Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rumors About Azteca

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 24, 2012
8
Okay so I'm really interested in Azteca and I've been reading some bad comments about it. Is it really that bad?

Keena Lightrider Level 17 Balance Wizard

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4938
HeyItzKenna on Feb 7, 2013 wrote:
Okay so I'm really interested in Azteca and I've been reading some bad comments about it. Is it really that bad?

Keena Lightrider Level 17 Balance Wizard
At level 17 I wouldn't worry about it.
Each world has been met with criticism upon release. Some enjoy Azteca and some don't. You won't know how you'll feel about until you get there yourself. A long time from now. :)

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2926
HeyItzKenna on Feb 7, 2013 wrote:
Okay so I'm really interested in Azteca and I've been reading some bad comments about it. Is it really that bad?

Keena Lightrider Level 17 Balance Wizard
my balance wizard struggled at times, but was lucky enough to have good friends who were ready and willing to help, if she needed it. but i soloed parts of it as well, and having a good deck setup made all the difference.

it depends on you and your play-style~ consider your gear, stats, and the resources available to you, and choose wisely.

-von
90 balance, 83 death, 64 storm, the rest.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2010
50
I wouldn't call it bad. Though it certainly is a challenge. I am only in the second area but I am finding this to be my second favorite world already (1st is Celestia). I have died twice at mob battles and at least four times at boss battles but I'm OK with that as it brings a fresh new look on my deck and gear. At times it can be stressful but the main thing you need to remember is that it's NOT impossible. I wouldn't go as far to say that I'm a hardcore player but i wouldn't say I'm casual either, sort of in the middle.

It is a world where you need to get used to it first, but once you get into it, you love it. I'm not complaining about all of the negative comments as I fully understand their reason for not liking it.

Hope this clears some things up for you.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
61
I love it. I have soloed since zafaria and I just finished azteca, well to my knowledge I have. it is a great challenge.let me know if i can help. Saffron Angeldust life 90

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
83
I am in the Cenote in Azteca, and it isn't that bad! My 1st favorite world is Avalon, 2st is Dragonspyre, and 3rd is Azteca! (so far) But I agree with RavenLady777, no worries yet

Jonathan Frogheart - Archmage Thaumaturge

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
71
Don't worry. It's not that bad. Plus, being your level (no offense or anything, you're a good level :) you really shouldn't worry about it. Worry about Marelybone. It was annoying. Veery.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1359
It's not bad, well, not until you get to the Grim Calaca's... (They have to most health as an average mob. 6k if I remember correctly?)

Defender
Dec 31, 2010
121
Don't worry about it……yet…..you've got a long way to go :)

It is extremely difficult, but this one's gotten the most bad rap of all the previous worlds. When Zafaria came out people blew their heads off (i almost did myself at Belloq)…..now….

However even though people are giving up and fighting and debating, there are the few that made it out alive that can help out :)

Good luck to all,

Keira Dreamleaf

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
496
Rony The Turtle on Mar 4, 2013 wrote:
It's not bad, well, not until you get to the Grim Calaca's... (They have to most health as an average mob. 6k if I remember correctly?)
Yeah fighting Grim Calaca's can be a nightmare. They have overpowered pips and health, as well as spell mutations. Its just ridiculous.

www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Grim_Calaca

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
22
popcicool7777777 on Mar 7, 2013 wrote:
Yeah fighting Grim Calaca's can be a nightmare. They have overpowered pips and health, as well as spell mutations. Its just ridiculous.

www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Grim_Calaca
true agree and extremely ridculous but through storm one in floading mountian was extremely extreme (people told me chance there heath more then normal storm heath but one in floading mountian most extreme because both high amount of heath as ice (but attack extremely annoying spam lot of high hit damage attack on tempest spell) so, also use there enfleeable too

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
63
popcicool7777777 on Mar 7, 2013 wrote:
Yeah fighting Grim Calaca's can be a nightmare. They have overpowered pips and health, as well as spell mutations. Its just ridiculous.

www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Grim_Calaca
And let's not forget about these "lovely" creatures... >_<

www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Kronosaur

I mean seriously, I have no idea why KI would think it'd would be a good idea to have us fight creatures with health in the 6,000s, whilst casting Lord of Winter and Frost Giant like it's going out of style! And if you compare Frost Demon (another spell they like to cast a lot) with Fire's Helephant, you'll find out that it does the exact same amount of damage with better accuracy. Now, 5% increase in accuracy may not sound like much, but let's also consider that Iceblade is +40% vs. Fire's 35%, Ice Trap is 30% vs. Fire's 25% and Ice's global spell is +35% vs. Fire's 25%. Overall, if an Ice enemy we're to cast Frost Demon with just two of the aforementioned buffs, then we're looking at an ICE enemy that's casting a spell stronger than Fire's...with 2,000+ more health points to boot!

If you (or anyone else) takes time to look at past threads, the reason why people, well, basically hate Azteca isn't because of the music, story line, or anything like that, it's the fact that KI upped the difficulty so much that even people with high-level gears, pets, etc. had trouble with this new world (and even buddying up didn't ease the difficulty enough in many cases). You could combine your gear in any way and it wouldn't help because the enemies there, especially the Rank 13/Elite ones, have more health and Pips than you and will not hesitant to cast a Rank 8+ spell on you (a lot of times, with critical), completely knocking you out before round two or three. Please keep in mind that I'm not talking about bosses here but regular mobs.

