Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lower Levels in CL

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 22, 2009
123
First off, yes, I am aware this is a repeated topic. Yes, I am aware that it will probably be blocked soon. But I still want to make my point. The other day I was in Stormriven, Celestia, on my level 53 Balance wizard. I had the quest to defeat the Death Rank 10 guys (forgot what they're called ). Shadow-web Mercinaries, I think.

Anyway, I'm looking for a spot where I can get in a battle with two of them, not one of them and one of the Ice Rank 10 Elite bug guys, and, lo and behold, I see a battle with two people in it facing 3 mercinaries. At first I think: Cool, I wonder if they'll let me join.

Then I notice the clothes they're wearing. Click their names in the text box, and what do I notice? They're levels 26 and 31, facing Rank 10 Death people, in Celestia! Now, don't get all unreasonable. I'm not prejudiced against low levels. Yes, I have allowed low levels to come with me on my Legendary Storm to farm a boss in Celestia. But, after we beat that boss, I took them back to worlds they had access to. I'm not against low levels, I'm against low levels teleporting to higher level friends and assuming that since they are in this world, they have access to it.

If you're saying "they're low levels, they just want to look around," then you may be right. I'm fine with them looking around, but when they get themselves into battles and expect us to help is where I draw the line. And I know for a fact there are some people who don't even want to try to play the game right, just world jump. Don't argue with me on that point because I know someone like that, namely, my brother.

Back on topic, if people could follow these steps please, I think we can do this.
1. Turn off teleports and turn them on when someone asks to port to you, if you want them to. (Yes, you can turn them on in a battle.)
2. I know this is something that world jumpers do because of my brother, marking locations. Teleport to a friend in Celestia, mark in Celestia, voila! You can port there whenever you want. So, KI, please do not allow marking locations in areas you haven't gained access to.

Alex Dragonbreaker Level 60 Storm
Jacob Stormhunter Level 53 Balance
Cameron Lifespear Level 28 Life

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
234
Let the newbies be in Celestia, they'll get pulled in a battle and die. If their in a battle with you, ignore them. Because you'll be hearing "I need healing"! a ton of times.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
381
im against your no marking suggestion. when i found avery, i found him very useful and i marked on his spot incase i got a higher crafting level (where do i find the crimson bookcase?). lower levels can be anywhere they want if the port, as long as you dont stand in their way. remember, you were a novice before

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
514
Stop posting these topics please. It's not gonna change considering all the other hundreds of people that have posted this.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1528
milo10000 wrote:
First off, yes, I am aware this is a repeated topic. Yes, I am aware that it will probably be blocked soon. But I still want to make my point. The other day I was in Stormriven, Celestia, on my level 53 Balance wizard. I had the quest to defeat the Death Rank 10 guys (forgot what they're called ). Shadow-web Mercinaries, I think.

Anyway, I'm looking for a spot where I can get in a battle with two of them, not one of them and one of the Ice Rank 10 Elite bug guys, and, lo and behold, I see a battle with two people in it facing 3 mercinaries. At first I think: Cool, I wonder if they'll let me join.

Then I notice the clothes they're wearing. Click their names in the text box, and what do I notice? They're levels 26 and 31, facing Rank 10 Death people, in Celestia! Now, don't get all unreasonable. I'm not prejudiced against low levels. Yes, I have allowed low levels to come with me on my Legendary Storm to farm a boss in Celestia. But, after we beat that boss, I took them back to worlds they had access to. I'm not against low levels, I'm against low levels teleporting to higher level friends and assuming that since they are in this world, they have access to it.

If you're saying "they're low levels, they just want to look around," then you may be right. I'm fine with them looking around, but when they get themselves into battles and expect us to help is where I draw the line. And I know for a fact there are some people who don't even want to try to play the game right, just world jump. Don't argue with me on that point because I know someone like that, namely, my brother.

Back on topic, if people could follow these steps please, I think we can do this.
1. Turn off teleports and turn them on when someone asks to port to you, if you want them to. (Yes, you can turn them on in a battle.)
2. I know this is something that world jumpers do because of my brother, marking locations. Teleport to a friend in Celestia, mark in Celestia, voila! You can port there whenever you want. So, KI, please do not allow marking locations in areas you haven't gained access to.

