Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why Is Life So Weak?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2009
24
We all know the Life school has always been the weakest. We were never the school with extra health or really strong spells, or spells that hit all enemies, or DOT spells. But why were we put at the bottom?

I've recently reached level 86 in Azteca, and I can't believe I used to call this world "easy." Well it was until Zultun Dock, Cloudburst Forest, and Alto Alto. I mean, it was a bit of a drastic change in difficulty don't you think?
The Shadow Weaver Gliders are terrible because they Sirens you literally every time you've got all your blades up and are ready to attack. The Shadow Weaver Prowlers are annoying because they will steal your pips and nearly kill you every time you're ready to attack. It takes me forever to complete these fights and they aren't even boss fights. They are mobs. They begin the battle with a ridiculous amount of power pips. I understand why a boss would, but a minion? I think it would at least be fair to let us start with more power pips, too.

So explaining why Azteca has suddenly become so hard, that makes it 10x harder for a Life wizard. Yes, you've given us the healing advantage, but when the enemy starts each round (which they literally always do) you have a higher chance of being defeated before you can heal. I was recently attempting to fight Wanadi Black Sun for one of the Astral school and the fight was terrible. 1: I hate when it's three against one. 2: Forest Lord has got to be the weakest spell ever (exaggerating). I can do the damage the Forest Lord does with a Seraph. When you've put on 5 blades and maybe one trap and the damage is from 2000-3000, it's kind of ridiculous considering a Storm or Fire wizard can have 1 blade and get a 4,000 hit. This weakness makes battles very challenging. Now I normally like a challenge. I used to be the one saying that I don't want the world to be too terribly easy, but this is getting really hard.

Another thing that makes us weaker and makes the gameplay annoying is the criticals. It's not a problem with my critical rating, I get criticals on my attacks and healing spells a lot. But the tool is quite useless since every time I critical an attack, the enemy always blocks it. It's very rare that I can get a critical and end up killing the enemy because he didn't block it.

So suddenly, this game has gone from challenging but fun to difficult (almost impossible sometimes) and stressful. Not that I hate the game, I just need to rant about why I've been so frustrated with it lately.

Thanks for reading (to anyone who actually took the time to read this). If anyone has any tips on how to make the gameplay less stressful and how to raise my damage, I'd appreciate it.
-Brianna SpiritBreeze lvl 86 Life

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
209
Destroya SpiritBre... on Feb 2, 2013 wrote:
We all know the Life school has always been the weakest. We were never the school with extra health or really strong spells, or spells that hit all enemies, or DOT spells. But why were we put at the bottom?

I've recently reached level 86 in Azteca, and I can't believe I used to call this world "easy." Well it was until Zultun Dock, Cloudburst Forest, and Alto Alto. I mean, it was a bit of a drastic change in difficulty don't you think?
The Shadow Weaver Gliders are terrible because they Sirens you literally every time you've got all your blades up and are ready to attack. The Shadow Weaver Prowlers are annoying because they will steal your pips and nearly kill you every time you're ready to attack. It takes me forever to complete these fights and they aren't even boss fights. They are mobs. They begin the battle with a ridiculous amount of power pips. I understand why a boss would, but a minion? I think it would at least be fair to let us start with more power pips, too.

So explaining why Azteca has suddenly become so hard, that makes it 10x harder for a Life wizard. Yes, you've given us the healing advantage, but when the enemy starts each round (which they literally always do) you have a higher chance of being defeated before you can heal. I was recently attempting to fight Wanadi Black Sun for one of the Astral school and the fight was terrible. 1: I hate when it's three against one. 2: Forest Lord has got to be the weakest spell ever (exaggerating). I can do the damage the Forest Lord does with a Seraph. When you've put on 5 blades and maybe one trap and the damage is from 2000-3000, it's kind of ridiculous considering a Storm or Fire wizard can have 1 blade and get a 4,000 hit. This weakness makes battles very challenging. Now I normally like a challenge. I used to be the one saying that I don't want the world to be too terribly easy, but this is getting really hard.

