Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are Level 58 Spells really even?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
OK thank you wizard team for makeing us celestia and level 58 spells. I see nothing wrong with the graphics on them at all. But in ways they don't seem very even like the classes are. Different classes got their pros and cons right? As an example Levitation the storm level 58 spell now this i like except for one thing. It does 1030 damage and i am fine with that. But the second effect is pushing and makeing it not even with the other spells if you really think about it. Remove 2 positive i mean that kind of pushing it don't you think it does a lot of damage and then add that to it. I think it should only remove 1 not 2. With that said their is many others that can be re done. Note i am not bashing storm or trying to make them not a good class. I will say one more spell needs to be changed and that is snow angel. Ok it can be use full in groups but if your alone taunt is useless their already attacking you also what if your low on health. So i think it should put a tower on caster or all instead it be way better and more use full. Not bashing any school here just saying some of the spells need to be fixed.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
I absolutely agree, the Ice Angle Spell is unfair and desn't make any sense. The only edge that an ICE Wizard had was his Health, and now they taken that edge away also. Why would anyone want to be a Ice Wizard now, as they have made it a useless Wizard.
Everyone picks on the Ice Wizard as it is, now they have given us a better reason to laugh.

Level 14 Death Wizard.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
TailsZelin wrote:
OK thank you wizard team for makeing us celestia and level 58 spells. I see nothing wrong with the graphics on them at all. But in ways they don't seem very even like the classes are. Different classes got their pros and cons right? As an example Levitation the storm level 58 spell now this i like except for one thing. It does 1030 damage and i am fine with that. But the second effect is pushing and makeing it not even with the other spells if you really think about it. Remove 2 positive i mean that kind of pushing it don't you think it does a lot of damage and then add that to it. I think it should only remove 1 not 2. With that said their is many others that can be re done. Note i am not bashing storm or trying to make them not a good class. I will say one more spell needs to be changed and that is snow angel. Ok it can be use full in groups but if your alone taunt is useless their already attacking you also what if your low on health. So i think it should put a tower on caster or all instead it be way better and more use full. Not bashing any school here just saying some of the spells need to be fixed.

Hey there TailsZelin. You make an interesting point. A quick look at the spells reveals 4 single hit spells and 3 AoE (Area of Effect) spells. Looking first to the AoEs, you have Snow Angle, Ra, and Forest Lord. Taunt is effectively useless in almost every scenario so in reality, none of the Rank 8 AoE spells have any sort of after effect. Given that Snow Angel is a Dot (Damage over Time) spell, their damage ranges are fairly equal especially when you consider that those are the 3 classes with the highest base health in the game. So, for AoEs, its fairly safe to say that they are on par with each other (even after considering taunt).

That leaves the single hitters: Leviathan, Efreet, Medusa, and Skelatal Dragon. Leviathan removes 2 positives, Efreet leaves a -90% (don't know for sure if its a shield or a weakness, but I have been lead to believe its a weakness), and Medusa stuns for 2 rounds. Arguably, the fact that Skeletal Dragon does so much damage (1010 base (200+810) which is just shy of Leviathan) as a DoT puts it on par with the other 3. These spells are all boss killers so lets do a comparison.

Leviathan - Removing 2 positives makes sense due to the low health of storm. Should any enemy survive that, removing 2 positives is likely the only way storm is going to survive a counter attack.

Efreet - A -90% (whether shield or weakness) also makes sense because it is just above Storm in terms of health.

Medusa - Stun for two rounds. I think Myth got hosed a bit here. My understanding is even though it is a two round stun, its not special outside of that. Therefore, it is useless on most bosses. As a boss killing spell, Myth gets no reprieve from a counter attack should it fail to kill the boss. It also has a lower base damage than fire.

Skeletal Dragon - Damage over time. Big damage. With middle of the road health for death, it makes sense that there would be no after effect to this spell when its damage scale is so much higher than typical for this class when compared to other death damage spells such as skeletal pirate.

To sum up, it feels to me as if the two spells that really need to be addressed here are Medusa and Snow Angel. The best fix for Medusa would be to fix it so that ALL are susceptible to stun unless they have a stun block. The best fix for Snow Angel would be to remove taunt, perhaps add a bit of damage. That's my two cents anyway.