Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Looking for general advice

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2020
Hi fellow wizards,
I'm very new to this game and I've hit a wall with my level 54 storm wizard. I'm in Celestia (and Wintertusk), and I'm finding it to be pretty difficult. It feels like Dragonspyre to Celestia was a much greater jump in difficulty than Mooshu to Dragonspyre, both of which I soloed easily. I was just wondering if anyone has any general advice, maybe about what stats to emphasize, gear (I'm still working on the Dragonspyre crafting quest so I can make the Wintertusk gear later), PvE strategies, good spells to use my training points on, or anything at all you think might be useful to know. Any advice is much appreciated!
Thank you!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome to the Forums!

You have come to the ideal place if you're looking for assistance.

Now, about your concern, as a , the game can get quite difficult at lower stages.

You are correct about a few things. The difficulty of Dragonspyre and Celestia is of course quite a jump (it was increasingly worse back when the world was just released in 2010).

Hence, here's what I recommend going forward;

Gear - Continue on working towards crafting. The Wintertusk gear is excellent and will prove quite useful, at least until you gain to level 60 where you can farm for either Waterworks Gear or Zig-Zag Gear. (If you need help, feel free to post).

Quest - I recommend questing in Wintertusk. You'll gain a vast majority of experience, spells too (if you do side quests) that can better prepare you for Celestia.

Training Points - I highly recommend using your training points in the following ways in PvE;

• Train up to Feint (This spell is excellent and will prove handy for bosses, especially in latter worlds).
  • Train - From this school, learn only the damage enchanting spells (tough, strong, monstrous etc.)
  • Train - From this school, learn spells such as Fortify, Infalliable [to help with accuracy in the interim] and Amplify. (Not Vengance).

Small Deck - The key to questing is having a small deck, not one where you fill every slot. As a storm, you aim to finish battles quickly before you are defeated yourself.

Strategy - In your deck, you should have only these few spells for battles; few stormblades, a feint or two, elemental blade, few tempest and storm lord also coupled with your damage enchanting spells. You may need infalliable incase your accuracy is low.

Treasure Cards - Have TC storm blades, elemental blades and possibly a satyr or two (incase you may need to heal) in your side deck.

Facing Bosses - When facing bosses, it would be wise to have spells such as fortify used within the first couple rounds of battle. Feint is also useful and have a kraken and storm shark within your deck as well as these spells enchanted can do heavy damage with limited pips.
TC Tower Shield may also come in handy.

Pets - I also highly recommend you begin training and hatching a pet with excellent talents and traits. In your case, I recommend utilizing a pet with defenses and offensive talents such as spell proof, storm dealer. Look at the Hatchmaking Kiosk in the Pet Pavilion for suitable candidates.

Conclusion;

Storm gets extremely powerful within the latter stages of the game. You will be tapping into some of the power possibly at level 60 with excellent gear and pet, but its true potential will be showcased later.

There is a reason why this school is still the most popular school within the spiral (conduct a survey on your own, you'll see). Everyone has a storm. So, remain persistent, things get easier and trickier.

Good Luck!

Administrator
Star Edward on Aug 6, 2020 wrote:
Welcome to the Forums!

You have come to the ideal place if you're looking for assistance.

Now, about your concern, as a , the game can get quite difficult at lower stages.

You are correct about a few things. The difficulty of Dragonspyre and Celestia is of course quite a jump (it was increasingly worse back when the world was just released in 2010).

Hence, here's what I recommend going forward;

Gear - Continue on working towards crafting. The Wintertusk gear is excellent and will prove quite useful, at least until you gain to level 60 where you can farm for either Waterworks Gear or Zig-Zag Gear. (If you need help, feel free to post).

Quest - I recommend questing in Wintertusk. You'll gain a vast majority of experience, spells too (if you do side quests) that can better prepare you for Celestia.

Training Points - I highly recommend using your training points in the following ways in PvE;

• Train up to Feint (This spell is excellent and will prove handy for bosses, especially in latter worlds).
  • Train - From this school, learn only the damage enchanting spells (tough, strong, monstrous etc.)
  • Train - From this school, learn spells such as Fortify, Infalliable [to help with accuracy in the interim] and Amplify. (Not Vengance).

Small Deck - The key to questing is having a small deck, not one where you fill every slot. As a storm, you aim to finish battles quickly before you are defeated yourself.

Strategy - In your deck, you should have only these few spells for battles; few stormblades, a feint or two, elemental blade, few tempest and storm lord also coupled with your damage enchanting spells. You may need infalliable incase your accuracy is low.

Treasure Cards - Have TC storm blades, elemental blades and possibly a satyr or two (incase you may need to heal) in your side deck.

Facing Bosses - When facing bosses, it would be wise to have spells such as fortify used within the first couple rounds of battle. Feint is also useful and have a kraken and storm shark within your deck as well as these spells enchanted can do heavy damage with limited pips.
TC Tower Shield may also come in handy.

Pets - I also highly recommend you begin training and hatching a pet with excellent talents and traits. In your case, I recommend utilizing a pet with defenses and offensive talents such as spell proof, storm dealer. Look at the Hatchmaking Kiosk in the Pet Pavilion for suitable candidates.

Conclusion;

Storm gets extremely powerful within the latter stages of the game. You will be tapping into some of the power possibly at level 60 with excellent gear and pet, but its true potential will be showcased later.

There is a reason why this school is still the most popular school within the spiral (conduct a survey on your own, you'll see). Everyone has a storm. So, remain persistent, things get easier and trickier.

Good Luck!

Thanks Star Edward for helping out here!