Another thing that makes us weaker and makes the gameplay annoying is the criticals. It's not a problem with my critical rating, I get criticals on my attacks and healing spells a lot. But the tool is quite useless since every time I critical an attack, the enemy always blocks it. It's very rare that I can get a critical and end up killing the enemy because he didn't block it.

So suddenly, this game has gone from challenging but fun to difficult (almost impossible sometimes) and stressful. Not that I hate the game, I just need to rant about why I've been so frustrated with it lately.

Thanks for reading (to anyone who actually took the time to read this). If anyone has any tips on how to make the gameplay less stressful and how to raise my damage, I'd appreciate it.
-Brianna SpiritBreeze lvl 86 Life
I totally agree with you Brianna.
Many wizards have the belligerent attitude that a Life Wizard should only heal....I don't.
you have to fight each and every mob and boss just like every other school and you may not be in a postion to do it with a group.

A life Wizard shouldn't have to spend all their time healing to stay alive, that just makes you a sitting duck as well as being terribly frustrating.

I'm a balnce wizard with Life as my secondary school and I really struggle in AZ. I appreciate my life heals and Seraph etc but I don't have Forest Lord or Gnomes unless I buy TCs. My life spells are actually an advantage against balance enemies but even having a second life deck it is hard going.

Perhaps, you too could create a second deck using your secondary skills, and try buying minion TCs of the opposite school you are fighting (eg Fire minion when you fight Ice).

I've tried many strategies but always end up having to buy Henchmen which is expensive and just plain wrong. Try reading some of the tips and advice here in the forum, it may help.
Good luck to you Brianna on your journey through AZ
James Dreamweaver Lvl 85 Balance

Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
21
Destroya SpiritBre... on Feb 2, 2013 wrote:
We all know the Life school has always been the weakest. We were never the school with extra health or really strong spells, or spells that hit all enemies, or DOT spells. But why were we put at the bottom?

I've recently reached level 86 in Azteca, and I can't believe I used to call this world "easy." Well it was until Zultun Dock, Cloudburst Forest, and Alto Alto. I mean, it was a bit of a drastic change in difficulty don't you think?
The Shadow Weaver Gliders are terrible because they Sirens you literally every time you've got all your blades up and are ready to attack. The Shadow Weaver Prowlers are annoying because they will steal your pips and nearly kill you every time you're ready to attack. It takes me forever to complete these fights and they aren't even boss fights. They are mobs. They begin the battle with a ridiculous amount of power pips. I understand why a boss would, but a minion? I think it would at least be fair to let us start with more power pips, too.

So explaining why Azteca has suddenly become so hard, that makes it 10x harder for a Life wizard. Yes, you've given us the healing advantage, but when the enemy starts each round (which they literally always do) you have a higher chance of being defeated before you can heal. I was recently attempting to fight Wanadi Black Sun for one of the Astral school and the fight was terrible. 1: I hate when it's three against one. 2: Forest Lord has got to be the weakest spell ever (exaggerating). I can do the damage the Forest Lord does with a Seraph. When you've put on 5 blades and maybe one trap and the damage is from 2000-3000, it's kind of ridiculous considering a Storm or Fire wizard can have 1 blade and get a 4,000 hit. This weakness makes battles very challenging. Now I normally like a challenge. I used to be the one saying that I don't want the world to be too terribly easy, but this is getting really hard.

Another thing that makes us weaker and makes the gameplay annoying is the criticals. It's not a problem with my critical rating, I get criticals on my attacks and healing spells a lot. But the tool is quite useless since every time I critical an attack, the enemy always blocks it. It's very rare that I can get a critical and end up killing the enemy because he didn't block it.

So suddenly, this game has gone from challenging but fun to difficult (almost impossible sometimes) and stressful. Not that I hate the game, I just need to rant about why I've been so frustrated with it lately.

