Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Azteca Crafting Quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2013
Since this is my first topic, I want to talk about something that has ticked me off in the past. The quest "Making the Grade." For those of you who don't know what that quest is, it's the crafting quest in Azteca. You can get the other ingredients for Eagle War Shield is pretty easy, except for one ingredient. The Potent Trap treasure card. It's in fact one of the most rarest treasure card in the entire game. Some people have gotten it the first boss they defeat when they first got the trap while, for others, it took a long, long, long time to get it. For me, it took me, maybe, two months after getting the quest to get the final ingredient. So, what does everyone think? Do you guys think that Kingsisle should increase the drop for the Potent Trap treasure card or not?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Chase Anglecloud on Oct 29, 2016 wrote:
Since this is my first topic, I want to talk about something that has ticked me off in the past. The quest "Making the Grade." For those of you who don't know what that quest is, it's the crafting quest in Azteca. You can get the other ingredients for Eagle War Shield is pretty easy, except for one ingredient. The Potent Trap treasure card. It's in fact one of the most rarest treasure card in the entire game. Some people have gotten it the first boss they defeat when they first got the trap while, for others, it took a long, long, long time to get it. For me, it took me, maybe, two months after getting the quest to get the final ingredient. So, what does everyone think? Do you guys think that Kingsisle should increase the drop for the Potent Trap treasure card or not?
Potent Trap has been an issue for many players. Some players will farm until they get it but not all players are going to keep farming the same bosses multiple times for one single ingredient.

I have a life wizard, lvl 91 that is currently running through Azteca the second time with my fire wizard lvl 90. Fire wizard got it the first time she fought a boss that drops it but as yet, life still does not. As for actually FARMING any boss for it, No. I am a casual player and don't intend to spend time trying to get something. I am sure she will eventually get it but I don't see KI changing the drop rate anytime soon.