Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amber - In Game Efforts Only

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Ok so I'm a gaming purist. I don't believe in purchasing game short-cuts. I do purchase some crown stuff, but not gear, etc.

When I finished Avalon I recognized I would not gain sufficient amber for any crafting items before I reach level 90 and finish Azteca. So I figure I would collect the amber for my second wizard which is now level 20, Krokotopia.

I have two maxed-out plots of King Parsley which I tend twice per day. I have been doing this for several months and got one(1) amber. My calculations indicate I will not collect enough amber for my 2nd wizard before its done Avalon (approx 60 levels from now).

So seriously, is it reasonably possible to collect sufficient amber using in-game efforts only?
- no crowns for seeds
- no crowns for short cuts

Historian
May 06, 2009
RottenHeart on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
Ok so I'm a gaming purist. I don't believe in purchasing game short-cuts. I do purchase some crown stuff, but not gear, etc.

When I finished Avalon I recognized I would not gain sufficient amber for any crafting items before I reach level 90 and finish Azteca. So I figure I would collect the amber for my second wizard which is now level 20, Krokotopia.

I have two maxed-out plots of King Parsley which I tend twice per day. I have been doing this for several months and got one(1) amber. My calculations indicate I will not collect enough amber for my 2nd wizard before its done Avalon (approx 60 levels from now).

So seriously, is it reasonably possible to collect sufficient amber using in-game efforts only?
- no crowns for seeds
Yes...and no. lol

Is it possible?
But of course

Is it reasonable?
Eh...probably not, but crowns are no easier either

Amber, Amber Dust, Turquoise, Vine, Braided Vine and Merle's Whisker (couldn't we just pull this off of Merle's face? lol Just sayin') are reasonable hard reagents to find. Amber and Amber Dust are some of the hardest. Amber is mostly best found upon the White Tiger Lily which are most native to the world of Avalon (Ironic, right?) or sold for chance in the Crown Shop. As I currently see it, Amber is mostly saught after to craft spells, but are also used for select items around Azteca. I'll assume you're trying to a.) get a fair amount of Amber or b.) craft a Spell. It is possible to craft a spell as I have a friend who crafted the Deer Knight spell. She said she gardened with White Tiger Lillies and Red Bell Peppers to get them. So I'd assume if you're using Red Bell Peppers and White Tiger Lillies is pretty reasonable. Others using King Parsley (and I've tried with them and, like you, I only got 1 from them) are less likely to get it. I've tried for months to craft the spell. It's been very slow but calming. After getting nearly chopped and served on a spit in Azteca, it's nice to unwind and work on the ol' garden that will probaby never get me to my spell. But it's a work in progress. Gives me the chance to sit down and smell the Knock-Out Roses (fiesty little guys though)

So I'd over all answer no, if you're trying to get Amber through King Parsleys and such. But yes, if you try for White Tiger Lillies (I planted one a while back and totally got one from it. Plant a garden of 12 of these guys and you should be set for a spell or 6 crafted weapons in Azteca. Though they are very hard to find around Avalon...er...scratch that! Moving on! lol).

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011

- no crowns for seeds
Is it reasonable to collect sufficient amber using in-game efforts only? Nope ..... unfortunately

Red Bell Peppers, White Tiger Lilies, King Parsley (to name the most common plants) drops for amber seemed to have gone down substantially. I used to get 1-5 amber per elder harvest, but have not gotten any in the last couple of months.

Red Bell Peppers and White Tiger Lilies are suppose to have a better drop rate, but finding these plants in the Bazaar or farming bosses for them become tedious and monotonous ..... let alone the fact they don't reseed.

Crafting items, spells, or gear should not be a near impossible task. I find it laughable that to transmute amber, it's even more difficult than finding amber itself.

Just to craft an Azteca spell you need 12 amber and 25 turquoise. Geez, where does it stop?

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
I planted three White Tiger Lilies that I got as drops; didn't get a single amber.

I always have a few King Parsley growing on every one of my wizards, mostly because my Couch Potatoes like them, but for months never got any amber. Then, right after a minor game update (the one before the big update that just came down), three of my wizards each got an amber.

