Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Officially at my wits' end in Azteca.

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2923
I'm an archmage Balance wizard. As we speak, I'm trying and failing to get my level 88 spell~ I've already died 4 times in the process, and I just can't bring myself to try again.

I'm outmanned, outclassed, underpowered... facing 3 bosses (balance and ice) who all start with 14 pips, have first-cast advantage, and mana burn/chain-stun like crazy. I can't dispel or block fast enough, nor can I put enough in my deck, to keep up with them. And I'm expected to do it alone~ friends can't help; I don't have crowns for henchman; needless to say, I'm starting to lose hope and, for the first time, I'm starting to think that, perhaps, I'll never finish Azteca. I'm just not "hardcore" enough.

Most players like me quit somewhere between Dragonspyre and Celestia, either out of sheer frustration or because they lack the experience to move forward. I don't lack strategy~ I lack patience for tasks that require job-length hours and are impossible to complete. I don't like PvP, and I don't want to use a PvP mindset in PvE... I shouldn't have to. A game shouldn't be stressful~ it should be fun. Isn't that the point?

KI needs to remember that they created this game for casual gamers, not professional/hardcore players~ if those people want a challenge, they can create one (no gear, etc), but don't make us casual players suffer for it.

Seriously thinking of pulling both subs and hanging up my wizarding hats for good.

-von

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
Dr Von on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
I'm an archmage Balance wizard. As we speak, I'm trying and failing to get my level 88 spell~ I've already died 4 times in the process, and I just can't bring myself to try again.

I'm outmanned, outclassed, underpowered... facing 3 bosses (balance and ice) who all start with 14 pips, have first-cast advantage, and mana burn/chain-stun like crazy. I can't dispel or block fast enough, nor can I put enough in my deck, to keep up with them. And I'm expected to do it alone~ friends can't help; I don't have crowns for henchman; needless to say, I'm starting to lose hope and, for the first time, I'm starting to think that, perhaps, I'll never finish Azteca. I'm just not "hardcore" enough.

Most players like me quit somewhere between Dragonspyre and Celestia, either out of sheer frustration or because they lack the experience to move forward. I don't lack strategy~ I lack patience for tasks that require job-length hours and are impossible to complete. I don't like PvP, and I don't want to use a PvP mindset in PvE... I shouldn't have to. A game shouldn't be stressful~ it should be fun. Isn't that the point?

KI needs to remember that they created this game for casual gamers, not professional/hardcore players~ if those people want a challenge, they can create one (no gear, etc), but don't make us casual players suffer for it.

Seriously thinking of pulling both subs and hanging up my wizarding hats for good.

-von
Sorry to hear that Von.
If you give it another go try refining your deck, increasing your resist, Drop crit to 0 but crit block to above 150.
I know you dont want to change but you must adapt if you wish to achieve.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1527
Dr Von on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
I'm an archmage Balance wizard. As we speak, I'm trying and failing to get my level 88 spell~ I've already died 4 times in the process, and I just can't bring myself to try again.

I'm outmanned, outclassed, underpowered... facing 3 bosses (balance and ice) who all start with 14 pips, have first-cast advantage, and mana burn/chain-stun like crazy. I can't dispel or block fast enough, nor can I put enough in my deck, to keep up with them. And I'm expected to do it alone~ friends can't help; I don't have crowns for henchman; needless to say, I'm starting to lose hope and, for the first time, I'm starting to think that, perhaps, I'll never finish Azteca. I'm just not "hardcore" enough.

Most players like me quit somewhere between Dragonspyre and Celestia, either out of sheer frustration or because they lack the experience to move forward. I don't lack strategy~ I lack patience for tasks that require job-length hours and are impossible to complete. I don't like PvP, and I don't want to use a PvP mindset in PvE... I shouldn't have to. A game shouldn't be stressful~ it should be fun. Isn't that the point?

KI needs to remember that they created this game for casual gamers, not professional/hardcore players~ if those people want a challenge, they can create one (no gear, etc), but don't make us casual players suffer for it.

Seriously thinking of pulling both subs and hanging up my wizarding hats for good.

-von
Von, if this is what you are facing on your balance, I can't imagine what my Life will face. But, It makes me not want to take my balance or any of my other wizards there. And like you I have 2 subs.

