Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I desperately need help.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2014
I'm a mom who started playing this game for/with my teen daughters. They've since started the new school year and rarely play any more. The few friends I had on my list were friends of theirs, who have also restarted school and don't seem to be around much. I have continued to play, solo, up to level 65. And for the past six weeks or so, I am stuck.

I have quests that I can't complete on my own. I guess I should probably be able to, considering I'm a death wizard, and I'm a bit embarrassed to admit this. But I have tried. I need to beat Frostbranch in Austriland; I need to do the Golden Seals quest in Nastrond; I need to do the Spiral Keys quest in Regent's Square; I need to finish a couple quests in Celestia so I can get to Zafaria; and I need to do Waterworks so I can get better gear (and maybe I could finish the aforementioned quests on my own).

I am really frustrated and I'm on the verge of quitting/canceling my subscription. I don't know how people do this on their own. There's only so much fishing and crafting I can do a day... it's boring to not be able to complete my quests.

Is there anyone out there who would like to have a dedicated playing buddy for completing quests? or anyone who's finished the game and wouldn't mind helping me get through these quests?

(And no, I won't pay for your subscriptions, or buy you mounts or crowns. Which is what I typically get asked for when I try to get help in the Commons area. So I'm posting here, hoping.)

Anyone?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
AngelaWinterHeart8... on Oct 4, 2014 wrote:
I'm a mom who started playing this game for/with my teen daughters. They've since started the new school year and rarely play any more. The few friends I had on my list were friends of theirs, who have also restarted school and don't seem to be around much. I have continued to play, solo, up to level 65. And for the past six weeks or so, I am stuck.

I have quests that I can't complete on my own. I guess I should probably be able to, considering I'm a death wizard, and I'm a bit embarrassed to admit this. But I have tried. I need to beat Frostbranch in Austriland; I need to do the Golden Seals quest in Nastrond; I need to do the Spiral Keys quest in Regent's Square; I need to finish a couple quests in Celestia so I can get to Zafaria; and I need to do Waterworks so I can get better gear (and maybe I could finish the aforementioned quests on my own).

I am really frustrated and I'm on the verge of quitting/canceling my subscription. I don't know how people do this on their own. There's only so much fishing and crafting I can do a day... it's boring to not be able to complete my quests.

Is there anyone out there who would like to have a dedicated playing buddy for completing quests? or anyone who's finished the game and wouldn't mind helping me get through these quests?

(And no, I won't pay for your subscriptions, or buy you mounts or crowns. Which is what I typically get asked for when I try to get help in the Commons area. So I'm posting here, hoping.)

Anyone?
You are at levels of game play where solo isn't fashionable any more. Even if you can solo an event, like, trial of the spheres the time it takes to is not appealing to me so I usually seek help for that kind of stuff.

Gear - is a major pain, after the lvl 58 Bazaar/dropped set - have you done the craft quests though the Seal of the Seven Seas? Wintertusk has a gear recipe vendor you can craft, almost like, WW gear that our death wizards use quite effectively for many levels to come.

Finally what is your time zone, that will help find some one here since they may be playing around the time you do. If your hours fall around mine I have no problem helping with things.

Keep in mind the end of Wintertusk, Marleybone Warehouse, Briskbreeze, Helephant tower etc are all optional quests which I do not take but they won't stop you from progressing in the main story line.

Mary

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
Hello Angela,

I am an adult player who primarily plays solo as well, so I understand you reaching out for a friend to assist you with progression. I have several wizards ranging from level 22 up to 100, so I am all over the place as far as progression in-game.

My Main wizard is Gabriel--Exalted , and I play on the Lincoln Realm for its low population and less lag during gameplay.

While I have 4 wizards over level 70, none of them have entered WW yet, so it would be fun to attempt it with others who are patient and willing to attempt more than once should we not get through the first time.

We will need to select a time/place to introduce ourselves in game. I am a stay at home parent, so my play times vary, but I can usually devote several hours if necessary either day, or night times.

