Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pushing the Envelope...

1
AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
329
I hate complaining, but Celestia is just too much.

I thought that Celestia would be a nice change in difficulty, as opposed to the cut-up Dragonspyre. I THOUGHT this.

But now, the difficulty is getting WAY out of hand.

Regular enemies can now gain Power Pips. I didn't have a problem with this at first, but I'm just in the beginning, and enemies are already gaining THREE Power Pips at a time at the start of the battle! That's not hard, that's literally IMPOSSIBLE to compete with!

And besides that, quests are suddenly next to indefinite! I thought getting three pieces of Algae from Waverunners would be a challenge, but I've been on the same quest for a whole week and I still only have ONE piece of algae.

Steroid enemies are one thing, but pairing that with impossible collection quests is too much.

And what's up with type matchups. Misemos, who is an Ice creature, isn't boosted by Fire spells? What's up with that?

I know that Celestia is supposed to be challenging, but this isn't working. I actually quit Wizard101 for a long interval in the middle of Dragonspyre because of it's difficulty before the update, and I'm sure a lot of people have been there. If something isn't done soon, history is going to repeat itself.

And before any smart-mouths go 'Well, Celestia isn't meant to be soloed.' or 'Of course it's hard! What'd you expect?!', keep in mind that I've tried this with friends, and the quests aren't any easier, and the enemies aren't any simpler to defeat.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
Hang in there and consider how you can boost your healing ability, critical chance, and power pips. The learning curve in Celestia is HUGE, but it seems to level off after the Grotto. At least that's my experience.

My Theurgist had a terrible time until mid-Floating Land. After that, soloing was a breeze. In fact, Iridian managed to solo around 85% of Celestia with little difficulty.

My Pyromanceress is having an absolute BALL soloing Celestia.

My Sorceress has had a terrible time, and I think she will rely on friends to get through the earlier areas. It doesn't seem that she will be able to handle anything on her own until she gets enough critical rating to make spirit spells useful.

Practice makes perfect! Good luck on your journeys,

Scarlet Ravensong, GM Pyromanceress

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
62
Looks like you need to make a lot of friends to help you. I have 3 wizards that have been all the way thru Celestia with little help and the difficulty was what made it fun. My wizards was Fire, Balance and Life and now I am working on my death who is in Dragonspyre.

Dont worry though sooner or later KI will make the Celestia like they did with DS. They have started by making EElgis and Cuthalla to not cheat making them no fun to kill. This is why sooner ot later Wizard will start to lose people because they tend to favor the complainers over those of us who like the difficult / challenge.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
ok take a deep breath and think. what are you doing wrong? celestia is a nightmare if you dont approach it at the right angle.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
262
boominn wrote:
Looks like you need to make a lot of friends to help you. I have 3 wizards that have been all the way thru Celestia with little help and the difficulty was what made it fun. My wizards was Fire, Balance and Life and now I am working on my death who is in Dragonspyre.

Dont worry though sooner or later KI will make the Celestia like they did with DS. They have started by making EElgis and Cuthalla to not cheat making them no fun to kill. This is why sooner ot later Wizard will start to lose people because they tend to favor the complainers over those of us who like the difficult / challenge.


I think KI gears the game so the MAJORITY of the players can succeed. That means there is a MINORITY at either end unhappy because of difficulty or lack there of. I also believe if adjustments are made they are needed per customer feedback. If more cannot than can succeed KI stands to lose a bundle.

Superwiz1560--Please don't give up! It truly does get better later in the game. I struggled so hard in the early parts of CL. The collecting quests drove me crazy. I still think those drop rates need to be tinkered with. Do look at gear, deck setup and perhaps after a few battles and no collecting try switching realms.