Amber is hard enough to get that I'm not going to buy any recipes that call for it until I have enough to craft something.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
Try to check the last entry I did in this thread when i finally got enough amber to craft Deer Knight Spell.
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/crafting-gardening/amber-drops-from-gardening-too-low-53951

With a lot patience and a bit of luck, it is possible to get all the amber you need for crafting. After September last year, I only planted 100 King Parsley on two separate gardens and was able to stock 17 pieces until December. My friend, who taught me all about gardening, prides herself for having 72 ambers at the moment and still counting.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010

- no crowns for seeds
144 kings? for 2 plots? wow amazing you had that many seeds they rarely drop for me i have just a few that i let die next to my potato plant plots. I used ninja fig plants that are gold buy-able and do not seed at elder :( i had 28 per wizard on 4 wizards so 112 total. plant them one week with max likes no needs. Then they need stuff, one more week to elder so 2 weeks to elder on them. took me 3 months of doing it over and over to get the amber to make deer knight. so 112x6 that's 672 harvests to get the amber I believe i was 1-2 over on the final plots. I have not crafted anything needing amber since, I did transmute 1-2 pieces from ML and WW runs but the rate you get these is really sad the items are like rare as the sid staff ;-)

Its still very doable - I wish there was other things worth crafting that used this regent or gear that is like water works 2.0 ;-)

cheers

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I fully agree with Sarahnimo:

"I don't mind having ridiculous amount of difficulty in getting reagents as long as you can't get the new spells any other way. It hurts when you are planting and being patient about it then some fella comes to you and says "Oh I got my spell by buying the new pack."

The king parsley reseeds, and also occasionally gives extra seeds, so from about 10 from drops I have created my large gardens. My gardens have lots of likeable things surounding them too. I now have extra seeds galore. I haven't counted my elder harvests but there have been many dozens.

Its funny reading some forum posts where people are upset about getting no amber after 6 or 10 elder harvests. Other people posting that you just need to be patient! Hilarious!

Anybody want some peanut butter sandwiches?

Happy Wizarding Everybody!

Historian
May 06, 2009
Monsoon Jo on Apr 30, 2013 wrote:
Try to check the last entry I did in this thread when i finally got enough amber to craft Deer Knight Spell.
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/crafting-gardening/amber-drops-from-gardening-too-low-53951

With a lot patience and a bit of luck, it is possible to get all the amber you need for crafting. After September last year, I only planted 100 King Parsley on two separate gardens and was able to stock 17 pieces until December. My friend, who taught me all about gardening, prides herself for having 72 ambers at the moment and still counting.
Wow! That's awesome to hear. Definitely proved me wrong. Hmm...maybe I should stop feeding my King Parselys to my pets.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on May 2, 2013 wrote:
Wow! That's awesome to hear. Definitely proved me wrong. Hmm...maybe I should stop feeding my King Parselys to my pets.
Eager to test the Red barn, I started gardening again and just harvested 100 King P's giving 2 Amber reagents. I used to have more amber with the same amount of KP's but still having 2 isn't bad at all.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Hooray I just got my second amber from gardening KPs today. Unfortunately I didn't count the elder harvests, but it's been alot. I'm guessing it's about a 2% drop rate which aligns with Sarahnimo's last post. For anybody who doesn't know KP plants have a base 24 day life cycle (not including likes or delays).

This means to get 12 ambers I need to harvest 600 KP plants. If I have gardens with 100 plants it should take me 144 days, or about 5 months.

My first couple months I didn't have 100 plants (I started with 10 plants). But now I have more than 100. So its likely a 6 month venture. (I have plant likes at each garden, but I also have delays).

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Well apparently getting amber is quite possible. I get several per week now. With 300+ KP in nicely organized gardens its pretty easy. I guess it just takes an ambitious approach.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
You can purchase amber with arena tickets. It's only 5000 tickets per one amber, so if you pvp everyday for a year, you might be able to buy one amber. LOL

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Just a heads up. I have noticed that white tiger lillies have been dropping in the new winterbane dungeon. Not a lot of them, but one seed every 3 runs.