Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Xibalba: Get Real Folks!

AuthorMessage
Hero
Feb 26, 2012
At the entrance to Xibalba, it says: "This dungeon takes around 1 hour and 30 minutes to finish, shorter if you bring friends."

Come on! Get real folks!

Today I was sick and had to stay home from work, so I had time enough to give Xibalba another try. Here is what it Really takes to finish Xibalba: I started at 8:35am. I finished at 12:25 pm. How does an hour and a half turn into almost four hours?

As none of my friends were available, I resorted to buying henchmen. The first battle required 2 lvl 90 helpers. 800 crowns spent. One myth boss, 22,550 hp, 2 ice minions, 3750hp each, one death minion with over 4000hp. It ran from 8:35-9:13 am. Then bathroom break.
Second battle: A death boss, 20,350hp, one storm minion, 3450 hp, one balance minion 3500hp. Except the boss "cheats" by spamming a fourth storm minion, 1120hp, who sacrifices himself to heal the boss regularly. Once dead this last minion is quickly replaced. I fought 5 of them I think. I needed to buy two henchmen, then replace one as it died -- three henchmen, 1200 crowns. This battle ran from 9:20-10:10am.
Third battle: Fire boss, 23,950hp; two storm minions, 3500hp ea; one ice minion, 6050hp. I needed four henchmen for this one, 1600 crowns more. Started 10:15, ended 11:00. Then another bathroom break.
Last battle: Malistaire (who is invincible), an ice boss with I think 30k+hp, and a storm boss, with 23k+hp, and an ice minion with 6050hp. In the first round, four opponents all hit me with big spells; I was cut to 1/4 of my health before I even got to cast a spell. Without life henchmen to heal me, I would have lost the battle the next round. Started 11:15am, ended 12:25pm. It took me 7 henchmen, having to replace three who died. 2800 crowns more.

All told, almost four hours of play, and 6400 crowns. At the bargain crown rate of 1000crowns/dollar, I spent $6.40 on this one dungeon this morning. Granted, no one made me do the dungeon or spend the crowns, but I could not have completed the main quest line if I did not.

To me, this is not right. If a dungeon says it takes an hour and a half to complete without friends, it should deliver what it promises. Otherwise, it is false advertising. A person should be able to complete the main quest lines, solo, without having to resort to crowns. That is what you advertise, that is what you should deliver. And a person should be able to complete a dungeon in a reasonable amount of time, without having to be sick at home. 90 minutes should mean 90 minutes.

Come on people! Get Real!

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
FinnAgainWindrider on Oct 31, 2013 wrote:
At the entrance to Xibalba, it says: "This dungeon takes around 1 hour and 30 minutes to finish, shorter if you bring friends."

Come on! Get real folks!

Today I was sick and had to stay home from work, so I had time enough to give Xibalba another try. Here is what it Really takes to finish Xibalba: I started at 8:35am. I finished at 12:25 pm. How does an hour and a half turn into almost four hours?

As none of my friends were available, I resorted to buying henchmen. The first battle required 2 lvl 90 helpers. 800 crowns spent. One myth boss, 22,550 hp, 2 ice minions, 3750hp each, one death minion with over 4000hp. It ran from 8:35-9:13 am. Then bathroom break.
Second battle: A death boss, 20,350hp, one storm minion, 3450 hp, one balance minion 3500hp. Except the boss "cheats" by spamming a fourth storm minion, 1120hp, who sacrifices himself to heal the boss regularly. Once dead this last minion is quickly replaced. I fought 5 of them I think. I needed to buy two henchmen, then replace one as it died -- three henchmen, 1200 crowns. This battle ran from 9:20-10:10am.
Third battle: Fire boss, 23,950hp; two storm minions, 3500hp ea; one ice minion, 6050hp. I needed four henchmen for this one, 1600 crowns more. Started 10:15, ended 11:00. Then another bathroom break.
Last battle: Malistaire (who is invincible), an ice boss with I think 30k+hp, and a storm boss, with 23k+hp, and an ice minion with 6050hp. In the first round, four opponents all hit me with big spells; I was cut to 1/4 of my health before I even got to cast a spell. Without life henchmen to heal me, I would have lost the battle the next round. Started 11:15am, ended 12:25pm. It took me 7 henchmen, having to replace three who died. 2800 crowns more.