Megan

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
723
Wow you are upset with a challenge? Celestia may be difficult to adjust to, but come on it is fun to be challenged again and there are tons of people that are willing and able to help those working through Celestia. I hope that KI keeps the difficulty and make is more so in future worlds. I for one am sick of KI simplifying/stupefying game to meet complaints of those unwilling to adapt and grow; as seen in optional battles-MB warehouse quest, halving of crafting requirements, and dumbing down of bosses.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
394
I can see your view, i have had some of your problems even though i defeated celestia a while ago. And beleve me, I have seen a LOT of posts about celestia.
KI gets it already! Making a game like Wizard 101 is very difficult job, and it is hard to manage. I am sure they will make updates sooner or later.
( btw, I really cant see most of your points of view. Celestia was really fun and pretty easy for me, I guess i'm just lucky :D
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
329
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
ok take a deep breath and think. what are you doing wrong? celestia is a nightmare if you dont approach it at the right angle.


Really? I'm the one doing something wrong? I'm at my prime for Pete's sake!

After stealing Malistaire's sweet cloak, I could do stuff I thought was super hard in other worlds with my eyes closed. I just got the Emerald Champion and Dragonspyre Master badge in the same day and soloed the Great Spyre up to the Crown of Fire just to grab the last stone rose (no spoiler, sorry).

40% power increase
58% defense increase

And I just got my Giant card (Fire and Storm are the best schools for Sun, by the way).

How many other angles are there to approach it at? You must know something I don't, because even with all this, I'm still struggling to inch my way through the District of Stars.

Forgive me if I sounded too indignant and whiny. I'm very tired and very very irritated. :-(

Jack Fireheart Level 53 Pyromancer

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
346
Superwiz1560 wrote:
I hate complaining, but Celestia is just too much.

I thought that Celestia would be a nice change in difficulty, as opposed to the cut-up Dragonspyre. I THOUGHT this.

But now, the difficulty is getting WAY out of hand.

Regular enemies can now gain Power Pips. I didn't have a problem with this at first, but I'm just in the beginning, and enemies are already gaining THREE Power Pips at a time at the start of the battle! That's not hard, that's literally IMPOSSIBLE to compete with!

And besides that, quests are suddenly next to indefinite! I thought getting three pieces of Algae from Waverunners would be a challenge, but I've been on the same quest for a whole week and I still only have ONE piece of algae.

Steroid enemies are one thing, but pairing that with impossible collection quests is too much.

And what's up with type matchups. Misemos, who is an Ice creature, isn't boosted by Fire spells? What's up with that?

I know that Celestia is supposed to be challenging, but this isn't working. I actually quit Wizard101 for a long interval in the middle of Dragonspyre because of it's difficulty before the update, and I'm sure a lot of people have been there. If something isn't done soon, history is going to repeat itself.

And before any smart-mouths go 'Well, Celestia isn't meant to be soloed.' or 'Of course it's hard! What'd you expect?!', keep in mind that I've tried this with friends, and the quests aren't any easier, and the enemies aren't any simpler to defeat.
How are the enemies in cl impossible to beat? I beat cl with friends.Also,why would you quit Wiz101 just because of cl?Its meant to be hard,unlike all the worlds.The enemies arent impossible to defeat just because they get 3 power pips in one turn .And besides that, quests are suddenly next to indefinite! I thought getting three pieces of Algae from Waverunners would be a challenge, but I've been on the same quest for a whole week and I still only have ONE piece of algae.

How to do this part is to have 4 enemies at a time in the battle.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
49
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
716
Superwiz1560 wrote:
I hate complaining, but Celestia is just too much.

I thought that Celestia would be a nice change in difficulty, as opposed to the cut-up Dragonspyre. I THOUGHT this.

But now, the difficulty is getting WAY out of hand.

Regular enemies can now gain Power Pips. I didn't have a problem with this at first, but I'm just in the beginning, and enemies are already gaining THREE Power Pips at a time at the start of the battle! That's not hard, that's literally IMPOSSIBLE to compete with!

And besides that, quests are suddenly next to indefinite! I thought getting three pieces of Algae from Waverunners would be a challenge, but I've been on the same quest for a whole week and I still only have ONE piece of algae.

Steroid enemies are one thing, but pairing that with impossible collection quests is too much.