Thanks for reading (to anyone who actually took the time to read this). If anyone has any tips on how to make the gameplay less stressful and how to raise my damage, I'd appreciate it.
-Brianna SpiritBreeze lvl 86 Life
Hi christopher hawk here actually life is a huge advantage with health and forest lord works pretty good and will pound those bad guys! you could go to the bazzar in wizard city in olde town to the right and get good clothes
if your life you can heal plus your the second best health school next to ice. me my self as a fire can live only because i have a polymorph tree. if i can live with a polymorph tree you can live much longer you just need to practice i am level 82 almost 83 in azteca yes it is a little annoying but i always either try hard the first time and keep on doing then when i see one of my friends are on i ask them to help me and it always works :) hopes this works :)
also i hope you read all of it cause it has good tips. Christopher Hawk out....... Saying:all is not lost until all is truly abanden

Survivor
Nov 14, 2012
46
Destroya SpiritBre... on Feb 2, 2013 wrote:
We all know the Life school has always been the weakest. We were never the school with extra health or really strong spells, or spells that hit all enemies, or DOT spells. But why were we put at the bottom?

I've recently reached level 86 in Azteca, and I can't believe I used to call this world "easy." Well it was until Zultun Dock, Cloudburst Forest, and Alto Alto. I mean, it was a bit of a drastic change in difficulty don't you think?
The Shadow Weaver Gliders are terrible because they Sirens you literally every time you've got all your blades up and are ready to attack. The Shadow Weaver Prowlers are annoying because they will steal your pips and nearly kill you every time you're ready to attack. It takes me forever to complete these fights and they aren't even boss fights. They are mobs. They begin the battle with a ridiculous amount of power pips. I understand why a boss would, but a minion? I think it would at least be fair to let us start with more power pips, too.

So explaining why Azteca has suddenly become so hard, that makes it 10x harder for a Life wizard. Yes, you've given us the healing advantage, but when the enemy starts each round (which they literally always do) you have a higher chance of being defeated before you can heal. I was recently attempting to fight Wanadi Black Sun for one of the Astral school and the fight was terrible. 1: I hate when it's three against one. 2: Forest Lord has got to be the weakest spell ever (exaggerating). I can do the damage the Forest Lord does with a Seraph. When you've put on 5 blades and maybe one trap and the damage is from 2000-3000, it's kind of ridiculous considering a Storm or Fire wizard can have 1 blade and get a 4,000 hit. This weakness makes battles very challenging. Now I normally like a challenge. I used to be the one saying that I don't want the world to be too terribly easy, but this is getting really hard.

Another thing that makes us weaker and makes the gameplay annoying is the criticals. It's not a problem with my critical rating, I get criticals on my attacks and healing spells a lot. But the tool is quite useless since every time I critical an attack, the enemy always blocks it. It's very rare that I can get a critical and end up killing the enemy because he didn't block it.

So suddenly, this game has gone from challenging but fun to difficult (almost impossible sometimes) and stressful. Not that I hate the game, I just need to rant about why I've been so frustrated with it lately.

Thanks for reading (to anyone who actually took the time to read this). If anyone has any tips on how to make the gameplay less stressful and how to raise my damage, I'd appreciate it.
-Brianna SpiritBreeze lvl 86 Life
I would say the best thing to do is to team up. Btw life has high health points compared to the rest. Yes you only get one Aoe(area of attack), Death only got one too no? until lvl 48(ok deerknight is available to the now)... There are many ways you can increase your damage, you can hatch for an all damage boosting pet, you even got potions... Azteca isn't really easy on all of us. Storm and fire obviously can hit harder since they're the damage dealers remember? The game eventually will get harder, not going backwards and returning to difficulty of unicorn way lol. I think though that it's time we actually get some kind of boost ourselfs... Maybe later finally starting with more than just 2 pips and better gear that is equivalent as our level...

Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
2
Blake Mythmancer here to say a few words: Keep trying you'll learn all their stradegies, i am myth, which is really weak but i beat azteca .