KI what are you thinking when you make this kind of challenge for the casual players? Most can handle 2 on a solo but 3 is just not worth the effort, stress and headaches. I can handle dying once or even twice for a solo, but not more. That is where I will draw the line as well. I don't like PvP and don't want to resort to the PvP mindset either and won't.

Yes, Von, Fun was the impression I got when I started playing, but the fun seems to be gone and so is the magic that brought me here.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
Dr Von on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
I'm an archmage Balance wizard. As we speak, I'm trying and failing to get my level 88 spell~ I've already died 4 times in the process, and I just can't bring myself to try again.

I'm outmanned, outclassed, underpowered... facing 3 bosses (balance and ice) who all start with 14 pips, have first-cast advantage, and mana burn/chain-stun like crazy. I can't dispel or block fast enough, nor can I put enough in my deck, to keep up with them. And I'm expected to do it alone~ friends can't help; I don't have crowns for henchman; needless to say, I'm starting to lose hope and, for the first time, I'm starting to think that, perhaps, I'll never finish Azteca. I'm just not "hardcore" enough.

Most players like me quit somewhere between Dragonspyre and Celestia, either out of sheer frustration or because they lack the experience to move forward. I don't lack strategy~ I lack patience for tasks that require job-length hours and are impossible to complete. I don't like PvP, and I don't want to use a PvP mindset in PvE... I shouldn't have to. A game shouldn't be stressful~ it should be fun. Isn't that the point?

KI needs to remember that they created this game for casual gamers, not professional/hardcore players~ if those people want a challenge, they can create one (no gear, etc), but don't make us casual players suffer for it.

Seriously thinking of pulling both subs and hanging up my wizarding hats for good.

-von
Even though it only took me one time to get my L88 spell, that doesn't mean others won't have serious problems getting theirs. My main wizard is Ice and a tank (Vonawesome knows this, because I quest with her). In Azteca, we work so well as a team with her Balance and my Ice on regular quests and boss fights.

However, it's ridiculous for it to be so hard for people to get their L88 spells. Yes, outclassed, underpowered, and outmanned, plus you have to do it solo. As the game stands, mobs and bosses are able to use L88 spells long before you can acquire yours, then throw in the extreme difficulty in trying to obtain it.

At this point, if the game remains this difficult, then people should be able to call in help to get their spells. Yes, that means NOT doing it solo. Henchmen shouldn't have to be an option, and frankly, many people can't afford it.

Von is an avid player and loves W101. I can't tell you how much I enjoy questing with her, as she's funny, intelligent, and a great player.

It's a sad day when we end up losing fantastic players because a game has gone far beyond the fun and relaxation and casualness it was meant to be.

Love ya, Von!

(PS: We need to do some serious Malistaire tormenting in DS as a distraction)

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
79
Hi Von!

Duelist101 has a great guide with a video to help you get the level 88 spell guide here:

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-spell-guides/wizard101-sabertooth/

Best of luck in the coming New Year!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Dr Von on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
I'm an archmage Balance wizard. As we speak, I'm trying and failing to get my level 88 spell~ I've already died 4 times in the process, and I just can't bring myself to try again.

I'm outmanned, outclassed, underpowered... facing 3 bosses (balance and ice) who all start with 14 pips, have first-cast advantage, and mana burn/chain-stun like crazy. I can't dispel or block fast enough, nor can I put enough in my deck, to keep up with them. And I'm expected to do it alone~ friends can't help; I don't have crowns for henchman; needless to say, I'm starting to lose hope and, for the first time, I'm starting to think that, perhaps, I'll never finish Azteca. I'm just not "hardcore" enough.

Most players like me quit somewhere between Dragonspyre and Celestia, either out of sheer frustration or because they lack the experience to move forward. I don't lack strategy~ I lack patience for tasks that require job-length hours and are impossible to complete. I don't like PvP, and I don't want to use a PvP mindset in PvE... I shouldn't have to. A game shouldn't be stressful~ it should be fun. Isn't that the point?

KI needs to remember that they created this game for casual gamers, not professional/hardcore players~ if those people want a challenge, they can create one (no gear, etc), but don't make us casual players suffer for it.

Seriously thinking of pulling both subs and hanging up my wizarding hats for good.