And what's up with type matchups. Misemos, who is an Ice creature, isn't boosted by Fire spells? What's up with that?

I know that Celestia is supposed to be challenging, but this isn't working. I actually quit Wizard101 for a long interval in the middle of Dragonspyre because of it's difficulty before the update, and I'm sure a lot of people have been there. If something isn't done soon, history is going to repeat itself.

And before any smart-mouths go 'Well, Celestia isn't meant to be soloed.' or 'Of course it's hard! What'd you expect?!', keep in mind that I've tried this with friends, and the quests aren't any easier, and the enemies aren't any simpler to defeat.


Oh my lord. KingsIsle, please actually read this. I am pretty sure you guys are enjoying this. Get a grip. If you wonder why people are complaining all the time, well, here is why. Read the above.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
716
queenlybluebean wrote:
Hang in there and consider how you can boost your healing ability, critical chance, and power pips. The learning curve in Celestia is HUGE, but it seems to level off after the Grotto. At least that's my experience.

My Theurgist had a terrible time until mid-Floating Land. After that, soloing was a breeze. In fact, Iridian managed to solo around 85% of Celestia with little difficulty.

My Pyromanceress is having an absolute BALL soloing Celestia.

My Sorceress has had a terrible time, and I think she will rely on friends to get through the earlier areas. It doesn't seem that she will be able to handle anything on her own until she gets enough critical rating to make spirit spells useful.

Practice makes perfect! Good luck on your journeys,

Scarlet Ravensong, GM Pyromanceress


How are we supposed to do that exactly? Farm Celestia bosses and hope to get lucky break during a boss fight? Power pips do nothing for you if you have to spend your time healing your damage taken. Criticals mean nothing if there is no possible way to obtain it, and bazaar does not have it. Gear means nothing if you cannot survive to even get it.

I am facing up and come to the conclusion that Celestia is simply a world where you have to have friends. Although, I would not call that much of a game if you are forced to play with friends to even stand a chance of surviving. Especially when 80% of the game is available to enjoy solo.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
Shiningfantasia wrote:

How are we supposed to do that exactly? Farm Celestia bosses and hope to get lucky break during a boss fight? Power pips do nothing for you if you have to spend your time healing your damage taken. Criticals mean nothing if there is no possible way to obtain it, and bazaar does not have it. Gear means nothing if you cannot survive to even get it.

I am facing up and come to the conclusion that Celestia is simply a world where you have to have friends. Although, I would not call that much of a game if you are forced to play with friends to even stand a chance of surviving. Especially when 80% of the game is available to enjoy solo.


OK, well I give up. Disregard the very nice and supportive message I just posted earlier to your rant post.


Hero
Sep 08, 2008
716
Superwiz1560 wrote:
I hate complaining, but Celestia is just too much.

I thought that Celestia would be a nice change in difficulty, as opposed to the cut-up Dragonspyre. I THOUGHT this.

But now, the difficulty is getting WAY out of hand.

Regular enemies can now gain Power Pips. I didn't have a problem with this at first, but I'm just in the beginning, and enemies are already gaining THREE Power Pips at a time at the start of the battle! That's not hard, that's literally IMPOSSIBLE to compete with!

And besides that, quests are suddenly next to indefinite! I thought getting three pieces of Algae from Waverunners would be a challenge, but I've been on the same quest for a whole week and I still only have ONE piece of algae.

Steroid enemies are one thing, but pairing that with impossible collection quests is too much.

And what's up with type matchups. Misemos, who is an Ice creature, isn't boosted by Fire spells? What's up with that?

I know that Celestia is supposed to be challenging, but this isn't working. I actually quit Wizard101 for a long interval in the middle of Dragonspyre because of it's difficulty before the update, and I'm sure a lot of people have been there. If something isn't done soon, history is going to repeat itself.

And before any smart-mouths go 'Well, Celestia isn't meant to be soloed.' or 'Of course it's hard! What'd you expect?!', keep in mind that I've tried this with friends, and the quests aren't any easier, and the enemies aren't any simpler to defeat.