All told, almost four hours of play, and 6400 crowns. At the bargain crown rate of 1000crowns/dollar, I spent $6.40 on this one dungeon this morning. Granted, no one made me do the dungeon or spend the crowns, but I could not have completed the main quest line if I did not.

To me, this is not right. If a dungeon says it takes an hour and a half to complete without friends, it should deliver what it promises. Otherwise, it is false advertising. A person should be able to complete the main quest lines, solo, without having to resort to crowns. That is what you advertise, that is what you should deliver. And a person should be able to complete a dungeon in a reasonable amount of time, without having to be sick at home. 90 minutes should mean 90 minutes.

It takes a hour and a half depending how experienced you are, I am a highly experienced player so I had no trouble with this, With one friend took us about 30-45 minutes, which means solo I could do it in around 1 hour 1/2 to about 2 hours, some how you turned it into 4 and using henchman (Which I don't do) Maybe you got the wrong gear or henchmen or something? I don't know. Tell me how your gear was and such?

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
I am facing the same problem, for example, in Atlanta(Aquila) the warning says this duengeon takes 2 and a half hours to complete, and when I did it, I took four hours and had three friends. KI, please fix these dungeon warnings!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

Come on! Get real folks!

And this is exactly why they are losing people.

I attempted one of those dungeons, with a nice cheating boss, hired henchmen because no one is every around (Zafaria) and got creamed. I'm done. There is no use trying to solo anything beyond Celestia,and that was a nightmare (soloed the trial of spheres with henchmen only... almost 6 hours later I was done. And will NEVER go back)

They either need to change things or they will continue to lose their core people. We are not all hard-core gamers. We all can't spend countless hours each day doing quests like this; and certainly can't all afford the crowns it takes. It's beyond ridiculous.

The problem is with a dungeon like that is that if they put an accurate warning up such as the one below, no one would ever attempt it, "This dungeon takes around 4 hours to finish, shorter if you bring friends."

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
MiguelThefirst on Oct 31, 2013 wrote:
It takes a hour and a half depending how experienced you are, I am a highly experienced player so I had no trouble with this, With one friend took us about 30-45 minutes, which means solo I could do it in around 1 hour 1/2 to about 2 hours, some how you turned it into 4 and using henchman (Which I don't do) Maybe you got the wrong gear or henchmen or something? I don't know. Tell me how your gear was and such?
Miguel, I'm sorry, but this comment is just arrogant and inconsiderate.

By the time anyone gets to Xibalba they are a highly experienced player. I have been able to do most of the spiral solo, and this experience is quite a different one from those I have had in the majority of my Wizard101 playing experience. My gear is some of the best in the game, and the henchmen were a combo of lvl 90 life, myth, or storm, depending on the opponents.

Frankly, I doubt your claims here. I have seen many players who have posted experiences similar to mine. There have been multiple posts in the boards to this effect. I have seen no one who claims to have done it in a half an hour -- with four battles, each with four high level opponents, several of whom spam cheat spells, and one who heals himself frequently, the time frame you offer here simply does not add up. I'll grant you, it would go faster with other players who can actually think, and not the bad AI of henchmen who often as not waste spells and pips. So you may well have been able to get through faster than I did. But a half an hour is simply not possible -- a single battle in this dungeon lasts longer than that. Next time you do it, set your clock.

And when you post, please, try to show some respect for the other people on these boards. You are entitled to your opinions, but so are we. Insulting our competence and intelligence is totally uncalled for.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
RavenLady777 on Oct 31, 2013 wrote:

I attempted one of those dungeons, with a nice cheating boss, hired henchmen because no one is every around (Zafaria) and got creamed. I'm done. There is no use trying to solo anything beyond Celestia,and that was a nightmare (soloed the trial of spheres with henchmen only... almost 6 hours later I was done. And will NEVER go back)

They either need to change things or they will continue to lose their core people. We are not all hard-core gamers. We all can't spend countless hours each day doing quests like this; and certainly can't all afford the crowns it takes. It's beyond ridiculous.

