Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Few Questions For Grandmaster Crafters

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 20, 2010
Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I hope I can answer a few of those questions.

Golden Pearls: You can find these from pearls. The best place to find the pearls are the Moon Temple (lunarium). Within the Portico area you will find two pearls, two kelp, one shell, and one wooden chest. Just simply make a round to all the alcoves then back out to reset the instance. In no time you will have quite a few pearls you can transmute to Golden pearls.

Polymorph Treant Cards: I believe you can get those at the archivist. If not, there is a recipe for it in the floating lands. The guy on the dock within the water mole camp has it. (sorry, don't know his name)

Sunstone: You can get sunstone as drops from the bosses in the chancel, or transmute a ton of stone. Stone to sandstone, sandstone to sunstone. The transmute recipe for this can be found in Celestia base camp. Another way to obtain those is through gardening. I have gotten quite a few from King Parsley, and a few other plants. Hopefully someone could tell you the other plants.

Multiple crafts: NO. once you craft the amulet it is done. Sadly you don't get to keep the amulet.

As for the price. Crafting does get expensive when you buy the ingredients from the bazaar. You can save tons of money by finding the reagents needed.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Survivor
Dec 07, 2010
When I did CL crafting quest I did not have access to Portico. I was very successful realm hopping during off peak hours in the Grotto. On a run through I typically collected an average of 5-6 pearls, and also received golden pearls during harvest about every other run.

After crafting amulet, crafting my gear was easy.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Lizzi5093 wrote:

-Golden Pearls: Oh great. This quest has golden pearls. But that's ok, right? I'll just look for them and transmute them. My trusty friend Elik Silverfist doesn't always carry pearls though, so any ideas where I could find them in Celestia?

Polymorph Treant Cards: Do I need to buy the recipe seperatley for these and craft them? Or are they avaliable at the bazaar along with the other astral cards?

Sunstone: I've never worked with Sunstone before, so I don't know anything about it. All I know is that I need 3 pieces. So, is it rare? Where can it be found? Can expect it to be at the bazaar, and if so, is it very expensive?

Crafting Multiple Items: Is this like the DS quest where it goes on and on, and we need to craft multiple items?

And, finally, Gold Costs:
When I started the DS quest, I had about 100,000 gold. Now I only have about 20,000 gold. I am going broke :-( I need to craft myself some new gear, which is going to take about 100,000 more, and my goal is to get up to about 200,000 gold. (the max amount) Did this happen to you guys? How did you build up your gold again? Did it take long? (I have been beating bosses in WinterTusk and selling their gear, but I usually win only about 2-3 items per battle, usually sellable at 2,000 gold, but this is taking me quite awhile... But anything to get my new gear :-D )
)

The seal of Seven Seas is the crafting quest that you will get for the grandmaster artisan badge. You must go to the Floating land and speak to Pierce stanson (i think) and he will give you the quest and recipe for free.

Golden pearls- While they can be found in the moon temple (Chancel) I wouldn;t advise it. Stormriven hall is the best place to farm those. There are 4 spawn points. Go an central for a guide to those points. Just farm at a time when most people are not on and change realms from Ambrose to WU and you'll have all you need in no time.

Polymorph treant- sadly had to buy the recipe and craft them myself when i got my quest. Now they are available for sale at the archivist in the Stellarium. Now sure of the cost, maybe 3500 gold each.

Sunstone= are rare drops from bosses in the Chancel or you cna buy the recipe for the watermole in the floating land and battle mobs in the science centre for sandstones ot transmute. Sometimes you will find them at the bazaar. I bought a ton from the bazaar they cost 3500 gold each

as I said before you only get ONE quest for the Grandmaster Artisan badge.

Wintertusk gear sells for a lot so just un throw and complete all your quests. At the end of Wintertusk you should be close to 200,000 in gold if you sell all the gear you acquire plus the gold received from quests and sell snacks too. the necklaces and some of the boots are like 8000-13000 each. so if you know a boss that drops the necklaces thewn farm for those and sell.

