Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celestia way to hard?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 26, 2012
Does anyone else have this problem? Of celestia being WAY too hard?

I just remembered my second accounts info, and started playing. I finished Malistaire at a level of 49, now I'm in Celestia and I can't beat ANYTHING! They spam the same moves over and over again, and even though I am a death, no matter how many times I use feint+wraith or feint+scarecrow I just can't win.

Does anyone else have trouble with Celestia?

Explorer
Jun 08, 2011
Going into Celestia was a bit of a shock for my first wizard (who is now in Zafaria) but it gets better. Once you get used to the difficulty, and learn how to change your gear and deck to better match the monsters, it's less frustrating. Since you're only level 49 (my fire wizard went in at 53) you might want to do some side quests or go back to Grizzleheim to level up more.
It also helps to ask friends for help. There are usually lots of people you can battle with on crowded realms.
However, I overall found Celestia to be rather tedious. I am enjoying Zafaria much more!
-Fiona Mythsinger, level 67 Pyromancer

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Sometimes the worlds after dragonspyre tend to be easier with a group or at least more than solo. Some can solo them without alot of problems but some cannot, I would suggest to give a group or some friends a try and see if you still have problems. Unless you have access to crowns then henchman can really benefit you for these worlds also.

Make sure you try to upgrade your gear and try to get some crit and crit block for celestia, Also try an make sure you have some decent health and resist if you can for these 2nd arc worlds.

Goodluck and hope you can find what works for ya.

Take care and safe journeys.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
JordanDeathSmith on Jan 9, 2013 wrote:

I just remembered my second accounts info, and started playing. I finished Malistaire at a level of 49, now I'm in Celestia and I can't beat ANYTHING! They spam the same moves over and over again, and even though I am a death, no matter how many times I use feint+wraith or feint+scarecrow I just can't win.

You've brought me so many memories of 2010 when all the wizards would roam in Celestia while it was still new, and the worst mob would be those storm crabs that always critical'd bolt haha :)

Anyways you're gonna need your Grandmaster (haven't said that in so long :O) gear, the robe is dropped by Malistaire and all the other parts are spread around Dragonspyre (you can use a guide). Celestia does start off with a bit of a bang, but Scarecrow is your best friend! In a battle against 4, you could get 800 health!

Explorer
May 14, 2009
It isn't easy. I am currently nearly done with Celestia on my storm, did most of it on my own. If I can give you any advise, I'd suggest you buy shield treasure cards from the Bazaar. They have helped me so much, and still are allowing me to win boss fights.

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
It was very frightening when I got to Celestia- the first two solo fights I went in, I died.

Being accustomed to dragonspyre creatures getting little or no power pips and inability to critical has allowed me to pile heaps of traps on both monsters and take them out with a scarecrow. However, this is the wrong strategy for Celestia; monsters have a power pip chance equal or greater than I and commonly drain your health with a rank 6 or 7 spell in just a few rounds- I realized I needed another strategy. Here are a few pointers:

• never use feint, empower or dark pact. Yes, they make your spells soar into the thousands but they are potentially lethal.

• Raise your power pip chance to over 50%, empower is dangerous so this is highly advised.

• Make sure you have suitable defenses- tower shield is recommended.

• Have lots of pips at all times- you never know what might happen!

• Even if you have lost a little bit of health always heal your self. If your saving pips, only if your health drops below 1300.

• If your health drops below 1000 you're dead.

Only use 1 blade and up to 2 traps. anymore than that, game over.
Hope this helps,
Noah R.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
I thought the oppisite. I am in Drum Jungle in ZF and i quit W101 for a while because Cl and Zf were to easy and i like challenges.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
SuperSaiyan5000 on Jan 18, 2013 wrote:
I thought the oppisite. I am in Drum Jungle in ZF and i quit W101 for a while because Cl and Zf were to easy and i like challenges.
Altho there is always a way to make the game more challenging if that is what you like you will be happy to know from Zafaria on it meant for the less casual game play so you will like Avalon and Azteca.

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
WilliamGD185 on Jan 17, 2013 wrote:
It was very frightening when I got to Celestia- the first two solo fights I went in, I died.

Being accustomed to dragonspyre creatures getting little or no power pips and inability to critical has allowed me to pile heaps of traps on both monsters and take them out with a scarecrow. However, this is the wrong strategy for Celestia; monsters have a power pip chance equal or greater than I and commonly drain your health with a rank 6 or 7 spell in just a few rounds- I realized I needed another strategy. Here are a few pointers:

• never use feint, empower or dark pact. Yes, they make your spells soar into the thousands but they are potentially lethal.

• Raise your power pip chance to over 50%, empower is dangerous so this is highly advised.

• Make sure you have suitable defenses- tower shield is recommended.

• Have lots of pips at all times- you never know what might happen!

• Even if you have lost a little bit of health always heal your self. If your saving pips, only if your health drops below 1300.

• If your health drops below 1000 you're dead.

Only use 1 blade and up to 2 traps. anymore than that, game over.
Hope this helps,
Noah R.
As I have progressed through Celestia I have slowly " recovered " from the shock of ultra powerful attacks and " judgement problems " and am starting to appreciate the fact that my non-critical wraiths can do 5000 now. as your first reply said, " it only gets better ", the more you practice you have at solo fights, the better you get. And you do have your crit blocks.

