Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

death school victimized

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
35
hi
i just got my death wiz to cl and i did what i normally do, which is i mix star and sun spells together, and what do i find i am not allowed to use star spells on writh, or crow spell, which are deaths best spells, the death school has been singled out. all we can use star spells on is pirate and banchee this is not really good enough. and why we been singled out from any other school, because we gain health from our hits, and that is the only reason. but the wraith and crow spell is what defines the death school and that is been held against us, why ceate star spells if all schools are not allowed to use them to their best advantage, its ok for pets to heal contuinuesly while you fight. i dont have a healing pet, i get my heals from my hits. its KI that made the death school that way. so why why why why have we been victimized.

mycin owlfist

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
589
cakekitchen wrote:
hi
i just got my death wiz to cl and i did what i normally do, which is i mix star and sun spells together, and what do i find i am not allowed to use star spells on writh, or crow spell, which are deaths best spells, the death school has been singled out. all we can use star spells on is pirate and banchee this is not really good enough. and why we been singled out from any other school, because we gain health from our hits, and that is the only reason. but the wraith and crow spell is what defines the death school and that is been held against us, why ceate star spells if all schools are not allowed to use them to their best advantage, its ok for pets to heal contuinuesly while you fight. i dont have a healing pet, i get my heals from my hits. its KI that made the death school that way. so why why why why have we been victimized.

mycin owlfist


cuz they heal you, it wouldnt be fair for other schools that death would get even more self healing

Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
35
hi
regarding to my previous post i think i made an error i think i got my star and sun spells the wrong way round sry about this my bad. what i was trying to get at was the strong type spells that death school cannot use with the wraith and crow cards.

mycin owlfist


Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
cakekitchen wrote:
hi
i just got my death wiz to cl and i did what i normally do, which is i mix star and sun spells together, and what do i find i am not allowed to use star spells on writh, or crow spell, which are deaths best spells, the death school has been singled out. all we can use star spells on is pirate and banchee this is not really good enough. and why we been singled out from any other school, because we gain health from our hits, and that is the only reason. but the wraith and crow spell is what defines the death school and that is been held against us, why ceate star spells if all schools are not allowed to use them to their best advantage, its ok for pets to heal contuinuesly while you fight. i dont have a healing pet, i get my heals from my hits. its KI that made the death school that way. so why why why why have we been victimized.

mycin owlfist


cuz they heal you, it wouldnt be fair for other schools that death would get even more self healing


So, it is ok for fire to get Efreet and use Gargantuan, or Dragon, that is a DoT, or Storm Lord, or Frost Giant, or Judgment, or Tempest, or Ra (Power Nova got raw end of deal here too) but not ok for vampire, wraith, or crow? Pay attention here son, but not sure if you realize this, but death already suffers for 1/2 to healing, by the damage inflicted! Scarecrow does 400 damage to all and is a rank 7 spell!

Now, again, you can argue that Ice has frost giant that only does 475, but ice gets the most health, and resist to all schools! Also, you can use gargantuan on any of Ice's spells!

So, don't say it would be unfair! Because if you read the lengthy Wild Bolt Post, the fire teacher even said they were going to look into this!

Explorer
May 15, 2009
55
darthjt wrote:
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
cakekitchen wrote:
hi
i just got my death wiz to cl and i did what i normally do, which is i mix star and sun spells together, and what do i find i am not allowed to use star spells on writh, or crow spell, which are deaths best spells, the death school has been singled out. all we can use star spells on is pirate and banchee this is not really good enough. and why we been singled out from any other school, because we gain health from our hits, and that is the only reason. but the wraith and crow spell is what defines the death school and that is been held against us, why ceate star spells if all schools are not allowed to use them to their best advantage, its ok for pets to heal contuinuesly while you fight. i dont have a healing pet, i get my heals from my hits. its KI that made the death school that way. so why why why why have we been victimized.

mycin owlfist


cuz they heal you, it wouldnt be fair for other schools that death would get even more self healing


So, it is ok for fire to get Efreet and use Gargantuan, or Dragon, that is a DoT, or Storm Lord, or Frost Giant, or Judgment, or Tempest, or Ra (Power Nova got raw end of deal here too) but not ok for vampire, wraith, or crow? Pay attention here son, but not sure if you realize this, but death already suffers for 1/2 to healing, by the damage inflicted! Scarecrow does 400 damage to all and is a rank 7 spell!

Now, again, you can argue that Ice has frost giant that only does 475, but ice gets the most health, and resist to all schools! Also, you can use gargantuan on any of Ice's spells!

So, don't say it would be unfair! Because if you read the lengthy Wild Bolt Post, the fire teacher even said they were going to look into this!


I'm death, and I've come into the same situation. The problem isn't with KI, It's with you. Give this a thought:

- Health stealing spells are how we death wizards heal, but that doesn't mean it's the only way we deal damage. Death wizards aren't limited to just health steals, and if you want to use 'Gargantuan'. Then you best add a couple Poisons or Pirates in your deck, because health steal spells are no different than regular healing spells. Other than the fact that they deal large damage simultaneously.

