Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Level 58 Too Strong!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
I was playing yesterday and I realized that I relied mostly on the spell Ra, which was (in my opinion) far too powerful! Even the quest to get it was easy, so i think there could be some minor adjustments to the damage, otherwise someone could easily solo the entirety of Celestia. Or there could be a new level 58 quest for Ra, which would make it more difficult. Please take account and think about it!

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
voldemort164 wrote:
I was playing yesterday and I realized that I relied mostly on the spell Ra, which was (in my opinion) far too powerful! Even the quest to get it was easy, so i think there could be some minor adjustments to the damage, otherwise someone could easily solo the entirety of Celestia. Or there could be a new level 58 quest for Ra, which would make it more difficult. Please take account and think about it!

Come on not everyone playing this game is older. My grandchildren are only 8 & 10. It takes them a while to figure out what to wear & what cards to use & hopefully buy. I am upset that some of you older players think it is easy..my challenge to you then is don't use your high cards, do it with the low ones. Also, a lot of people don't have crowns to buy up spiffy looking outfits, pets & buy minions. I know that many "kids' have quit playing because they don't have the crowns and this hinders them from levelling up in the higher worlds. Anyway, you will probably fly thru the next world when it comes out but many won't get out of Celestia.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
stargazer514 wrote:
voldemort164 wrote:

Come on not everyone playing this game is older. My grandchildren are only 8 & 10. It takes them a while to figure out what to wear & what cards to use & hopefully buy. I am upset that some of you older players think it is easy..my challenge to you then is don't use your high cards, do it with the low ones. Also, a lot of people don't have crowns to buy up spiffy looking outfits, pets & buy minions. I know that many "kids' have quit playing because they don't have the crowns and this hinders them from levelling up in the higher worlds. Anyway, you will probably fly thru the next world when it comes out but many won't get out of Celestia.

I'm sorry, OP, but you have failed to consider those of us who are inexperienced gamers and/or young children. What you should have said was, "if you are an experienced gamer, you will find that quest easy."

I, for one, am in the first category- this is my first MMO, and I've only been playing for a year. My first wizard was a sorcerer, who is level 70 now; I didn't find the quest particularly difficult, but it certainly wasn't the walk in the park that you made it out to be. If you think Ra is overpowered, you have obviously never seen Storm Lord or Frost Giant.

@stargazer- crowns are not required to level and/or play the game; you can use them to permanently unlock zones or buy *optional* equipment, but the best gear is still available in game (Waterworks, level 60 dungeon run). I'm a moderator on another website, which uses a similar model, and I think that anyone willing to quit this game over the crown-shop is being ridiculous. KI is a business and needs money to stay afloat, hence why the option to support the game is there for those who are able and willing to do so.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
voldemort164 wrote:

Young wizard you are aware you can make the game more challenging - cut back on some of that fancy gear for starters? Several posters have given suggestions on how the really make the game difficult. If you choose to beef your wizard up to the max playing capacity this will happen with any school - currently I have done it with Life, Death, Storm and now Myth and could solo 97% of the game which for some is what they have to do to be able to play at all - not all of us have friends that want to help us when we need it.

I go for the most bang for my buck on my wizards because I have several friends that do not know how to do this or care to so I can get them by monster fights. I like the option of being able to play more relaxed over it constantly being difficult and defeated a lot.