Oh, and if you're planning on crafting the gear there, be prepared to stay in Azteca longer because you have to farm bosses in order to get a treasure card called Potent Trap to complete your Transcendent crafting quest, then you'll have to farm many bosses to get a few pieces of Turquoise need to craft many gears. The dropped and bought gears there are basically a failure (even some of the crafted pieces of gear aren't worth it) and in my opinion, Wintertusk was the last world to have decent bought or dropped gears available.

I sincerely hope that by the time you get there, KI would've wised up and fixed the difficulty mess with Azteca so any worlds after CL will cease to be ghost worlds. Take it from someone who has finished Azteca.

Survivor
May 22, 2011
2
It's actually fun in Azteca and i'm only half way through

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
105
Its kind of fun actually...I just don't fancy dying that much lol. Its not cool to die before you even get to use a single spell..but oh well.
My stats aren't the greatest but am crawling through lol...
Question: What is considered the half way point in Azteca?
Lol your already thinking about Azteca?

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
29
Azteca is certainly difficult, there's no denying that. However, with a little patience and strategy,(and maybe a friend or 2) you can breeze through it. There are parts though, that DID make me wanna throw the computer out the window (I'm looking at you, OP ice/storm bosses, beak breakers and belloq)

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
29
Energeia on Mar 18, 2013 wrote:
And let's not forget about these "lovely" creatures... >_<

www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Kronosaur

I mean seriously, I have no idea why KI would think it'd would be a good idea to have us fight creatures with health in the 6,000s, whilst casting Lord of Winter and Frost Giant like it's going out of style! And if you compare Frost Demon (another spell they like to cast a lot) with Fire's Helephant, you'll find out that it does the exact same amount of damage with better accuracy. Now, 5% increase in accuracy may not sound like much, but let's also consider that Iceblade is +40% vs. Fire's 35%, Ice Trap is 30% vs. Fire's 25% and Ice's global spell is +35% vs. Fire's 25%. Overall, if an Ice enemy we're to cast Frost Demon with just two of the aforementioned buffs, then we're looking at an ICE enemy that's casting a spell stronger than Fire's...with 2,000+ more health points to boot!

If you (or anyone else) takes time to look at past threads, the reason why people, well, basically hate Azteca isn't because of the music, story line, or anything like that, it's the fact that KI upped the difficulty so much that even people with high-level gears, pets, etc. had trouble with this new world (and even buddying up didn't ease the difficulty enough in many cases). You could combine your gear in any way and it wouldn't help because the enemies there, especially the Rank 13/Elite ones, have more health and Pips than you and will not hesitant to cast a Rank 8+ spell on you (a lot of times, with critical), completely knocking you out before round two or three. Please keep in mind that I'm not talking about bosses here but regular mobs.

Oh, and if you're planning on crafting the gear there, be prepared to stay in Azteca longer because you have to farm bosses in order to get a treasure card called Potent Trap to complete your Transcendent crafting quest, then you'll have to farm many bosses to get a few pieces of Turquoise need to craft many gears. The dropped and bought gears there are basically a failure (even some of the crafted pieces of gear aren't worth it) and in my opinion, Wintertusk was the last world to have decent bought or dropped gears available.

I sincerely hope that by the time you get there, KI would've wised up and fixed the difficulty mess with Azteca so any worlds after CL will cease to be ghost worlds. Take it from someone who has finished Azteca.
Even worse when yer ice, too. *cough*
Gabby

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
439
HeyItzKenna on Feb 7, 2013 wrote:
Okay so I'm really interested in Azteca and I've been reading some bad comments about it. Is it really that bad?

Keena Lightrider Level 17 Balance Wizard
Azteca isn't bad, some people think that it is too hard, but you need good block and resist if you want to make it through, and i wouldn't worry about it at level 17, I would worry about it at level 80.

Adam Wintersinger Level 90 Thaumaturge (Totally the level to worry about the next world)

Wolf Strongbright, Level 79 Theurgist (Almost the level to worry about Azteca O:)

Luke Dragonblood, Level 40 Sorcerer (Not the level to worry about Azteca)

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
169
Azteca was a good world, it just takes time vs the fights earlier. Sure, their are some hard fights and easy fights like like all worlds. you will be ready when you get there.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
8
PersonOfLife on Mar 3, 2013 wrote:
Don't worry. It's not that bad. Plus, being your level (no offense or anything, you're a good level :) you really shouldn't worry about it. Worry about Marelybone. It was annoying. Veery.
Indeed it is. VEERY annoying. The sidewalks and stuff aren't even real. I always got pulled in fights while walking on the sidewalks.

- Dakota Level 87

Defender
Mar 16, 2011
100
Rony The Turtle on Mar 4, 2013 wrote:
It's not bad, well, not until you get to the Grim Calaca's... (They have to most health as an average mob. 6k if I remember correctly?)
dont forget the kronosaurs in pich black lake w/ 6,150 health