Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celesta is way to hard for solo players?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
I am now a Legendary (Level 60) Life wizard, and also had made level 59 on my Storm Wizard when the game was in test. I will say it was easier on my life wizard, soloing then on the Storm wizard. However, I am a shield er so I loose about 70% less damage to most spells. Storm was awesome because of the multiple attacks tempest and storm lord.

People that find Celestia to hard, are the first ones that will call someone a NOOB for shielding too much, Now us shield ers can sit back and watch the NOOBS go back to the base camp several times, because the never learned the Art of shielding (guess what, there is an actual quest in D.S that teaches exactly that).

Celestia is just the way it should be as far as challenging, after all it's going to be a long time before another world is released I'm sure.

The only issues I really have are the amount of exp gained in Celestia because I still have 3 or 4 sections left and am level 60. The other are the new schools. With the limited amount of Training points earned in Celestia, there should be pick and choose spells, not having to buy in sequential order, especially with the polymorphing spells.

Please do not change the challenging world :)
Keira LifeHeart

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
Mimitoo wrote:
People that find Celestia to hard, are the first ones that will call someone a NOOB for shielding too much, Now us shield ers can sit back and watch the NOOBS go back to the base camp several times, because the never learned the Art of shielding (guess what, there is an actual quest in D.S that teaches exactly that).

I think Celestia is very hard and would NEVER call any one a noob, nor would my friends. Sweeping generalizations really are not good. Calling someone a noob is pretty rude and rather immature IMO. Sometimes shields just don't come up when one needs them.

Celestia is just the way it should be as far as challenging, after all it's going to be a long time before another world is released I'm sure.

That is your opinion. KI needs to balance the difficulty of the game so MOST people can go through it and be challenged. IMO the jury is still out on that. There are enough posts complaining that the bar may be a little high.

I got help by posting on boards on another fansite. People gave me great tips and it helped a lot. Plus I have great friends that help me all the time.

I feel the issue for solo players needs to be addressed. Posters on these forums can help so much by posting tips and strategies. My suggestion is if you don't want the game nerfed step up and help folks who are having trouble. Telling them to quit, go to a lower level world, calling them a whiner or complainer does nothing. IMO it makes it more likely KI will have to step in and nerf the game.

People can make a huge difference. I know they sure did with me. They got me through a really rough time and thinking Celestia is fun. Their kindness brought me back into the fun side of the game. It was not fun at all before. It was stressful.

Megan

Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
Yeah I agree Celestia is way too difficult unless you have 3 others with you at all times "and most people don't, including me", the difficulty scaling is just insane, you could be in full arena gear as a grandmaster and you still only have a 50% chance of survival alone.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
anyone can play and beat it , you may die a couple time - but thats the challange i'm glad to see it back - game was to easy ( BORING EVEN) now its a challange - get sheilds !! yay KI

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
how do you knpw.he might have less than 2000 with nooooooooooo resist

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
the wild bolt could kill him if he did not have 2000 health or any resist

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
Defender
Jun 03, 2009
Ok my fellow wizards I have tried this both ways have yet to bring my storm grand into CL however I hate hate HATE being FORCED to play with some of these rude crude people in order to get the items needed to complete a quest have you all noticed when your after say bark or anything else you try and solo it you get NOTHING you need and I have tried so many was to do this I'm in the right place and in the right area and everything I could think of to finish my quests solo even going in with others it takes TO LONG to get what you need to finish that to me is extremely BORING! why pay to play a game that is so boring?
Fallon
GM death
GM fire
GM storm
GM life
GM balance

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Thanks everyone for your support, now most of the time I use tower shields and has help me a lot.

I have level up to lvl60, yay!

Austin StormCaster
Legendary Diviner

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
Earlier I posted that I was getting frustrated with Celestia and was thinking of calling it quits.

Now I'm at level 60 lol.

Luckily I met up with several people having the same problems as I and we joined together to quest. I have to admit I usually like soloing but have realized that sometimes you just have to be in a group.

Also changed my gear around and did some tweaking to my deck after reading some of the messages on the board. The tips really helped and I appreciate all those that took the time to pass them along.

Now on to getting my other wizards to Celestia.

Good luck to everyone!

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
In response to those who complain about HAVING to work as a team, there's a couple things I'd like to bring to your attention. When you have to defeat four or five or whatever of a particular enemy, isn't it easier and quicker to team up with others? You get four at a time when you have a full panel. Also, I have been saved from certain defeat many times due to the teamwork; in desperation, I have even said the words "Feel free to join my battle" in case there's anyone nearby who might be hesitant.

Teamwork is good. It keeps you alive. Oh, did I mention the time I was battling with a friend? One of us would be defeated, and the other would stay and fight while that one was healing, and then we'd take turns doing that. It took about 5 flees for each of us to defeat this boss and his three minions, and we got him with teamwork!