I look forward to your response Angela,

Gabriel

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
AngelaWinterHeart8... on Oct 4, 2014 wrote:

Anyone?
Press the "team up" button. The team up button is your friend. I just did water works for the first time today, and by pressing that button, I got waterworks done in just one hour and thirty minutes with only two other wizards. (I barely got any gear, just an ice mastery amulet.)
I can help you with Frostbranch in austriland. I almost beat him with my level 61 balance, so I think the both of us together have a chance. My name is Myrna Dragoncloud level 61 balance, and I don't have text chat, so if you see me, say "Have you seen any acorns?" And then that will be my key that it is indeed you. I don't require any subscriptions mounts or crowns by the way, because defeating frostbranch will help me out also.
So let me know if you wanna do frostbranch together or maybe more of Austriland.
Myrna Dragoncloud, Legendary

Survivor
Mar 02, 2012
I also need help with those quests :P I am a level 65 that is questing in celestia currently. I honestly dont really have any good gear due to the lack of crowns I have but, I still believe that I can be of some use to you. I have open chat also :) I am on est.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Hello Angela,

I can help. I'm on EST too; and I can be found online most night 8 pm - Midnight.

I have multiple wizards, but mostly play my level 100 storm wizard.

Pick a day, 2-3 days from now; and I will help.

See you in the game; and just remember - you will get through your current quests and move on to bigger and better ones,

Tyler

Survivor
Jul 19, 2014
Thank you so much for all of your replies! I'm relieved to know I'm not alone and not doing anything horribly wrong.

I am in Eastern Time zone. Lately, because of frustration of not being able to complete quests, I've been fishing most of the time, desperately trying to catch the last Halloween fish (the elusive Devil Ray/Vampire Squid, whichever it's called). I am most always by the big pond on Cyclops, close to the wall/water grates. My character wears red/black with a hood and she rides the black stallion, pet is a (mega) leopard. My character name is Angela WinterHeart. I have open chat as well. I play at all hours of the day/night, just depending on my day and whether my body decides to sleep or not at night.

From now on, I will be in the Lincoln realm, so as to hopefully bump into Gabriel who posted above. (I will be looking for you, Gabriel!)

Myrna, I did not know about this "team up" button. At least, I didn't know it would team you with people you don't know. For some reason, I guess I thought this button was for when you were playing with a group. I'll have to look for that button and thank you! for telling me about it.

I am willing to play and attempt these quests with anyone, I don't care what level or what gear anyone has. I just like to have fun. If we fail the first time, oh well. We reload and go back in and try again. :) One of my biggest frustrations is attempting to do a battle and having someone yell at me because I don't play the way they'd like and they ditch me mid-battle, which just happened after I made this original post. We were a good 30 minutes into and he just left. If someone talks to me and works out a plan, that's great. I don't have to be the "hero" of the battle. I'm more interested in having fun.

Again, thank you, and please, ANY of you, find me when you have time and we'll work together on these quests!

Survivor
Jul 19, 2014
I will be playing for a few hours this morning, it is now 9am, though I am not sure when my posts will be approved and actually get posted. I will try to be online at 3pm, and again at 8pm (eastern time) to try to meet up with anyone who may want to. I will be at Cyclops Lane water pond. (I will try my best to repeat these times over the next few days, as well, to meet people.) If anyone wishes to meet up at a different time, please let me know and I will do my best. Thanks!

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Angela,

I'll search the Lincoln realm in Cyclops Lane near the water pond. I'll attempt to be there at 8 pm on most night. Here's to you having a great adventure, and as suggested, use team up sigil when at mission and dungeon doors.

Tyler

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Angela,

Have you found someone to team with; or tried the team-up sigil in crowded realms yet?

Our Wizard 101 Community is really good. When I started playing, lots of great players came to my aid.

If you still need or want folks to team up with, let me know, and after I log on, I'll continue to pass through Cyclops Lane near the water pond in the Lincoln Realm.

Tyler