I know KingsIsle. I will still play this game, but I will forever remember that blatant kick in the face you gave me by stonewalling me with Celestia. Good job.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
716
I did not mean it in any negative way or anything. I still play, I am slowly grinding my way through Celestia bit by bit, as slow as it can get, so, it is not like I am suffering from strokes and heart attacks from frustration.

Either way. I do hope KingsIsle will patch up Celestia. I see no reason to be in it except for the simple fact that Celestia is the ONLY way at the moment where I can actually level up my wizard.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2011
21
I understand just what you mean. :(

I'm on the algae bit myself. The battles are tough at best, and it takes forever to actually collect anything.
That's the worst of it - spending hours collecting nothing.

In my experiences so far, the enemy has pips galore and always goes first. Being Storm, unless I can drop at least one shield to ward off a little damage, I'm down to nothing for health very quickly.

Oh, and another thing, KI - Why do the Wing Fish { Balance } have Wild Bolt? :x

I'm not one to complain really, but the Grotto needs a bit of work. Keep in mind that we are level 50ish without the proper gear yet.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
163
Shiningfantasia wrote:
I did not mean it in any negative way or anything. I still play, I am slowly grinding my way through Celestia bit by bit, as slow as it can get, so, it is not like I am suffering from strokes and heart attacks from frustration.

Either way. I do hope KingsIsle will patch up Celestia. I see no reason to be in it except for the simple fact that Celestia is the ONLY way at the moment where I can actually level up my wizard.


Look at it this way, until the next world gets added (and that won't likely be too soon) Celestia in the last world in the spiral we can access. If you did breeze through it, what would you do afterward? By making it more difficult, KI has increased the amount of time you can play the game before beating it. Btw, the original quest mentioned is, in my opinion, one of the toughest in Celestia. There's a similar quest in District of the Stars, but that one is limited to just needing to beat four of those guys straight up. It's not until Stormriven that you find a similar combination of equally tough enemies and a real stinginess in needed drops. Both of the enemies involved are ice enemies who start out with large number of power pips, tower shield frequently, and have rather large health levels for non-bosses.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009
42

I agree Superwiz1560, Celestia is a difficult world, even with help! Bfore anyone goes straight to saying: "Oh not meant to be soloed, Boost health" etc. It helps but not a lot! Plus, the health boost items cost a lot of gold, so you buy a hat for say 2750 gold, then you only have 1320 and you need 2568 to buy a robe and then 2457 gold for the boots it takes about a week to gain that much gold. On the other hand the "demons from the underworld" gain 3 power pips to start, trap you, blade themselves, and critical basicly brings you to 234 health then the other guy attacks you and kills you! Then if your friend heals you the "demons" kill your friend then you! That sums it up! And one last thing: They cheat to much!
- Sarah Moonglade level 55 Storm

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
163
Shiningfantasia wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:
Hang in there and consider how you can boost your healing ability, critical chance, and power pips. The learning curve in Celestia is HUGE, but it seems to level off after the Grotto. At least that's my experience.

My Theurgist had a terrible time until mid-Floating Land. After that, soloing was a breeze. In fact, Iridian managed to solo around 85% of Celestia with little difficulty.

My Pyromanceress is having an absolute BALL soloing Celestia.

My Sorceress has had a terrible time, and I think she will rely on friends to get through the earlier areas. It doesn't seem that she will be able to handle anything on her own until she gets enough critical rating to make spirit spells useful.

Practice makes perfect! Good luck on your journeys,

Scarlet Ravensong, GM Pyromanceress


How are we supposed to do that exactly? Farm Celestia bosses and hope to get lucky break during a boss fight? Power pips do nothing for you if you have to spend your time healing your damage taken. Criticals mean nothing if there is no possible way to obtain it, and bazaar does not have it. Gear means nothing if you cannot survive to even get it.

