Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

''too small, try again''

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 30, 2009
108

CoopKoda wrote:
Well we all have a right to our own opinion


You're exactly right when you say that we all have a right to our own opinion and mine was that people are being rude to her.

CoopKoda wrote:
Keep in mind, there are 4 spots on the battle field, if someone asks a low level to port to them, they not only take the chance getting killed themselves, they have also changed the dynamic of the battle for everyone else.


Keep in mind that Cuthalla is NOT a main quest boss and we're not talking about someone who is level 5 going into the battle. Actually, I do believe she said she was level 43.

CoopKoda wrote:
so have no idea what you are ashamed of dream2dust.


I'm ashamed that so many higher-levels said very rude things to her simply because she was not level 48 and she was asking a question about a Celestian boss. I didn't want someone to assume that all higher-levels will bash them like that.

CoopKoda wrote:
So before you start saying you are ashamed, why not think before you type.


Hmm... this statement bothers me. I did think before I typed. I stated my opinion just as you did your's. Nothing wrong with that.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
why is it in a battle a message at the top of the sceern say ''too small, try again''. is this because the spells are to weak.? if so, how strong do the spells have to be to have to cast them. i'm just wondering. bye!!!!!!!
you shouldnt be in cl,i hate noobs.oh and cuthalla cheats
well, my friends sometimes go in celistia and battle, and i help them, so that's how i got into CE


Well dont!! it just makes it harder for all of us!

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
melcookie925 wrote:
ok i'm not a ''noob'' to cl. i can go to cl if i want to. and anyway, what wrong with a level 43 life wizard to be in cl?


You must be at least 48. it even says so....

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
115
Actually you said you were ashamed of us. Who are you to be ashamed of us? Most of us are stating opinions based on first hand experience with noobs joining battles they aren't equipped to fight in. We are not just arbitrarily being mean for no reason or just for the fun of it.

Entry to the world of Celestia is outlined that you have to have finished the quest to Malistaires Lair. There are reasons for that. The main reason is that those that have not are not prepared.

She may very well be level 43, but I have had a level 19 jump into one of my fights. So what's to stop a level 5 from doing the same.

KI made a very big mistake in allowing anyone to port. They should just put in a block that disallows any porting to Celestia if they haven't completed the appropriate quests. This goes for all worlds.

Parents gripe about cheating bosses in Celestia, but here are their kids cheating by porting to friends in order to level up more quickly.

dream2dust wrote:

CoopKoda wrote:
Well we all have a right to our own opinion


You're exactly right when you say that we all have a right to our own opinion and mine was that people are being rude to her.

CoopKoda wrote:
Keep in mind, there are 4 spots on the battle field, if someone asks a low level to port to them, they not only take the chance getting killed themselves, they have also changed the dynamic of the battle for everyone else.


Keep in mind that Cuthalla is NOT a main quest boss and we're not talking about someone who is level 5 going into the battle. Actually, I do believe she said she was level 43.

CoopKoda wrote:
so have no idea what you are ashamed of dream2dust.


I'm ashamed that so many higher-levels said very rude things to her simply because she was not level 48 and she was asking a question about a Celestian boss. I didn't want someone to assume that all higher-levels will bash them like that.

CoopKoda wrote:
So before you start saying you are ashamed, why not think before you type.


Hmm... this statement bothers me. I did think before I typed. I stated my opinion just as you did your's. Nothing wrong with that.

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
115
At level 43 you don't have rebirth yet. How are you going to effectively heal 3 others in battle? With the amount of damage a celestian enemy can cause, you cannot heal everyone and keep everyone alive.

Have a little respect for those that have earned entry to Celestia by doing all their quests. Why don't you just go focus on your own quests and gain entry the right way?

melcookie925 wrote:
ok i'm not a ''noob'' to cl. i can go to cl if i want to. and anyway, what wrong with a level 43 life wizard to be in cl?

Defender
May 30, 2009
108

CoopKoda wrote:
so have no idea what you are ashamed of dream2dust.


I was ashamed of the way SOME of the other higher-levels who've posted on this reacted to her question. Perhaps I should've been more clear on who I was directing my comment to, and I apologize if you (or anyone else) felt disrespected. What I was trying to imply is that there are ways to handle the situation without coming off as brash. I mean, the girl asked a common question about one of the bosses and the firsts replies she got was "you shouldnt be in cl,i hate noobs.oh and cuthalla cheats." I felt like that that was a bit rude and could've been stated in a nicer tone.

