Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bad drop ratings for death school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
Ok, I have been in the Science Center for about a week on my Death wizard, mostly because of the bad drop ratings, I am currently on a quest where I have to collect 2 of an item and I ended up killing at least 10-12 enemies before i got one. This is not just for that quest, this happens for every single collecting quest I do on my death wizard . While I struggle with collecting quests on my Death wizard, my Balance wizard can easily collect all items in about 2 groups. And this has always been the case since level 1 on him, as getting no drops was the case since level 1 on my Death wizard. KI, please fix this, it is really annoying having to kill the same thing for an hour+ for one quest, on one wizard while the other one gets it in about 30 minutes. Please make it equal so the game can be more fun and I can get out more to help some of my friends.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
jopado248 wrote:
Ok, I have been in the Science Center for about a week on my Death wizard, mostly because of the bad drop ratings, I am currently on a quest where I have to collect 2 of an item and I ended up killing at least 10-12 enemies before i got one. This is not just for that quest, this happens for every single collecting quest I do on my death wizard . While I struggle with collecting quests on my Death wizard, my Balance wizard can easily collect all items in about 2 groups. And this has always been the case since level 1 on him, as getting no drops was the case since level 1 on my Death wizard. KI, please fix this, it is really annoying having to kill the same thing for an hour+ for one quest, on one wizard while the other one gets it in about 30 minutes. Please make it equal so the game can be more fun and I can get out more to help some of my friends.
it all depends on luck it has nothing to do with death or any school for that matter it may seem like it but it is not. besides your not going to finish this game overnight. take your time. and try doing it with multiple people so you get 4 enemies at a time.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
jopado248 wrote:

I have never had good luck with these long collects no matter what wizard I am playing but I think the worse was Water Matrons that I spent all afternoon and into the evening trying to collect. I realize it prevents you from just breezing though the game but I also believe that sometimes you get stuck in no collect mode. Now when I can not collect in a reasonable amount of time I switch realms, go do another quest or just plain quit for a while and come back to it. I get a little bored fighting the same thing over and over again and worse is you face some of these things several times in that area for different quests.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
jopado248 wrote:

its not so easy when trying to solo all the collection battles but i demolish those quests when i have a team of 4 :) btw im a death so you cant complain about ki favoring me for being a balance or anything like that!

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
It's all luck. I've had quests before where I have to get like three of ont thing and I ended up defeating like 30-35 monsters. Then other times I only have to defeat like 4-5.