Alex Dragonbreaker Level 60 Storm
Jacob Stormhunter Level 53 Balance
Cameron Lifespear Level 28 Life


If they aren't joining your battle, leave them alone. If they join your battle without your permission, FLEE if your are not near completion.

As for No Marking. I disagree. I have used this for doing higher crafting levels and for farming reagents. But I also use my own Legendaries to get to those places, not someone else's wizards. (2 accounts) When I put a lower level wizard in a place like CL, I do not do it to join a battle and will not join some one's battle. If my wizard is accidentally pulled into a battle, I will stay and try to finish it and will heal myself, but I will at least try to remove the monster I brought into the fight before my wizard dies.

I do not put my low level wizards in an area that has tight quarters that makes it hard to farm without getting pulled into battle. If I am asked to join a battle, I make sure the other player is aware that my wizard is LOW LEVEL.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
261
SantaIceBurg wrote:
Let the newbies be in Celestia, they'll get pulled in a battle and die. If their in a battle with you, ignore them. Because you'll be hearing "I need healing"! a ton of times.

Yea, but mostly I just want to know why they will want to fight rank 10 monsters at this kind of level. I was once fighting Malistaire and a low level (11, fire) ported to me without warning. I guess he was trying to get the "Savior of the Spiral" badge and show it off. I tried to battle with him along, but it was an agony. I used Feint, and the low level kept wasting it with 0-pip wand spells or Fire Elfs that cheaply consume the valuable trap on the first strike but has no overall effect on the DoT. So I ended up pressing the "Flee" button to leave the low level alone to die because he was wasting the precious Feint and leaving me with a perilous side effect: +30% to Incoming damage to self. I just hope he learnt his lesson when he died in the hands of Malistaire.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1528
Fin3cy6 wrote:
SantaIceBurg wrote:
Let the newbies be in Celestia, they'll get pulled in a battle and die. If their in a battle with you, ignore them. Because you'll be hearing "I need healing"! a ton of times.

Yea, but mostly I just want to know why they will want to fight rank 10 monsters at this kind of level. I was once fighting Malistaire and a low level (11, fire) ported to me without warning. I guess he was trying to get the "Savior of the Spiral" badge and show it off. I tried to battle with him along, but it was an agony. I used Feint, and the low level kept wasting it with 0-pip wand spells or Fire Elfs that cheaply consume the valuable trap on the first strike but has no overall effect on the DoT. So I ended up pressing the "Flee" button to leave the low level alone to die because he was wasting the precious Feint and leaving me with a perilous side effect: +30% to Incoming damage to self. I just hope he learnt his lesson when he died in the hands of Malistaire.


I hope you were just fighting Malistaire for additional drops and not the actual quest. I know it is frustrating but the only other thing you can do is turn of your friend port option. You can still turn this back on during battle if you need to and want a specific friend to port to you. When the lower level friends learn that you are going to just leave them there to fight a big boss alone, they might get the idea to stay out of your battles unless asked to join. Good luck

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
115
hunteray09 wrote:
Stop posting these topics please. It's not gonna change considering all the other hundreds of people that have posted this.
just ignore them. they can keep on posting this if they want.

now to the noob (i only type it that way to save time) thing. here's why i get frustrated with with the noobs in celestia:

Us legendaries have worked very hard to get to celestia. But the noobs always get free labor from us! they always add a legendary, then when the legendaries are somewhere in celestia, the noob ports without asking.

now, i knowyou guys will say don't add them then, i only add them because some are funny.

-Blaze Duskstone legendary conjurer

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1528
All the complaining is not going to stop lower level players from being in any given area.

You have to remember that CROWNS players can buy any area. The only thing they can't do that I am aware of,(I may be wrong about this) is pick up the quests for that area. But they can fight anything that does not require them to have a quest for it.

I have a few legendaries myself and I have had the same things happen to me that is happening to many of you. The worst part of the problem is when they join your battle, get another enemy drawn in then flee. This same thing just happened to me yesterday.

But, if the lower level player(s) is not joining your battle, don't worry about it. You are not going to be able to stop them from going where they want to go and KI is not going to limit their crowns players from being in an area they have paid for.