We've clearly had different experiences in the game. I've not had any issues with lower-levels joining my battles in Celestia and you have. I do respect you even though I don't necessarily agree with you and I wish you'd respect me as well.

-Jessica

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
115
I do respect you for your opinion. I did however find "shame" to be quite harsh and a slap in the face.

The puzzling thing about her question is that she says she was with friends, yet she did not ask them about the boss, instead she is in here asking... sounds more like she was porting to random people on her list and joined the Pylon battle. Probably healed for under 4 pips and made everyone mad.

dream2dust wrote:

CoopKoda wrote:
so have no idea what you are ashamed of dream2dust.


I was ashamed of the way SOME of the other higher-levels who've posted on this reacted to her question. Perhaps I should've been more clear on who I was directing my comment to, and I apologize if you (or anyone else) felt disrespected. What I was trying to imply is that there are ways to handle the situation without coming off as brash. I mean, the girl asked a common question about one of the bosses and the firsts replies she got was "you shouldnt be in cl,i hate noobs.oh and cuthalla cheats." I felt like that that was a bit rude and could've been stated in a nicer tone.

We've clearly had different experiences in the game. I've not had any issues with lower-levels joining my battles in Celestia and you have. I do respect you even though I don't necessarily agree with you and I wish you'd respect me as well.

-Jessica

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
678
likeluigi123 wrote:
sanmil0963 wrote:
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
why is it in a battle a message at the top of the sceern say ''too small, try again''. is this because the spells are to weak.? if so, how strong do the spells have to be to have to cast them. i'm just wondering. bye!!!!!!!
you shouldnt be in cl,i hate noobs.oh and cuthalla cheats
well, my friends sometimes go in celistia and battle, and i help them, so that's how i got into CE


First its cl and still you shouldnt be there!!!!!!!!!!!! GET OUT OF CELESTIA!!!!!! i dont mean to offend you but i dont want "noobs"in cl. Just get out plz.

If his friends has requested him for assistance and he is not interfering with anyone's else game, he has every right to be there. He paid is money just like you. So, I don't mean to offend you, but it doesn't matter what you want in this instance.
its a girl noob


It's obvious that you are a child, because you don't know how to articulate yourself. If you don't know what any of these words mean, get a dictionary and look them up.
My point still remains the same. As long as this person does not interfer with anyone elses game and is there by request of her friends, she has every right to be there. This is none of your business why she is there. You may dislike it all you like. That is your right and your feelings, but you need to learn some manners. If your only way of expressing yourself is by name calling, than you don't need to post and I am surprise, with all the rules that KI has and with moderation, that they would allow such behavior. Shame on you KI.

For all those who are confused why she is posting this question on here, let me explain it to you. This forum was designed to help people and she needed help. Did you ever take the time to think that maybe her friends did not know the answer either? Maybe it was their first time fighting him.

If people aren't allowed to ask questions without being scorned, how are they to learn! I am sure that you may have had to ask them yourselves. It's ashame that our young people did not learn any manners. I wonder where the older generation went wrong.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
42
It's kind of sad seeing what so many high level Wizards say to lower ranked Wizards. I mean really. If you are in a battle and you are level 50+ you should not be dying because a lower ranked Wizard joins your battle. Celestia is not that hard and if a minor inconvenience like having to defeat a couple more minions throws you off that bad then maybe you are just not good at this game. The bottom line is if I invite my lower ranked friend for help or just to hang out and fight people then that is what I choose to do. Last time I checked none of you people complaining pay for mine or any of my friends subscriptions to play the game so who really cares what you think.

Daniel Shadowflame - Legendary Pyromancer
Daniel Soulthief - Master Necromancer

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
115
No none of us pay your subscription or your friends, but I do pay for mine, and I'm sorry but I don't want to be inconvenienced by your low level friends. So quite frankly, I don't care what you think either, keep your low level friends with you and not wandering all over Celestia on their own!

It's time KI put a stop to the nonsense of any wizard porting to a world they have not earned entry to by following the quest line.

CC1403 wrote:
It's kind of sad seeing what so many high level Wizards say to lower ranked Wizards. I mean really. If you are in a battle and you are level 50+ you should not be dying because a lower ranked Wizard joins your battle. Celestia is not that hard and if a minor inconvenience like having to defeat a couple more minions throws you off that bad then maybe you are just not good at this game. The bottom line is if I invite my lower ranked friend for help or just to hang out and fight people then that is what I choose to do. Last time I checked none of you people complaining pay for mine or any of my friends subscriptions to play the game so who really cares what you think.

