Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can I get the Sun Spells for free?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 09, 2010
I've recently been introduced to Celestia, Zafaria and Azteca, where the awesome Sun Spells are available for me to learn. However, there are two things I want to know about the Sun Spells first.

1) Does each Sun Spell cost a Training Point? I've tried looking it up, and every source I found said that they do, but one source said they would all be free if I "belong" to the Sun School. That source also said that the Sun School is like a secondary school, so do I need to join it first? Basically, what are all, if any possible ways to learn Sun Spells for free?

2) Whether the Sun Spells cost Training Points or not, what are their prerequisites? Are they like the Spells in the Ravenwood Schools, which require for me to learn any Spells that comes before them (i.e., Spells with a lower Level requirement)? The two Sun Spells I want the most are Colossal and Extraordinary, so do I need to learn all Sun Spells that come before them? Or just the Sun Spells that come before them at their Trainer? Or just the Sun Spells that come before them in their respective "chains," (Keen Eyes, Accurate, Sniper, etc. and Strong, Giant, Monstrous, etc.) regardless of their Trainer and location?

I don't mean to sound like a rookie with all my questions, but all these new worlds and spells are starting to overwhelm me. Any and all answers/details you can provide me with will be much appreciated!

~~~~Alric Thunderbreaker

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Alric ThunderBreak... on Dec 4, 2014 wrote:
I've recently been introduced to Celestia, Zafaria and Azteca, where the awesome Sun Spells are available for me to learn. However, there are two things I want to know about the Sun Spells first.

1) Does each Sun Spell cost a Training Point? I've tried looking it up, and every source I found said that they do, but one source said they would all be free if I "belong" to the Sun School. That source also said that the Sun School is like a secondary school, so do I need to join it first? Basically, what are all, if any possible ways to learn Sun Spells for free?

2) Whether the Sun Spells cost Training Points or not, what are their prerequisites? Are they like the Spells in the Ravenwood Schools, which require for me to learn any Spells that comes before them (i.e., Spells with a lower Level requirement)? The two Sun Spells I want the most are Colossal and Extraordinary, so do I need to learn all Sun Spells that come before them? Or just the Sun Spells that come before them at their Trainer? Or just the Sun Spells that come before them in their respective "chains," (Keen Eyes, Accurate, Sniper, etc. and Strong, Giant, Monstrous, etc.) regardless of their Trainer and location?

I don't mean to sound like a rookie with all my questions, but all these new worlds and spells are starting to overwhelm me. Any and all answers/details you can provide me with will be much appreciated!

~~~~Alric Thunderbreaker
1. Yes, training points are required. Your "source" is wrong - no spells are "free." (You didn't need to 'join' a secondary school to train spells, the same holds true here. This would be a third school you would be training)

2. No. Only your level of 50+ to begin training any of the Sun, Moon or Star schools is required. They do have level requirements for each spell.

My recommendation: do not waste your training points on Keen Eyes, Accurate, etc. Only get the Strong, Giant, etc., spells for each level you qualify for.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
1) At this time, it is not possible for a wizard to "join" the Sun School, therefore, All of that school's spells will cost you a Training Point to learn. When you create your wizard you have 7 to schools to choose from as a Main; Sun is not one of them unfortunately.

2)The Sun school spells have Level requirements in order to learn, the two spells you mention (Colossal, Extraordinary) have a Level requirement of 64 + All the earlier versions of those specific spells.

Some Trainers may offer different spells, but once you meet All the pre-requisites, you are able to interact with them, regardless of their location.

I hope you can use this link I have provided to further assist you in your answers.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Sun_School_Spells