Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

efreet quest question

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 30, 2009
ok i am not one to complain but how in the name of god am i supposed to beat an ice who health in a little over 15,000 and a minion who health is almost 2,000 i think this is a little unfair cause i lvl up today to get the spell and i tried like 5 times to get spell but i only get the boss like half way dead with my fire minion and i was just wondering if any fire people have beaten this with out using fire henchmen or other school henchmen because i cant so i am going to by a little bit of crowns just to get henchmen to do this quest unless either KI or some one can give me advise on how to build my deck or if i am doing some thing wrong it would be a lot of help thnx

Jack Dragonbreath lvl58 pyromancer

Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
do you even know what an Efreet is? Well for one thing it's really spelled Efrit (I'm being serious! KI spelled it wrong) and also doesn't the body of Efreet look like something I've seen before? oh yeah! really he's from a game on the Wii but just red in W101 (ok I've seen the spell and sorry KI but really Efreet looks A LOT like a guy from Sonic and the Secret Rings) here's my point, Efreet is from Sonic and The Secret Rings. Also the body is the exact same as the main foe in the game plus same sword with the same double V slash!
P.S The only difference if that W101's in red and is spelled wrong! it's Efrit not Efreet! :x something fishy is going on, (no I do not mean Celestia since it's mainly underwater) and I know what!

pacman00456 wrote:
do you even know what an Efreet is? Well for one thing it's really spelled Efrit (I'm being serious! KI spelled it wrong) and also doesn't the body of Efreet look like something I've seen before? oh yeah! really he's from a game on the Wii but just red in W101 (ok I've seen the spell and sorry KI but really Efreet looks A LOT like a guy from Sonic and the Secret Rings) here's my point, Efreet is from Sonic and The Secret Rings. Also the body is the exact same as the main foe in the game plus same sword with the same double V slash!
P.S The only difference if that W101's in red and is spelled wrong! it's Efrit not Efreet! :x something fishy is going on, (no I do not mean Celestia since it's mainly underwater) and I know what!

Many words have different spellings and there are different regional variations on words.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Efreet

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Defender
Jul 21, 2009
This battle is harder then all the other battles in the game, espically for fire people. There are many things you have to do to complete the battle.
I'll list it one step at a time.

1. Buy TONS of ice shield treasure cards. Also put in any other shields that shield ice spells. The ice, storm shield is the best choise but have as many as you can.

2. Have a lot of critical. If you can, craft the robes that give you high critical for life and fire. You have to be a grandmaster crafter though so instead, you can buy a good critical hat, equip your wand from the side quest in Stormriven hall, and buy good critical robes too.

3. Have as many healing cards as you can. You should be part life so you should have satyr. If you don't, put in some healing treasure cards. Buy and equip the amulet you can buy from the Celestia base camp that gives one Regenerate card.

4. Set up your deck just right. I would put in some blades, but no traps. Put in seven fire elemental cards (or as many as your deck allows) and summon him as soon as he comes up. Don't put in AOE spells (area of effect=hit all enemies) because you can kill them one at a time. Buy one or two reshuffle cards because you may run out of cards, just as a precaution.

5. Kill the storm minion first. He will deal the most damage faster and has less health. Kill him FAST.

6. Buy henchmen if you can. Buy the fire one because he will boost to the boss. (This step is optional and is not needed to complete the battle)

7. Take your time and take NO chances. The boss will not attack the minion (except for blizard) so only keep one extra up at any time. Just use an imolate every now and then, and if you get critical, it should do about two thousand damage. Make sure not to discard like crazy either. Then you might run out of cards.

If you keep trying, you should eventually win. (This spell is extreamly useful and is not meant to be easy to get). I can not say this is the only way to win, but is one of the easiest ways.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
pacman00456 wrote:

KI spelled it correctly. There are other spellings as well, i.e Ifrit, afreet, ifreet. It is a mythical creature in Arabic cultures. We call it a jinnie.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
Honestly, when I went in and saw the opponents I had to battle, I just immediately purchased a life henchman and a balance henchman (balance because they give you a lot of boosts for damage and put a lot of wards on enemies).

If using crowns is an issue, you could try buying treasure cards to summon minions from other schools, such as the fairy to heal and the minotaur for damage. The morph spells might also be very beneficial (not sure, I've not used them that much).

Using the two henchman it was relatively easy. I let them draw all the fire until I had all of my blades, traps and such equipped. I threw a feint on when they were out of pips and let it rip. Wasn't overly difficult doing it that way.

Survivor
May 12, 2010
Zeon96 is absolutely right.I tried 5-6 times with Hunchman .No luck,Ithink it is really hard.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2009
I had a hard time getting my level 58 spell, Ra too.
I had to go to the floating land and defeat a fire boss that would place a hex on me every i used a shield or a blade.
He had around 8,000 health and a fire minion i think?

He would hit me with a critical helephant at the start of the battle, and would firezilla me every other 2 or 3 turns.
Like an above poster said, i recommend getting tons of ice shields from the bazaar. Make sure you take out the minion first THEN, throw up the ice shields nonstop.

Community Leader
Here is what I did.
Pack your minion he will help here. I also used one life henchman but I am sure you can do without. no blades ,traps or shields can be used. Just keep pounding him and calling your minion. This can be done with one battle.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
I just drank a damage potion a fire potion and a major battle elixer and used a dragon to kill the one guy satyred and did 2 helphants and it was over.

Survivor
May 07, 2010
This boss is Ice, has over 15,000 health and cheats. He also has a Storm minion.

Do NOT use blades, shields or wards... he will immediately be given a free turn to put up his own blade, shield or ward. He will also critical block every critical attack you manage to hit off. This boss will not react to heals or low pip spells. As for buffs, use your Star, Sun or Moon magic. He will not be given a free turn if you use those spells.

If you don't have friends available at the time of the quest, use your minion. If you have crowns get a Life Henchman and a Myth Henchman. If you have extra crowns, get an Ice Henchman.

After that it is just a matter of whittling down his health.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
I beat them with my fire wizard. It was REALLY hard. I used my fire minion lol. It took me many tries but I finally did it.