Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What happened to Sylvia?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
46
Malistaire comes back to life, but he doesn't once mention his wife. Last time we killed him, he died peacefully and went away with Sylvia. But now he seems to have forgotten her. He wouldn't forget her easily, so he must be under a really powerful spell or something. What do you think happened

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
496
dr6g0n on Apr 22, 2013 wrote:
Malistaire comes back to life, but he doesn't once mention his wife. Last time we killed him, he died peacefully and went away with Sylvia. But now he seems to have forgotten her. He wouldn't forget her easily, so he must be under a really powerful spell or something. What do you think happened
We think that Morganthe is controlling what he says.

Historian
May 06, 2009
630
dr6g0n on Apr 22, 2013 wrote:
Malistaire comes back to life, but he doesn't once mention his wife. Last time we killed him, he died peacefully and went away with Sylvia. But now he seems to have forgotten her. He wouldn't forget her easily, so he must be under a really powerful spell or something. What do you think happened
I think in the final world this question will be answered. Morganthe has somehow clouded his mind. Not so much the rage part, lol he absolutely hates us. But she's made him forget himself. If he appears if the final world, I sure this will be answered. If not, looks like we've got a new Third Arc to do!

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
406
dr6g0n on Apr 22, 2013 wrote:
Malistaire comes back to life, but he doesn't once mention his wife. Last time we killed him, he died peacefully and went away with Sylvia. But now he seems to have forgotten her. He wouldn't forget her easily, so he must be under a really powerful spell or something. What do you think happened
Hate comsumes all reason, and he really hates us.

Historian
Jul 28, 2011
600
I don't think he really comes back to life, I think he is maybe raised from the undead. And Sylvia I guess isn't raised from the undead, and he doesn't remember her because he is a zombie now :P. I'm guessing when we defeat him, he will trurn back to normal, and be with Sylvia again

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
230
Morganthe might be using real scientific stuff to control Malistare.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2013
1
Maybe when we killed him he went to have a happy life with Sylvia?

Survivor
May 03, 2010
6
See, Malistaire is, in my mind, the SADDEST part of Azteca. Allow me to explain through a convenient list.

1. We killed him in Dragonspyre, and he and Sylvia vanished together- both going to their same afterlife to rest.
2. Morganthe decided that letting people who do evil for love rest is boring and made Malistaire The Undying.
3. Now, I believe Malistaire's cheat explains his villiany- he's untouchable. He can't go back to Sylvia- until Morganthe releases his soul.
4. Malistaire's ONE GOAL in life is to be with Sylvia- imagine living life knowing you can never go do the one thing you want to do as well as have your every action controlled by Morganthe who does evil for... well, we don't really know yet, so we'll say because she hates Ambrose.
5. I believe these contributed to his rage- enter PC- we fight.
6. We find he can't be hurt. How to solve the problem? Fling him into space.
7. Malistaire is now in space. He dies, right? WRONG. He's invincible.
8. He still wants to be with Sylvia.
9. Sylvia wants to be with him.
10. She's in the afterlife, unable to return.
11. He's in space/ spiral stuff, unable to die.
12. They can never see each other again.

I may be jumping to conclusions, but Morganthe is a terrible person. We should fling her into space forever so Malistaire can force her to break the curse, letting him die again and be with Sylvia and then Morganthe's in space. Unless Morganthe has even more crazy backstory, which makes her morally ambiguous...
Has anyone made a video with Malistaire and the Space Core from Portal 2 yet, by the way? Because that needs to happen. Now.

Anyway, in conclusion. That's what happened to Sylvia- she's forced to be parted from Malistaire and vica versa due to Morganthe's evilly-ness.

Here's to Sylvia and Malistaire- we love you guys, and we (hopefully) will get you back together soon.

Alejandro Trollcatcher, Rank X Boss

Explorer
Jun 30, 2013
53
Morganthe must have either taken control of him or he hates us so much that he doesn't even care about Sylvia anymore.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
201
dr6g0n on Apr 22, 2013 wrote:
Malistaire comes back to life, but he doesn't once mention his wife. Last time we killed him, he died peacefully and went away with Sylvia. But now he seems to have forgotten her. He wouldn't forget her easily, so he must be under a really powerful spell or something. What do you think happened
Somehow, we got on his bad side (don't understand why), but apparently, he can't accept the fact he is dead and peaceful with his wife because we made him so mad.

