Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Black Lotus,,,,,,,,,, WHERE

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
I have a crafting quest and I don't know where to find some Black Lotus.
Where do you find them????????

Hero
May 27, 2009
Black Lotus is all over Mooshu - look for it around boss hideouts, tucked in by rocks and wagons. Ignore the transporters, run from task to task and change realms often. For some reason, I've never found any in Hametsu Village, but there's a lot in every village after that. Once you've found where they spawn, you can use the teleporters to go right to your favorite spots and concentrate on collecting.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009
You find them in mooshu, I see them in the little town in village of sorrow sometimes.

Explorer
Jun 18, 2009
First of all, look in the bazaar. If you are that desperate, they pretty much have all the reagents. Second of all, I got TONS of Black Lotus from MooShu walking around. See if that helps.
Sincerely,

Scarlet Willow
Master Sorcerer Lvl 48- Dragonspyre

Victoria Dusk
Magus Necromancer Lvl 36- MooShu

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
a common one is behind the bell in the jade tempel in the south west corner

Survivor
May 28, 2009
Unfortunately, Black Lotus is like Scrap Iron, it is in very high demand and people pick it up whenever they see it.

Black Lotus spawns in the same places in Mooshu that other crafting items and chests spawn, so if you are running through looking specifically for Black Lotus, pick up the other things so you have a better chance of Black Lotus spawning in its place.

Black Pearls are rares from Black Lotus, just like Springs are apparently rares from Scrap Iron. It is a huge headache trying to harvest multiple rares off of spawns that are already hard enough to come by, but I reckon if I had hours and hours of playtime every day, I would find "plenty" of them, too. :)

Explorer
Jun 18, 2009
I am on the quest in MooShu now... I can't find it lol. I sold my others because I didn't think I needed it. If you go to the crafter in MooShu, he has a recipie for Transmute Black Lotus. It is pretty easy to do: you need cat tails and ore. If you do and you don't need them, try out the recipe ;).

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
haydenkoh wrote:
I have a crafting quest and I don't know where to find some Black Lotus.
Where do you find them????????

i buy the recipe for transmute black lotus from the dude you got the quest from click on the little arrow in the top right hand corner a few times

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
Whoever said ignore teleporters is WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! Where the teleporters take you in takati outpost and the very near areas are full of black lotus. I farm there for lots of black lotus. In about 5-10 min i had about 20 Black lotus.

Defender
Nov 24, 2009
bazaar barely gives it i go to tree of life but for some reason i cant get it ant\y more for my quests

Hero
May 27, 2009
The reason I said "Ignore the Teleporters" is because many, many crafters are using those spots -- like you! For someone new to picking Black Lotus, this may be more frustrating than beneficial. There are spawns that aren't located near the teleport sites, and those aren't picked nearly as often. Also, someone new to Mooshu will need to run around to activate the teleports anyway, so may as well have them look for the black lotus as they run the paths.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
if you want to find a lot of black lotus at once look everywhere in THE TREE OF LIFE that place is like black lotus central :D

Defender
Nov 24, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
The reason I said "Ignore the Teleporters" is because many, many crafters are using those spots -- like you! For someone new to picking Black Lotus, this may be more frustrating than beneficial. There are spawns that aren't located near the teleport sites, and those aren't picked nearly as often. Also, someone new to Mooshu will need to run around to activate the teleports anyway, so may as well have them look for the black lotus as they run the paths.
yes bazaar does not dssell it that much anymore and in treeof life its gone

Explorer
Jan 11, 2010
You can find it in MooShu. I have mostly found it right outside of boss huts, behind the little wooden cart that is usually there. Just keeping changing realms.
Also,if you can't find enough for your quest, you can also go to the craft person in MooShu, and click past her regular receipies to the card ones, and you can buy a receipie to craft black lotus out of ore and cat tails, so you can get enough to finish your project. You will need a card table to make them.
I had to do this for my last project, and it worked well.

Kimberly Nightshade-GrandMaster Death

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
Queenlillia56 wrote:
First of all, look in the bazaar. If you are that desperate, they pretty much have all the reagents. Second of all, I got TONS of Black Lotus from MooShu walking around. See if that helps.
Sincerely,

Scarlet Willow
Master Sorcerer Lvl 48- Dragonspyre

Victoria Dusk
Magus Necromancer Lvl 36- MooShu

Do us a favor and sell is at the bazaar so we can all buy it. I am a grandmaster that still hasn't finished the MS crafting quest.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
I mentioned it else where - the Throne Room of Fire, the dungeon in the top floor of the pyramid on Krokotopia, is good for two or three pieces of ore. I am trying to get a Fire Salamander pet (3 pip myth for 375) , and have been noticing the amount of ore too. You will have to fight Prince Narini to get to the next part where the ore is, and you will probably slip and get into a few fights there too. But - nobody can swipe it, its a dungeon. You can usually find two or more treasure chests, parchment, and stone blocks.

If you are Death school it can take some time, especially if you slip. Make sure you have those prisms or a second school buffed up.

Then use the Transmute Black Lotus recipe that uses ore and cat tails like someone said before.

I have noticed Black Lotus keeps showing up in a certain rock pile in the center of a Tee section in a road but I can't remember what part of Mooshu it was.