-von
I commend you for even questing in that land - after agonizingly trudging though Avalon I drew the line at Azteca and declined the quest there so my wizards book is now empty and retired.

The game has evolved into more that I want to take on in my casual game play mind set. My real life is too stressful for me to take that on in a game also. Hard Core gamers enjoy this sort of game play, I do not. I, like you, can and would do any challenge presented to me but I question why, so I will really hate the game before i dump it?

We are pulling our 3 subs this year as our yearlies run down. I have been questing a lot less and making a lot of new wizards to repeat just the first arc. The old game is gone as new players replace us, KI is designing the game for them not me any more. I don't have the want or need to go from a Casual gamer to a Hard Core one just because they game I joined decided to take that route.

In the end my game here will be reduced to the free to play and some areas I did purchase with crowns when I first joined, truly that is more my speed anyway.

Mary StarGem

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2923
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
Sorry to hear that Von.
If you give it another go try refining your deck, increasing your resist, Drop crit to 0 but crit block to above 150.
I know you dont want to change but you must adapt if you wish to achieve.
i have 40% universal resist, and my crit block is 145.
somehow, i don't think that's the issue.

i don't want to leave wiz. i really don't, but i think my time here is up. either that, or my little balance wizard has seen her last battle.

to all of my wonderful friends, thanks for being so awesome.
(& yes, quequeg~ i am always up for tormenting him, hahaha).

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
Sorry to hear that Von.
If you give it another go try refining your deck, increasing your resist, Drop crit to 0 but crit block to above 150.
I know you dont want to change but you must adapt if you wish to achieve.
i dont think you get that some people cant do certain things, not saying he cant do it but not everyone comes to the forums to listen to your AWESOME suggestions. i agree with von why play a game if its not fun. now i know i may be trolling but your starting to irritate me a little. anyways the best way to do it is to get up your resist mark location before you start the fight and just focus on killing one of them. once you kill one you can let yourslef die, use potion, port back, switch gear to make your resist better for whoever is left, hopefully kill another and die again, and then there should be only one left. so just kill him and then you go and get your spell, hope i helped.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2923
Scarlet M4H on Jan 1, 2013 wrote:
Hi Von!

Duelist101 has a great guide with a video to help you get the level 88 spell guide here:

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-spell-guides/wizard101-sabertooth/

Best of luck in the coming New Year!
thanks, cca~ will check it out and recommend it to everyone, since i'm sure i'm not the only one who's struggling here.

-von

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
Dr Von on Jan 1, 2013 wrote:
i have 40% universal resist, and my crit block is 145.
somehow, i don't think that's the issue.

i don't want to leave wiz. i really don't, but i think my time here is up. either that, or my little balance wizard has seen her last battle.

to all of my wonderful friends, thanks for being so awesome.
(& yes, quequeg~ i am always up for tormenting him, hahaha).
Veebz,

Ignore the ranty ones

Let me know if you'd like some help with AZ. I'm almost finished with it, and I intend to help my pals get through before I start my fire wizard (or along with my fire wizard). I'll look for you in-game, and maybe we can make a plan to work together, along with super-Ice Brynn! That wizard is a titan, I say!

You are not under-powered, under-prepared, or under-skilled. I know this for a fact.

Cya soon,

Qbb/Iridian/Scarlet

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1527
BrynnerOfReign on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
Even though it only took me one time to get my L88 spell, that doesn't mean others won't have serious problems getting theirs. My main wizard is Ice and a tank (Vonawesome knows this, because I quest with her). In Azteca, we work so well as a team with her Balance and my Ice on regular quests and boss fights.

However, it's ridiculous for it to be so hard for people to get their L88 spells. Yes, outclassed, underpowered, and outmanned, plus you have to do it solo. As the game stands, mobs and bosses are able to use L88 spells long before you can acquire yours, then throw in the extreme difficulty in trying to obtain it.

At this point, if the game remains this difficult, then people should be able to call in help to get their spells. Yes, that means NOT doing it solo. Henchmen shouldn't have to be an option, and frankly, many people can't afford it.

Von is an avid player and loves W101. I can't tell you how much I enjoy questing with her, as she's funny, intelligent, and a great player.

It's a sad day when we end up losing fantastic players because a game has gone far beyond the fun and relaxation and casualness it was meant to be.

Love ya, Von!