The problem is with a dungeon like that is that if they put an accurate warning up such as the one below, no one would ever attempt it, "This dungeon takes around 4 hours to finish, shorter if you bring friends."
Hear, hear!

Defender
Jul 26, 2009

These dungeons are based on the average player. If its taking longer, its worth a shot looking at your gear and strategy. Its safe to say Henchmen kill you faster on cheating bosses, so don't fall back on them.

Defender
Apr 17, 2009

Woah 6 hours? Seriously? I solo'd it on my death and storm in a time span of about 2 or 2 1/2 hours, Idk what I'm doing different then you guys, but it must be working, and I don't hire Henchman. What exactly do you do? Maybe I can help you guys if you'd like, we could meet in a certain realm and place

Defender
May 23, 2009
Not really seeing any problem here.
You chose to spend the crowns to attempt Xibalba and you completed it. There is nothing to rage at KI about. I see your posts around the boards all the time and everytime you always complain. Let me tell you I've been in your position so many times. Spending large amount of crowns for dungeons to get what I want. However, those crowns spent are always worth it. Don't want to do 4 hour dungeons? Then don't play. It's that simple. Smh ...

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
MiguelThefirst on Oct 31, 2013 wrote:
Not how experienced, but what hard-hitters are in the dungeon. If you have a Storm, then sure, it's not going to take very long, especially if they bring in a Life to help keep them alive. If you have low-hitters, then it's going to take longer, and in some cases, much longer. Besides, it takes many runs in a dungeon to finesse it to (allegedly) 30-45 minutes, so don't expect someone who has only run it once or twice with or without friends to match your time or even come close to it.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011

Come on! Get real folks!

You might not think so, but you still did a great job!

I do agree that the times posted for the dungeon should reflect more accurately

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
TPG Miserie on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
You chose to spend the crowns to attempt Xibalba and you completed it. There is nothing to rage at KI about. I see your posts around the boards all the time and everytime you always complain. Let me tell you I've been in your position so many times. Spending large amount of crowns for dungeons to get what I want. However, those crowns spent are always worth it. Don't want to do 4 hour dungeons? Then don't play. It's that simple. Smh ...
Obviously you don't see all my posts, because I frequently do not complain. I also offer lots of help and positive comments about much of the game, which I do enjoy greatly.

And, like many others, I very much want to play this game, but I want the game to remain playable as it was in the first arc. This game is delightful. It has been a lot of fun. That is why it is such a disappointment when it does not live up to its promise.

When the promise is a family fun game for people from ages 10+, that can be played solo or with friends by anyone in those age categories, then the developers have a responsibility to deliver what they promise. If you don't see any problem with advertising a dungeon as lasting an hour and a half for a solo player, when in fact it takes four hours for a player who has to buy henchmen to survive, then you really don't understand what "truth in advertising" means. By the way, "truth in advertising" is a common legal standard in our nation, precisely for the reason that companies are supposed to provide what they promise. People have a right to an honest assessment of what they are buying, before they buy it.

Finally, though "don't play" is of course always an option, it is not the best solution. Many good people have left the game, and the game is poorer both financially and in terms of good character players because of them leaving. I think it is much better if we can find ways for us all to get along together with respect for different styles of play. The question is not, "Who should leave the spiral?" The question is rather, " How can we make the spiral a place that is balanced enough for everyone to enjoy it?"

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
TPG Miserie on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
You kind of missed the point here. How did he know it was a 4 hour dungeon when KI stated 1 1/2 hrs? Seriously.
That is the problem, not choosing to use henchmen (well kind of being forced since there was no one to help).

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Eh, there's a lot of complaining (i.e. customer feedback) about Azteca. I still haven't beat Cipactili so I'm dreading Xibalba or whatever his name is. Making the advanced levels hard is one thing. Making them impossible for solo/Crown Buying players is another thing. I honestly don't have enough friends to help me with anything, to be truthful, they want my help. Why the heck can't I beat the street foes in Azteca and spend crowns to get henchmen to beat freaking Cipactli? I'm stuck on that. Ugh.

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
FinnAgainWindrider on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:
Miguel, I'm sorry, but this comment is just arrogant and inconsiderate.

