Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celesta is way to hard for solo players?

1
AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 15, 2009
272
I couldn't even attack, just got defeated as soon as I got into the fight two attacks and I was defeated!

I am a Grandmaster Diviner
I cant do anything solo... even when I buy a henchmen I still end up defeated.

All the game I have done it solo without the help of anyone.... and now I cant to do any quest in Celestia.


* Update*

Yes Celestia at first experience was hard, now I have team up with friends and quest along. I have become level 58, my main complain here is that in some quest play as solo wasn't possible with henchmen to defeat boss.

Maybe a little update on the henchmen to use their spell wisely would be better.

But I have no complains about Celestia challenge level. It is challenging but that is what makes it fun and different from other worlds!

Got to say, great Job KingsIsle Entertainment for such cool world!

Defender
Nov 11, 2008
109
Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
64
Daviato wrote:
I couldn't even attack, just got defeated as soon as I got into the fight two attacks and I was defeated!

I am a Grandmaster Diviner
I cant do anything solo... even when I buy a henchmen I still end up defeated.

All the game I have done it solo without the help of anyone.... and now I cant to do any quest in Celestia.


Hi. GM Diviner here, too.

The only way for us to manage Celestia is to lay down shields - lots and lots of shields - as you're building pips. Forget about the blades and traps, and launch your spells as your pips allow.

I think too many players are going standard with building up the big hits as they're used to doing on every other world.
On Celestia, that is going to get you killed.


Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
42
How is what you posted possible? On the first turn each minion/boss can only have a maximum of 4 pips. So even if you got hit by 2 1000 hit point Wild Bolts you still would be alive. Try shielding yourself more if possible and attack sooner. I see way to many people trying to build up for the big hit and therefore take more hits themselves. Not a smart way to play this level.

Survivor
May 05, 2009
40
How is what you posted possible? On the first turn each minion/boss can only have a maximum of 4 pips. So even if you got hit by 2 1000 hit point Wild Bolts you still would be alive. Try shielding yourself more if possible and attack sooner. I see way to many people trying to build up for the big hit and therefore take more hits themselves. Not a smart way to play this level.

Just another GM Diviner here!

Not sure if you have a GM Storm Wizard, but I'm at level 52 with pretty good gear. Got Malistaire's robe, GM Boots, etc. and my Health is not quite 2,100.

So 2 attacks of 1,000 is not a good thing. Even with "Resisit" the damage is quite high. I have actually been killed in the first round. I never got to cast a spell. Got hit with a critical spell then another critical and I was done.

The battle went so quickly I actually thought there might have been a glitch.

Of course not every battle goes that badly, but it is tough to attack quickly when 75% or more of your health is gone and you just got 3 power pips. You then become a shield-a-holic. Doesn't usually go well after that.

On a positive note; I have gotten better at surviving the normal street battles. Using those 1 pip healing treasure cards seems to help quite a bit.

I've also found that I'm really liking my minion these days. He's actually helping some. Not alot, but some.


Squire
Apr 11, 2010
575
It is a great challenge though. But even for 2 people, going up against a group of 3 or 4 can be crazy difficult. I went up against an ice boss with 3 storm minions while helping a death friend. in the first turn I get a full blast bolt and then a frostzilla. I lost about 1600 points of damage and didn't even get to move! If you can hold out while the opponents use up their pips in the first 2 to 3 rounds. Things kind of level off. But when they go first you are immediately pushed back to healing when the hard hits start coming your way. And that pushes you back even more. Making these fights last really long periods of time. Just 2 ice sharks, both of which had health of over 2200, took me nearly 10 minutes with a cyclops minion.

Off topic: why does myth now boost against ice?

Explorer
Jul 23, 2009
66
OK, I am LIFE and i only find it moderately challenging to solo Celestia. If you have the blade and trap sets that niles the balance tree in Krokotopia gives you, a feint, and your school's blade and maybe a few heals it is pretty easy, especially if you have a tower sheild.

