Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celestia ending battle is too hard

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 09, 2009
73
I know some of you are going to go all like, oh well pack some criticals and stuff but heres my story. I was finally ready to get out of Celestia but trial of the spheres is too time consuming! The first boss is totally annoying and its taking up all my time in real life. I can't sit in front of the computer for 2 hours trying to beat a boss. Then I have to do about 3 or 4 more bosses until the main boss and thats when I usally die. Can KI make this a little less difficult? There are kids playing this game. I know there needs to be a challenge in the game but this has kind of gotten too hard for kids to beat because the bosses cheat and have great health. Might as well throw in that they cast strong spells during the first round.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
I agree here. KI does seem to lean toward these long drawn out things to much - knowing children are not going to have the computer time to do them and many many menu chat will never even get invited into them if they even make it to these levels almost seems like a set up.

I'm an adult and hate these long drawn out battle after battle areas and it starts with Big Ben getting out of MarleyBone.

I think breaking them up into sections or allowing you to do parts of it at a time and resume when you can would be a much better solution, unless the intent is only to allow older wizards into the upper worlds?

I give you credit really - all my young friends dropped off in Mooshu, only 1 went on to Celestia and quite shortly after for another game. So maybe the game in general just gets to be to much a bother for the younger set so KI is not going to tailor these fight events to anyone that doesn't have the time.

Explorer
Jul 09, 2009
73
Thanks brwac.
I do think that only older wizards can go to the higher " places " is a bad idea because I do know there are some kids out there that can handle it but not all of us can. I don't want to see the last world battle taking 5 hours :(

Survivor
Mar 24, 2012
2

I do think that the game is becoming to hard to play. it very fustration and make me not want to waste my money on this gsme anymore " is a bad idea . I don't want to see the last world battle taking 5 hours . this game should be fun not fustrating. i hope you think this over because my family and friends are ready to stop playing and move on.

Explorer
Feb 29, 2012
76
well i agree i haven't gotten to that part yet but i hated the long annoying battles with opponents that cheat and have 3-4,000 health at least

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4942
Trial of Spheres was a nightmare to say the least. I couldn't find anyone to help and finally soloed it with the help of henchmen. It still took forever. I had to plan for it... all Saturday afternoon. Seriously. It's utterly ridiculous to think a child could, or would even want to, do this dungeon.


Delver
Jan 13, 2010
269
Zena1000 wrote:

I do think that the game is becoming to hard to play. it very fustration and make me not want to waste my money on this gsme anymore " is a bad idea . I don't want to see the last world battle taking 5 hours . this game should be fun not fustrating. i hope you think this over because my family and friends are ready to stop playing and move on.


I will help you because i am a lvl 77 balance wizard, but dont stop playing, just get friends to hel you

Explorer
Jul 09, 2009
73
Yes i'll help you too.

I do think that wizard101 is the reason why I had to get glasses because theres no way to " pause " a dungeon. Now I have to wear them everytime I go to the computer screen. But wizard101, seriously I am not going to sit in front of the computer for 3 hours trying to get an in game item. Sort of like waterworks.

Champion
Feb 29, 2012
488
I've done it and I'm a kid, but then again, I am older and therefore I have just a little more experience with strategy. It's rather annoying though. Mithraya herself wasn't too hard, it was the battles leading up to her that annoyed me.

Explorer
Jul 09, 2009
73
Congrats for you ionya :)

Now i'll go on what should be " fixed "

The first battle, he shouldn't have to tower shield EVERY SINGLE ROUND. If it were like every 2 rounds, thats fine with me. Like shield on, shield off. This will save a ton of time and I bet everyone will be satisdied

At the end with all the smoke screens is what drives me nuts. Isnt storm's accuracy bad as it already is?

Champion
Feb 29, 2012
488
helv wrote:
Congrats for you ionya :)

Now i'll go on what should be " fixed "

The first battle, he shouldn't have to tower shield EVERY SINGLE ROUND. If it were like every 2 rounds, thats fine with me. Like shield on, shield off. This will save a ton of time and I bet everyone will be satisdied

At the end with all the smoke screens is what drives me nuts. Isnt storm's accuracy bad as it already is?