The waterworks will next you about 40,000 each run from drops plus the gold you get from each fight. SO do the waterworks. I didn't check on nostrand but that should net you a hefty sum as well.

hope this helps.

Also there are tons of guides on wizard101central for just about anything you need and you don't have to have an account ot view posts.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
Lizzi5093 wrote:
Attempted Javascript Attack With COLOR

Golden pearls: when school was still going i went to the bazzar after school cuase that is usually the busiest time. and keep refreshing your list and watch out for pearls and golden pearls. You can also find pearls in the portico to transmute and sometimes if your very lucky get a rare drop. :-)

sunstone you can find at bazzar too for like 3500 or 2500 but it is worth the price since it is very rare. OR you can just collect some sandstone to transmute.
You can get the treants at the archivist. and there is only the one quest then you get the crafting badge.
Hope this helps! :-)
level 60 Storm, level 60 Balance, level 60 Fire, level 44 Life, level10 Ice, and level 3 death

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Lizzi,

I have many hint, tips, and tricks, that will help you when it comes to crafting, however, many of them are either spoilers, or top secret!

If you would like to meet up sometime, I can tell you all my special little hints, tips, tricks, and secrets...

Just let me know!

Explorer
Jul 31, 2009
Lizzi5093 wrote:

Golden Pearls: farm the portico, transmute pearls into golden pearls.

Treant polymorph: buy from the archivist in district of the stars.

Sunstone: Used to be easy to get by farming thunderfin in stormriven, but now that nobody is there anymore you should bring a group of friends along.

You only need to craft the one item

Money: You start to get to much once you start doing waterworks and wintertusk. Also thunderfin is very good for money.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Lizzi,

I have many hint, tips, and tricks, that will help you when it comes to crafting, however, many of them are either spoilers, or top secret!

If you would like to meet up sometime, I can tell you all my special little hints, tips, tricks, and secrets...

Just let me know!

Just about how many tricks do you have... You seem to be the smartest player in the entire world....

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
alexmf2 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Lizzi,

Just let me know!

Just about how many tricks do you have... You seem to be the smartest player in the entire world....

I seriously doubt that.....more likely the entire Spiral !!!!!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
alexmf2 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Lizzi,

Just let me know!

Well, thank you for the compliment... I have studied this game intently, and it is one of my favorite things to do... I look at all aspects of the game and each school... I have 2 accounts and 12 Wizards, 10 of them are Legendary, 1 is almost a Grandmaster and the last is still starting out...

I do have many tips and tricks, some, nobody knows about and some if you do a hard search, you might find them... I also have many tips and tricks for PvP, since that is a strategic area of play...

Explorer
Sep 02, 2009
I would like to see you darthjt! I have trouble with the quest!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
maxvarya1 wrote:
I would like to see you darthjt! I have trouble with the quest!

No problem... Tell ya what, I know this is a few days away, however, with moderation and all... I will meet you Friday at 4pm at the dye shop.

Lets say Torrence Realm... Please respond that this is acceptable... If you don't, I will still be there, considering moderation, so anyone that needs golden pearls can learn something new...

Just look for John Nightbringer, my fire...

Survivor
Nov 22, 2010
Hi All, it is me- Destiny Goldenblade... I need some help- I cannot finish my Grandmaster Artisan quest. I have the quest but I have not been sold the reciepe or any ingredients and each time I return I am asked to go and make the Talisman of the Seven Seas- I am now Level 60 and I have almost completed Winter Tusk (yes I do all the little side quests too) Can somone please help me? Thank you...

Armiger
May 10, 2010
sharkboy10102000 wrote:
Hi All, it is me- Destiny Goldenblade... I need some help- I cannot finish my Grandmaster Artisan quest. I have the quest but I have not been sold the reciepe or any ingredients and each time I return I am asked to go and make the Talisman of the Seven Seas- I am now Level 60 and I have almost completed Winter Tusk (yes I do all the little side quests too) Can somone please help me? Thank you...