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
148
DaMiniTroll on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:
See, Malistaire is, in my mind, the SADDEST part of Azteca. Allow me to explain through a convenient list.

1. We killed him in Dragonspyre, and he and Sylvia vanished together- both going to their same afterlife to rest.
2. Morganthe decided that letting people who do evil for love rest is boring and made Malistaire The Undying.
3. Now, I believe Malistaire's cheat explains his villiany- he's untouchable. He can't go back to Sylvia- until Morganthe releases his soul.
4. Malistaire's ONE GOAL in life is to be with Sylvia- imagine living life knowing you can never go do the one thing you want to do as well as have your every action controlled by Morganthe who does evil for... well, we don't really know yet, so we'll say because she hates Ambrose.
5. I believe these contributed to his rage- enter PC- we fight.
6. We find he can't be hurt. How to solve the problem? Fling him into space.
7. Malistaire is now in space. He dies, right? WRONG. He's invincible.
8. He still wants to be with Sylvia.
9. Sylvia wants to be with him.
10. She's in the afterlife, unable to return.
11. He's in space/ spiral stuff, unable to die.
12. They can never see each other again.

I may be jumping to conclusions, but Morganthe is a terrible person. We should fling her into space forever so Malistaire can force her to break the curse, letting him die again and be with Sylvia and then Morganthe's in space. Unless Morganthe has even more crazy backstory, which makes her morally ambiguous...
Has anyone made a video with Malistaire and the Space Core from Portal 2 yet, by the way? Because that needs to happen. Now.

Anyway, in conclusion. That's what happened to Sylvia- she's forced to be parted from Malistaire and vica versa due to Morganthe's evilly-ness.

Here's to Sylvia and Malistaire- we love you guys, and we (hopefully) will get you back together soon.

Alejandro Trollcatcher, Rank X Boss
ok... just one question... why whould you love mallistare he tried to kill us and he tried to destroy the wourld over his wife. he cause chaos threw wizard city, krokotopia, marleybone, mooshu. and most of all, dragonspyre.
he ended so many lives, just to attempt to revive one person.
a couple of other reasons...
1 he hates us
2 he hates us
3 he hates us
4 he hates us
5 he tried to kill us in 6 worlds
6 did I mention, he hates us??

now I don't blame you for likeing Sylvia.
Justin fire thief level 81

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
83
the mythonator on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
ok... just one question... why whould you love mallistare he tried to kill us and he tried to destroy the wourld over his wife. he cause chaos threw wizard city, krokotopia, marleybone, mooshu. and most of all, dragonspyre.
he ended so many lives, just to attempt to revive one person.
a couple of other reasons...
1 he hates us
2 he hates us
3 he hates us
4 he hates us
5 he tried to kill us in 6 worlds
6 did I mention, he hates us??

now I don't blame you for likeing Sylvia.
Justin fire thief level 81
Because he's only evil because he wants his wife back. He just couldn't accept she is gone.

Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
94
That wasn't malistare, morganthe was controlling him. How I figured that out is by looking at his personality, I mean when you beat him in DS, didn't he thank you for taking him to his wife? Now, he hates you to the deepest part of his soul.

Roberto Angleblade
Grandmaster Theurgist

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
19
I think that his spirit is at rest with his wife, but his body, which morganthe stole and gave it a evil soul to betray them and us. Idk makes sense to me

Kyle 87

Explorer
Oct 29, 2011
55
Malistaire is the strongest death wizard there is and Morganthe wanted him as he can revive the dead, so Morganthe seperated him from Sylvia and cursed him making him never die just as daminitroll stated, i think that would be it.
Hopefully we'll know in the next world

- Anthony Mistblade, Lvl.90
Glorious Gold archon
Waterworks warrior
Briskbreeze champion
Beat Xibalba and tower of the helephant, and the marleybone geographical tower.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2926
DaMiniTroll on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:
See, Malistaire is, in my mind, the SADDEST part of Azteca. Allow me to explain through a convenient list.

