Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Srsly? I look like a boy for pete's sake!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 20, 2010
9
I'm not sure what anyone thinks about the CL clothes but I think they make me look way to much like a guy, and they don't look very cool either (no offense to the people who like these clothes) I think in CL there should be a more female looking type of clothes, I've already even been mistaken for a boy a few times before the people actually saw my name I really can't afford to get crowns to stich because i have to pay for a subscription each month (and my parents won't let me use any other money on it) and I think it would be nice to battle in CL wearing strong clothes instead of changing back to my ds stuff so i don't look so ridiculous.

Delver
May 26, 2009
246
Yeah, the CL clothes should definitely be changed for girls. I think that even my boy wizard looks ridiculous And why is there only one style of the legendary clothing? There were different styles of the grandmaster gear :x

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
22
I agree...I seriously dislike the cl clothes. I stayed with my grand clothes through almost all of Celestia for 2 reasons 1) I'd rather wear them than cl outfits and 2) the stats are better anyway.

I sewed and stitched my lvl 58 clothes, but I don't often like the use crowns on that. But it had to be done. Even all of my friends that saw that outfit before I sewed and stitched it agreed I should fix it. Even before I did that, I kept switching between my ds clothes and my cl clothes so I didn't have to feel self-conscious about it.

Olivia Lotusflower
Legendary Thaumaturge

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
Rubywolff wrote:
I'm not sure what anyone thinks about the CL clothes but I think they make me look way to much like a guy, and they don't look very cool either (no offense to the people who like these clothes) I think in CL there should be a more female looking type of clothes, I've already even been mistaken for a boy a few times before the people actually saw my name I really can't afford to get crowns to stich because i have to pay for a subscription each month (and my parents won't let me use any other money on it) and I think it would be nice to battle in CL wearing strong clothes instead of changing back to my ds stuff so i don't look so ridiculous.


Well, I am a guy, but I do agree with you, most of the clothing and the wands in Celestia are hideous! And I also agree, females should have more fashionable choices!

Survivor
Aug 08, 2009
17
Defender
Jul 10, 2009
186
You should just change whenever you go in/out of a battle.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
Rubywolff wrote:
I'm not sure what anyone thinks about the CL clothes but I think they make me look way to much like a guy, and they don't look very cool either (no offense to the people who like these clothes) I think in CL there should be a more female looking type of clothes, I've already even been mistaken for a boy a few times before the people actually saw my name I really can't afford to get crowns to stich because i have to pay for a subscription each month (and my parents won't let me use any other money on it) and I think it would be nice to battle in CL wearing strong clothes instead of changing back to my ds stuff so i don't look so ridiculous.


Theres's a cute level 50 dress, and a fancy dress with awesome stripey tights around level 54. Both look awesome with the mosh-style level 50 boots and a fancy hat :) I also like the armoured skirt outfit.

I agree with you though, about that weird uni-suit. It isn't flattering at all. And the hats and higher-level boots are just ugly.

Stitching is the way to go with CL gear.

Scarlet Ravensong, GM Pyromanceress

Survivor
May 25, 2010
7
Rubywolff wrote:
I'm not sure what anyone thinks about the CL clothes but I think they make me look way to much like a guy, and they don't look very cool either (no offense to the people who like these clothes) I think in CL there should be a more female looking type of clothes, I've already even been mistaken for a boy a few times before the people actually saw my name I really can't afford to get crowns to stich because i have to pay for a subscription each month (and my parents won't let me use any other money on it) and I think it would be nice to battle in CL wearing strong clothes instead of changing back to my ds stuff so i don't look so ridiculous.


Well, this is just my opinion: the celestian armor that looks the most like a female outfit (no offense to any guys wearing it) is the Archeologist's outfit. hope this helps :)

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
celestia has the second best clothes next to dragonspyre. personally the only thing that needs to change is well. idk

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
134
I agree, the Celestia clothes for females are hideous. (I don't like them much on guys either, honestly). The Archeologist's outfit is the only one I would even consider wearing.

It's doubly difficult to distinguish the sexes because almost all of the hats hide your hair and the whole outfit is non-gender specific, so you have really way of knowing expect by name. Unfortunately, there are also a few names that could go either way, so I'm still left scratching my head sometimes.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2010
11
Gelwyn wrote:
I agree, the Celestia clothes for females are hideous. (I don't like them much on guys either, honestly). The Archeologist's outfit is the only one I would even consider wearing.

It's doubly difficult to distinguish the sexes because almost all of the hats hide your hair and the whole outfit is non-gender specific, so you have really way of knowing expect by name. Unfortunately, there are also a few names that could go either way, so I'm still left scratching my head sometimes.


