Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Useless Power Pips

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 28, 2009
For people who didn't know this, Monsters with the schools of Star, Moon and Sun, can't use power pips. Why? Well, there's no Astral Attack spells and they can only use attacks from other schools which doesn't activate their power pips. Then what is the point for them to have it?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
For people who didn't know this, Monsters with the schools of Star, Moon and Sun, can't use power pips. Why? Well, there's no Astral Attack spells and they can only use attacks from other schools which doesn't activate their power pips. Then what is the point for them to have it?

To my knowledge all astral school spells are 0 pips (except the mutates). So they really don't need power pips.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
ELECTRIC333 wrote:

I think the power pips are just to intimidate the player.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:
ELECTRIC333 wrote:

Especially Astraeus who starts with 6 power pips.

Explorer
Mar 27, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:
ELECTRIC333 wrote:

All sun, star and moon foes have a "natural attack" that will use power pips as they are supposed to do (x2). That is the reason why they can hurt you very badly from the beginning.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
ELECTRIC333 wrote:

I am the mighty (insert villian name here) of the Star School!!! Fear my Powerpips!!!! I shall defeat you with my onslaught of Death Attacks and 0 pip Astral spells!!!!!!!

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
ELECTRIC333 wrote:

exactly if you see a wizard with a ton of power pips you would get scared to lol

Survivor
May 17, 2011
If they are high ranking they have more power pip chances. Thats what I know. Like us, we get more power pip chances and the higher rank (level) the higher power pip chances. And elvinlith, you are right.

Mary SparkleBlossom level 57 Grand Master Thurgest (life wizard)

Survivor
Dec 06, 2008
I was wondering this same thing! I was in an astral dungeon and was wondering to myself, why do they get power pips if they cant even use them? I sometimes want to like, run over there and take their power pips, and be like, "You don't need them anyway! I'll be taking these now, muahaha"

Defender
May 15, 2010
You guys are talking like they completely don't need them. Are you saying all they have are Astral Spells? They have other... Oh, wait, oh, wow, I feel stupid. Nevermind!