I am facing up and come to the conclusion that Celestia is simply a world where you have to have friends. Although, I would not call that much of a game if you are forced to play with friends to even stand a chance of surviving. Especially when 80% of the game is available to enjoy solo.


Apparently you're not paying much attention to the gear in the bazaar. Almost every piece of Celestian gear can be bought in the bazaar...including Legendary gear now. As for needing friends to get through certain parts of the game (to be honest, the only place like that for me has been the first boss in the Test of the Spheres dungeon), Wizard101 is an MMORPG, or Massive multi-player online role playing game. These games are designed to be multi-player, so saying that certain parts can't be soloed isn't a negative for this game. What would be a negative for the game is if this game were so easy that you never needed to team up with another wizard.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2010
2
I just want to say I have been playing online games a very long time, I have been through the grind, raided, grouped and such to get through the content of the games. I started playing because my family played and was sick of all the hoopla with trying to get the gear you need and people that you have to find to do things with, to get the better gear and see end game content. Even with everything you had to do in the others games to get by, you were still able to make it to the max level before having to find people to gear up or raid or do an instance.
When I started playing wizards i thought I was in heaven. I love video games and always will. I thought it was great, housing, gardening , pets, mounts. everything was alot of fun. I have a char I play with my family, and a char I play while they are at work and school. I managed to do eveything thing on my own which is what I want, emphasis on the "I". Like I said I have played alot of mmo`s , played with alot of different people, but I have had enough of that. That is why I came here, and have stayed. Loved everything about the game so far, my family helped me with malistare the other day so I could take my solo char to celestia and continue on to at least get the max level. What a let down that was. Died so many times in the first few days it`s ridiculous. Say what you want about deck, builds, play styles and such, I have tried it all, even trained pets till I got one with spritely to help with the healing.
I choose to solo, because I want to, just like people choose to find friends. I think the biggest point to make here is you cannot even get to the max level in this game unless you group. To me that is just insane, even with all the other games I have played, you are able to get max level without grouping. Facts are facts, basically you cannot get to 60 unless you get other people to help you, so for me now. I will only play the one char with my family, for that matter may as well cancel my subscription, only buy the areas with crowns and call it good, because I refuse to pay for a game that makes us group just to get to the max level.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
163
dzoo43 wrote:
I just want to say I have been playing online games a very long time, I have been through the grind, raided, grouped and such to get through the content of the games. I started playing because my family played and was sick of all the hoopla with trying to get the gear you need and people that you have to find to do things with, to get the better gear and see end game content. Even with everything you had to do in the others games to get by, you were still able to make it to the max level before having to find people to gear up or raid or do an instance.
When I started playing wizards i thought I was in heaven. I love video games and always will. I thought it was great, housing, gardening , pets, mounts. everything was alot of fun. I have a char I play with my family, and a char I play while they are at work and school. I managed to do eveything thing on my own which is what I want, emphasis on the "I". Like I said I have played alot of mmo`s , played with alot of different people, but I have had enough of that. That is why I came here, and have stayed. Loved everything about the game so far, my family helped me with malistare the other day so I could take my solo char to celestia and continue on to at least get the max level. What a let down that was. Died so many times in the first few days it`s ridiculous. Say what you want about deck, builds, play styles and such, I have tried it all, even trained pets till I got one with spritely to help with the healing.
I choose to solo, because I want to, just like people choose to find friends. I think the biggest point to make here is you cannot even get to the max level in this game unless you group. To me that is just insane, even with all the other games I have played, you are able to get max level without grouping. Facts are facts, basically you cannot get to 60 unless you get other people to help you, so for me now. I will only play the one char with my family, for that matter may as well cancel my subscription, only buy the areas with crowns and call it good, because I refuse to pay for a game that makes us group just to get to the max level.