1. We killed him in Dragonspyre, and he and Sylvia vanished together- both going to their same afterlife to rest.
2. Morganthe decided that letting people who do evil for love rest is boring and made Malistaire The Undying.
3. Now, I believe Malistaire's cheat explains his villiany- he's untouchable. He can't go back to Sylvia- until Morganthe releases his soul.
4. Malistaire's ONE GOAL in life is to be with Sylvia- imagine living life knowing you can never go do the one thing you want to do as well as have your every action controlled by Morganthe who does evil for... well, we don't really know yet, so we'll say because she hates Ambrose.
5. I believe these contributed to his rage- enter PC- we fight.
6. We find he can't be hurt. How to solve the problem? Fling him into space.
7. Malistaire is now in space. He dies, right? WRONG. He's invincible.
8. He still wants to be with Sylvia.
9. Sylvia wants to be with him.
10. She's in the afterlife, unable to return.
11. He's in space/ spiral stuff, unable to die.
12. They can never see each other again.

I may be jumping to conclusions, but Morganthe is a terrible person. We should fling her into space forever so Malistaire can force her to break the curse, letting him die again and be with Sylvia and then Morganthe's in space. Unless Morganthe has even more crazy backstory, which makes her morally ambiguous...
Has anyone made a video with Malistaire and the Space Core from Portal 2 yet, by the way? Because that needs to happen. Now.

Anyway, in conclusion. That's what happened to Sylvia- she's forced to be parted from Malistaire and vica versa due to Morganthe's evilly-ness.

Here's to Sylvia and Malistaire- we love you guys, and we (hopefully) will get you back together soon.

Alejandro Trollcatcher, Rank X Boss
you are my new best friend.



my theory is that, whether directly or not, morganthe had something to do with sylvia's death:

1) morganthe used the info she stole from merle in ghost avalon as a means to her own end;
2) sylvia tried to intervene, so morganthe killed her and made it so that she couldn't be revived.
3) mally was mad that he couldn't revive her (cue first arc plot bunnies);
4) morganthe doesn't want them together for whatever reason and revives mally, forces him to serve her.

OR

1) sylvia died a completely-natural death;
2) mally was mad that he couldn't revive her and thus imprisoned her soul in a wraith's body;
3) morganthe was close to sylvia and was angry with mally for the wraith incident;
4) she steals the info from ambrose (like in ghost av) and waits until mally dies;
5) morganthe revives mally as punishment for turning sylvia into a wraith;

6) after a battle of epic proportions, mally makes his peace with the player character and helps us overthrow that crazy woman.

7) morganthe is defeated by mally, sylvia, and the player character. upon return to ravenwood, all is forgiven and merle lifts the curse morganthe placed on mally, so he can return to sylvia again.

-

but, for now, he's just twirling around in space somewhere... likely scaring the aliens with his face.



-v.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
4
i agree. before you make bosses you should review the storyline first. I thought Sylvia and Malistaire "moved on". i mean, we already had to kill the guy, hasn't he been through enough?

Connor Redshield
Lord of the Falling Sky
Wielder of the Sword of Kings
Master of Fire
Waterworks Warrior
Lvl 90

Explorer
Nov 24, 2010
83
Sylvia did not die naturally die, nor did Morganthe kill her. I remember from dialogue I read that Sylvia died from a common cold, but I still just don't know why he suddenly goes back to his old self and now with Morganthe. That Azteca finale made my heart jump and go all, "no way!!!"

MS lvl 90

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2926
dumbug23 on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:
Sylvia did not die naturally die, nor did Morganthe kill her. I remember from dialogue I read that Sylvia died from a common cold, but I still just don't know why he suddenly goes back to his old self and now with Morganthe. That Azteca finale made my heart jump and go all, "no way!!!"

MS lvl 90
when i saw the cut-scene, i died (of happiness) a little inside. but i am still convinced that morganthe had something to do with sylvia's death, whether directly or not.

based on his sudden anger/hatred towards the player character, i suspect that malistaire is angry because he and morganthe both know that sylvia did not die from sickness; there's no way the world's greatest life professor died from a common cold, unless it was man-made... and, since death deals in poisoning, perhaps either mally or morganthe (perhaps both of them) is the guilty one.
Important questions:who is morganthe, really?
what is she hiding? what is her tie to malistaire?why would he join her, after all of the trouble he (and we) went to?

sylvia as a common link between them makes total sense. and something tells me that mally is not a willing participant in this morganthe business.

*triumphant music*

or what if sylvia's death was a setup to start with?
the suspense is... wait for it... killing me!



