Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

another Diamond hater

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
2
Please give us a break, really, This is a game. A game is about fun, yes a part of it is challenge as well, but are you joking, find rare diamonds in ore to finish a mission that needs 75 of them. I think fun is not the word. Maybe punishment is a better word. I am past upset. After scrap iron,, then black lotus . NOW THIS!!!! I could understand some items being this hard to make. but not for a mission. Please ,I am not trying to be a jerk. I feel this is insane. Please relook at this and give some feedback. thank you

I may just have some hair left

Survivor
May 08, 2009
31
With everything you have to constantly buy maybe they will open up a Boslie's and charge for hair restoration who knows.

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
101
Don't craft.

If we all stop crafting, KI will notice and maybe they'll remove this hideous element to the game.

Survivor
May 11, 2009
8
I don't think crafting unto itself is the issue but rather, the ratio to the requirements.

They just went overboard IMO. Sure, as recipes get harder, the supplies should be harder to find.

But 75 diamonds when I've gotten all of 4 so far is ridiculous for the supply. The supply vs. demand is skewed something crazy right now.

Yes, the recipes need to be made more powerful, but it's also understandable that the system won't be perfect from the get-go.

I do completely agree though, the requirements ought to be seriously reduced for such rare of items, considering that there is current;y no special reward for completing the quests.

And can I mention cool down? 15 hours?

Clearly KI was TRYING to implement a time-sink. My hope is that they did it to try and keep some older players around and busy while they make new content.

But please, either up drop-rate or lower requirements, this is borderline nuts.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
1
I have to disagree with you Schontak. It is not borderline nuts; it is clearly absolutely nuts. If there is not a very good payoff at the end of this one, I am going to be quite upset at this game.

So, does anyone know where I can nab ore very easily? As near as I can tell, one out of ten is going to yield me a diamond. So, if I want my 75 diamonds, I need roughly 710 ore pickups.... how hard can that be? :?

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
5
Everdown wrote:
Please give us a break, really, This is a game. A game is about fun, yes a part of it is challenge as well, but are you joking, find rare diamonds in ore to finish a mission that needs 75 of them. I think fun is not the word. Maybe punishment is a better word. I am past upset. After scrap iron,, then black lotus . NOW THIS!!!! I could understand some items being this hard to make. but not for a mission. Please ,I am not trying to be a jerk. I feel this is insane. Please relook at this and give some feedback. thank you

I may just have some hair left


you took the words right out my mouth.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1708
KI seems to have listened to us, if you read the patch notes to the test realm you'll see they are really reducing the reagents needed (by reducing the number of items we need to produce).

I think instead of 75 we will need 30, and at ~300 coins per shot, relatively easy to find in the bazzar...during the heavy times of play, I can see 20+/hr go up for sale. With the decreased need for diamonds, they should be easier to get this way. All we have to do is hold tight and hope things test well in the test realm.

Defender
May 08, 2009
167
On the test realm they have put in "wishing wells",where you put in a few spare crowns and get something random(gold ,reagent,elexer,or treasure card)I tried fifteen times and got FIVE DIAMONDS.They also have reagent booster packs.Diamonds should be easier to get now.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
30
I actually found a diamond on DragonSpyre tonight. But, apparently, since I already had 99 ore in my backpack, it didn't go into my inventory. Very disappointing.

But in the Test Realm, and mentioned in a Crafting Message, there may be a Transmogrification Recipe you can buy to turn Ore into Diamonds at your own craft table. Also Myst Wood into Acorns and Cattails into actual cats.

Adam Ashfriend: Lvl 47 Pyromaniac

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
17
They also have the Transmute Recipes now

15 Ore = 1 Diamond

Everything will be easier now

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1708
Baskaa wrote:
I actually found a diamond on DragonSpyre tonight. But, apparently, since I already had 99 ore in my backpack, it didn't go into my inventory. Very disappointing.

But in the Test Realm, and mentioned in a Crafting Message, there may be a Transmogrification Recipe you can buy to turn Ore into Diamonds at your own craft table. Also Myst Wood into Acorns and Cattails into actual cats.

Adam Ashfriend: Lvl 47 Pyromaniac

Ore and Daimonds are counted as two different items. You may have hit the current total reagent limit...so dump the items you don't need.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
30
MikeStrath wrote:
You may have hit the current total reagent limit...so dump the items you don't need.


Is there a quick way to see how close I am to the limit? At the Bazaar, I see that I have 125 pages of reagents I can sell, so I assume the limit is 1000. But my backpack shows 33/80 capacity, and the Craft screen doesn't show an overall limit.

And how do I know which reagents I won't need in the future? Should I go to the Bazaar and make a list of the cheapest ones?

Adam Ashfriend - Level 47 Pyromaniac

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1708
Baskaa wrote:
MikeStrath wrote:
You may have hit the current total reagent limit...so dump the items you don't need.


Is there a quick way to see how close I am to the limit? At the Bazaar, I see that I have 125 pages of reagents I can sell, so I assume the limit is 1000. But my backpack shows 33/80 capacity, and the Craft screen doesn't show an overall limit.

And how do I know which reagents I won't need in the future? Should I go to the Bazaar and make a list of the cheapest ones?

Adam Ashfriend - Level 47 Pyromaniac

125 pages is the limit (8 per page would be 1000, and 999 is the limit)
<this was changed in the test realm, so hopefully they will adopt the unlimited reagents, 999 of each type max soon :-) >

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
103
PeteWhite wrote:
Don't craft.

If we all stop crafting, KI will notice and maybe they'll remove this hideous element to the game.

After searching high and low for these misersable things I did NOT have a full regent bag but found myself being ripped off so many times for diamonds that I lost count sick of the crafting take it out or FIX it now! I will stop crafting till this is fixed as of right now.