Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why on earth can bosses cheat!?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
Well, the question says it all really? Okay so when you defeat Malistare you get a call from Proffessor Balestrom. He gives you a quest for the Celestia Spiral Key (Swimming with the Stars) Something like that. So i gathered a strong group and went in. We talked to the guy in white and he said that they had the ability to cheat. I sat there and thought, "Hmm, shouldnt be to much of a problem?" Ha was i WRONG! We got through the first few floors really well, we kept using Storm Lords, Fire Dragons, Scarecrows and Frost Giants. (We also had a few healing spells at hand). Anyway, we got to the first boss to find he cheated. Not to much of a problem, sure he casted out 3 minions but we took them out pretty quick, same with the boss really. So few more floors up they went pretty good. So last floor, now this is the part what SO ANNOYED ME! Once again who goes first? Yup, not us. To be honest we took the Cat and 2 Rats out pretty quick. The boss, took us 3 STINKING HOURS!? Now i'm sorry if you like a challenge, but this needs to stop! I was grounded as my time has been cut back on the Laptop, he would not stop using Scarecrow! We kept hitting and hitting but it was no use! He casted a Scarecrow with ONE PIP!? IS THAT NORMAL?? We did get through it, but like i said ^^ it took us 3 hours to do, now i'm sorry these bosses must stop cheating or i stop playing the game completely. I know Celestia is meant to be hard, but couldnt you just change the dang rules to like non stop Criticals? At least then we have a chance to do this a bit quicker. If i knew that it took us 3 hours then i wouldnt have gone in, but nope no warning nothing just a man standing there saying "Bosses have the ability to cheat, they can do things that Wizards cannot!" With all that said, Good luck to whoever has this quest -_-.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
lucyprice89 wrote:
Well, the question says it all really? Okay so when you defeat Malistare you get a call from Proffessor Balestrom. He gives you a quest for the Celestia Spiral Key (Swimming with the Stars) Something like that. So i gathered a strong group and went in. We talked to the guy in white and he said that they had the ability to cheat. I sat there and thought, "Hmm, shouldnt be to much of a problem?" Ha was i WRONG! We got through the first few floors really well, we kept using Storm Lords, Fire Dragons, Scarecrows and Frost Giants. (We also had a few healing spells at hand). Anyway, we got to the first boss to find he cheated.
well, first of all this is not a required dungeon to do. second, everyone says they cheat, but really they just have different rules than us wizards. it's just an added challenge for those who want to try their skills against bosses who are extra powerful and are seeking special items not found anywhere else. -eli and crew

Armiger
May 10, 2010
The Warehouse is an optional quest, you do not have to complete it to go to Celestia...

There is also, a warning how long the dungeon will take before you go in, unless you have it turned off on your preferences...

The cheats are there to challenge the players, like you said, you had a very easy time until the boss, since everyone has their level 48 spell and uses it quite regularly...

Most Cheating bosses are now in only optional quests or dungeons... Now, if you want to quit because you can't accept the challenge, when it is not even a requirement, that is your perogative, however, don't think that everyone will just because you don't like it...

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
The boss only cheats when you use a spell that the boss doesnt agree with. Most bosses post CL can remove traps. Putting blades on yourself causes a response. When you heal they heal.

This forces you to strategize and not just blast and done. If you follow the strategy a boss with 20k health can go down pretty quickly. If the boss was using scarecrow you used a spell to activate it not that he had the pips to use it!

Additionally try breaking down your comments into paragraph form to make it easier to read and on the eyes. You will get a better response that way.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
I completely agree! I had this quest. I went in ALONE and got up to the first boss (the crab with skeleton henchmen) and hired level 60 storm, balance, and fire henchmen. After, like, two turns, the life skeleton said "I saw that!" or something and cast Rebirth. This happened for about 15 minutes. Luckily I was 46 life and was able to cast healing spells, but i couldn't attack once without that dumb life skeleton casting rebirth! In the end, I got clobbered every time i went up there (about 3 or 4, costing me about 1500-2000 crowns in henchmen!!!!!!! ) I really don't think that cheating is fair. Maybe sometime in the future, a new world will come out where students can learn to cheat. It could pop up suddenly during a battle saying something like "Hurry! It's your chance!" and give you the option to choose a spell that you have enough pips for. It could only give you 5-10 seconds to choose a spell. That would make fighting cheating bosses MUCH easier.
~~~
Kelsey Daisyblossom
Level 49 Life Wizard

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
Look, lucyprice89, I'm sorry for your inconvienience, but honestly, bosses cheat because KI has to make the worlds harder from time to time, and other bosses, in other worlds, you can just buff out and your fine. But in CL and WT, you can't do that. You actually have to THINK before you shoot Elstais or whatever the heck his name is with a Frost Giant. And if you do leave, it's not like KI's going to send a letter saying, "PLEASE COME BACK!!!!!" In the time it took for me to write this, 20 more people just joined and 30 more just subscribed.

No offense intended.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Crooks9 wrote:
I completely agree! I had this quest. I went in ALONE and got up to the first boss (the crab with skeleton henchmen) and hired level 60 storm, balance, and fire henchmen. After, like, two turns, the life skeleton said "I saw that!" or something and cast Rebirth. This happened for about 15 minutes. Luckily I was 46 life and was able to cast healing spells, but i couldn't attack once without that dumb life skeleton casting rebirth! In the end, I got clobbered every time i went up there (about 3 or 4, costing me about 1500-2000 crowns in henchmen!!!!!!! ) I really don't think that cheating is fair. Maybe sometime in the future, a new world will come out where students can learn to cheat. It could pop up suddenly during a battle saying something like "Hurry! It's your chance!" and give you the option to choose a spell that you have enough pips for. It could only give you 5-10 seconds to choose a spell. That would make fighting cheating bosses MUCH easier.
~~~
Kelsey Daisyblossom
Level 49 Life Wizard