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
Destroya SpiritBre... on Feb 2, 2013 wrote:
We all know the Life school has always been the weakest. We were never the school with extra health or really strong spells, or spells that hit all enemies, or DOT spells. But why were we put at the bottom?

I've recently reached level 86 in Azteca, and I can't believe I used to call this world "easy." Well it was until Zultun Dock, Cloudburst Forest, and Alto Alto. I mean, it was a bit of a drastic change in difficulty don't you think?
The Shadow Weaver Gliders are terrible because they Sirens you literally every time you've got all your blades up and are ready to attack. The Shadow Weaver Prowlers are annoying because they will steal your pips and nearly kill you every time you're ready to attack. It takes me forever to complete these fights and they aren't even boss fights. They are mobs. They begin the battle with a ridiculous amount of power pips. I understand why a boss would, but a minion? I think it would at least be fair to let us start with more power pips, too.

So explaining why Azteca has suddenly become so hard, that makes it 10x harder for a Life wizard. Yes, you've given us the healing advantage, but when the enemy starts each round (which they literally always do) you have a higher chance of being defeated before you can heal. I was recently attempting to fight Wanadi Black Sun for one of the Astral school and the fight was terrible. 1: I hate when it's three against one. 2: Forest Lord has got to be the weakest spell ever (exaggerating). I can do the damage the Forest Lord does with a Seraph. When you've put on 5 blades and maybe one trap and the damage is from 2000-3000, it's kind of ridiculous considering a Storm or Fire wizard can have 1 blade and get a 4,000 hit. This weakness makes battles very challenging. Now I normally like a challenge. I used to be the one saying that I don't want the world to be too terribly easy, but this is getting really hard.

Another thing that makes us weaker and makes the gameplay annoying is the criticals. It's not a problem with my critical rating, I get criticals on my attacks and healing spells a lot. But the tool is quite useless since every time I critical an attack, the enemy always blocks it. It's very rare that I can get a critical and end up killing the enemy because he didn't block it.

So suddenly, this game has gone from challenging but fun to difficult (almost impossible sometimes) and stressful. Not that I hate the game, I just need to rant about why I've been so frustrated with it lately.

Thanks for reading (to anyone who actually took the time to read this). If anyone has any tips on how to make the gameplay less stressful and how to raise my damage, I'd appreciate it.
-Brianna SpiritBreeze lvl 86 Life
I wouldnt say life is weak. They just have a differenty strategy thats all. Life wasnt meant to be a power hitter, but they make up for that by being able to outlast the opponent due to heals and such.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2012
2
Destroya SpiritBre... on Feb 2, 2013 wrote:
We all know the Life school has always been the weakest. We were never the school with extra health or really strong spells, or spells that hit all enemies, or DOT spells. But why were we put at the bottom?

I've recently reached level 86 in Azteca, and I can't believe I used to call this world "easy." Well it was until Zultun Dock, Cloudburst Forest, and Alto Alto. I mean, it was a bit of a drastic change in difficulty don't you think?
The Shadow Weaver Gliders are terrible because they Sirens you literally every time you've got all your blades up and are ready to attack. The Shadow Weaver Prowlers are annoying because they will steal your pips and nearly kill you every time you're ready to attack. It takes me forever to complete these fights and they aren't even boss fights. They are mobs. They begin the battle with a ridiculous amount of power pips. I understand why a boss would, but a minion? I think it would at least be fair to let us start with more power pips, too.

So explaining why Azteca has suddenly become so hard, that makes it 10x harder for a Life wizard. Yes, you've given us the healing advantage, but when the enemy starts each round (which they literally always do) you have a higher chance of being defeated before you can heal. I was recently attempting to fight Wanadi Black Sun for one of the Astral school and the fight was terrible. 1: I hate when it's three against one. 2: Forest Lord has got to be the weakest spell ever (exaggerating). I can do the damage the Forest Lord does with a Seraph. When you've put on 5 blades and maybe one trap and the damage is from 2000-3000, it's kind of ridiculous considering a Storm or Fire wizard can have 1 blade and get a 4,000 hit. This weakness makes battles very challenging. Now I normally like a challenge. I used to be the one saying that I don't want the world to be too terribly easy, but this is getting really hard.