I dunno I think they're trying to keep within the scope of the game. What would a wizard wear. Seeing as they generally wear some kind of dress/ robe it's only fitting that there should be robes/ dresses. Sadly we have a lot of capes. I for one have always hated the color sense of balance...ie orange and green. You'd have to be color blind to like that combo. I normally keep the 'no auction' gear and stitch them. Also if you look like a boy, nobody has noticed generally we all look like girls here. I can't tell the boy from the girl here in this game.
If you don't want to stitch or cant afford it then it's too bad it's a paid item stitching and thus the better outcome. If you want to look like a girl dye yourself in pink, I'm pretty sure no guy will use th pink dye...lol

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
134
acorn01 wrote:
Gelwyn wrote:
I agree, the Celestia clothes for females are hideous. (I don't like them much on guys either, honestly). The Archeologist's outfit is the only one I would even consider wearing.

It's doubly difficult to distinguish the sexes because almost all of the hats hide your hair and the whole outfit is non-gender specific, so you have really way of knowing expect by name. Unfortunately, there are also a few names that could go either way, so I'm still left scratching my head sometimes.


I dunno I think they're trying to keep within the scope of the game. What would a wizard wear. Seeing as they generally wear some kind of dress/ robe it's only fitting that there should be robes/ dresses. Sadly we have a lot of capes. I for one have always hated the color sense of balance...ie orange and green. You'd have to be color blind to like that combo. I normally keep the 'no auction' gear and stitch them. Also if you look like a boy, nobody has noticed generally we all look like girls here. I can't tell the boy from the girl here in this game.
If you don't want to stitch or cant afford it then it's too bad it's a paid item stitching and thus the better outcome. If you want to look like a girl dye yourself in pink, I'm pretty sure no guy will use th pink dye...lol


The main point is that almost every other clothing item in the game (there are a few exceptions) there is a distinct 'male' version and a distinct 'female' version. The clothing would be very similar, but you could look and know by the clothes whether the person was male or female.

To me all of the Celestian clothing items are obviously male. I think the female versions were just left out of the release or something. I also am not a 'girly girl' so your suggestion to dye everything pink is not a solution. I am lucky enough to have the option of using crowns to stitch my items. Many players, however, are not as fortunate.

Also the balance school has more options than orange and green. You also have purple and gold. You can also easily dye your clothes with gold to any colors you desire.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2010
4
Greetings from Southern California!

Hello, It's Amber Waterblossom. ( level 55 storm )

We all know that Celestia ( CeLestia or also known as CL ) has clothing that most of us people ( or everyone: I don't have precise calculations ) don't prefer to even wear! And we all should know you could stich ( go to any world, and look for Zeke's wife: Eloise Merryweather and you can stich ) but some of us ( or most: same thing again, I don't have precise calculations on this ) don't have crowns to do this. So I agree, that some girls look like boys, but it depends on what the style they are wearing. I would say they would do this again, like the Dragonspire ( DragonSpire or also known as DS ) clothes, that were a big hit to most ( or all ) people.

This is just a reccomendation, if you have crowns, and around ten thousand gold, you should stich. You will look nice and still have good status. I hope you all will be happy with this. ( CROWNS ONLY PEOPLE )

If you do not have crowns, some people will be generous enough to gift you five dollars of crowns, or maybe more. I hope this helps everyone.

XOXO,
Amber Waterblossom
Paige ( bestie :D )
Erica ( all her characters )
Anthony ( bf :)... )
Ashley ( best friend )
Fiona Darktamer ( best friend for life and etc. )
Ryan ( lolz best guy/ friend dude )
Amber's ( lolz each sis and friend )
Michelle ( best fran foreva! )
Maria ( thnx for helping me all this way )
Tyler ( get on X. X )
Olivia ( best buddie )
Elizabeth ( singing buddy :D )
&
Alexandria ( meh best friend )


Defender
May 30, 2009
108
The level 58 gear reminds me of a quilt or something lol, so I bought a gift card for the sole purpose of using it to buy crowns to stitch together an outfit I preferred. I mean, I'll probably be wearing the gear for year or more while waiting for the next world/gear to come out.... might as well like what I'm wearing while I patiently wait. ;D

-Jessica SkullSlinger

Delver
Aug 01, 2009
251
Celestia clothes are the ugliest!!! esp for us girl wizards. I resorted to spending crowns to buy a different outfit and had to have it stitched because I was being made fun of- NOT COOL