For the first boss we all agreed to stock our decks with AoE attacks to wipe out the minion, and thus clear the guy of his tower.

The Smoke screens only stays until you have blades and Mithraya has traps, then you can use them up at your leisure. I find having at least one piece of Waterworks gear really makes a difference in how often I fizzle. That, or I'm just a lucky Diviner.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2012
14
It is hard but i have a little help. My friend a lvl 69 life wizard helped me i did damege and she took care of traps,healing, and blades. 8)

Rachel Daisyward lvl 60 ice wizard (Working on)

Jasmine lvl 80 life wizard

Monica Moonbeam lvl 80 storm wizard

Vannesa lvl 80 fire wizard

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
207
Young Morgathe took a beating outta me... It took like 1 hr and a half to finally get rid of her with one friend helping >.> That's really annoying, but then again, i guess these 'pit points' in the game can be good as well

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
953
Good gear, spells, friends with those, and a strategy is really helpful. I have soloed that whole dungeon with my lvl 72 - now lvl 73 - Pyromancer, and done it with the help of a lvl 29 Diviner when my Pyromancer was about the lvl 70.

James GoldHorn,
Lvl 72 Pyromancer
Lvl 45 Necromancer
Lvl 11 Theurgist
Lvl 8 Conjurer
Lvl 7 Diviner
Lvl 6 Thaumaturge

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
305
You seriously cant be complaining about the end battle of celestia when i completed it with a magus life and fire. Wow. Someone needs to work on their skills.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
thejordanator wrote:
You seriously cant be complaining about the end battle of celestia when i completed it with a magus life and fire. Wow. Someone needs to work on their skills.


I hate these gloat posts - why do they get approved? To show how arrogant some of the players in the game really are? Just so you know taking in a "healer" didn't make it a challenge for you it was a given, just ask my Life wizard.

I never ever would belittle any other wizard in the games or on the board - but it does seem to be the way the game is going.

Just because you can breeze though the game doesn't mean everyone else can. What ever happened to if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all?

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1359
I think the reason for trouble is no friends helping you... Although it is soloable... I soloed in on my fire, 5 hours it took though. I felt like a no-life after although I felt accomplished XD (I was level 80 though)

Survivor
Jun 19, 2012
17
I agree. Celestia dungeons are really time-consuming. I am actually wasting a lot of real-life time to finish these battles. :? I heard in Avalon, the battles take, like, 3 hours!? Seriously. This game isn't relaxing at all. I feel like a total loser! At least make it a bit easier, KI.

Allison Silverblade
Grandmaster

Champion
Feb 29, 2012
488
Derpinna wrote:
I agree. Celestia dungeons are really time-consuming. I am actually wasting a lot of real-life time to finish these battles. :? I heard in Avalon, the battles take, like, 3 hours!? Seriously. This game isn't relaxing at all. I feel like a total loser! At least make it a bit easier, KI.

Allison Silverblade
Grandmaster


Avalon battles don't take three hours. Twenty minutes tops is the most I've ever spent on a boss battle. Mob battles, maybe five minutes. It all depends on how you strategize. If you have a good strategy, you won't take long in any fights. Heck, my first Mirrior Lake run lasted under an hours, and that was without a so called 'proper' team.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
ionya wrote:
Derpinna wrote:
I agree. Celestia dungeons are really time-consuming. I am actually wasting a lot of real-life time to finish these battles. :? I heard in Avalon, the battles take, like, 3 hours!? Seriously. This game isn't relaxing at all. I feel like a total loser! At least make it a bit easier, KI.

Allison Silverblade
Grandmaster


Avalon battles don't take three hours. Twenty minutes tops is the most I've ever spent on a boss battle. Mob battles, maybe five minutes. It all depends on how you strategize. If you have a good strategy, you won't take long in any fights. Heck, my first Mirrior Lake run lasted under an hours, and that was without a so called 'proper' team.