Survivor
May 07, 2010
31
HIVE20 wrote:
OK, I am LIFE and i only find it moderately challenging to solo Celestia. If you have the blade and trap sets that niles the balance tree in Krokotopia gives you, a feint, and your school's blade and maybe a few heals it is pretty easy, especially if you have a tower sheild.


lol

right

Okay SELF HEALER with heal spells more powerful than just Satyr...Celestia is a breeze. The rest of us just aren't playing right.

Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
79
Lol

Dude you are a grandmaster diviner!
Celestia should be a breeze!

Throughout every world I usually solo, including doing dungeons like, crimson fields, tree of life, and the Labyrinth all on my own, and every tower in DS (there is a lot of them) but being storm i didnt have a problem - with my high natural boost from clothing, a few blades and tempest (and later Lord) i had no problem doing it.

But in Celestia, me and a friend have done the whole of it together and it is quite exciting to work as part of a team, i never mind more mobs joining - as long as it is before i have hit my lord which kills everyone!

I dont have much life 1800 at level 56 but this is a small sacrifice for 65% boost to all storm attacks! And at some points in CL i have gone solo and found it quite easy - if i get off my huge attack before they hit their second attack.

The only thing i really dislike about celestia... is the difficulty in finding drops. Seriously? The grotto drove me INSANE!!!

Mitchell DragonHeart
Grandmaster Diviner
Level 56

Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
79
CC1403 wrote:
How is what you posted possible? On the first turn each minion/boss can only have a maximum of 4 pips. So even if you got hit by 2 1000 hit point Wild Bolts you still would be alive. Try shielding yourself more if possible and attack sooner. I see way to many people trying to build up for the big hit and therefore take more hits themselves. Not a smart way to play this level.


I disagree!

At this level especially for storm wizards it is vital that they concentrate only on getting lord off and killing all opponments, so many storm wizard i see when out numbered 2v1 use two blades and then hit triton!

What a waste! just wait a turn or put a shield up and hit lord which will kill off them all!

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
940
rupertjames wrote:
CC1403 wrote:
How is what you posted possible? On the first turn each minion/boss can only have a maximum of 4 pips. So even if you got hit by 2 1000 hit point Wild Bolts you still would be alive. Try shielding yourself more if possible and attack sooner. I see way to many people trying to build up for the big hit and therefore take more hits themselves. Not a smart way to play this level.


I disagree!

At this level especially for storm wizards it is vital that they concentrate only on getting lord off and killing all opponments, so many storm wizard i see when out numbered 2v1 use two blades and then hit triton!

What a waste! just wait a turn or put a shield up and hit lord which will kill off them all!


Wow. That sounds like a lot of fun. I'll just run through all of Celestia doing Blade-Blade-Storm Lord.

Boring

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
405
Daviato wrote:
I couldn't even attack, just got defeated as soon as I got into the fight two attacks and I was defeated!

I am a Grandmaster Diviner
I cant do anything solo... even when I buy a henchmen I still end up defeated.

All the game I have done it solo without the help of anyone.... and now I cant to do any quest in Celestia.

I have an idea DON'T SOLO

Historian
May 15, 2009
673
sparky1233334444 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
I couldn't even attack, just got defeated as soon as I got into the fight two attacks and I was defeated!

I am a Grandmaster Diviner
I cant do anything solo... even when I buy a henchmen I still end up defeated.

All the game I have done it solo without the help of anyone.... and now I cant to do any quest in Celestia.

I have an idea DON'T SOLO


i agree entirely
the whole point of celestia is to WORK TOGETHER
not try and solo it because that is a one way ticket to your funeral

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
16
I love Celestia so far because it IS challenging! I'm a Death grandmaster and have played the majority of the game solo without much difficulty (because of the obvious advantage of healing when I attack). I'm still soloing a great deal in Celestia, but I've had to adapt my fighting style a bit. I can't build up my attacks with as many traps and blades as I usually do, so I've learned to shield and chip away at the enemies with smaller attacks. I'm still getting my tail kicked more than I have in ages, but that's ok - I'm having a blast!

