Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A look at the astral mobs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 10, 2014
Hello, starting in Celestia our wizards first get introduced to astral school mobs, which is really interesting at first. But those mobs follow no rules or tendencies at all.

I'll use Darkmoor's astral mobs as an example. Star school mobs have mastery of storm, death and life spells. The mobs in Celestia, however, tend to use balance and fire spells, which definitely do NOT relate to their school identity. They also have 80% resist, which makes no sense, and to top it off - none of them have mastery to... anything.

Moon mobs - they use death, ice and myth spells. We actually meet many mobs, which actually use their school identity spells, but in Celestia once again - they don't have mastery nor the correct resist or boost stats.

Very rarely though we fight against school mobs. One thing I do not understand is why in Celestia the sun mobs (such as Mithraya) use life, fire and storm spells, whereas in Darkmoor the boss Tatyana uses fire, life and MYTH spells. I think this is an oversight and Mithraya's deck and all other sun mobs should have their decks fixed matching their school identity.

It's just anticlimactic that you reach the big Boss at the end of a Celestia dungeon just to beat it in two rounds because it doesn't have mastery to anything and uses spells that barely hurt you because it takes 4 rounds for them to attack you. If that's fixed, actually Mithraya or Ptolemos would actually be a bit of an interesting challenge, even though they already are due to their cheats.

In my opinion, the astral mobs bring something new into the game, starting second arc, it's just a shame that at first they just don't follow any rules and are so weak because of the lack of mastery and using spells that don't even match their school. I would very much LOVE to see some love and care at those kind of mobs and unify their decks to follow one tendency:
:,, ;

:,, ;

:,,.

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
First, if you're beating the final boss in Celestia in two rounds, I'd like to know how you're doing it. LOL.

Second, I agree with you about the astral mobs. I wish there was a way to see their resistances (is there a way to do that?) without having to look them up on the wiki. I don't worry about the mobs, to be honest, when I'm fighting them as much as I do about the astral bosses.

Third, Mithraya and Ptolemos don't need to be any harder. I personally find them to be a nice challenge as they are right now. There are times I can fight them and sail through, and times when their cheats drive me mad based on the card selections I'm given.