Daniel Shadowflame - Legendary Pyromancer
Daniel Soulthief - Master Necromancer

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
195
personally I'd like to hog tie the fool that let the level 15, you read that right 15 in cl.
The idea of the game is to work your way up, not skip all over the place and jump in battles you are clearly not ready for. I'd like to know what happen to the block so lower levels couldn't get in? that in the trash like fixing some of the bugs?

Survivor
May 22, 2009
22
dream2dust wrote:
Ignore the rude people, melcookie. If a friend asks a lower level wizard to port so that they can assist with a boss then that is completely fine. I'm actually ashamed to see so many higher-level wizards verbally attacking someone simply for teleporting to a friend in CL after their friend requested for help. Saying that you "hate noobs" and "get out of Celestia" etc. etc. just makes you come off as an obnoxious, rude noob yourself.

To any lower-levels reading this, PLEASE do not think that all Grandmaster and Legendary wizards are as rude as some of the people who've posted before me.

-Jessica SkullSlinger: Legendary Necromancer
Jessica DreamCatcher: Grandmaster Sorcerer
Jessica DuskWhisper: Grandmaster Diviner
Jessica WildFlame: Master Pyromancer


I have to go with dream2dust. These people are being quite rude. I read this page and thought to these people saying you shouldn't be in CL "Get over it." I think if your friend requested your help, there is nothing saying you can't help them. Don't listen to the people who say you cant.
-Destiny Drake: Legendary Sorcerer
Andrea Spritedust: Grandmaster Pyromancer
Courtney Pixieweaver: Grandmaster Theurgist
Jessica Myththorn: Grandmaster Conjurer

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
likeluigi123 wrote:
CoopKoda wrote:
You're a prime example of why noobs should not be in Celestia. Why didn't you ask your friends about that message?

melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
why is it in a battle a message at the top of the sceern say ''too small, try again''. is this because the spells are to weak.? if so, how strong do the spells have to be to have to cast them. i'm just wondering. bye!!!!!!!
you shouldnt be in cl,i hate noobs.oh and cuthalla cheats
well, my friends sometimes go in celistia and battle, and i help them, so that's how i got into CE
thank you,someone finally aggrees with me


Wow, you have a friend! You two make a lovely couple! Couple of Mean little Noobs that is. Haven't your parents ever taught you, that if you don't have anything nice to say, you should not say anything at all?

You know, the funny thing is, she asked a good question. And I am sure both of you NOOBs, did not know the answer either when you first met Cuthalla. No, someone had to teach you about his cheats and instruct you how to defeat him.

Yet, you want to criticize someone else for asking a question, reguardless of thier rank! Who are you to say, who is able or unable to help. She might just be the one to save your hide and keep you alive.

Unfortunately, you kids always run your mouth before you speak. Learn some manners and answer nicely next time.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
42
CoopKoda wrote:
No none of us pay your subscription or your friends, but I do pay for mine, and I'm sorry but I don't want to be inconvenienced by your low level friends. So quite frankly, I don't care what you think either, keep your low level friends with you and not wandering all over Celestia on their own!

It's time KI put a stop to the nonsense of any wizard porting to a world they have not earned entry to by following the quest line.

CC1403 wrote:
It's kind of sad seeing what so many high level Wizards say to lower ranked Wizards. I mean really. If you are in a battle and you are level 50+ you should not be dying because a lower ranked Wizard joins your battle. Celestia is not that hard and if a minor inconvenience like having to defeat a couple more minions throws you off that bad then maybe you are just not good at this game. The bottom line is if I invite my lower ranked friend for help or just to hang out and fight people then that is what I choose to do. Last time I checked none of you people complaining pay for mine or any of my friends subscriptions to play the game so who really cares what you think.

Daniel Shadowflame - Legendary Pyromancer
Daniel Soulthief - Master Necromancer


So I don't care what you think and you don't care what I think. So really who cares. It's not going to change. This game is built for Kids and taking away the option to port to specific areas just because you have not completed the quest to get their would be a bad move for KI. Children like to see what is the next best thing and I'm sure enjoy being able to port whenever they want to their friends. This game encourages social interaction in a fairly safe way. Taking away even a small part of that is probably not ever going to happen.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
678
CoopKoda wrote:
No none of us pay your subscription or your friends, but I do pay for mine, and I'm sorry but I don't want to be inconvenienced by your low level friends. So quite frankly, I don't care what you think either, keep your low level friends with you and not wandering all over Celestia on their own!