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
489
Hi, i'm a legendary diviner now. I soloed most of celestia and was able to beat it in 5 days. What you really need in cl are shields, lots and lots of shields.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
17
I solo'd every single zone in celestia, including the last dungeon (with henchman for first boss). My suggestion? Make a necromancer

Seriously though, it is probably impossible to solo for jobs who can't heal and attack at the same time, you'll need to team up with another for many of the later bosses.

Blaze Willowthorn Legendary Necromancer

Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
79
Preacher7719 wrote:
rupertjames wrote:
CC1403 wrote:
How is what you posted possible? On the first turn each minion/boss can only have a maximum of 4 pips. So even if you got hit by 2 1000 hit point Wild Bolts you still would be alive. Try shielding yourself more if possible and attack sooner. I see way to many people trying to build up for the big hit and therefore take more hits themselves. Not a smart way to play this level.


I disagree!

At this level especially for storm wizards it is vital that they concentrate only on getting lord off and killing all opponments, so many storm wizard i see when out numbered 2v1 use two blades and then hit triton!

What a waste! just wait a turn or put a shield up and hit lord which will kill off them all!


Wow. That sounds like a lot of fun. I'll just run through all of Celestia doing Blade-Blade-Storm Lord.

Boring


Boring?
I call it efficient, and the poster of this topic wasn't complaining that CL is boring but that it is too hard!
It always takes way longer than it seems because of the long time it takes to collect drops!
And if your idea of a fun celestia is dying every other battle - fine by me (hope i meet you in PvP) :D

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1708
sparky1233334444 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
I couldn't even attack, just got defeated as soon as I got into the fight two attacks and I was defeated!

I am a Grandmaster Diviner
I cant do anything solo... even when I buy a henchmen I still end up defeated.

All the game I have done it solo without the help of anyone.... and now I cant to do any quest in Celestia.

I have an idea DON'T SOLO


Wow Sparky, nice of you to step up and agree to be there when any person needs someone to help, especially deep in the night when no other players are on...which is when some can only find time.

Sigh, not everyone can count on others to be there, nor trust others, and this game should be able to be played by all paying customers, no matter time or player density.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
3
agreed agreed agreed
i am in the same exact problem now they made some stuff way to hard i dont understnad how the handful of people that did it, did it. i asked for help and none of there ideas worked

cl is not good... hmph

Defender
May 30, 2009
108
I few moments ago I encountered a group of wizards in Celestia that had started a battle with a creature, and since my computer was lagging, I accidentally ended up in the mess with them. I immediately get attacked because I took the place of one of their group members and I apologized and fled... After I returned, I asked them not to be so harsh about it next time. In return I get told to go die and other extremely obnoxious things. I reported one of them, and then click the ignore button for all four of them. A few moments later, they join my battle so I just logged out and decided to not play anymore.

Unfortunately there are a lot of rude players on this game. It's gotten to the point that I do NOT want to be forced to be involved in group play, but I know that I'm going to need some help as I advance further in Celestia. I shouldn't be like that... it's not very fun for me or fair. :x

Defender
Jul 21, 2009
102
I find Celestia easy, especailly for fire people, because I take them out one at a time. I put in lots of healing cards, imolotates, and some blades. I also have treasure card boosts in my side deck. I make a treasure imolotate and that plus my clothing boosts lets me kill on first round. Then I blade and hit the second one. This is helpful for storm mobs because they hit fast and quick but don't have a lot of health. Unlike the other worlds, Celestia is designed so that you don't win every time.

The begining of Celestia is the hardest part. They hit you big, fast. Just yesterday when I was in the Grotto, I had to flee, heal, and port back seven times because the ice mobs there kept using ice giant, stun, and tower shield. I had three others helping me too.

