Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why it's so annoying...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 24, 2010
So I been fighting quite a few normal monsters on Azteca and how can I tell you how annoying they are.
We got the ice ones that continuously use tower shields which makes our damage always half.
Then we got fire ones that uses efreet on the start of the battle which makes us so weak and when we are so weak, we die/flee.
Then we got the annoying balance ones that uses so much power nova and weaknesses that it's so hard to win the battle.
Finally we got myth's who uses earthquakes and medusa/basilisk which totally messes up the battle.

So ki please fix this, cause every time this happens, it annoys the heck out of me.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
There us a way to over come this just tell me your school and I can tell you.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
LukeAndEye on Jun 16, 2013 wrote:
So I been fighting quite a few normal monsters on Azteca and how can I tell you how annoying they are.
We got the ice ones that continuously use tower shields which makes our damage always half.
Then we got fire ones that uses efreet on the start of the battle which makes us so weak and when we are so weak, we die/flee.
Then we got the annoying balance ones that uses so much power nova and weaknesses that it's so hard to win the battle.
Finally we got myth's who uses earthquakes and medusa/basilisk which totally messes up the battle.

So ki please fix this, cause every time this happens, it annoys the heck out of me.
If you are battling in a group of 2-3 these tips helped us get though a little better.

http://wizard.mercenaries101.com/mob-strategy/

There are other helpful things at this fan sight also. The M4H have mastered the game and don't mind sharing how they do it.

This world is a test of your wits. We are currently crawling though it one battle at a time and did finally make it to Cloudburst - not sure we will finish this world but can't figure out a better way to waste 3 hrs a day I guess.

Defender
Oct 24, 2010
Tyler Legendfriend on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
There us a way to over come this just tell me your school and I can tell you.
My school is myth and I am currently level 89.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
LukeAndEye on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
My school is myth and I am currently level 89.
Ok always use stun block first against ice storm and myth.Use it when it runs out conviniction if possible.Then if any enemy uses a DoT spell on you shift it.Then craft the wt wand with all the 2 shields.Get max pips and spam frog at them and always have at least 55 damage and 25 universal resist.Heal whenever you get less than 2000 health.On bosses always have a storm to take the boss faster.While u calendar/medusa minion.I will play the rest later.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
nullOk always use stun block first against ice storm and myth.Use it when it runs out conviniction if possible.Then if any enemy uses a DoT spell on you shift it.Then craft the wt wand with all the 2 shields.Get max pips and spam frog at them and always have at least 55 damage and 25 universal resist.Heal whenever you get less than 2000 health.On bosses always have a storm to take the boss faster.While u calendar/medusa minion.I will play the rest later.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Pierce for tower (you are myth so no need for tc) and have a wand for efreet.
Stunning doesn't bother me as much, as it usually happens early in the fight when I am building up pips anyways.
Just make sure you carry high block, around 200 if you can and maximize damage boost over critical.
Healing boost with fairy or sprite on a pet helps too.
Sharpened blade the round before and then spam enchanted frog.
Good luck!

Survivor
May 16, 2009
LukeAndEye on Jun 16, 2013 wrote:

i now how it feel me cause it was hard for me to but i already got threw it so yea its done and gone with now for me yea and if you see me add me I might be able to help with that my names on is padric raven shield

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
Here is gear that will help you:

Trisky's hood
Trisky's cape
Trisky's boots
A pet with spell proof spell defy pain giver and myth blade and spritley.
A wand with a least 85 universal block.
Wolfs amtheyst claw
The amulet with conviniction and myth blade.
Ring of the hunting wolf
Whatever deck you like but always keep a reshuffle.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
There's likely a set of gear dropped in various parts of CL that grants you same-school near immunity. E.g. Hood of Reverie, Star Wisher's Robe, Boots of Grandiosity* will get you close to 80% myth resist, well enough to shrug off most attacks, so you can concentrate on stun blocks and traps/prism/feint.

*Your choices may be different depending on crafting level and secondary school. Most Myth go balance, death, or life secondary. Choose the Shane MacGobhainn recipe that best fits your needs, e.g. Striders of the Wyrd, Boots of Grandiosity - all have a high amount of myth resist.

Use this gear profile for battling the myth dorks.

As for fire, very little AV gear gives you fire resist. Use Triskelion Ring to block crit efreets and dragons. Use weakness spam to help make DOT spells manageable and survivable. Do shield, but have a backup plan for DOT burn such as extra healing. Many fire mobs at this level also take boosted damage from storm, so if you have a prism you can land 30% bigger hits against a boss.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
i am used to be a level 81 in tree points, the most annoying part in when i had to defeat those fire enemies. it was annoying and hard because i am a fire wiz. it was a pain. most annoying and hope i don't have to fight any ore of those fire enmies.