Well, considering that henchman are 50 crowns each, I seriously doubt you spent 1500-2000 crowns on this dungeon, unless you also bought elixers and such... However, this was your choice to try and do it solo, it was your choice to spend crowns, it was your choice to buy henchmen, it was your choice to do this quest when it is optional...

All that being said, I don't feel sorry for you at all... If you cant accept a challenge once in a while, what is the point? Players do get to Interrupt now, with their pets... Players are getting so powerful, that the only way to keep the game interesting and give some challenges are to allow bosses to have a set of rules or (Cheat) as it's called...

Sorry, but the game is fine just the way it is, you just need to adjust the way you play and think once in a while...

Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
darthjt wrote:
The Warehouse is an optional quest, you do not have to complete it to go to Celestia...

There is also, a warning how long the dungeon will take before you go in, unless you have it turned off on your preferences...

The cheats are there to challenge the players, like you said, you had a very easy time until the boss, since everyone has their level 48 spell and uses it quite regularly...

Most Cheating bosses are now in only optional quests or dungeons... Now, if you want to quit because you can't accept the challenge, when it is not even a requirement, that is your perogative, however, don't think that everyone will just because you don't like it...

I didnt say that that everyone is gonna agree with me did i?

Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
darthjt wrote:
Crooks9 wrote:
~~~
Kelsey Daisyblossom
Level 49 Life Wizard

Well, considering that henchman are 50 crowns each, I seriously doubt you spent 1500-2000 crowns on this dungeon, unless you also bought elixers and such... However, this was your choice to try and do it solo, it was your choice to spend crowns, it was your choice to buy henchmen, it was your choice to do this quest when it is optional...

All that being said, I don't feel sorry for you at all... If you cant accept a challenge once in a while, what is the point? Players do get to Interrupt now, with their pets... Players are getting so powerful, that the only way to keep the game interesting and give some challenges are to allow bosses to have a set of rules or (Cheat) as it's called...

Sorry, but the game is fine just the way it is, you just need to adjust the way you play and think once in a while...

Well first i didnt want anyone being sorry for me. I just wanted to share the way I feel about this how cheating thing. Yes players do get to interupt with a sprite. But, we should be able to use a scarecrow for like 3 pips or something. I just thought it was unfair how i'd never been in there before, there was no warning saying how long roughly it could take, all it had was a warning saying "Bosses can cheat." They need more information than that.
Yes it is good they did give us that warning but still. I know this is an optional quest its just it was sitting there and there was nothing better to do!! Until i made the biggest mistake of my life! Also i'm sick of getting the lengendy's out there saying to me "Oh your a noob, you wont win, get lost." Anyway cuz i've stressed out over this thing. When my membership runs out in September it shall not be renewed and i'd never recommend this game to anyone.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
You are going to let your membership run out and not recommend it to anyone because a boss used a cheat?

First off, KI does tell you how long each dungeon can take! Now, if YOU, turned off this feature, how can you blame KI???

Secondly, they do tell you that the Bosses Cheat, they give you warning... There are rules to follow, you break the bosses rules and they cheat, because you cheated by not following the rules!!!

Can this be made any easier to follow???

Well, if you feel that strongly about it, then by all means, cya... I just dont understand how you can say, you didn't know, or it's not fair... If you don't want a challenge, keep fighting the bosses in Wizard City, or are they too tough for you too?

Explorer
May 23, 2009
lucyprice89 wrote:
Well, the question says it all really? Okay so when you defeat Malistare you get a call from Proffessor Balestrom. He gives you a quest for the Celestia Spiral Key (Swimming with the Stars) Something like that. So i gathered a strong group and went in. We talked to the guy in white and he said that they had the ability to cheat. I sat there and thought, "Hmm, shouldnt be to much of a problem?" Ha was i WRONG! We got through the first few floors really well, we kept using Storm Lords, Fire Dragons, Scarecrows and Frost Giants. (We also had a few healing spells at hand). Anyway, we got to the first boss to find he cheated. Not to much of a problem, sure he casted out 3 minions but we took them out pretty quick, same with the boss really. So few more floors up they went pretty good. So last floor, now this is the part what SO ANNOYED ME! Once again who goes first? Yup, not us. To be honest we took the Cat and 2 Rats out pretty quick. The boss, took us 3 STINKING HOURS!? Now i'm sorry if you like a challenge, but this needs to stop! I was grounded as my time has been cut back on the Laptop, he would not stop using Scarecrow! We kept hitting and hitting but it was no use! He casted a Scarecrow with ONE PIP!? IS THAT NORMAL?? We did get through it, but like i said ^^ it took us 3 hours to do, now i'm sorry these bosses must stop cheating or i stop playing the game completely. I know Celestia is meant to be hard, but couldnt you just change the dang rules to like non stop Criticals? At least then we have a chance to do this a bit quicker. If i knew that it took us 3 hours then i wouldnt have gone in, but nope no warning nothing just a man standing there saying "Bosses have the ability to cheat, they can do things that Wizards cannot!" With all that said, Good luck to whoever has this quest -_-.

I agree. Have you ever faced Frostbranch?

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
darthjt wrote:
Crooks9 wrote:
~~~
Kelsey Daisyblossom
Level 49 Life Wizard