Try to do the side quests too so you can get to level 54 faster. At level 54, you can go to the bazaar and buy some awesome celestia clothing. For fire people, there is a hat that gives 75 critical! The robes and boots also give a lot too. This very helpful as it can help you kill them even faster. It does not have all the stats the Dragonspyre grandmaster gear has, but it's worth it for the critical. :-D I would highly suggest that you have one, if not more, friends helping you with the dungeons. They are VERY difficult and at least one boss cheats in every one, except the sun dungeon. Most of those cheating bosses are unsoloable.

Choose your astral school wisly! The sun school cards allow you to enchant your cards and also inchant them with treasure cards too! You can make any given card do 460 damage more
The moon school has lots of polymorph spells that change your health, stats, and deck. They are good, especially for your own school, because they give you spells that most wizards, even from that school, can't cast.
The star school is for people who don't find intrest in moon or sun. It just basicly increases your stats.
Sun is good for people who do less damage like life, ice, and myth.
Moon is good for people who already do a lot of damage but need varity due to shields like fire, storm, and death.
Star is for people who don't find intrest in either of those schools or don't know what to choose.
Only choose one school. There are secret trainers hidden throughout celestia for each school. You don't want to buy all the spells for star and moon, and then find out there were more to get for each.

Your friends are your greatest resource.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
6
Yes, I hate the fact that you need 4 players for most of the battles. That's OK for those that like to join groups, but there should be an option for solo players to have a fighting chance.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
5

Celestia is not for solo, it is made for working as a team, if you want to play by yourself then you best go back to DragonSpyre and the rest of the other worlds, for from here out it will be very hard to do it alone, unless death and their healing attacks. Not like Celestia is going to be a piece of cake, they made it a challenge. Even I have a hard time with it for i am also used to be solo. But I have good friends and play with them and if I need help all I have to do is ask. :)

Master Of Balance

May Victory Be With You

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
940
I keep hearing over and over again about how Celestia is meant for teamwork, yet there is not a single statement or press release about Celestia from KI that refects this.

Before Celestia came out, I solo'd about 95% of this game. This is regardless of what school wizard I ran (everything but Myth). I can't seem to be able to do that here.

What I have found out is that the strategy and deck construction I used for the previous 6 worlds doesn't work for me in Celestia. Now, a lot of people are going to have a hard time realizing that, if at all.

What I don't like is finding out I wasted 8 training points for the Feint that I don't dare use here (unless I enter someone else's fight as player #3 or #4) because I can't afford to be putting a +30 trap on myself all the time. Also, the points I put in for Nile's blades and traps are also wasted ... I'm actually better off buying treasure card versions of my school's blades. Let's face it, those powerpips are very precious now, wasting one for a blade or trap is just that.

Even the grandmaster equipment I spent so much timing farming for turns out to be sub-par right off the bat. With the amount of Critical hits being done in the very beginning of the world, the need for Blocking is already apparent.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
12
brytenshynee wrote:
Daviato wrote:
I couldn't even attack, just got defeated as soon as I got into the fight two attacks and I was defeated!

I am a Grandmaster Diviner
I cant do anything solo... even when I buy a henchmen I still end up defeated.

All the game I have done it solo without the help of anyone.... and now I cant to do any quest in Celestia.


Hi. GM Diviner here, too.

The only way for us to manage Celestia is to lay down shields - lots and lots of shields - as you're building pips. Forget about the blades and traps, and launch your spells as your pips allow.

I think too many players are going standard with building up the big hits as they're used to doing on every other world.
On Celestia, that is going to get you killed.



The first thing you need is a shield, then a second, then blade then a sheild. the either attack or blade. YOU don't have time to mess around looking for double blades and a bunch of traps. YOU need to be ready to hit on 2nd and 3rd turn.

I took my Storm to Science center last night. He is level 50 to help out a friend. I was scared, cause i knew with only 1900 life, I won't last long. We both Shield ON turn one, Blade on turn 2, and attack on Turn 3. I was taking only one hit and were able to kill the enemy. MY advise it get rid of pips wasting spells. No need for Elemental traps, and elemental blades. and feints only if you need them. Just one blade and attack with multi hit spells. or give the triple blade to the guy that has the single blade.


1