Another thing that makes us weaker and makes the gameplay annoying is the criticals. It's not a problem with my critical rating, I get criticals on my attacks and healing spells a lot. But the tool is quite useless since every time I critical an attack, the enemy always blocks it. It's very rare that I can get a critical and end up killing the enemy because he didn't block it.

So suddenly, this game has gone from challenging but fun to difficult (almost impossible sometimes) and stressful. Not that I hate the game, I just need to rant about why I've been so frustrated with it lately.

Thanks for reading (to anyone who actually took the time to read this). If anyone has any tips on how to make the gameplay less stressful and how to raise my damage, I'd appreciate it.
-Brianna SpiritBreeze lvl 86 Life
Well if you have try upgrading your amor and have a pet that can help out that should be most helpfull if your a solo person. And if your not buy a henchmen, minion,or friend to help you.Rember your not alone, and may the force be with you always.:)

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
13
i feel you should have some more powerful hit spells but think about it! you can have a secondary school, you can keep on healing yourself while you layer up your atacks, and things like that!

so you can stop complaining

Survivor
Mar 01, 2012
1
Yea i get that i mean i am a storm student and i am very weak when i was a low lvl i use to always fizzle
but after i reached about lvl 15 i started getting gear to fill in those gaps and i started to improve
and now i kill the enemy before i do and i carry that technique

  • the point is that starting getting gear or anything that will improve your attack


  • Dylan SoulFlame

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1077
Destroya SpiritBre... on Feb 2, 2013 wrote:
We all know the Life school has always been the weakest. We were never the school with extra health or really strong spells, or spells that hit all enemies, or DOT spells. But why were we put at the bottom?

I've recently reached level 86 in Azteca, and I can't believe I used to call this world "easy." Well it was until Zultun Dock, Cloudburst Forest, and Alto Alto. I mean, it was a bit of a drastic change in difficulty don't you think?
The Shadow Weaver Gliders are terrible because they Sirens you literally every time you've got all your blades up and are ready to attack. The Shadow Weaver Prowlers are annoying because they will steal your pips and nearly kill you every time you're ready to attack. It takes me forever to complete these fights and they aren't even boss fights. They are mobs. They begin the battle with a ridiculous amount of power pips. I understand why a boss would, but a minion? I think it would at least be fair to let us start with more power pips, too.

So explaining why Azteca has suddenly become so hard, that makes it 10x harder for a Life wizard. Yes, you've given us the healing advantage, but when the enemy starts each round (which they literally always do) you have a higher chance of being defeated before you can heal. I was recently attempting to fight Wanadi Black Sun for one of the Astral school and the fight was terrible. 1: I hate when it's three against one. 2: Forest Lord has got to be the weakest spell ever (exaggerating). I can do the damage the Forest Lord does with a Seraph. When you've put on 5 blades and maybe one trap and the damage is from 2000-3000, it's kind of ridiculous considering a Storm or Fire wizard can have 1 blade and get a 4,000 hit. This weakness makes battles very challenging. Now I normally like a challenge. I used to be the one saying that I don't want the world to be too terribly easy, but this is getting really hard.

Another thing that makes us weaker and makes the gameplay annoying is the criticals. It's not a problem with my critical rating, I get criticals on my attacks and healing spells a lot. But the tool is quite useless since every time I critical an attack, the enemy always blocks it. It's very rare that I can get a critical and end up killing the enemy because he didn't block it.

So suddenly, this game has gone from challenging but fun to difficult (almost impossible sometimes) and stressful. Not that I hate the game, I just need to rant about why I've been so frustrated with it lately.

