Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Schools of Magic - Star Magic

AuthorMessage
Star School (Auras)

The star school will be focused around a new type of magic called Auras. Auras are magical energy that surround and protect or strengthen the Wizard. Auras are unique and different from other magic in that they can't be stacked, broken, or dispelled but they will disappear over time. Auras can boost accuracy, damage, resistance, or even convert incoming spells to pips for you.

Auras are cast as normal spells and can only have a target of "Self". Auras have a timer on them that is counted in rounds. After this timer is complete the aura is removed. Auras cannot be stacked with other Auras and Casting a subsequent Aura spell will replace the previous one.

Effects of Auras
Auras have a few different special effect types that will be specific to them such as Stun Resistance, Pip Conversion, Accuracy Boost, Resistance Boost and Damage Boost.

Specific Auras
Aura of Fortification ( Blue ) - This grants the player 15% resistance to all attacks.
Aura of Amplification ( Red ) - The grants the player a 15% bonus to outgoing damage.
Aura of Precision ( Green ) - This grants the player a 10% bonus to accuracy.
Aura of Conviction ( Yellow ) - This grants the player 90% resistance to stuns and 20% block chance.
Aura of Empowerment ( Purple ) - This grants the player an extra pip every time a rank 4 or higher spell is used on him / her.
Aura of Vengeance ( Orange ) - This grants the player a 20% boost to their critical hit chance.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Community Leader
Star school, I can see myself using this much , Well already am. I use the Aura of Fortification & Aura of Amplification much but the one i like the most is being able to make my attacks either 2 or 1 pip less to cast :-).

Community Leader
I like Star a lot as well reducing damage intake is nice. couple it with reducing pip costs per turn with Sun magic and both combined win in my book :-)

Serving the community since 2010, we strive for excellence, bringing you the most accurate information on first generation pets! Visit The Petnome Project today!
Explorer
Dec 23, 2009
i love this new thing it is awesome and it is very helpful when you are in dire need of assistance. so that's what they are for! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

blaze life; level 50 (obvious) life school

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
i have noticed that the new tough cards don't seem to work on x pip cards, being that i am storm, that is no good

hinklecraigallen wrote:
i have noticed that the new tough cards don't seem to work on x pip cards, being that i am storm, that is no good

Those are Sun Magic, not Star Magic. Please see the notes on Sun Magic that indicate "Sun School cards cannot be used on Rank 0 spells or Rank X spells. "

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
i realize that those are sun school, i clicked on the wrong forum :-)

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
Seeing how we now have 3 new classes coming into play, are we going to be able to use those extra seats in the character selection area?

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
delgreenleaf wrote:
Seeing how we now have 3 new classes coming into play, are we going to be able to use those extra seats in the character selection area?
I have 2 questions are there're going to be more astral spells and are there're going to be attacks?

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
blizardb0y212 wrote:
delgreenleaf wrote:
I have 2 questions are there're going to be more astral spells and are there're going to be attacks?

Considering that Sun are Enchantment spells, Moon are Polymorph spells, and Stars are Auras, the only one that might be conceivably able to get an Attack would be an Aura, but since auras are only cast on self, that would be a No, there will most likely not be any attack spells in the Astral Schools. After all, the Celestians were a non-combative race. that's why they summoned the Storm Titan, but the Storm Titan sank them because they couldn't control it.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Johnist wrote:
blizardb0y212 wrote:
delgreenleaf wrote:

Considering that Sun are Enchantment spells, Moon are Polymorph spells, and Stars are Auras, the only one that might be conceivably able to get an Attack would be an Aura, but since auras are only cast on self, that would be a No, there will most likely not be any attack spells in the Astral Schools. After all, the Celestians were a non-combative race. that's why they summoned the Storm Titan, but the Storm Titan sank them because they couldn't control it.

I could see an Aura of Retaliation that splits damage, say 75%/25%, sending 25% back to the caster of the damage spell. It would 'attack back'...not really an attack but not too bad....

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
Johnist wrote:

I could see an Aura of Retaliation that splits damage, say 75%/25%, sending 25% back to the caster of the damage spell. It would 'attack back'...not really an attack but not too bad....

I still think Ice should get an Ice Mirror spell that reflects the next incoming damage spell back at the caster.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2009
delgreenleaf wrote:
Well, thats a great question! However that would be a good idea because most people make all of their wizards on their first day and then they are a level 50 or 60, and no person would want to delete that type of character!

Would They!?!? hahahaha

Steven Ghostglade
Level 48 Fire

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
Once again, you are stating that this spell is 20%, but in other communication, you have stated that Critical Boosts are not a percentage. Is the 20% boost, 20% to what you already have equipped?

Example, you have gear that gives you 100 Critical Damage, the use of Vengeance increases this to 120?

At the same time, what is the maximum Critical Damage Level you can achieve? This might help us comprehend this somewhat confusing addition.

An answer to this would be greatly appreciated before we all start flooding KI without understanding what we're using.

Prospector Zeke wrote:
Star School (Auras)

Aura of Vengeance ( Orange ) - This grants the player a 20% boost to their critical hit chance.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2009
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
Will there be star attacks?????????????????

MasonGoldenRider says "i think and hope there will be spell cards for moon what level are you and will you be my friend if yes lets meet in dragonspyre at 3 30 tommorow friday monday tuesday ect i am level 50
i hope there will be attacks

Survivor
Dec 11, 2009
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
Will there be star attacks?????????????????

MasonGoldenRider says "hopefully yes

Survivor
Nov 11, 2009
Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
cboga wrote:
Where are the new schools at ???

they are in Celestia. A dog gives a quest to use the trainers.The quest gives 200exp :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Ok while i was testing over in the test realm i think it was the star school that had spells that you could do to your cards to make the cost less. one was making it cost 1 pip less and the other was making it cost 2 pips less. were these taken out?? I loved those cards and was looking forward to them.

ellie

Survivor
May 18, 2010
i am lvl 60 legend and death and wondering were i can farm for lvl 60 stuff

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
Hello! Fellow wizards! Angel DeathGem Here. And i would like to talk about what school is the best in celestia? I like the star school of course. I also like to take the polymorphs of special Monsters. The sun school really dosent enterest me For some reason idk! So what is your opinion? Whats your favorite school? :-D

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
hinklecraigallen wrote:

Same with me I used a tough on my heckhound and the card either disappeard or doubled the damage. I like the double the damage one.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
Johnist wrote:
blizardb0y212 wrote:
delgreenleaf wrote:

Funny how they are a non-violent race yet there are tons of people they trying to hurt you using the astrial schools to do so.