Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celestia ending battle is too hard

AuthorMessage
Squire
Feb 29, 2012
vonawesome1 wrote:
firehammer77 wrote:
some battles are meant to be completed as a TEAM

Like I (and others) have already mentioned above, not everyone has in-game friends.

Until recently, I was a total loner~ my time-zone made it virtually impossible to find people to quest with, because I played in the evening (my time)... meaning that players on the opposite coast are still at work or school and, when their after-supper questing time rolls around, I'm logging off to go to bed.

I don't mind teamwork, unless it's forced on us... *cough*

My sentiments exactly. I dislike having to call in a friend for a Storm-Storm boss when I have already defeated a Storm-Storm boss/minion combo. The difference is that one boss has far more health to knock down and in my last battle with him (got defeated.) he criticaled on every move. (Yes, every move. I kept track. XD)

Explorer
Jul 09, 2009
Yes I see that everyone has opinions.

I am now in avalon, a level 75 life wizard and waiting for the new world to come out. Honestly, it just seems the farther you get in the game the more time your gonna have to take off.

I highly encourage KI to reduce this a lot. Think about all the menu chatters:

Menu chatter:Can I have some help please?
Text chatter: Sorry, i'm busy
Menu chatter: Ok

Text chatter wants to go in the same dungeon as the menu chatter, but the text chatter brings in some text chat friends and leave the menu chatter behind because they think the menu chatter is " worthless "

I mean honestly, how many menu chatters do you run into in Avalon?

Menu chatters should have something so they can look for other menu chatters that need help in that same dungeon like waiting for pvp. They don't deserve to just be ran over like that.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
It took me 5 times to get through Trial of the Spheres, 4 solo and 1 with assistance. Zafaria was easier for me than Celestia, and I loved Avalon. I'm not sure what happened with Celestia, but I agree with you; it went from fun hard to <I'm sorry is this a job?> hard.

And as to the boasting comment: seriously? If my son "spoke" to someone the way you commented on this board, he'd be in for a loooong chat. Being happy you completed a quest in a game is one thing, but bragging about it is a bit much. Note the key word game. These message boards are riddled with people who brag and insult, and it's a shame, especially for players who do their best to be respectful, insightful and kind.

I hope Azteca is not a chore like Celestia was. Having visited the test realm, it seems to be a bit more fun, and the graphics are really lovely.

Erin Ice Weaver trying to get to Gardening level 12 before Christmas and her exhausted Mega Forest Crawler Stella. Look us up on the Spiral. :D

Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
You should get some people to help you and be sure you all of the boss cheats before you do anything. It is much easier that way. Good luck!

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
Northlite on Aug 5, 2012 wrote:
I agree here. KI does seem to lean toward these long drawn out things to much - knowing children are not going to have the computer time to do them and many many menu chat will never even get invited into them if they even make it to these levels almost seems like a set up.

I'm an adult and hate these long drawn out battle after battle areas and it starts with Big Ben getting out of MarleyBone.

I think breaking them up into sections or allowing you to do parts of it at a time and resume when you can would be a much better solution, unless the intent is only to allow older wizards into the upper worlds?

I give you credit really - all my young friends dropped off in Mooshu, only 1 went on to Celestia and quite shortly after for another game. So maybe the game in general just gets to be to much a bother for the younger set so KI is not going to tailor these fight events to anyone that doesn't have the time.
This is not entirely true. Many of my friends are in Avalon and I am in Celestia and enjoying it.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I think difficulty all depends on your wizard level. A couple wizard levels can make a huge difference.

I soloed Trial of Spheres (death wizard) but I think I was a bit overleveled from doing Wintertusk. The first battle was tough, the rest was pretty easy. Soon after I did it a couple more times with single partners and flew through it each time.

Relatively speaking I thought it was an easier dungeon than the Marleybone, Dragonspyre and Zafaria final dungeons none of which I could solo after several attempts.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Just a huge tip for doing things that seem hard in wizard101, always hire. Not with money. But with items, treasure cards, and things like that.

Btw, to get treasure cards that are worth giving to people you hire, go to the bizarre, and the library. You can always buy packs to though.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
lalala343434 on Jan 23, 2013 wrote:
Just a huge tip for doing things that seem hard in wizard101, always hire. Not with money. But with items, treasure cards, and things like that.

