you either farm a boss who drops it, garden and plant the seeds that drop it and the same goes for fish. You will have to fish for them.
True, but I sometimes wish that like the Seed Vault we had a Fishing Storage item. I have found myself catching fish and holding them cause I am building Aquariums to display the RARE and Seasonal one's I catch only to run out of room. If I did not need to hold the fish, but could store them until the crafting project it would be great too.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Andhanni on Nov 26, 2016 wrote:
True, but I sometimes wish that like the Seed Vault we had a Fishing Storage item. I have found myself catching fish and holding them cause I am building Aquariums to display the RARE and Seasonal one's I catch only to run out of room. If I did not need to hold the fish, but could store them until the crafting project it would be great too.
I can understand the need for a place to store fish that are required for recipes. I think that may be one reason I don't push to advance in that area. Some of those fish aren't that easy to catch and when you do get one, it is a toss up of which to keep and which to sell...I have stopped all my wizards fishing in DS. Whether I will pick it up again is yet to be seen.

Did you by any chance make a suggestion on the Dorms Forum asking KI to add such a storage? If not, please do...It is your idea so take the option.