Thanks for reading (to anyone who actually took the time to read this). If anyone has any tips on how to make the gameplay less stressful and how to raise my damage, I'd appreciate it.
-Brianna SpiritBreeze lvl 86 Life
I can certainly understand your frustration. I do not have a Life wizard, however, I'm one of the people who support Life getting more damage boosts instead of more healing boosts. So many people say that Life's primary function is to heal, but I disagree. It was easier in the first arc (Wizard City thru Dragonspyre), but since then, the game has changed and some schools are left behind, especially Life and Balance. Neither can be just a support school any more. Each has to be able to do damage as well, and that is lacking in a serious way.

The gear since WaterWorks just doesn't hold up, and if you do find something you like for damage boost, then other stats will suffer greatly, making you just as vulnerable.

What kind of gear are you using? What type and what stats are your pet? If you post here, someone might be able to make better suggestions for you.

I know that grouping is not always possible, but each wizard needs to be able to solo if necessary, and that's getting difficult for many, mainly because of the gear available.

My Ice has soloed the entire game. Even with low base spell damage, I was able to survive because of my high health (6127) and resist (84 Fire, 80 Storm, 51 to all others).

My Balance is another matter. I do struggle with her in Azteca. Sometimes she has to solo, as there is no one else around to quest with, so I have my 'fighting gear', in which I have 70 damage boost, 42 resist to all, not the best crit block, low critical, and my healing is about 67%. If I'm grouping with friends, then I use my 'support gear', which drastically lowers my damage boost to 27, no critical, but I can have 59 resist across the board, really high block, excellent power pips, and can get 119% healing.

Most of the time I use WW gear, but I do switch boots, wands, athames, and rings to what I need at the time. I do keep several sets of gear in my backpack for Balance, and the same goes for my other wizards.

I wish you luck, and hope I can help further.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
4
I have seen some life wizards do some good damage as well, I dont think the life tree was meant to really do as much damage as storm or fire, but life wizards can restore an entire group to full health and no other school can do that. It keeps balance in the game. Take a look at your gear, your deck and level up your pet because they can help. Ive soloed AZ on both my Storm and Life wiz, but AZ is just hard overall no matter what school you are.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
191
If anyone has any tips on how to make the gameplay less stressful and how to raise my damage, I'd appreciate it.

Life can be tweaked to deal a hefty amount of damage. It isn't easy but its not impossible too because I was able to do it and soloed most of AZ. Check my post at https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/game/8ad6a41c3afe62ca013b1a1d593f63ae
  • Pet talents. This is the most efficient way of pumping up your damage stat. Look for talents like Pain giver (1% to +8% Any Damage), Life Giver (+1% to +8% Life Damage) and Life bringer (+1% to +12% Life Damage). Squeeze in spritely/unicorn/fairy and spell defy/proof too to make a well rounded pet. But finding/training for these talents requires a lot of patience on your part. Also, go for pets that gives a blade (life/dragon) or feint.
  • +40 Spirit Blade Treasure Cards. At any level you can buy this at the WC library at 450 per piece. It's the most efficient sideboard draw that not only pumps your life damage but also keeps you from stalling when in a fight. I can still see a lot of players not using them at AZ and from it I can tell why most players I've first met in random groups wonder how I can bring so much damage in group battles.
  • focus on athames (level 76 crafted one) & rings (level 76 drop named after a lady of the lake) that pumps damage.
  • At level 86, you already have access to sharpened blade and potent trap. Learn how to efficiently stack with the already fat blades of life school. Train for feint and throw in at least 2 pcs of it in your deck plus one potent trap. Boss fights are easy with a 70/80 feint on their heads.
  • Gear. this i leave to you. You have more damage with the WW set but leaves you with a very poor critical block. With a proper wand you can remedy it though. I choose AV/AZ gears over them because it it fits my play style (critical rate/block).
  • Healing is your strength so use it. Critical rate and sanctuary with a healing pet is your best friend. But only heal enough not always

Survivor
May 24, 2009
24
BrynnerOfReign on Feb 4, 2013 wrote:
I can certainly understand your frustration. I do not have a Life wizard, however, I'm one of the people who support Life getting more damage boosts instead of more healing boosts. So many people say that Life's primary function is to heal, but I disagree. It was easier in the first arc (Wizard City thru Dragonspyre), but since then, the game has changed and some schools are left behind, especially Life and Balance. Neither can be just a support school any more. Each has to be able to do damage as well, and that is lacking in a serious way.

