Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is this an exploit?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 13, 2009
I have read both sides of the issue regarding lower leveled wizards porting into higher worlds. It seems that if everyone with a sub has the right to go anywhere, why are not all the worlds available to everyone in the world door? I may be wrong, but it seems that by going to a world that you don't have access to is bypassing the "rules of play" that KI has put in place.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
I no. look what the sub means is that you can go to any world you want. but you also have to play by the rules.

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
Well the only bad thing about your arguement is the fact that KI will most likely NEVER see it that way. There have been many post and a feedback friday) about lower lvl wizards ruining the game for those of us that have earned the right to be there, we have even lost the right to buy polymorphs because of them mis-using them in the arena and KI has still done NOTHING to stop them from porting to areas they have not earned the right to be in.

To me it seems that KI cares more about the lower lvl wizards than those of us who have earned our way to the higher lvl areas.

When one of these wizards joins my battle i will let their creature join and i will usually flee, they think they are good enough to join our battles then lets see how they do alone then.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
boominn wrote:
Well the only bad thing about your arguement is the fact that KI will most likely NEVER see it that way. There have been many post and a feedback friday) about lower lvl wizards ruining the game for those of us that have earned the right to be there, we have even lost the right to buy polymorphs because of them mis-using them in the arena and KI has still done NOTHING to stop them from porting to areas they have not earned the right to be in.

To me it seems that KI cares more about the lower lvl wizards than those of us who have earned our way to the higher lvl areas.

When one of these wizards joins my battle i will let their creature join and i will usually flee, they think they are good enough to join our battles then lets see how they do alone then.

I 100% agree! :-)

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
yellowmac50000 wrote:
boominn wrote:

I 100% agree! :-)

The Astral Archivist has reacquired his Stock in Test Realm, and each of the Polymorphs is Level Required, No Trade, No Auction. Polymorph TCs will no longer drop as well.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I understand your frustration about UNWANTED lower levels, but that is the problem. There are some battles that you need assistances with and you may only have lower level friends available to help you and then there are those with multiple accounts. These people bring their lowers to help them as well.

I don't like it either that lower levels can port to you without asking permission first and the only solution that we have is to keep our ports off, which I don't think is fair to us. Since I have been in CL, my myth has had a difficult time soloing, I often bring my lower life myth or ask friends to help. They come in help me and leave. Unfortunately, not all people are considerate and force themselves into others fights.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
One reason they might want to continue allowing people to port wherever they want is too encourage people to continue their subscription. If someone was currently in Krokotopia for their levels and didn't like it that much, they might get bored and quit. However, if that same person ported to a friend in one of the other realms and got really excited about it, that would keep them excited enough to keep their subscription.

I think they should do what they did with Grizzleheim and have a preview area or just limit them to the main area of each realm (with the world gate).

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
let them run around the world but make it
so they can not join in battles
or buy stuff till they earn the key.

that way they can see what is e=in store but can not mess up any well layed out strategies in battle or get stuff that is too high and cant use it.

there should also be a bazaar every five levels so higher stuff does not end up in a lower levels.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2008
I see the problem in the lower level wizards porting into the higher worlds. Here is the real problem that has now become so out of control. Why be a low level wizard at all. I have wizards on my list that havent even finished krok that are already level 50-60. Just make some high level friends and port to cl and say hey lets to do the solar district over and over and over. They can now become legendary wizards and dont even have to quest to get there.

Now being with the game since beta test I find it very aggrivating that to get to legendary level 60 I had to quest to get there now it just seems you have to get a bunch of people on your list dont quest at all and just keep porting to anyone that is cl to level that little wizard up.

They like to call it leveling up so game is easier for them. I would like to call it cheating.