By the time anyone gets to Xibalba they are a highly experienced player. I have been able to do most of the spiral solo, and this experience is quite a different one from those I have had in the majority of my Wizard101 playing experience. My gear is some of the best in the game, and the henchmen were a combo of lvl 90 life, myth, or storm, depending on the opponents.

Frankly, I doubt your claims here. I have seen many players who have posted experiences similar to mine. There have been multiple posts in the boards to this effect. I have seen no one who claims to have done it in a half an hour -- with four battles, each with four high level opponents, several of whom spam cheat spells, and one who heals himself frequently, the time frame you offer here simply does not add up. I'll grant you, it would go faster with other players who can actually think, and not the bad AI of henchmen who often as not waste spells and pips. So you may well have been able to get through faster than I did. But a half an hour is simply not possible -- a single battle in this dungeon lasts longer than that. Next time you do it, set your clock.

And when you post, please, try to show some respect for the other people on these boards. You are entitled to your opinions, but so are we. Insulting our competence and intelligence is totally uncalled for.
You see with one friend I did it so quickly by doing the following: Blade myself, blade myself, blade myself, sirens. Done. (that's the final battle) That's how easy the last battle the bosses let it be for me, my friend just put one feint on each minion during that, and yeah, it was over lol, But yes you are right when you stated it would go faster with players then Ai, But you also have to know that just cause the minions were lvl 90 doesn't mean they are the best, the healing draconian is the best healer (in my opinion) and the level 70 fire is the best fire (in my opinion) but that's just what i've been told and have seen so far, as for myth, I don't think I'd personally summon him, don't see much use in myth myself sorry, as for the battles prior to the final fight, kind of same thing I guess just used Storm Lord.
Level 90Miguel
Level 90MIguel
Level 40Miguel
P.S. Would you believe me if I said I did Tartarus in 40 minutes?

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I think an accurate measurement would be 2 and a half hours to 3 hours to complete solo. That's the average. Sorry you had such a bad experience, with the new upcoming update it should be easier.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
MiguelThefirst on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
You see with one friend I did it so quickly by doing the following: Blade myself, blade myself, blade myself, sirens. Done. (that's the final battle) That's how easy the last battle the bosses let it be for me, my friend just put one feint on each minion during that, and yeah, it was over lol, But yes you are right when you stated it would go faster with players then Ai, But you also have to know that just cause the minions were lvl 90 doesn't mean they are the best, the healing draconian is the best healer (in my opinion) and the level 70 fire is the best fire (in my opinion) but that's just what i've been told and have seen so far, as for myth, I don't think I'd personally summon him, don't see much use in myth myself sorry, as for the battles prior to the final fight, kind of same thing I guess just used Storm Lord.
Level 90Miguel
Level 90MIguel
Level 40Miguel
P.S. Would you believe me if I said I did Tartarus in 40 minutes?
So you're saying that with just three blades, a feint, and a siren you did over 30k damage in a single hit, against bosses who block critical? (Unless one of those blades was a supercharge, but it could not have been, because that takes several rounds and a pips sacrifice to set up.) Interesting... Seeing as how I also run a storm wizard, and have played with many, I will maintain my skepticism. If you did, though, that is truly amazing, and a feat. It would also be an exception to the rule.

(BTW, summoning any fire henchman is a bad idea for a fire wizard, as they steal traps, and fire gets needed boosts from traps. And some lower level henchmen do heal more, but they die in single hits from higher level enemies.)

That said, I still do want to thank you for replying in a friendly fashion.

Also, as I mentioned in the test realm post, I get that you like the harder game. What I would like, is for the main quest lines and overall story arcs to be really accessible to everyone without having to resort to henchmen or PvP intensity style play -- like we had in the first arc. Then we could also have areas, like Aquila, Helephant, PvP, and some side quests, that could cater to the high-intensity players like you seem to be. Then everybody can win, and we don't have to have this kind of upset-driven posting and back and forth dialogue.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010

Come on! Get real folks!

I am with you all the way on this and unfortunately like all the rest of the game "as long as some can do it" the rest of us should be able to too, at least they claim that. When we can't we just need to go away and hang up our wands.

