Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celestia spells removed from Archivist

1
AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
60
Why did you remov these spells? Many of the spells were useful for the Grandmasters playing in that area. If it was a measure to counter the proliferation of polymorphs in the arena (low levels in particular), one can still purchase them from the bazaar and they drop frequently from Celestia mobs.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
4
I was also wondering the same thing, i like to use the tree morph because of its healing capabilities but it seems that the past two days it has been empty.....

Legendary Fire Wizard Dylan Talecaster

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
103
alfred2007 wrote:
I was also wondering the same thing, i like to use the tree morph because of its healing capabilities but it seems that the past two days it has been empty.....

Legendary Fire Wizard Dylan Talecaster

KI would rather you spent CROWNS on a life henchman then buy the spell with gold keep looking aound you will get the entire picture in there and when you do join the right thread to voice your concerns

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
835
No it was because of some many complaints of polymorphs in low level PvP. Taking them out of the library was probably the 2nd best thing they could have done to fix this.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
60
AlecVolterra wrote:
No it was because of some many complaints of polymorphs in low level PvP. Taking them out of the library was probably the 2nd best thing they could have done to fix this.


This is purely assumption. KingsIsle have not been forthcoming with reasons for their removal.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
4
Well they should have made it for use in battle and not for pvp.......

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
755
they took out more then polymorphs....

but untill they can limit the use of those spells to Celestia it was the right thing to do

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
82
one thing i did see, the OLNY polymorphs not sold where

(Moon school)
Draconian (moon school 1)
colossus, fire minion, storm minion (moon school 2)

these others where available but removed

(Sun school)
unstoppable and gargantuan where taken out

fire wyvern, fire kracken, thunderbird, death minotaur, life banshee, polar swarm (balance mutate), and not sure if i missed any here

(Star school)
Fortify(-20 to attacks you recieve), Amplify(+20 to your attacks)

in other words, why learn what you can toss gold at? glad i loaded up early

(still think they should have been pulled at update, some of those like the thunderbird where WAY over powered to be there, and you can still farm for really good cards, but at least they have to be earned now)

and yes, it at least limits how MANY lower lvl pvpers can say "it's morphin time" and go from lvl 12 to super mega hyper death instant slaughter invincible warlord kill beast over mode lol

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
4
I stocked up on gargantuan since it was an awesome spell to use to boost your spell cards. Good thing i used a couple of my training points for the Sun school, its not a high lvl boost but it does its job.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
755
the library spells should have been made city selective so they would only work in the city they were designed for.

and in PvP only the equal city
class levels could use them in a Bout...i.e. and legendary could not use Celestian spells on a magus wizard but the magus could use his spells on the
Legendary as the legendary already posses those spells legally.

make the treasure cards only work on some one from the city they are made for...
again the spell must have been acquired legally and NOT bought from bazaar.

in this way the spells and t-cards can not be abused on lower levels and lower levels can not use them on other lower levels.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
835
minxymoo wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:
No it was because of some many complaints of polymorphs in low level PvP. Taking them out of the library was probably the 2nd best thing they could have done to fix this.


This is purely assumption. KingsIsle have not been forthcoming with reasons for their removal.

All of these are assumptions and mine makes the most sense.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
60
I'd appreciate it if someone from KingsIsle would respond to my question.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
755
hobi wrote:
they took out more then polymorphs....

but untill they can limit the use of those spells to Celestia it was the right thing to do


well i am gonna retract this..
why?

because in order for me to get the efreet spell i need to use these spell or auras and since they are not available to us
as a fire wizard doing the Sothmekhet quest to remove the fire seal of the efreet there is no way i can do it as it is a solo quest and the dude is a 14,000 hit boss and has a side kick to boot and they both cheat.

so KI has effectively made it dang near impossible for any wizard who has no Celestian treasure cards or has access to acquire them to obtain the level 58 spell.

before you say anything about how you got the spell did you have any of the Celestian treasure cards to help you? if so dont even bother to rub it in cause it will only make me want to quick the game even more so...
then KI will loose even more monies