Btw, to get treasure cards that are worth giving to people you hire, go to the bizarre, and the library. You can always buy packs to though.
Everybody has there own way, but I would never recommend hiring other wizards for help. It somewhat supports the harrasment industry in wizard commons.

I have never, ever had problems getting help when I have asked for it. Even at two o'clock in the morning. Sometimes I have jumped realms to find people, but I have never been stuck. It may take 5 or 10 minutes with random "hey can someone help me with whatever dungeon?". Usually better to ask in the world you are in, not Wizard City. Very rare that nobody wants to help.

Sidenote: It can be tough sometimes to assemble a full team of 4 decent leveled wizards. But hanging out at tough dungeons you can usually ask to join a team being assembled.

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
RottenHeart on Jan 21, 2013 wrote:
I think difficulty all depends on your wizard level. A couple wizard levels can make a huge difference.

I soloed Trial of Spheres (death wizard) but I think I was a bit overleveled from doing Wintertusk. The first battle was tough, the rest was pretty easy. Soon after I did it a couple more times with single partners and flew through it each time.

Relatively speaking I thought it was an easier dungeon than the Marleybone, Dragonspyre and Zafaria final dungeons none of which I could solo after several attempts.
What level were you?

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Percy373 on Jan 25, 2013 wrote:
What level were you?
Hello KayleeLane, I completed Trial of Spheres at level 66. My first wizard, death school.

Several levels prior to that I was regularly solo farming Thunderfin and the others in Stormriven.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
It is, it really is. I thought I was done so I could go to bed(it was late) but ooohhh no. I defeated the guy who has two henchmen and Then I thought his portal would take me to Edith Benchly or someone. Then I get a quest for another boss?! I logged out after that. does anyone have any tips?

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
in my opinion i think trial of the spheres is not difficult, because if you think that was hard then you would not survive in avalon, zafaria or azteca. also waterworks is longer than trial of the spheres and the final dungeons in avalonare much longer too

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
wizardrokz on Feb 3, 2013 wrote:
It is, it really is. I thought I was done so I could go to bed(it was late) but ooohhh no. I defeated the guy who has two henchmen and Then I thought his portal would take me to Edith Benchly or someone. Then I get a quest for another boss?! I logged out after that. does anyone have any tips?
Nevermind. I finally did it, but I used up a lot of crowns for henchmen

Survivor
Jun 14, 2012
i know its hard but we are high level wizards and they expect more from us so yeah..... and maybe you should have some help.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2012
i will have you know i soloed all of that not even knowing the cheats lolz

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Lolilikepie565 on Feb 27, 2013 wrote:
i will have you know i soloed all of that not even knowing the cheats lolz
The difficulty depends on your wizard's level and school.

(I regularly farm Jotun solo for couch potatoes and loot. But I have a level 80+ wizard... so no big deal).

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
I've done it multiple times and I never found it too hard. The only hard boss for me was Astraeus (sorry for any spelling mistake) because of his tower shields. I would bring at least one other wizard with you and don't try to solo it. Make sure you have at least 1 hour of free time when you attempt it again.

~ Katherine Winterpetal lvl 68 life wiz :-)

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
Its very time consuming. Get high level friends. But you will have to spend time on it

Survivor
May 05, 2012
I actually found trial of the spheres easy. I only got help from two other people (one balance and one storm)
and we finished it in like an hour(or a little bit more).

Blaze Wildbreaker-level 68 (me)

Lindsey Pixiehand- -friend

Joshua Bearhunter- -friend

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I got a distress call a few nights ago from a grandmaster death friend.

"I need help with a boss"

It was about 1am here and I figured I'd go help him with his boss, come back, garden for 5 minutes, and then off to bed.

The "boss" happened to be ALL of Trial of the Spheres.

We finished just in time for me to have to leave immediately for work, no sleep, no shower, no food.

As a lower level wizard I felt like a fifth wheel, a detriment. This is not a place to invite your level 40 friend to farm xp, not only will he get his lunch eaten, you will likely die right beside him since he can't help you.