(PS: We need to do some serious Malistaire tormenting in DS as a distraction)
Que, I have to agree, that if KI is going to continue to leave the casual gamers behind, then something needs to change. Players should not have to be stressed out in this manner trying to get spells they have worked so hard to get to. And WHY are the boss/mobs now getting spells before we do?

I am beginning to think the Family friendly part of the game is gone. The game has been geared for those that can slam dunk a wizard through a new world in about 4 days. Supposedly, the difficulty level was to slow those players down, but that did not work and now casual players are taking the brunt of it. Since we can't have help from friends for spell quests or any of the others that require "solo" but you die within a round or 2, WHAT IS THE POINT? I don't Hire henchmen and am not going to waste money for crowns for them.

Von, I really hate to see you leave, but I fully understand the frustration the game is causing. I am not sure how much longer I will continue. I have already changed my subs from yearly to monthly. I don't intend to pay out for something that far in advance any longer that is no longer fun.

OFF TOPIC:
I am also getting a little tired of the trolls. Apparently they don't read the ToU very well.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
if you can kill at least one of them then this will help you. just mark location before going into battle and kill just one of them. then of course you die shortly after, drink a potion port back as fast as possible, mark location again and kill another one. just do that untill you win. btw lastday not everyone can do everything you can. just seems like you dont know that because of your line where you say all you have to do is adapt to the non fun way to play and youll win.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
gweedoboy on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
if you can kill at least one of them then this will help you. just mark location before going into battle and kill just one of them. then of course you die shortly after, drink a potion port back as fast as possible, mark location again and kill another one. just do that untill you win. btw lastday not everyone can do everything you can. just seems like you dont know that because of your line where you say all you have to do is adapt to the non fun way to play and youll win.
Wow and i get called a troll lol.

Sorry von i was just trying to give a bit of advice but i guess im not allowed doing that.

Anyhow back on topic, Sorry your having trouble and goodluck with it.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
BrynnerOfReign on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
Even though it only took me one time to get my L88 spell, that doesn't mean others won't have serious problems getting theirs. My main wizard is Ice and a tank (Vonawesome knows this, because I quest with her). In Azteca, we work so well as a team with her Balance and my Ice on regular quests and boss fights.

However, it's ridiculous for it to be so hard for people to get their L88 spells. Yes, outclassed, underpowered, and outmanned, plus you have to do it solo. As the game stands, mobs and bosses are able to use L88 spells long before you can acquire yours, then throw in the extreme difficulty in trying to obtain it.

At this point, if the game remains this difficult, then people should be able to call in help to get their spells. Yes, that means NOT doing it solo. Henchmen shouldn't have to be an option, and frankly, many people can't afford it.

Von is an avid player and loves W101. I can't tell you how much I enjoy questing with her, as she's funny, intelligent, and a great player.

It's a sad day when we end up losing fantastic players because a game has gone far beyond the fun and relaxation and casualness it was meant to be.

Love ya, Von!

(PS: We need to do some serious Malistaire tormenting in DS as a distraction)
QueQue,

It's so funny that we now look to Zafaria and Malistaire as vacations from Azteca. LOLZ!

Seriously, I took my Balance to Zafaria to avoid the hard core battle Iridian faces when she returns to AZ. Haha, fighting those bosses in Savannah is so refreshing, so easy! It seems like I have all the time in the world, compared to AZ. I played around with blading and trapping for my Chimera spell. Amazing! I had no idea that it can do 5000 per head with only 3 blades, spirit traps, and a few feints!

Wooty Woot!

@Veebz, How ya doing on that spell quest?

Qbb/Iridian/Rowan

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1527
gweedoboy on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
if you can kill at least one of them then this will help you. just mark location before going into battle and kill just one of them. then of course you die shortly after, drink a potion port back as fast as possible, mark location again and kill another one. just do that untill you win. btw lastday not everyone can do everything you can. just seems like you dont know that because of your line where you say all you have to do is adapt to the non fun way to play and youll win.
Gweedoboy, some never learn. If they can do something, they think EVERYONE can. Truth is that is STEREOTYPING.

Von has already stated she has had about enough and I don't think she will be the last to say that. I may not be far behind her. And I really enjoyed this game until now.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2923
Canny B Moone on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
QueQue,

It's so funny that we now look to Zafaria and Malistaire as vacations from Azteca. LOLZ!