-v.

promethean and
lady of the falling sky
master of balance/death
awesome sauce-erer
malistaire minion
&bad fan-fic writer.

s p e l l b o u n d
"this love kills slowly, poisons everything in its path... but such is the cruelty of unlife.
"

Survivor
May 24, 2013
7
Dr Von on Oct 7, 2013 wrote:
when i saw the cut-scene, i died (of happiness) a little inside. but i am still convinced that morganthe had something to do with sylvia's death, whether directly or not.

based on his sudden anger/hatred towards the player character, i suspect that malistaire is angry because he and morganthe both know that sylvia did not die from sickness; there's no way the world's greatest life professor died from a common cold, unless it was man-made... and, since death deals in poisoning, perhaps either mally or morganthe (perhaps both of them) is the guilty one.
Important questions:who is morganthe, really?
what is she hiding? what is her tie to malistaire?why would he join her, after all of the trouble he (and we) went to?

sylvia as a common link between them makes total sense. and something tells me that mally is not a willing participant in this morganthe business.

*triumphant music*

or what if sylvia's death was a setup to start with?
the suspense is... wait for it... killing me!



-v.

promethean and
lady of the falling sky
master of balance/death
awesome sauce-erer
malistaire minion
&bad fan-fic writer.

s p e l l b o u n d
"this love kills slowly, poisons everything in its path... but such is the cruelty of unlife.
"
I see what your going in, but Mally loved her to death (no pun intended ^-^') I can not see him killing her. Morganthe on the other hand I can see.


Molly Rainmask lvl 60

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2926
Rainstorm286 on Oct 8, 2013 wrote:
I see what your going in, but Mally loved her to death (no pun intended ^-^') I can not see him killing her. Morganthe on the other hand I can see.


Molly Rainmask lvl 60
yes, yes he did... but what that relationship was threatened by something... or someone?
and what if, say, mally decided that, if he couldn't have sylvia, then no one would?

*cue dragonspyre combat theme*

or, if sylvia did die of natural causes... if mally truly loved her, then he wouldn't want to watch her suffer through the "illness"... maybe he thought that he was protecting her, or sparing her (and himself) the pain; perhaps he and/or morganthe got into things they shouldn't have, and sylvia's death was just a nasty side effect of meddling in things better left undisturbed.

i could be entirely wrong, but it's fun to speculate.



s p e l l b o u n d

"sometimes, it's best to leave that which is dead and buried... er, dead and buried."

Survivor
Oct 11, 2011
23
dr6g0n on Apr 22, 2013 wrote:
Malistaire comes back to life, but he doesn't once mention his wife. Last time we killed him, he died peacefully and went away with Sylvia. But now he seems to have forgotten her. He wouldn't forget her easily, so he must be under a really powerful spell or something. What do you think happened
well it does say malistaire in in azteca is the undead minion or something like that.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2012
32
My theory is Morganthe poisoned Sylvia and Malistar doesn't know who to blame. (DS fight) Now he realized who poisoned her and Morganthe puts Malistare under a spell.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
32
My guess is that Malistaire the Undying is some kind of Wraith. I believe that Wraiths are not an entire person's spirit, but only the embodiment of their negative emotions like hatred, anger, and malice.

Remember that Malistaire had once tried to bring Sylvia back as a Wraith, but in her Wraith form even Sylvia was evil and attacked our wizard.

So basically, I think the undead creature the Morganthe revived is not the entire Malistaire, but only an undead embodiment of his wicked side. The portion of his spirit that was repentant and at peace may be trapped within the evil physical form of Malistaire the Undying. If we destroy Malistaire the Undying, perhaps we will set Malistaire's true spirit free, similar to what happened when we defeated the wraith of Sylvia Drake.

Survivor
May 24, 2013
7
Dr Von on Oct 12, 2013 wrote:
yes, yes he did... but what that relationship was threatened by something... or someone?
and what if, say, mally decided that, if he couldn't have sylvia, then no one would?

*cue dragonspyre combat theme*

or, if sylvia did die of natural causes... if mally truly loved her, then he wouldn't want to watch her suffer through the "illness"... maybe he thought that he was protecting her, or sparing her (and himself) the pain; perhaps he and/or morganthe got into things they shouldn't have, and sylvia's death was just a nasty side effect of meddling in things better left undisturbed.

i could be entirely wrong, but it's fun to speculate.



s p e l l b o u n d

"sometimes, it's best to leave that which is dead and buried... er, dead and buried."
I don't know either. Lets just wait till the next world and hopefully get some answer about all this mess.

Molly Rainmask lvl 64