Noah
P.S ( I'm using feint again! I suppose I missed It a bit. LOL. )

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Weird as it may sound, I found it much easier to solo street fights in Celestia and Zafaria than to battle with strangers. Fighting solo I could fight by formula, wherase with strangers I had to pay attention. As an aggressive Death Wizard i used big hits to kill and to get health to stay alive. But strangers would add both an extra enemy and unpredictable behaviour. Hard to line up traps & feints when others knocking them off.

Without doubt fighting with a good predictable friend makes things easier. But good friends are few and often not on at the same time. Also quests don't usually align, so a street fight is an active quest for only one friend, the other is just helping (boring).

I'm at a much higher level now and I sometimes return to Celestia just to kick around and I still find fighting with strangers a fun challenge. Its so unpredictable. Sometimes I get killed!

Happy Wizarding!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I didn't think Celestia was too hard. Some of the boss fights kicked my tail in, but I adapted. I soloed about 90% of the game, up until Avalon. That's where my pyro is, and has stayed for a while (mostly cause Im building up my death mage).

Survivor
Apr 25, 2012
celstia is extremely hard! but it is what make the game challenging and if it wasnt hard or challenging you would'nt wannaplay wiz

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
Thats funny XD
Am a death wizard too! :D
That kind of scares me o.o
I'm about to do the Final Count Down for Malistaire tommorow XD
*I did it tonight but my mom kicked me off before I could actually finish him....I feel kind of bad for my friends I dragged in *
My advice: High power pip chance *Mine is currently 68 to 77 depending on my gear switch*
Start training in Sun spells........Though its kind of a disadvantage for a death wizard.......it helps......
Treasure card shields are also good too or the actual shields for reach mob your fighting :D
Good gear is awesome too :D *Mine is pretty bad right now lol.....I hate crafting*
Meh.......basically everything the person a few post above me said.....

Level 58 Death Wizard.....Soon to be legendary! :D

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
Wow I need to learn to read all posts......
I automatically skim read...>.<
Thats awesome for you! :D
I hope its going to be like that for me :)

Survivor
Dec 15, 2012
Defender
Nov 01, 2012
So far Celestia has been really easy for me and am having a great time. The mobs are pretty easy too, though thats probably going to change when I hit Stormriven or the science center.
Level 64 Necromancer in the floating island.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Difficulty is closely linked to wizard level. A higher level wizard can burn through an area that was very challenging just 5 levels ago.

I am not an awesome gamer. I take my sweet old time plodding through worlds doing side quests, looking for stuff, crafting, helping others, whatever. As a result I am always a few levels higher when starting a new world. It makes it much easier. I don't buy crown gear or henchmen. I rarely die, and if I need help I ask around, no biggy.

Tip: if you need help and can't find it switch to a crowded realm. If you don't know about realms learn ASAP.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2012

If Celestia is way too hard then I suggest you working on Grizzleheim. It'll help you level up. Or do any side quests. If you have some friends who are willing to help you, then go for it! It also might help if you have better gear on. Hope this helps!
PS I'm level 52 and I'm just almost done with the Crucible in Dragonspyre! So now its really easy for me.
Melissa Rainbowheart 52 Theurgist

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
If you are losing to them at every fight, maybe your use of feints is the problem. Remember it adds damage to the spells cast on you as well, thus depleting your health at a faster rate! Use the shields available to you to lessen the hits.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

Entering CL at level 49 is a tough run. If you have not done Grizz and WinterTusk, you might want to think about doing so. Grizz can and does get boring at times but WT is fun and you can gain a few levels with the amount of XP to be had in that world. It will make a difference for running CL. I make it a point to do all sides available in order to have a better level for entering new worlds.

The level 58 pets and some spell quests require certain quests to be done in Wintertusk before you can get them.

You can check the game updates for May 2011 for that information. If you keep up with these updates, and the message boards, they will give you the information you will need to progress through the game and be able to achieve the goals you set for your wizards. There is also a lot of information that can be found on Wizard101 Central in the forums and WiKi.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
I dislike celestia... U don't think kingsisle messed up anywhere with it. I believe it's the theme that most people do not like. The fact that a fight may take longer than usual may be the reason that lots of people do not like it. I would not like zafaria if I was level 58. It's the level that you are that is the hard part. It isn't getting away with just random spells you actually have to know what you're doing.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2012
Yes..I completed mallistaire when I was level 48 and it was a mistake.When I came to celestia I died.But now i am in the grotto.It is really hard because i am level 49.But on my other file I just worked on Ravenscar in the middle of dragonspyre.It is so much easier.If you want to become a higher level,do ravenscar.

-Yoshicoolman123 Level 53 Signing off

I LOVE wizard 101

Defender
May 29, 2009
Celestia is easy as long as you don't solo it.

Explorer
May 14, 2009
My number one tip for Celestia would be buy shield treasure cards. They help sooo much.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
Celestia was quite difficult for me when I first got to it at a solid lvl of 50. The crustaceans could easily kill me. However, I started on wintertusk around the same time. That world gives heaps of xp, so in no time I was lvl 57. By then the mobs in celestia became quite easy for me, and I still had a good amount of wintertusk left to do. Currently, I am lvl 60 with forest lord (I am life), and I am on Nastrond in Wintertusk and in Stormriven in Celestia. It's a good idea to do Wintertusk if having trouble with Celestia. :-)

Ronan TitanHunter Level 60 Life