That's funny, I've soloed every area of Celestia except for Test of the Spheres, and I was level 60 well before then. In fact, most of the times I've teamed up it's been to help other wizards or simply to farm for gear to sell and build up my gold. Not bragging, simply saying that you can work your way to level 60 without joining forces with other wizards. Having said that, this is a MMORPG. You should expect to team up with other wizards. No one is saying that you need to really make friends with them. If you're having trouble with a specific area or boss, just switch to a crowded realm and try to find someone in that area working on the same quest. Then, once you've done what you need to do, go on your merry way alone. Either way, Soloing Celestia is not impossible to do simply because you haven't mastered it yet. Either keep at it until you do so, or team up.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2010
46
stanklepoot wrote:
dzoo43 wrote:
I just want to say I have been playing online games a very long time, I have been through the grind, raided, grouped and such to get through the content of the games. I started playing because my family played and was sick of all the hoopla with trying to get the gear you need and people that you have to find to do things with, to get the better gear and see end game content. Even with everything you had to do in the others games to get by, you were still able to make it to the max level before having to find people to gear up or raid or do an instance.
When I started playing wizards i thought I was in heaven. I love video games and always will. I thought it was great, housing, gardening , pets, mounts. everything was alot of fun. I have a char I play with my family, and a char I play while they are at work and school. I managed to do eveything thing on my own which is what I want, emphasis on the "I". Like I said I have played alot of mmo`s , played with alot of different people, but I have had enough of that. That is why I came here, and have stayed. Loved everything about the game so far, my family helped me with malistare the other day so I could take my solo char to celestia and continue on to at least get the max level. What a let down that was. Died so many times in the first few days it`s ridiculous. Say what you want about deck, builds, play styles and such, I have tried it all, even trained pets till I got one with spritely to help with the healing.
I choose to solo, because I want to, just like people choose to find friends. I think the biggest point to make here is you cannot even get to the max level in this game unless you group. To me that is just insane, even with all the other games I have played, you are able to get max level without grouping. Facts are facts, basically you cannot get to 60 unless you get other people to help you, so for me now. I will only play the one char with my family, for that matter may as well cancel my subscription, only buy the areas with crowns and call it good, because I refuse to pay for a game that makes us group just to get to the max level.


That's funny, I've soloed every area of Celestia except for Test of the Spheres, and I was level 60 well before then. In fact, most of the times I've teamed up it's been to help other wizards or simply to farm for gear to sell and build up my gold. Not bragging, simply saying that you can work your way to level 60 without joining forces with other wizards. Having said that, this is a MMORPG. You should expect to team up with other wizards. No one is saying that you need to really make friends with them. If you're having trouble with a specific area or boss, just switch to a crowded realm and try to find someone in that area working on the same quest. Then, once you've done what you need to do, go on your merry way alone. Either way, Soloing Celestia is not impossible to do simply because you haven't mastered it yet. Either keep at it until you do so, or team up.


Ditto! I was floor by what I first encounter on CL, and I thought it was way out of Wrack! But now I've come to enjoy this game very Much. Nearly 90% of CL is Solo-able, but I choose to Team up, and I'm glad I did.

If you do not like fighting in Groups, then you need to go somewhere else. This is a Group Oriented Game! I like it just the way it is and cannot WAIT for the next World, [rumor has it to be out by the End of this Year or the First of next].

The Challenge is Great and yet with a Group Effort, you shall over come!

Cheers!
William ThunderSword

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
Ditto! I was floor by what I first encounter on CL, and I thought it was way out of Wrack! But now I've come to enjoy this game very Much. Nearly 90% of CL is Solo-able, but I choose to Team up, and I'm glad I did.

If you do not like fighting in Groups, then you need to go somewhere else. This is a Group Oriented Game! I like it just the way it is and cannot WAIT for the next World, [rumor has it to be out by the End of this Year or the First of next].

The Challenge is Great and yet with a Group Effort, you shall over come!

Cheers!
William ThunderSword


I agree with you, William.

A solo wizard has to be able to survive two rounds of double hits while the mobs run out of pips at the beginning of a battle. I usually spend those rounds shielding and setting up for a big hit or two. The spritely pet does help, if it is paying attention I generally keep a heal handy, just in case.