The gear since WaterWorks just doesn't hold up, and if you do find something you like for damage boost, then other stats will suffer greatly, making you just as vulnerable.

What kind of gear are you using? What type and what stats are your pet? If you post here, someone might be able to make better suggestions for you.

I know that grouping is not always possible, but each wizard needs to be able to solo if necessary, and that's getting difficult for many, mainly because of the gear available.

My Ice has soloed the entire game. Even with low base spell damage, I was able to survive because of my high health (6127) and resist (84 Fire, 80 Storm, 51 to all others).

My Balance is another matter. I do struggle with her in Azteca. Sometimes she has to solo, as there is no one else around to quest with, so I have my 'fighting gear', in which I have 70 damage boost, 42 resist to all, not the best crit block, low critical, and my healing is about 67%. If I'm grouping with friends, then I use my 'support gear', which drastically lowers my damage boost to 27, no critical, but I can have 59 resist across the board, really high block, excellent power pips, and can get 119% healing.

Most of the time I use WW gear, but I do switch boots, wands, athames, and rings to what I need at the time. I do keep several sets of gear in my backpack for Balance, and the same goes for my other wizards.

I wish you luck, and hope I can help further.
Azteca has actually gotten easier for me since I posted this, and when I got Spinysaur (which is the spell of my dreams) the gameplay became much easier to handle.

Unlike most recommendations, I have no Waterworks gear and I don't intend to play a whole dungeon just to get them. The hat and robe I have are both from Wintertusk, level 56 gear but it holds up pretty well. The Vibrant Chieftains Helm I use for mob fights gives me + 280 health and a Lifeblade, with powerpips, resist, and boosted Life damage. I do not use it as much anymore. I mainly use the Helm of the Banneret (or what I like to call my "boss hat") which gives me +440 health and a Spirit Trap.
My robe is the Chief's Garb of Strength that give me +382 health and a Life Trap, with boosted incoming health and critical block.

The boots I have are the Boot's of the Archmage from the crowns shop that give me +300 health, a Sharpened Blade, power pips, resist, critical block, and boosted incoming health and damage.
My wand gives me +60% critical block, my amulet gives me +407 health, my ring gives me a good amount of boosted health, mana, and incoming health. My pet doesn't do much for me besides give me a Dragonblade. He does not cast Spritely like other pets, but I don't have time to train a pet that may or may not get the ability.

I've stopped searching for gear based on critical rating because that basically does nothing these days, unless KingsIsle changes that in the next world. My total health is 5042, with pretty high Storm, Fire, and Ice block ratings (My spirit school block ratings suffer from this, but I have an amulet recipe that can craft a ring that does the same thing.) My Life damage is 45, not the highest it can be but if I try really hard I can get over 50,000 damage with Spinysaur. I've focused my health ratings on incoming so I can heal myself better. (because lawl who cares about other people's health)(that was a joke, I care but I don't want to die)

I just finished Xibalba today and even though I'd rather quest alone, I finished it with one other person and only died once throughout the Malistaire the Undying fight (they were picking on me so I fled and came back.)

I have also learned Sharpened Blade and Potent trap that really double my blades and traps.
Thank you for all of the ideas and responses. Some of them helped!
-Brianna SpiritBreeze Promethean Life

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1359
Life is a team school... That's why life and ice are difficult if they are your first schools...

And everyone -- stop complaining... I understand you all find this difficult, and I respect it, but now whenever I go into this forum all I see it "is azteca hard?" "Too difficult!" "What was KI thinking?!" and all these threads ranting about difficulty...

Just stop talking about it as a difficult world, because you've already proved your point...