Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amber, Please Listen to Your Community!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
Hello There, I would like to talk to you Professor Greyrose,

Why is amber so hard to get? I have been gardening for 1 month 7 days as of today and still have yet to receive amber.

In another post you replied that White Tiger Lilies drop amber, and I have been planting all 4 known plants like crazy yet to receive ONE.

If the trend continues how will I EVER craft the Tag Game and Handsome Fomori????

Please give us a transmute Amber or a lot of higher rates!

Here are a few suggestions and complaints from Wizard101 Central about amber-

KingsIsle Entertainment, we are very disappointed with the drop ratio of the Amber reagent, we as players and customers we will like the ratio to be improve.

The requirements for all new in-game craft-able spells and items require Amber, the reagent can only be harvested by plants, now gardening has come to crafting, before both gardening and crafting had its on field of study and improvement.

Please KI, improve the harvest ratio of Amber, or at least lower the requirement amount of Amber for craftable items and spells.

I hate hate hate WTL's. has anyone had any other luck with other plants?

Almost everyone is in need of amber, it's extremely hard to obtain. There is no way for us to give you any because it is no auction.

Amber is an EXTREMELY rare harvest from Deadly Ninja Figs, King Parsley, Red Bell Peppers, and White Tiger Lilies. As in they give you an Amber at elder harvest about 5% of the time. And it's no auction, so you can't buy any in the Bazaar. The only way to get it is to garden a billion of those plants.

From the data I've collected thus far, you have ~11% chance of getting Amber if you plant a White Tiger Lily. The odds are not very good, but it is the best out of the few plants that drop it.

Please listen to your community, if I can't even get a single one how am I suppose to get 22 for the tag game and handsome fomori? I understand it is crowns and the other one is a spell but seriously? Please change it! Imagine a mom trying to help her daughter learn a spell for her birthday but will never be able to do it like this?

Please Professor, Help Us!

-Adrian Iceshield, and your community at Wizard101 Central

Champion
May 03, 2011
Seconded! I am perplexed as to why this hasn't been addressed yet. Seriously, everyone I know is confused/frustrated/irritated about the Amber issue. Adjusting the drop rates, at least, would be a step in the right direction. It's almost as if they don't want people to be able to craft these items. :(

Administrator
White Tiger Lily plants have the best chance at rewarding you with Amber.

Just as Diamonds, Black Pearl, Golden Pearl and other reagents were clamored for and a rare commodity in the beginning, Amber is too.

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I think I am not against making crafting out of reach for many players but maybe for the ones who do have hours of spare for it it would be more handy if not so many ingredients were "rare". Lets face it so many other areas of the game are already out of reach to many, this just adds to the total.

I am currently working on the Seal of the Seven Seas - rare = golden pearls, Sunstone and very iffy on where to get gobs of sandstone, transmutes are a joke, 10-15 of something else to make one of the rare babies. At the Bazaar if you are lucky to find them they are 3,500 for Sunstone and Golden Pearl. I blame this on wizards not wanting to drag though Waterworks umpteen times and are now are crafting the Wintertusk gear - or other gear that requires these.

Difficult areas of the game = crafting, pet training, getting gear you can actually benefit from, battling boss fights by your self when no friends can help so you can continue to play the game, menu chat for any boss cheat fights and the list goes on.

My problem may be that I have just played the game too long, made too many wizards and have decided the game of chance for everything has gotten on my last nerve. I need a break from Wizards so I can digress a bit.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
You also forgot to mention that white tiger lilies have to be farmed for and clearly you're going to need more than a few to get the required amber. Plus it takes a long time to get plants to elder at this rate I am not surprised people have been at this for months at a time and making Amber auctionable will NOT fix the problem seeing as its so rare I have no idea why someone would go and sell it to the bazaar seeing as they probably have their own plans for amber. These are some solutions I see that can fix the problem :
-Amber needs to be dropped at least 15% more
-Amber must be dropped by bosses in Avalon with a decent chance of dropping.
-The need for amber in crafting should be drastically decreased to about 4-5.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:

Just as Diamonds, Black Pearl, Golden Pearl and other reagents were clamored for and a rare commodity in the beginning, Amber is too.

You could transmute Diamonds, Black Pearls, Golden Pearls, and all other reagents, that, or you could do some serious farming for those reagents.

As it stands, the only plants that have a chance at Amber are those of seeds that are already a rare drop. So, you have to farm for the seed, which is a rare drop, then you have to wait 2 weeks for an ever rarer chance that the plant will drop amber?

out of 20 or more white tiger lilies, I got 4 amber. Any idea how hard it is to get 20 white tiger lilies Professor? Let alone, enough to get 12 amber for 1 spell?