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
82
it just occured to me, there was, another reason they took them out i believe ... there was a problem with some of these cards being in there, i will just say, for all our sake, be glad they did.

mostly the pvp players (yes it was worse then old bolt treasure cards, and polymorphs on the mathmatical end of a duel, chain stunning and this one seem to be in the same "league" of severe issues, and severe enough for them to make a real judgement call i think as this was questionably, UNavoidable...)

but i will not even describe this issue nor let on as to why i think they did pull them.

but yes, a few new wizards loading up and using a few morphs and a hand full boosts in this case seems infinately small in comparison, if the reason is what i think it was, the problem was severe, and bad news for someone on the recieving end of this ... only one reason i would be thinking they would have to pull the cards off the shelf, they had there reasons, just say, ty ...

ty KI

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
132
They relized that they made a mistake. No they probley wont say why they did it. Who wants to addmit they messed up? They where rushing the new world out. Probley didn't take the time to read all the comments people where leaving about it. By the time that they relized that it was a bad idea it was way to late. Complaints came pooring in and so as a quick fix they remove them. Who knows something might be under way to fix this problem, and we will get to have them back. This is how I would fix them. I would make it to where you couldn't use them in pvp. Make it gray like when you dont have enough pips. When they frist put it like that have an anocment saying they are back but no longer can be used in pvp. I really hope that they read this and respond maybe they will maybe they won't. But heres to hopeing :-D

Defender
Feb 17, 2009
118
Yeah. I wanted the sun spells back. I wanted to see what somethings looked like without actually having to train the card.

Thomas Swiftthistle, Legendary Ice

Adherent
May 20, 2010
2893
Moderators?

1) Why were the spells removed?

2) Is a way to redeem points spent in the supplemental schools (without the use of Crowns) going to be programmed in to compensate?

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
132
BetaYuya wrote:
it just occured to me, there was, another reason they took them out i believe ... there was a problem with some of these cards being in there, i will just say, for all our sake, be glad they did.

mostly the pvp players (yes it was worse then old bolt treasure cards, and polymorphs on the mathmatical end of a duel, chain stunning and this one seem to be in the same "league" of severe issues, and severe enough for them to make a real judgement call i think as this was questionably, UNavoidable...)

but i will not even describe this issue nor let on as to why i think they did pull them.

but yes, a few new wizards loading up and using a few morphs and a hand full boosts in this case seems infinately small in comparison, if the reason is what i think it was, the problem was severe, and bad news for someone on the recieving end of this ... only one reason i would be thinking they would have to pull the cards off the shelf, they had there reasons, just say, ty ...

ty KI


Um really? why did you feel the need to say all that? If you wasn't even going to let us know what you think it was. It's really frustrating that they removed them i put an idea up that i think is really good. so you dont have the look for it i will say it again. They should have made it to where you cant use them in pvp. Make them gray like when you dont have enough pips. When they do this they should make an anoucment stating. That you will no longer be able to use them in pvp. Its that simple. People complained about wild bolt and look what they did. Allot of people have quit the game because they changed wild bolt. Allot of people complained about the new school cards so they simply removed them. No i do not believe KI will answer us. These coments will probley go unanswered. Like so many other qeustions we have asked. As I have said before in a message before they made a mistake and do not want to admitt to it.

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
82
norr4687, yes really, i could call it "um", one of the largest scale exploit bugs i ever seen in this game, and if any info about this will ever be spoken here on this site about THAT, it will come from support not me, and not just a pvp issue, but something not intended, i would call it a sever issue bug.

that's kinda why i felt the need to say it, and "um" not going to say what it was for the reason that if a few of these "strays" are still floating around, that "um" will not be an issue for those trying to enjoy the pvp and yes, the pve also the was IT was intended.

but if this message is making it through the filter, then they must know the same thing, and know i'm trying to help explain without giving away some problem that anyone would try to use to there advantige and basicly cheat
(real bug cheating)

who's to say they might add them again after they fixed that issue, hey for all we know they might re add them all, and add them to WC and krock libraries to lol, but i think they are fixing a very not intended bug if anything, and i DO know there is one.

but till they choose to add some back or fix the bug and add them all, or choose it was best to leave them out still AND fix this bug, we won't be seeing them for a while ether way ...