To bad all of us don't play the game that well but I guess since KI is making upper worlds for more hard core gamers we just need to take our ball (wand) and go home. I have helped a few people in Avalon that clearly are not prepared for that world and personally I am glad I decided not to bother with it, it's just one big slog fest after another to make your way though the areas.

Champion
Feb 29, 2012
488
brwac wrote:
ionya wrote:
Derpinna wrote:
I agree. Celestia dungeons are really time-consuming. I am actually wasting a lot of real-life time to finish these battles. :? I heard in Avalon, the battles take, like, 3 hours!? Seriously. This game isn't relaxing at all. I feel like a total loser! At least make it a bit easier, KI.

Allison Silverblade
Grandmaster


Avalon battles don't take three hours. Twenty minutes tops is the most I've ever spent on a boss battle. Mob battles, maybe five minutes. It all depends on how you strategize. If you have a good strategy, you won't take long in any fights. Heck, my first Mirrior Lake run lasted under an hours, and that was without a so called 'proper' team.


To bad all of us don't play the game that well but I guess since KI is making upper worlds for more hard core gamers we just need to take our ball (wand) and go home. I have helped a few people in Avalon that clearly are not prepared for that world and personally I am glad I decided not to bother with it, it's just one big slog fest after another to make your way though the areas.


Not one word I disagreed with there.

On the other hand, I'm completing Avalon to get the Monty Python references. (I'm nerdy and I know it. XD)

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2931
ionya wrote:

Not one word I disagreed with there.

On the other hand, I'm completing Avalon to get the Monty Python references. (I'm nerdy and I know it. XD)


LOL... Talk nerdy to me! :P

I agree that TotS is a challenge, especially for someone who doesn't have in-game friends. Fortunately, I've connected with a lot of people since my first wizard passed through Mithraya's inner sanctum, but some people don't have that luxury.

I am not an experienced gamer, and the jump in difficulty between Dragonspyre and Celestia is just staggering! As KI gears Wiz towards more "hardcore" gamers, the casual crowd gets left behind, because we simply can't compete. Most adults and older teens have offline responsibilities~ jobs, families, social obligations... and we don't have the time to put job-length hours into a dungeon-run.

*cough* WATERWORKS *cough*

-

How my own wizards fared in TotS:

Shadowsong (Balance) had some help on the first fight~ she took care of the minions, while her Life friend dispatched Astraeus... It took forever! Then, after said friend left, she completed the rest of the dungeon solo... but not before Mithraya *criticaled* on a Dryad near the end, with full pips and a +30 boost... all of my hard work was undone, just like that. It was disheartening, but Judge eventually came through for the win. ;)

Valerian (Death) went in with just one other wizard, a pyromancer friend. They were a very efficient team, and they got the job done quickly~ Fire spammed smokescreen and dispels, while Val buffed up for a big hit. He ended up one-shotting Mithraya with a great, nasty Wraith, and it was so intense that she Feint-ed. :P

Sestiva (Storm) will soon be passing through those same doors, with her loyal necromancer buddy, Valkoor, by her side. As of now, I'm just trying to make the best of her low health and not be intimidated by Mithraya's great, flaming hairdo.

Good luck, fellow wizards!
-veebz

Survivor
Dec 12, 2011
5
I know the battle is hard but just to let you know, From Celestia and up the quests are really tough. but if others can beat it, so can you!
- Jason Ravenvault

Survivor
Mar 17, 2011
3
Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2931
firehammer77 wrote:
some battles are meant to be completed as a TEAM


Like I (and others) have already mentioned above, not everyone has in-game friends.

Until recently, I was a total loner~ my time-zone made it virtually impossible to find people to quest with, because I played in the evening (my time)... meaning that players on the opposite coast are still at work or school and, when their after-supper questing time rolls around, I'm logging off to go to bed.

I don't mind teamwork, unless it's forced on us... *cough*