Explorer
Jun 09, 2010
Professor Greyrose, In my opinion there is no comparison of amber to diamond, black pearl or golden pearl. Those reagents were auctionable and available through spawn points of ore, black lotus, and pearl. Amber is ONLY available through gardening as far as I know. You say White Tiger Lily gives the best drop rate? However people have commented that they have harvested many and got nothing and those plants are not easy to grow! What about the people that cannot garden? Maybe it's the kid that can only be on game on the weekends, gardening is out of the question for them. I do not mind a hard crafting quest, I have crafted both the houses and have 6 wizards that are Legendary rank. But I think KI went a little overboard with this one.

Please consider at least making the reagents auctionable, but even better also make them a rare drop from another reagent with a transmute recipe. They should be available to everyone and they are not at the present time.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
So, instead of just complaining, which for a change, I am. Eating my own cheese and a cookie for a change, I will also make a suggestion to fix this problem.

Transmute Amber:

Ingredients are;
10 fossil
10 diamond
10 sunstone
10 sandstone
10 aether
10 aquamarine

This is a ton of very rare reagents and would be difficult, yet possible to transmute. Please at least consider this a possible fix.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
darthjt wrote:
So, instead of just complaining, which for a change, I am. Eating my own cheese and a cookie for a change, I will also make a suggestion to fix this problem.

Transmute Amber:

Ingredients are;
10 fossil
10 diamond
10 sunstone
10 sandstone
10 aether
10 aquamarine

This is a ton of very rare reagents and would be difficult, yet possible to transmute. Please at least consider this a possible fix.

So I would be able to make 4 amber... heh heh.... (:<

Well, I sort of agree. We can't have it just be a common drop easy to get and all that nifty stuff.

My guess is that there should be a new plant that has a 60-70% chance to drop amber at elder and 10% at mature. Thanks for the thread idea! :D

Adding on to what Mrs. Greyrose said, all those reagents use to be rare.

Diamonds were rare, but then wintertusk ore farms were out, and now avalon has enemies that drop just about every reagent :P (Not really, but they do tend to drop a few reagents every time o_o)
Black pearls use to be worse than paranormal activity 3 when it came to getting them, but now with pink dandelions, anyone can get plenty. I have nearly 100.
Golden pearls. Dont even remind me how tough those were to get. I use to spend 4 hours just to get ONE. And seal of the 7 seas?? *shudders* Mirror lake solved it completely, I have 242 as of right now.

PS: Dont expect me to sell my reagents in the bazaar! o_o (Despite the fact I have 82 sunstone...^-^)

Delver
Oct 05, 2010

Diamonds were at least a rare chance from ore which is pretty much everywhere, black pearls and golden pearls could be easily farmed for in the Lunarium, Amber can only be farmed for in gardening which I have always considered seperate from crafting although luckily I trained my death in both. Others on the other hand will have such a hard time trying to craft these spells that the only spells I see that are worth trying to get are the myth and death ones. The myth of course will probably be farmed for but the death one has to be crafted and is a 5 pip AoE thats not steal health and many can see how valuable this spell really is in PvP and PvE. You need an alternative way to make amber.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
Professor Greyrose, while i do like the idea of making crafting hard as to occupy us while waiting for further updates, you have to agree that getting this reagent is beyond hard. Again, i like the challenge but this is barely close to the conceivable.

I gardened a bunch of those WTLs for about a month and just one amber. i just gave up on the tag game for now. i was just loosing way too many opportunities to get mega snacks from other plants.

The one problem with WTLs is that in itself, it's a super rare plant. on top of that it doesn't even drop its own seed so not only do you have to struggle just to get the plant once, you need to think about restocking. on top of that you add a reagent drop of barely 15%?

i do like darthjt's idea of making a transmute recipe and using other rare (but still manageable) reagents to make amber.

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
TheDarkestMask wrote:
You also forgot to mention that white tiger lilies have to be farmed for and clearly you're going to need more than a few to get the required amber. Plus it takes a long time to get plants to elder at this rate I am not surprised people have been at this for months at a time and making Amber auctionable will NOT fix the problem seeing as its so rare I have no idea why someone would go and sell it to the bazaar seeing as they probably have their own plans for amber. These are some solutions I see that can fix the problem :
-Amber needs to be dropped at least 15% more
-Amber must be dropped by bosses in Avalon with a decent chance of dropping.
-The need for amber in crafting should be drastically decreased to about 4-5.

Actually making it auctionable would help. I am an adult and have no use for the in house games, I do garden (mostly for reagents and pet snacks). I received an Amber on one of my Red Bell Peppers (love the fire beetle treasure card :) ) and would gladly have sold it so that some kid could build their tag or scavanger hunt game but it was no auction.

Armiger
May 10, 2010

No offense Professer, I know you have wings and all, but I think your head has been up in the clouds too long!