I was sorta exagerating when i said i spent 1500-2000 crowns...my point was that i wasted alot of crowns!

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
A bit of preparation would go a long way here. Simply have your team stack the deck with Strangle treasure spells you can buy at the Wizard City Library. This spell will cause his scarecrow to fizzle. Have an alternating team member cast one of these each round he casts a death spell and you'll never get hit by it, taking him down quickly.

It has been awhile since I did that dungeon, but I believe this is what I did.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
It is hard and annoying, but you have to agree, it does make the game interesting, and have people beat them before, yes. And not just some people, like a LOT of people beat cheat bosses and i have a GAZILLION times, so it is not that bad.

gorman death fist - legendary necromancer

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
they cheat because kingise needed to make the game more intresting. Look Do you remember the bosses in ds and malistaire. everyone is complaining that mailastaire is too easy

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
I know everyone else has said this, but the Warehouse quest is not an important quest. It's just a side quest. It's just for players who want a challenge. I don't nessassary like the cheating bosses myself, but I will say that I don't really mind them that much.

Hope that helped I guess. :)

Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
I'm really sorry guys! I really didnt mean to start an argument! I was really annoyed that day and kinda have been over the last couple of months. I have gotten used to bosses that cheat, and i make sure i have enough time to do the dungeon. One of my friends told me to look on the forums for useful tips. And i did, it is now working out really well! I was able to do the Waterworks. I'm working on the Tower of the Helephant. I think what happened was i was to low level? (Level 52) well i wouldnt class it as low but maybe for the Sprial Geographic thing. Also, I'm sorry for whoever i called a loser, I really need to watch what I say, if i could come up to you guys like face to face and appologize i would!

Once again sorry for all the trouble i've caused, i did post an appology before but for some reason it wasnt accepted?
Also sorry for any spelling mistakes!!

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Well, your lucky. It used to be you HAD to defeat it, and I finally defeated it on my third try. A day later after I defeated it, those complaining wizards made KI change the Warehouse to OPTIONAL. All that hard work and pride for nothing. Too much people complain, "This is too hard! The waterworks is too hard! Helephant tower is too hard!" Guys please, actually keep trying and you will make it! Stop complaining on every hard challenge. It makes the game no fun when it's too easy! Seriously!!!

Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
When i posted the appology I did say that one of my friends told me to go on to the forums. Then i asked her what one. She recommended Wizard101 Central Wiki or just the Wizard101 Central (Not sure if they're the same but yeah.) Anyways, I have been looking up the bosses all thats left for me to do now is Briskbreeze, Nobody seems to be standing out there now but I'm always keeping an eye out. I've done the Tower of the Helephant (REALLY hard but we got through it!) The thing is though, when i tried to sign up it said that my email wasnt aloud. Btw i'm from the UK not USA, does that mean anything?

I regret writing that comment saying loser to whoever that was... To be honest i dont even know why KI accepted it :? Anyway, thanks for the advice to be honest I needed a telling off for my bad behaviour...

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
steelerfan66 wrote:
lucyprice89 wrote:

I agree. Have you ever faced Frostbranch?

he was easy to me. every time he said "you have little time to hit me", i just wanded him or used my lowest rank spell on him and got a "mark of courage" which is actually a stun shield, so he wouldnt do the efreet all followed by earthquake cheat. i still got beaten though

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
I agree that they need to give us more of a warning. I didn't even know what he was talking about at first when he said "Cheat". That actually made me curious lol .

Caroline Sunbright level 60 life

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Survivor
May 30, 2010
lucyprice89 wrote:
I like cheating bosses, they're a great challenge and they can even be fun sometimes, please do not stop them. After all, my friends complain about the game being to easy and repetitive, Cheating bosses are a nice twist.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2008
Lol! thanks for warning me! I went into this dungeon and went up the first two floors, then my friend and i decided that we would just do it later. the guy in the white said that they cheated, but a scarecrow with one pip? That's a bit much, my friend and i will probably have to take people with us XD

Melissa, Level 52, Storm