Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Seal of the Seven Seas

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Hello!
I am finally a master artisan! So I looked around CL for the quest to get the Grandmaster Crafter badge. Eventually I found the guy who gives it to you. I get get most of the ingredients pretty easily. Except for Sunstone. I don't know which bosses drop it, or where you can find it. So the other way to get Sunstone is to card craft it. for that, you need Sandstone. I can get this more easily than Sunstone, but I don't know which bosses drop it, or where you can find it! So, if things become really desperate, I have to card craft Sandstone. For that, I need stone block, and there is none of it at the Bazaar. And I will have to hunt around KT for that, because it is everywhere in there. But if I go to CL, I have a chance of getting Sandstone, but at a smaller rate, and I would have to hunt all around the world for it. You see my dilemma? Does anyone know of a place where I have a decent chance of gatting Sand or Sunstone in CL?
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

Defender
Jul 09, 2011
King Parsley gives Sunstone and if you need sandstone/stone blocks I usually farm the Grand Chasm past and The path of scales in The crown of fire in Dragonspyre.In Celestia I know that you can get stone blocks in the Stellarium.I'm not sure about the bosses that drop Sunstone though

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Nicitas wrote:
Hello!
I am finally a master artisan! So I looked around CL for the quest to get the Grandmaster Crafter badge. Eventually I found the guy who gives it to you. I get get most of the ingredients pretty easily. Except for Sunstone. I don't know which bosses drop it, or where you can find it. So the other way to get Sunstone is to card craft it. for that, you need Sandstone. I can get this more easily than Sunstone, but I don't know which bosses drop it, or where you can find it! So, if things become really desperate, I have to card craft Sandstone. For that, I need stone block, and there is none of it at the Bazaar. And I will have to hunt around KT for that, because it is everywhere in there. But if I go to CL, I have a chance of getting Sandstone, but at a smaller rate, and I would have to hunt all around the world for it. You see my dilemma? Does anyone know of a place where I have a decent chance of gatting Sand or Sunstone in CL?
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

This link on the fansite shows a lot of drop points for Sandstone:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Reagent:Sandstone

You could also check on that site for Sunstone too.

Hope this helps.

Historian
May 01, 2010
one of the pylon bosses loves to drop sunstone (like thunderfin or something) but he is, if you are facing the pylons from the monsters on the road, the right most one, also, bosses in the chancel drop them

Champion
May 03, 2011
I had to do the sunstone the hard way, but it doesn't take long if you farm around DS. There are stone blocks everywhere, it seems, and sometimes you get sandstone too. I have done all of CL except for the Trial, including the pylon bosses, and only one of those dropped a sunstone. I don't think I've gotten more than one or two more from drops. So you really have to transmute. The good thing is, you only have to make one thing for this badge, instead of three, as in DS. It took me about a week to get it done.

Good luck--I love being a Grandmaster Artisan! I've crafted awesome gear and am now working on the GH house.

Tabitha