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
64
I don't PVP, but I've watched a few matches where the winning players will gloat over their 'pwnage' by using spells cards they never should have had in the first place.

If the problems stem from PVP, then the solution is to fix PVP and not ruin it for the rest of us.
Maybe limit PVP to school spells only, no treasures, no enhancements. That would make for fairness and some real skill involved, instead of who has the stacked deck in a match.

In my experience, PVP is a small part of the game, and the game as a whole shouldn't be changed to accommodate it.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
132
BetaYuya wrote:
norr4687, yes really, i could call it "um", one of the largest scale exploit bugs i ever seen in this game, and if any info about this will ever be spoken here on this site about THAT, it will come from support not me, and not just a pvp issue, but something not intended, i would call it a sever issue bug.

that's kinda why i felt the need to say it, and "um" not going to say what it was for the reason that if a few of these "strays" are still floating around, that "um" will not be an issue for those trying to enjoy the pvp and yes, the pve also the was IT was intended.

but if this message is making it through the filter, then they must know the same thing, and know i'm trying to help explain without giving away some problem that anyone would try to use to there advantige and basicly cheat
(real bug cheating)

who's to say they might add them again after they fixed that issue, hey for all we know they might re add them all, and add them to WC and krock libraries to lol, but i think they are fixing a very not intended bug if anything, and i DO know there is one.

but till they choose to add some back or fix the bug and add them all, or choose it was best to leave them out still AND fix this bug, we won't be seeing them for a while ether way ...


Wow I am very surprised that made it through. Why do you feel the need to mock me. There is no need to be rude about it you could have said all that without being rude and mocking what i had said. i bought A whole lot of those cards and still have a good bit of them. As far as i can see there is no bug. It seems that you are the only with this knowledge. I wonder if KI ever will step in and let us know. But It really doesnt matter I have said how i feel and that is the end of it. I dont pvp. I havent even chose one of those schools. Good luck to all you wizards out there and have fun.

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
82
i didn't meen for it to sound mean, and didn't meen it in that way, but i am sorry if it looked like it :-(

i'll just start over

a bug the end, quick and to the point

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
132
BetaYuya wrote:
i didn't meen for it to sound mean, and didn't meen it in that way, but i am sorry if it looked like it :-(

i'll just start over

a bug the end, quick and to the point


Thank you for that its ok. dont be sad :-D i like the quick version hey maybe if we keep talking about it someone from KI will finelly step in and let us know Ha Ha. Wouldnt that be awesome. Or we could end up talking forever and never learning because i think if they where going to say something they would have said it by now. Don't you think so? i wonder if there is a way we could meet on the game and team up and fight bad guy. let me know if you would like to do that I always welcome new friends. well you have a great evening. And have fun playing wizard 101

Survivor
May 14, 2009
11
alfred2007 wrote:
Well they should have made it for use in battle and not for pvp.......
Agree i have three other grandmasters waiting but guess sense schools were changed and removed the power spells ,guess no need in returning my trainng points to learn new spells..Why cant they just block pvp from being able to use them and let the others use them to fight our way thru the new world? Morph is great has lots of useful reasons can ,but like i said us others need to use them for fights in new world...understand pvp using them to cheat

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
26
BetaYuya wrote:
i didn't meen for it to sound mean, and didn't meen it in that way, but i am sorry if it looked like it :-(

i'll just start over

a bug the end, quick and to the point


Thanks for the clarification on your thoughts, saying something to the effect of "I think I know what it is, and if its what I think its really really bad, so I cant tell you" wasnt a very informative or helpful approach.

Some of the spells mentioned as being removed were also ingredients in Crafting quests, not likely the reason, but definately one way this impacted me. If its related to PVP, I personally am very tired of PVP related issues effecting the rest of the game. Why "fix" the whole game when PVP is where the problem exists? FIX PVP!!!! Wont get any complaints from me, never have, and never will enter the PVP arena in this game. No interest.

Happy Wizarding!!!

1