Hi Sharkboy,

The recipe was automatically given to you, this time... Check your crafting recipe book under amulets, you should see the Seal of the Seven Seas there... Now all you have to do, is craft one...

Survivor
Nov 22, 2010
Hi Everyone,
Destiny GoldenBlade here, again... I still need some assistance with my Grandmaster Crafter badge. I am so excitied, I have completed Winter Tusk (crowd goes wild) I only havethe Water Works quest to do and craft my Talisaman of the Seven Seas.
My question is: I am looking for the transmute spell to create golden pearls, I have six of them I only need five more and as I have planty of pearls I was hoping to create some so I can finish my level 60 quests on W101 and await the next world.... I look forward to your replys, see you in the game

P.S Thank you for your replys they are a huge help... Cheers

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
sharkboy10102000 wrote:
Hi Everyone,
Destiny GoldenBlade here, again... I still need some assistance with my Grandmaster Crafter badge. I am so excitied, I have completed Winter Tusk (crowd goes wild) I only havethe Water Works quest to do and craft my Talisaman of the Seven Seas.
My question is: I am looking for the transmute spell to create golden pearls, I have six of them I only need five more and as I have planty of pearls I was hoping to create some so I can finish my level 60 quests on W101 and await the next world.... I look forward to your replys, see you in the game

Try Kimba Kalla in the Floating Land for the Transmute spell.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
The recipe vender in the Floating Land has most if not all of the transmute recipes. He is on the dock in the village near the back.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
You can also grow Fickle Pickles to harvest golden pearls

Iridian Shadowweaver, GM Artisan, Legendary Theurgist

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
Lizzi5093 wrote:

Sunstone: I've never worked with Sunstone before, so I don't know anything about it. All I know is that I need 3 pieces. So, is it rare? Where can it be found? Can expect it to be at the bazaar, and if so, is it very expensive?

Sunstone is dropped by bosses in the chancel and the trial of the spheres, plus from a few other bosses. This page, http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Reagent:Sunstone shows the bosses that drop it. It is also crafted from sandstone, which can also be farmed in celestia, or you can transmute stone blocks into sandstone then into sunstone. Combining these methods can get you a good amount. I get most of mine by gardening. The bazaar does not usually have it, but when it does, it is about 2000 gold.

Defender
Jan 09, 2011
Lizzi5093 wrote:

golden pearls:sultan palace
polymorph:archivast
sunstone:cl bosses waterworks rare at bazaar

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
For me the best time to get reagents is midnight to 6:00 AM. (I know sounds a little nuts to be up at that time) Yesterday I needed some Pearls and I found a guide on Wizard 101 Central that tells you the spawn spots. During these times people are not on and reagents are plentiful and if you go to the Bazaar you don't have to get mad when you want to buy a reagent and it says "Your transaction was unsuccessful" aka this has been already bought is the most stress for a artisain. So I have a better chance of getting Sandstone and Sunstone at night without seeing that note. And I get a decent amount at night. During the day, forget about it getting sunstone or sandstone from the bazaar!

Aaron Winterriver
Level 56 Grandmaster Thaumturge

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
ok i need to locate the grizzle him crafting table and can not find can you please help me

Survivor
Dec 07, 2010
sassysissie wrote:
ok i need to locate the grizzle him crafting table and can not find can you please help me

Probably you got it but gz crafting is in Northguard behind fortress over water between standing runestones.
Good luck.

Champion
May 03, 2011
I have gotten quite a few sunstones from Maelstrom Snap Dragons, also. A couple a week, I'd say. I grow them specifically for this.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
kingurz wrote:
sharkboy10102000 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Try Kimba Kalla in the Floating Land for the Transmute spell.

Avery Templeton in Celestia Base Camp. Right next to the entry to Survey camp. He's got all the transmutes.. I think!