Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Astral School help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 29, 2011
I am new to Celestia and can't decide which astral spells to train in. The star school uses auras for a variety of effects, the moon school has polymorphs, but won't let you get new ones unles you have some already. And the sun school has power ups to enhance your spells. I have 2 training points. What should I do?

-Jason Shadowstrider
Grandmaster Conjurer

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Sun is all I bother with for all my wizards, you don't have to take the bow and arrow accuracy ones, it starts with Giant and work you way to Floating land to get Gargantuan. The grand one is in Zafaria Colossus. I spent one training point on Stun Block and one on the blades from Niles so have plenty for the Sun spells by the time I get there.

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
Polymorphs are a complete waste of training points. I have not met anyone truly happy with them. I am so glad I never wasted my points on them. Also, do the quests for Ogden Peake in Celestia Base Camp. He gives you a training point for each completed quest. But until you get more points, I suggest the sun school. Those little fists really boost your attacks.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Caballo203 wrote:
Polymorphs are a complete waste of training points. I have not met anyone truly happy with them. I am so glad I never wasted my points on them. Also, do the quests for Ogden Peake in Celestia Base Camp. He gives you a training point for each completed quest. But until you get more points, I suggest the sun school. Those little fists really boost your attacks.

That is not true; there are actually some people out there (myself included) who have trained polymorphs and are happy with them.

I've personally trained in all the astral schools, going to colossal in sun along with picking up cloak, training all in moon, and getting amplify, fortify, empowerment and conviction in star.

Sun and moon spells require you to train them in order to get the next powerful one (for sun, you have to train strong to get to gargantuan later on), however there is a hidden moon trainer in stormriven near its lounge lizard; his spells as well as the star spells only require you to be a certain level before being able to train them (with star, you have to be a pvp sergeant in order to train conviction).

Any spell can be useful depending on how you use it.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
Star school spells really help, vengeance and amplify boost your attacks, and it is true that polymorphs are useless except for the treant, used mainly for healing. Fortify also has its uses too though ...