Comparing those reagents, now that's funny Professor, except the fact that you are not joking. Okay, lets come back down, and be realistic here. I even made a very nice suggestion for a good transmute, that will be very diffult in itself. We are just asking for more than 1 possible way to get this too rare of a reagent.

Farming for a rare drop to get a rare drop from that drop after 2 weeks of gardening from that rare drop is a bit much! I don't think anyone but you will argue with me on this Professor.

I am all for working hard for the good things, but this is a but much.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009

Hello Professor,
We all wizards have been trying to craft these spells for over a month now and i can assure you that many wizards who plant on most of their characters have a really really bad time in getting amber.....I met a wizard a few days ago and she told me how in a month of planting all those crown plants she got not even one amber.....You really need to fix this professor....We dont want an easy spell we want something that is achievable in a fair amount of time....I mean we garden those plants they take around one to two weeks to be elder then they dont drop amber and we again plant and if this continues then even till new year you will have several players who will get frustrated and leave the crafting since this rare random drop thing is srsly not working out......So its my kind request from all the wizards who are working hard to get the spell that please do something about this and atleast make our efforts count.....Time devoted gives rewards each time in any sphere you do it.....We need something like that......Thanks for listening to our request.

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
Hello proffeser this is my first time to post something so......
any ways i have been planting over 20 different plants and continuing that and i have gotten zero amber! We all wizards are struggling in getting amber and we really need this to craft some certain things you put in the wizard101 game for us but we cant achieve this goal of ours please please raise the percentage of getting amber so we all can be happy
:D

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
Professor,

We appreciate your response, however it seems it comes without realization of just how "rare" this item is.

Fine, its a "rare" drop, I can live with that. But then it only from plants, that come from seeds that are "rare" drops themselves. That basically takes your "rare" comment and multiplies it by 10. So this reagent isnt currently "rare" as you stated, its "epic" to use your hoard pack terminology.

Not only is this reagent uber-rare/epic, it requires 10 times more work just to get a "chance" at obtaining one. That chance of which as we know is already quite small.

You have put the tag/scavenger games completely out of reach of those that are most likely to pursue it. The younger players.

KI needs to keep the target audience of items in perspective, which it doesnt appear they did in this case.

Please stick to your prior patterns and give us a transmute recipe.

If you are dead set on requiring gardening to pr
ogress in crafting, how about making PVP players reach a certain rank in Pet Derby before they can PVP? (No, dont really want that, but it puts the current situation in perspective, doesnt it?)

Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
Question: Is there a better way to get WTL seeds other than spending countless hours refreshing at the Bazaar? I too am searching for Amber and am having a hard time finding even the WTL seeds!

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Let's not forget the fiasco getting sunstone was originally. More than 1000 stone block for the sunstone you needed? Remember that one? I'm going to take you at your word Professor and accept that amber will be available more readily at some point. But please don't make us wait too long.

White Tiger Lilies are very difficult to get anyway and don't reseed. At least with the sunstone, you could spend hours actually doing harvesting runs for stone block. With White Tiger Lilies you can spend hours farming Helephant Tower and get maybe a couple WTL and then have a slim chance of getting an amber from that? Really not a great comparison. So I'll say it again - please don't make us wait too long before you add a transmute for amber or at least make White Tiger Lilies a bit more readily available. Ack!!!! Darthjt 10 fossils? Really? You're killing me! LOL!

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
Dear Dr. Greyrose

Not to be insolent, but this is very unfair. I have had a garden with ALL the plants you listed on 2 different characters and i have yet to recieve an amber. You expect me to get 12? are you crazy lol? This is really unreasonable, all the reagents you listed are now quite easy to get and dont have a 40 reagent transmute. Amber should be able to be made from something like 200 mistwood, 10 sunstone, 25 stone blocks, 15 spider silk. something like that would make it so much more reasonable. Also i know it may be unapparent to you and kingsisle but I have spent probably 100's of dollars on crowns and you expect everyone to buy their way through this game. I think a game should have a FAIR way to get any gear/item in the game without paying crowns. I already pay 15$ a month for membership... I am a long time player, i have played since the fall of your release. I would love to craft a deer knight or any of the other spells but its so hard to craft why spend months so i can have ones spell?! and then this new pack comes out where you can BUY the spells?!?! Thats so irritating that it makes me angry. I know the packs bring in a lot of income but still its not right and I would like to see amber have an easier transmute and/or new way to obtain it. Why not make it slighty easier to get and then up the cost the spells take, make it where bosses drop it? make it where the transmute is reasonable and have actual reagents not BOSS DROPS from the HARDEST bosses in the GAME and you have to have 5 of each!? I dont understand why i would have to do waterworks 10-15 times to get reagents to craft ONE amber and I need 12? This is an outrage.. please consider.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
well i can say right now that the amber transemute is the first of its kind to actually be harder than getting the regent itself. ive run mirror lake 13 times now(maybe 14 or 15) and so far i only have 1 amber dust(thanks for the pet snacks though) so if i got 1 amber dust every 10 runs it would take me 50 runs just to make 1 amber now multiply that by 12(cause you need 12 amber) and you get 600. so even i was guarenteed 1 amber dust every tenth run it would take 600 runs to get it. and thats not even mentioning the merle wiskers you need and i have yet to get one lol(of course i havent run mirror lake since though). as for gardening ronster says mass plant king paresly. is that an easy thing to do idk but i do know that trying to farm a boss for a rare plant will take 20 to 30 trys just to get one. so where as people like ronster who have no opinion dont care think its super easy and fun(witch its not) well i think i can say the majority of people think otherwise