My first time through Celestia was a very difficult experience. I felt pretty bad about my wizarding skills and my wizard's abilities until the Floating Land. When I leveled up to 56, things got much better for my theurgist, and I enjoyed the second half of CL much better. I learned a great deal about how to heal in Celestia, let me tell you :D

At this point, with my second wizard, legendary pyromancer Scarlet, in Crustacean Empire, I really enjoy the challenge and satisfaction of taking down some tough mobs alone. I enjoy group play, sometimes, but I prefer to solo as much as possible. It's great fun to use old spells with newly gained POWER! I particularly love using meteor strike with damage and critical boost in my gear, and Sun School spells in my deck 8)

Celestia can be completed alone, but the aspiring legendary has to tackle a serious learning curve to master all of the challenges.

Best of luck in your travels!

Iridian and Scarlet

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
285
Superwiz1560 wrote:
I hate complaining, but Celestia is just too much.

I thought that Celestia would be a nice change in difficulty, as opposed to the cut-up Dragonspyre. I THOUGHT this.

But now, the difficulty is getting WAY out of hand.

Regular enemies can now gain Power Pips. I didn't have a problem with this at first, but I'm just in the beginning, and enemies are already gaining THREE Power Pips at a time at the start of the battle! That's not hard, that's literally IMPOSSIBLE to compete with!

And besides that, quests are suddenly next to indefinite! I thought getting three pieces of Algae from Waverunners would be a challenge, but I've been on the same quest for a whole week and I still only have ONE piece of algae.

Steroid enemies are one thing, but pairing that with impossible collection quests is too much.

And what's up with type matchups. Misemos, who is an Ice creature, isn't boosted by Fire spells? What's up with that?

I know that Celestia is supposed to be challenging, but this isn't working. I actually quit Wizard101 for a long interval in the middle of Dragonspyre because of it's difficulty before the update, and I'm sure a lot of people have been there. If something isn't done soon, history is going to repeat itself.

And before any smart-mouths go 'Well, Celestia isn't meant to be soloed.' or 'Of course it's hard! What'd you expect?!', keep in mind that I've tried this with friends, and the quests aren't any easier, and the enemies aren't any simpler to defeat.
your just gonna have to deal with it celestia is gonna have to make you think about your spells you gotta admit some friends make the game easier change your playing style i beat celestia with my storm wizard but there was no way i could do it by myself infact i'm gonna thank the 3 people who helped me through celestia actually most of them have helped me through the other worlds to scarlet helped me when i was still at jorneyman level in krokotopia lail help me in mooshu a lot and rebbeca helped me through marleybone so thank you to
Scarlet Frostblood
Lail Wyrmbloom
and Rebbeca Mistheart
and i'm sure i'll need help with my fire alt to [ Grrr can't get that drake egg in the secure house in the drake hatchery lol ]

Joseph Thunderblade Level 60 legendary storm diviner
Joseph Fireflame [ apparently the neighborhood pyromancer according to another thread ] level 46 [ so close to 47 ] master fire pyromancer
Joseph Legendblood Level 15 Journeyman Myth Conjurer

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
174
When my Balance wizard got to CL she had all kinds of friends that helped - some she even met doing the quests there.

Then I started my Death wizard, and discovered the wonders of solo gaming! With the exception of a few spots in DS, she soloed most of the game. Obviously, the school lends to being able to be more independant.

CL is still hard, but I can see where things have already changed and become less challenging compared to when my Balance first became legendary some months ago. I don't think they need to change it any more. I personally like to quest with friends - think it is more fun. But sometimes I will also go into a tower or dungeon with my port off just to try something solo - try different decks, try with or without a minion, etc.

If you really, really want to "solo," you can always get a henchman for those hard bosses/ dungeons...

Nora RavenSong - legendary Balance
Ellie NightWeaver - legendary Death
Lenora LionHeart - lvl 51 (?) Myth
Nora SeaStone - lvl 25 Storm
Ellie WinterBane - lvl 5 Ice

1