As for soloing this, forget it. Even if I thought I could do it handily, it would still be long, boring, grindy, drawn-out, frustrating, random, and un-fun. There's a tiny bit of puzzle solving - moving the beacons around to align the suns and such - but it's marginalized, drowned out by the monolithic drudgery of facing Moon Boss With Funny Name and his Generic Astral Goons again, and again, and again.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
Actually, It's not too hard. It's also nice to get up and stretch your legs after that supposed 1hour 30minutes.
Oh, no! Mithraya is here!
MITHRAYA
Rank 11 Boss

Survivor
Jun 14, 2010
If you nail down, and master the Celestian battle tactics, it should be no sweat. Just remember that you can always exploit Trial of the Spheres, and sneak AROUND the 3 bosses to activate the pillar thingies (or is that another thing?), also, I'm fairly sure the bosses or pretty much optional, because you can just walk around them in their circular rooms, kind of like what I said above.
That way, you take no damage until the boss at the end, this is also very useful if you forgot to stock up on potions at the Wizard101 'Fairgrounds'. Not much else to say. This exploit might've been fixed, not sure if it has.
- Eric Owlhunter Lvl. 43

PS, you might be wondering how I got into the Trial of the Spheres, it, for me, was either teleporting to a friend or setting a checkpoint there.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
I am just about starting Crustacean Empire, and I already realize how hard Celestia gets at this point. I am a couple of places away from the final Trial of Spheres, and I must comment on one thing- the length of battles. I realize that many kids like me do not have the time to sit down for hours together to finish a dungeon. We all have limited computer time , and so I question if I will even be able to complete the Trial of Spheres. This is a huge problem, and although KI will most likely not change this, I do request them to!

Emmaline Iceshard
Lvl.55 Grandmaster Thaumaturge

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
MirandaSkyWhisper1 on Aug 3, 2012 wrote:
I know some of you are going to go all like, oh well pack some criticals and stuff but heres my story. I was finally ready to get out of Celestia but trial of the spheres is too time consuming! The first boss is totally annoying and its taking up all my time in real life. I can't sit in front of the computer for 2 hours trying to beat a boss. Then I have to do about 3 or 4 more bosses until the main boss and thats when I usally die. Can KI make this a little less difficult? There are kids playing this game. I know there needs to be a challenge in the game but this has kind of gotten too hard for kids to beat because the bosses cheat and have great health. Might as well throw in that they cast strong spells during the first round.
I agree with everyone: Celestia is really hard at the end. When they cheat like mad, their high health and pip amount. The only reason I beat the trial of the spheres and everything else is because i have my friend to help all the time. We do the same thing: We both attack then i heal because i am life. KI is doing this because the game will get harder and harder and maybe one day we will be like "I wish this was like celestia." I was luckier than a turkey after thanksgiving to beat the trial of the spheres within an hour. Astreus suddenly stopped putting on those shields, the moon boss ( i forget his name) broke his own shields and Mithraya put all the cheats on my brother. So i went in for the kill. But the amount of pips they start with is unbearable. It is usually like 4 power pips for heavens sake!!!!! When you reach level 58 and get your new spell it gets easier to kill them...

Amber Rainbowstone - level 61

Sierra Hex - level 33

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
MirandaSkyWhisper1 on Aug 3, 2012 wrote:
I know some of you are going to go all like, oh well pack some criticals and stuff but heres my story. I was finally ready to get out of Celestia but trial of the spheres is too time consuming! The first boss is totally annoying and its taking up all my time in real life. I can't sit in front of the computer for 2 hours trying to beat a boss. Then I have to do about 3 or 4 more bosses until the main boss and thats when I usally die. Can KI make this a little less difficult? There are kids playing this game. I know there needs to be a challenge in the game but this has kind of gotten too hard for kids to beat because the bosses cheat and have great health. Might as well throw in that they cast strong spells during the first round.
I agree with everyone: Celestia is really hard at the end. When they cheat like mad, their high health and pip amount. The only reason I beat the trial of the spheres and everything else is because i have my friend to help all the time. We do the same thing: We both attack then i heal because i am life. KI is doing this because the game will get harder and harder and maybe one day we will be like "I wish this was like celestia." I was luckier than a turkey after thanksgiving to beat the trial of the spheres within an hour. Astreus suddenly stopped putting on those shields, the moon boss ( i forget his name) broke his own shields and Mithraya put all the cheats on my brother. So i went in for the kill. But the amount of pips they start with is unbearable. It is usually like 4 power pips for heavens sake!!!!! When you reach level 58 and get your new spell it gets easier to kill them...

Amber Rainbowstone - level 61

Sierra Hex - level 33