It's time KI put a stop to the nonsense of any wizard porting to a world they have not earned entry to by following the quest line.

Daniel Shadowflame - Legendary Pyromancer
Daniel Soulthief - Master Necromancer


I agree that KI needs to do something about the unwanted teleporting. This is a must, but it sounds that because of your horrible experiences with few disrespectful low levels that you are blaming them all. In fact, most lower levels aren't like what you are discribing. Many will help and than proceed to back to their own quests. If you put it into prospective, there are over 10 million subscribers on here, do you really think that all low levels are transporting and joining your fight? Of course not.

Even with saying that, there is no reason to be rude and disrespectful to someone for simply answering a question, as many of the post on here have done. I was called a name, simply because of a typo.

I don't think they should be totally band, but there are ways of limiting their access. Simply by adding a feature that gave permission for someone to port would resolve some of the issues.

You can't control the actions of others.

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
115
I do have a few low level people on my list. When I added them, I told them never to port to me unless they ask. Have also told them that I am fully willing and happy to help them out on their quests, but if they port to me in Celestia I will remove them from my list. They have up to now been very respectful of that.

I never said all low levels are bad, yes the ones I've been in contact with in Celestia have been. They are on a mission to get into dungeons in order to gain the XP in there and prematurely level up. Would this game really be that fun if you have a level 42 who is questing in krokotopia because they entered all the dungeons in every world? This technically is cheating, is this what the kids should be learning?

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
262
I find the way the original poster was treated by some here to be very sad and disturbing. They were in CL by their friends invitation and were fighting with their friends. They were not running around bothering other people. They came here to ask a simple question and got ripped apart for it. Wow....What ever happened to treating people with kindness and respect? I am really struggling to practice what I am preaching. There is no need to be so mean and rude.

KI has granted EVERYONE who buys areas with crowns or has a subscription the RIGHT to teleport freely to ALL worlds in the spiral. This subject has been hashed over in great and painful detail in this forum and others. I suggest folks move on. It is KI's decision, not yours. KI has shown NO interest what so ever in changing this feature of the game.

Quotes below are from this website.

You can be a Subscriber!

As a subscriber*, you get:

1. Access to ALL play areas in ALL worlds!

Getting Around - Teleporting to Friends
When you select a friend from your Friends list, one of the options is to "Go to Location".

This means you can teleport to your friend, but be careful, your friend may be in a high level area that you are not prepared for! It's always nice to ask your friend first if you can teleport to them.


Megan

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
115
Well you're kind of right. It is ultimately KI's decision, but we have all seen in the past how pressure from subscribers can effect change. This game has changed two-fold as a result of whining PVP'rs. Many changes made to appease them have affected the PVE side.

KI might not be publicly showing any interest, but I'm sure this is a topic of discussion at their meetings.

If KI has no intention of making any changes to this feature, then they should just come out and issue this statement. My guess though is that they have not done that as they are looking for a way to change the teleport system.

Firefan02 wrote:
It is KI's decision, not yours. KI has shown NO interest what so ever in changing this feature of the game.



Megan

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
43
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
why is it in a battle a message at the top of the sceern say ''too small, try again''. is this because the spells are to weak.? if so, how strong do the spells have to be to have to cast them. i'm just wondering. bye!!!!!!!
you shouldnt be in cl,i hate noobs.oh and cuthalla cheats.sorry if im mean


I bet people said I don't want that noob in this world when you probobly wanted to gain XP and move on in the game! So just shut up man!

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
43
As some people said in other comments people lower level shouldn't port to you when your like in a battle. Let me give you a BAD flashback of when my NOOB friend ported to me.
Looks up into sky: Well, I was fighting some crabs in the Grotto, qhen Dustin HexHunter ported to me and he was only at level 3! Then one of the Grotto bosses came right into the battle! I couldn't defeat him at 2,000 health! Then he said HA HA! and fled the battle!!!!!!!! What a jerk right!
Then I took him off my friend list! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nathan Bluesinger Level 60 Legendary Thaumaturge

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
2
you have to be at least lvl 48 to be able to do CL, but you don't have to be lvl 48 to help a friend. i have a high lvl fire wizard and a medium lvl life wizard, and if one of my friends need me to help (no matter what lvl they are) i am going to help with whichever wizard i am playing at the time. i used my life wizard to help a friend that was a high 50's lvl wizard and neither one of died.

DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
ok i'm not a ''noob'' to cl. i can go to cl if i want to. and anyway, what wrong with a level 43 life wizard to be in cl?


You must be at least 48. it even says so....

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
2
CC1403 wrote:
CoopKoda wrote:
No none of us pay your subscription or your friends, but I do pay for mine, and I'm sorry but I don't want to be inconvenienced by your low level friends. So quite frankly, I don't care what you think either, keep your low level friends with you and not wandering all over Celestia on their own!

It's time KI put a stop to the nonsense of any wizard porting to a world they have not earned entry to by following the quest line.

CC1403 wrote:
It's kind of sad seeing what so many high level Wizards say to lower ranked Wizards. I mean really. If you are in a battle and you are level 50+ you should not be dying because a lower ranked Wizard joins your battle. Celestia is not that hard and if a minor inconvenience like having to defeat a couple more minions throws you off that bad then maybe you are just not good at this game. The bottom line is if I invite my lower ranked friend for help or just to hang out and fight people then that is what I choose to do. Last time I checked none of you people complaining pay for mine or any of my friends subscriptions to play the game so who really cares what you think.

Daniel Shadowflame - Legendary Pyromancer
Daniel Soulthief - Master Necromancer


So I don't care what you think and you don't care what I think. So really who cares. It's not going to change. This game is built for Kids and taking away the option to port to specific areas just because you have not completed the quest to get their would be a bad move for KI. Children like to see what is the next best thing and I'm sure enjoy being able to port whenever they want to their friends. This game encourages social interaction in a fairly safe way. Taking away even a small part of that is probably not ever going to happen.


actually this game was built for anyone that would enjoy playing it.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
262
CoopKoda they had a Feedback Friday on porting. It was on 09-24-10. They got 51 pages of responses. When I said no interest in changing, I meant in the ability to PORT. I expressed myself poorly and am sorry. I do expect and have seen some changes in what lower levels can do once they arrive. Here is Professor Falmea's last post.--

"Before I close this topic and start another one, I just wanted to thank everyone for their feedback. We will considering this change very, very carefully as it seems like there are very strong feelings as well as very good points on both sides of the coin. Personally, I think the answer that will make the most sense is to take measures to discourage folks that are just trying to make trouble (find a high level friend, teleport, then run around and get in fights of higher levels that haven't asked them for help),without eliminating the ability to teleport to friends altogether.

Thanks again, look for another Feedback Friday appearing here shortly! I'll leave this one open for final words for the rest of the day.
--------------
"If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun."
Professor Falmea "

Megan

CoopKoda wrote:
Well you're kind of right. It is ultimately KI's decision, but we have all seen in the past how pressure from subscribers can effect change. This game has changed two-fold as a result of whining PVP'rs. Many changes made to appease them have affected the PVE side.

KI might not be publicly showing any interest, but I'm sure this is a topic of discussion at their meetings.

If KI has no intention of making any changes to this feature, then they should just come out and issue this statement. My guess though is that they have not done that as they are looking for a way to change the teleport system.

Firefan02 wrote:
It is KI's decision, not yours. KI has shown NO interest what so ever in changing this feature of the game.



Megan

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
"To any lower-levels reading this, PLEASE do not think that all Grandmaster and Legendary wizards are as rude as some of the people who've posted before me.

-Jessica SkullSlinger: Legendary Necromancer
Jessica DreamCatcher: Grandmaster Sorcerer
Jessica DuskWhisper: Grandmaster Diviner
Jessica WildFlame: Master Pyromancer "

Yes, Jessica, I agree with you. I hope those younger-than-we wizards will remember that there are grandmasters and legendaries who understand the excitement and curiosity that bring them to Celestia, invited or not.

Young wizards, please do ignore those whose egos are large and whose minds are narrow.

It's bad enough that Celestial adventurers feel that they own the new world to the point of being rude and plain mean to other wizards. But I think the problem has spread to grandmasters new to Celestia as well. I took my balance grandmaster to Celestia for the first time a couple of weeks ago and got called a noob (not in a friendly way) by a legendary wizard. It was as if I insulted him with my grandmaster's presence in a place that was made just for grandmasters.

Iridian Shadowweaver, Grandmaster Theurgist
Rowan Earthsong, Grandmaster Sorceress
Raven Earthsong, Master Pyromancer
Alexandria Dreamwalker, Adept Conjurer

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
594
I would like to see a pop up that allows you to BLOCK a port, much like you can say no to a Friend Request, Hatch request or ignore a trade request.