- That's why our attacks are lower. We can enchant a Pirate, Buff a Pirate, Attack with the Pirate, Buff a Wraith, Attack with the wraith, and heal at the same time.

- When you add up the damage dealt by both the Pirate, and the wraith. In comparison to the buffed Phoenix, and whatever health spell was used from another school, the death wizard comes out on top.

If there is anything that could be addressed, it's the match making system in PvP. When I was level 45, I was facing level 60 wizards. Now I could care less about the strategy a person uses to fight with, but I do care if the person I'm fighting against is a higher level than me.

A fine example when I was killed by an Orthrus which dealt a critical hit. That means my tower shields were useless, because the buffed attack was just to powerful, and my level 45 wizard couldn't use the new 'block' gear yet.

Again, I have no complaints about game play. If I could have used a buffed Orthrus, and dealt a critical hit, I would have. I just wasn't match up with a proper opponent.

Back on topic - Again, You should start thinking of those health steals as heals, and not just attacks. You've got other cards in your arsenal just like every other school does. They may not be the strongest, but coupling an attack with a health steal can really add up.

If any death spell should be added, it should be a new AoE death spell that deals good damage. As of now, Our AoE can't be enchanted, and that's my only issue with the death school right now (I'd rather scarecrow do more damage without the health steal). It's really the only unbalanced piece to the death schools equation right now - just my opinion.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
14
I am also death, being a death is not that hard, here is a one tip if you are using scarecrow... always cast death blade or spirit blade then attack with scarecrow. SCARECROW IS THE BEST!!!!

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
962
Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
21
Jemuelle04 wrote:
I am also death, being a death is not that hard, here is a one tip if you are using scarecrow... always cast death blade or spirit blade then attack with scarecrow. SCARECROW IS THE BEST!!!!

Or just use death blade, feint, death trap, curse, and spirit blade, if you have those spells, then use scarecrow, will take a couple turns, but it will work 85% of the time. Unless you get extra accuracy boosts from clothes or something, then possibly 90% or maybe, in rare cases 100%
Talon Nightwalker, lvl 60 legendary necromancer, Grandmaster Conjerur, Grandmaster Sorcerer 8)

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
32
Celestia has only increased the power of Death school. The ability to cast buffs for strength and accuracy on a crow, followed by a pirate on the boss makes doing mob boss runs a fun, and sometimes profitable, distraction.

James Deathmancer - Lvl:51
Grandmaster Necromancer

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
134
The main problem is that death only has one attack all spell and it can't be enchanted. This is a huge problem when fighting mobs in Celestia. Yes, it can be done, but it can take a long time to wade through all of the mob necessary to collect the items you need for quests.

As mentioned above, drain spells have already been adjusted to deal less damage due to the benefit of giving back health.

I believe the true reason they cannot be enchanted is because it will require a major rewrite of how these spells are handled through the game. KI is currently exploring options of how to multi-tag or completely change spells that are dual purpose, such as efreet and nova. This obviously is not a simple fix, as it currently does not work on test and is not projected to be implemented into live anytime soon - per KI. I'm sure the same issue exists with the drain spells.

Until there is enough demand (player requests) for this to be changed, it won't happen. As they say, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
33
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
cakekitchen wrote:
hi
i just got my death wiz to cl and i did what i normally do, which is i mix star and sun spells together, and what do i find i am not allowed to use star spells on writh, or crow spell, which are deaths best spells, the death school has been singled out. all we can use star spells on is pirate and banchee this is not really good enough. and why we been singled out from any other school, because we gain health from our hits, and that is the only reason. but the wraith and crow spell is what defines the death school and that is been held against us, why ceate star spells if all schools are not allowed to use them to their best advantage, its ok for pets to heal contuinuesly while you fight. i dont have a healing pet, i get my heals from my hits. its KI that made the death school that way. so why why why why have we been victimized.

mycin owlfist


cuz they heal you, it wouldnt be fair for other schools that death would get even more self healing
yea i'm death too and so they made it unenchantable because it would just be unfair iuse mine on my nice little kitty skeletal dragon

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
163
It's not about death school being singled out, it's about the nature of the attacks. Cards like Strong and Monstrous boost what would best be described as physical attacks. Take a look at the cards. In the bottom right corner of the picture area on the card, there is a fist for most attack cards. That corresponds to the Strong and Monstrous cards which clearly state that they boost fist type attacks. On cards like Ghoul, Vampire, Wraith, and Scarecrow, there is a split heart in the bottom right area. Those cards do not attack in the same way, so they are not boosted by those spells...just like those spells can't boost the power of healing cards because they aren't physical attacks.