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
darthjt wrote:

Transmute Amber:

Ingredients are;
10 fossil
10 diamond
10 sunstone
10 sandstone
10 aether
10 aquamarine

Do you know how difficult it is to get many of these items. Even at the bazaar, as soon as 1 appears its sold before you can click on it to buy it.
This isn't a solution for it either. I don't craft anymore, just because how difficult it is to get the reagents and the time it takes to get them.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
well it took me almost 3 months to finally with a lot of luck craft handsome fomori, with 3 king parsleys growing to 180 king parsleys in 3 months, it was quiete an accomplishment but I still think this is unfair, it takes way less to craft a house than to craft a learned spell, you can literally craft the house in 1 week minimum usually 4 weeks maimum.

I now see the amber drops from gardening in a good way, takes a lot of time which I don't like, but the drops are good in a big number.

Although please change the amber transmute! I did amber studies on central and came with a percentage

out of 200 runs that a lot of people hardly did over all the dungeons....
15/100 amber dust were dropped
15/100 whiskers were dropped
30/200 total

Seriously? we have to farm 400-600 times a dungeon for just the 12 amber?!? not to mention the dungeons are not so easy, even fighting lord nighthsade that many times is easier to get the drop you want, and he drops a lot of stuff.

Here are a few results of bosses farmed-
7 Briskbreeze bosses runs, no reagents
55 Full Waterworks runs, 6 whiskers
60 Full Mirror Lake runs, 8 whiskers, 6 amber dust
2 Young Morganthe runs, 1 whisker
12 Pendragon runs, 4 amber dust, 1 was from second chance chest
8 Lyon Lorestriker (TOTH) runs, 2 amber dust
84 Nameless Knight runs, 3 whiskers, 4 amber dust

no one has claimed to transmute any amber.

These numbers are way too crazy, a simple solution, please make the transmute only require 1 whisker 1 dust, it is already hard enough to get it, either that or make a really hard boss (like in a new archmage dungeon, ideas anyone?) drop 50% chance dust 50% chance whiskers but you are 100% you are getting a reagent, since it is a 1/2 chance you may get a lot of one and not much of the other one which balances out, making it still really hard to get, and keep the 5 dust/whiskers on the transmute, but please help us.

Amber is easier to get than the transmute itself, anyone would rather farm for seeds than for these reagents, and I know Professor, reagents are really hard when they come out, but you can't make a reagent as hard or harder than it's own transmute! At this rate the transmute should be 1 amber=5 whiskers, 5 dust.

Please Professor and thank you for your time,

Adrian

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
sanmil0963 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Transmute Amber:

Ingredients are;
10 fossil
10 diamond
10 sunstone
10 sandstone
10 aether
10 aquamarine

Do you know how difficult it is to get many of these items. Even at the bazaar, as soon as 1 appears its sold before you can click on it to buy it.
This isn't a solution for it either. I don't craft anymore, just because how difficult it is to get the reagents and the time it takes to get them.
The current transmute is even tougher than this...

Champion
Jan 23, 2009

That is not the same at all and you know it! First off, I was here and I was crafting, and they were rare and we did complain but they were also harvested for the most part as well as planted and dropped or even crafted (and suprise the recipes werent equally full of rare regeants). Amber is aquired two ways you can plant and hope for a drop, or you can scramble to craft it. So nothing has been as hard to get (with intense effort applied) as amber. Who are you kidding? No one is buying the lines you are giving us. Accept the same loyalist that have been lucky enough to get the drops. But do you really think that if 100 people (and we both know the math statistically) complain and more growing daily if you have 5 people with the spell we will all just swell with hope as we mindlessly drone for the spell or spend without caution? Ok I have to admit I was a bit guilty of that but the more I thought about the less desirable these spells become and of course anyone with crowns can buy tag so who would want to wait months to do it for free?

I am telling you guys, that thing you are jumping over is called a shark.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
I was thinking about it and I think that its some kind of KI experiment. Maybe they want to see how far they can go with crazy crafting recipes and how many people will be eager to that task. If it will go well they may give even more and harder recipes. Why? to keep players busy in the game and not bored. All for you guys.
So enjoy.