On another note, I have suffered no greater defeat in the entire game as when I resorted to henchmen for the spells in this world. That was a waste of my crowns because I will probably not even finish the world no matter how nerfed it gets. To me that was the utter defeat and justifiably proved to me that I can no longer figure out how to play the level of difficulty it has become.

I came here "not" a gamer and I will be leaving the same way. Just because others tell me it can be done doesn't mean I have the mentality to figure it out.

Using a Death wizard as a minion to a Storm is not a challenge, but it's already been proven that those who have it all are not willing to figure out how to make any part of the game a challenge to them if that is what they so crave. They really want the game to be easy or they wouldn't go to such lengths to make it that way. Best gear, best pets, buff a Storm, easy peasy.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2011

Exactly! Its a rip off $10, £7 for only 1 month of membership! i have to always beg my dad for money to get crowns for every spell quest i get! please make the costs less like $6 for 1 month. $80 for 1 year lol.

For me to finish the last dungeon of azteca was around 4 hours with a level 90 life and level 90 balance.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
A part of me wishes I was introduced to this game sooner as I would absolutely enjoy assisting players like you Finn, and Northlite. In reading both of your past posts on different topics, I can see that you and family members play this game and you have even temperaments as well offer up useful suggestions to those that need assistance. I prefer to associate myself with those that have positive attitudes.

As it stands I'm still relatively new and working on reaching higher levels any way I can. I am a casual player but definitely goal oriented, and will research proven strategies on how to defeat bosses, while using my own trial and error methods, in order to progress.

I am nearing the end of the Celestia story line and a little apprehensive to continue into even more difficult zones as a predominantly solo player lol. Somehow I will preserver I know .

If there is a way to look up a player online, please feel free to open chat with me and if I can assist you in your progression, I will.

Gabriel Legendary Necromancer
Brahm Spellbreaker Legendary Sorcerer

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
mmoluvr on Nov 5, 2013 wrote:
A part of me wishes I was introduced to this game sooner as I would absolutely enjoy assisting players like you Finn, and Northlite. In reading both of your past posts on different topics, I can see that you and family members play this game and you have even temperaments as well offer up useful suggestions to those that need assistance. I prefer to associate myself with those that have positive attitudes.

As it stands I'm still relatively new and working on reaching higher levels any way I can. I am a casual player but definitely goal oriented, and will research proven strategies on how to defeat bosses, while using my own trial and error methods, in order to progress.

I am nearing the end of the Celestia story line and a little apprehensive to continue into even more difficult zones as a predominantly solo player lol. Somehow I will preserver I know .

If there is a way to look up a player online, please feel free to open chat with me and if I can assist you in your progression, I will.

Altho I am a solo player at heart, I practice the "no wizard left behind" theory. I have helped many as I make my way though the game. Though the end of Zafaria I feel I am a competent player, not the best as I have met better but I can get by and hold my own. Avalon and then Azteca test my game playing capabilities a little more then I am able to comprehend.

I feel there are others in the game that are like me, they enjoy the game for fun and not so much for the challenge or competition type game play.

I am currently on the Lunarium quest in Celestia with my Storm wizard. I stick mainly to the Scarecrow realm. I have taken this wizard from Wizard city to here solo. I want to see how far I can get.

Mary StormGem

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
mmoluvr on Nov 5, 2013 wrote:

Thanks so much for your kind words! These days, like Northlite, I play mostly solo. But when my first wizard Finn was really active, I was mostly a guy who played with friends. When you get the right people to play with, it really is a lot of fun. So I almost always am very willing to help people out. If you ever want to get together, I'd be happy to -- just pick a time, a place, and a realm, and if it works for me too, I will let you know.

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
Wow. That bites. Sorry. Just wanted to add also that level 90 doesn't mean experienced. Have you seen some people that have somehow managed to make it this far Don't fret, at least they are making it easier, even though I totally want to do the original again....

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Henchmen: Almost 0 damage, rely on auras and blades, waste pips, low health, bad resist.

Real Wizards: up to 110 damage, shield, use auras and blades effectively, do not waste pips, decent health, good resist.

See the difference...?