Survivor
May 18, 2010
27
stanklepoot wrote:
It's not about death school being singled out, it's about the nature of the attacks. Cards like Strong and Monstrous boost what would best be described as physical attacks. Take a look at the cards. In the bottom right corner of the picture area on the card, there is a fist for most attack cards. That corresponds to the Strong and Monstrous cards which clearly state that they boost fist type attacks. On cards like Ghoul, Vampire, Wraith, and Scarecrow, there is a split heart in the bottom right area. Those cards do not attack in the same way, so they are not boosted by those spells...just like those spells can't boost the power of healing cards because they aren't physical attacks.
Well with that logic why is the deaths steal health spells affected by tower shield, death shield, ice armor, etc. I just was reading through and i just had to reply

Historian
May 01, 2010
665
XxMEGAxX wrote:
darthjt wrote:
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
cakekitchen wrote:
hi
i just got my death wiz to cl and i did what i normally do, which is i mix star and sun spells together, and what do i find i am not allowed to use star spells on writh, or crow spell, which are deaths best spells, the death school has been singled out. all we can use star spells on is pirate and banchee this is not really good enough. and why we been singled out from any other school, because we gain health from our hits, and that is the only reason. but the wraith and crow spell is what defines the death school and that is been held against us, why ceate star spells if all schools are not allowed to use them to their best advantage, its ok for pets to heal contuinuesly while you fight. i dont have a healing pet, i get my heals from my hits. its KI that made the death school that way. so why why why why have we been victimized.

mycin owlfist


cuz they heal you, it wouldnt be fair for other schools that death would get even more self healing


So, it is ok for fire to get Efreet and use Gargantuan, or Dragon, that is a DoT, or Storm Lord, or Frost Giant, or Judgment, or Tempest, or Ra (Power Nova got raw end of deal here too) but not ok for vampire, wraith, or crow? Pay attention here son, but not sure if you realize this, but death already suffers for 1/2 to healing, by the damage inflicted! Scarecrow does 400 damage to all and is a rank 7 spell!

Now, again, you can argue that Ice has frost giant that only does 475, but ice gets the most health, and resist to all schools! Also, you can use gargantuan on any of Ice's spells!

So, don't say it would be unfair! Because if you read the lengthy Wild Bolt Post, the fire teacher even said they were going to look into this!


I'm death, and I've come into the same situation. The problem isn't with KI, It's with you. Give this a thought:

- Health stealing spells are how we death wizards heal, but that doesn't mean it's the only way we deal damage. Death wizards aren't limited to just health steals, and if you want to use 'Gargantuan'. Then you best add a couple Poisons or Pirates in your deck, because health steal spells are no different than regular healing spells. Other than the fact that they deal large damage simultaneously.

- That's why our attacks are lower. We can enchant a Pirate, Buff a Pirate, Attack with the Pirate, Buff a Wraith, Attack with the wraith, and heal at the same time.

- When you add up the damage dealt by both the Pirate, and the wraith. In comparison to the buffed Phoenix, and whatever health spell was used from another school, the death wizard comes out on top.

If there is anything that could be addressed, it's the match making system in PvP. When I was level 45, I was facing level 60 wizards. Now I could care less about the strategy a person uses to fight with, but I do care if the person I'm fighting against is a higher level than me.

A fine example when I was killed by an Orthrus which dealt a critical hit. That means my tower shields were useless, because the buffed attack was just to powerful, and my level 45 wizard couldn't use the new 'block' gear yet.

Again, I have no complaints about game play. If I could have used a buffed Orthrus, and dealt a critical hit, I would have. I just wasn't match up with a proper opponent.

Back on topic - Again, You should start thinking of those health steals as heals, and not just attacks. You've got other cards in your arsenal just like every other school does. They may not be the strongest, but coupling an attack with a health steal can really add up.

If any death spell should be added, it should be a new AoE death spell that deals good damage. As of now, Our AoE can't be enchanted, and that's my only issue with the death school right now (I'd rather scarecrow do more damage without the health steal). It's really the only unbalanced piece to the death schools equation right now - just my opinion.


about your pvp thing it may be because of your current rank (i am still private sometimes i get put up against lower lvls) and about the death thing i am pretty sure KI is coming up with a solution now

Scot Soulhammer-Legendary Pyromancer

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
163
boomy444 wrote:
stanklepoot wrote:
It's not about death school being singled out, it's about the nature of the attacks. Cards like Strong and Monstrous boost what would best be described as physical attacks. Take a look at the cards. In the bottom right corner of the picture area on the card, there is a fist for most attack cards. That corresponds to the Strong and Monstrous cards which clearly state that they boost fist type attacks. On cards like Ghoul, Vampire, Wraith, and Scarecrow, there is a split heart in the bottom right area. Those cards do not attack in the same way, so they are not boosted by those spells...just like those spells can't boost the power of healing cards because they aren't physical attacks.
Well with that logic why is the deaths steal health spells affected by tower shield, death shield, ice armor, etc. I just was reading through and i just had to reply


I notice you failed to mention spirit shields. Might that be because life stealing spells are the only ones that can pass by them like they're not even there? To answer your question, I would say that the shields you mentioned protect against all kinds of damage, or in the case of death shields all death school related damage. Spirit shields, on the other hand, protect against only physical attacks, and as such have no effect on spells like Wraith or Scarecrow.