Seriously, I took my Balance to Zafaria to avoid the hard core battle Iridian faces when she returns to AZ. Haha, fighting those bosses in Savannah is so refreshing, so easy! It seems like I have all the time in the world, compared to AZ. I played around with blading and trapping for my Chimera spell. Amazing! I had no idea that it can do 5000 per head with only 3 blades, spirit traps, and a few feints!

Wooty Woot!

@Veebz, How ya doing on that spell quest?

Qbb/Iridian/Rowan
yep, it's a sad day when that happens. but malistaire tolerates me... and he's a great punching-bag. lol.



last night, i finally got first-cast advantage, and the difference was astounding. as in, i actually stood a chance when i went first; i even knocked off one of those awful ice minions by myself before i finally had to call in a hench-creature for backup (just me and varney spelljam, yo). between us, i was finally able to complete that horrible dungeon.

same-school boss fights have always been torture for balance wizards (since we can't prism and they spam elemental/spirit shields ad nauseum, on top of ice towering), but this... this just took the cake. that said, i had a chimera hit for 6k/head (sharpened spirit blade, spirit blade, 2 balanceblades, sharpened bladestorm, amulet hex and potent-trapped feint; my damage boost is +71%).
my final death-count: 29

i'm glad that henchy was actually useful, but i'm angry that i even had to resort to using one. real money should never be required for quest progression, as it severely cripples the average (casual) player, and that bothers me.

off the soapbox,
-von

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
Dr Von on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
yep, it's a sad day when that happens. but malistaire tolerates me... and he's a great punching-bag. lol.



last night, i finally got first-cast advantage, and the difference was astounding. as in, i actually stood a chance when i went first; i even knocked off one of those awful ice minions by myself before i finally had to call in a hench-creature for backup (just me and varney spelljam, yo). between us, i was finally able to complete that horrible dungeon.

same-school boss fights have always been torture for balance wizards (since we can't prism and they spam elemental/spirit shields ad nauseum, on top of ice towering), but this... this just took the cake. that said, i had a chimera hit for 6k/head (sharpened spirit blade, spirit blade, 2 balanceblades, sharpened bladestorm, amulet hex and potent-trapped feint; my damage boost is +71%).
my final death-count: 29

i'm glad that henchy was actually useful, but i'm angry that i even had to resort to using one. real money should never be required for quest progression, as it severely cripples the average (casual) player, and that bothers me.

off the soapbox,
-von
I'm so glad you were finally able to get your spell! WOOT

You are correct .... no one should HAVE to spend crowns on a henchman or otherwise to get you through the game.

(Look out Malistaire, here we come!)

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
Dr Von on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
yep, it's a sad day when that happens. but malistaire tolerates me... and he's a great punching-bag. lol.



last night, i finally got first-cast advantage, and the difference was astounding. as in, i actually stood a chance when i went first; i even knocked off one of those awful ice minions by myself before i finally had to call in a hench-creature for backup (just me and varney spelljam, yo). between us, i was finally able to complete that horrible dungeon.

same-school boss fights have always been torture for balance wizards (since we can't prism and they spam elemental/spirit shields ad nauseum, on top of ice towering), but this... this just took the cake. that said, i had a chimera hit for 6k/head (sharpened spirit blade, spirit blade, 2 balanceblades, sharpened bladestorm, amulet hex and potent-trapped feint; my damage boost is +71%).
my final death-count: 29

i'm glad that henchy was actually useful, but i'm angry that i even had to resort to using one. real money should never be required for quest progression, as it severely cripples the average (casual) player, and that bothers me.

off the soapbox,
-von
And that kids is why i dont like playing my balance.

You could use some life or death TC to buff up and slam them. At least then youll get boost. I dont know what else to tell ya. I havent done that with my balance yet but i know the fire,storm,death isnt to bad.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Dr Von on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
yep, it's a sad day when that happens. but malistaire tolerates me... and he's a great punching-bag. lol.



last night, i finally got first-cast advantage, and the difference was astounding. as in, i actually stood a chance when i went first; i even knocked off one of those awful ice minions by myself before i finally had to call in a hench-creature for backup (just me and varney spelljam, yo). between us, i was finally able to complete that horrible dungeon.

same-school boss fights have always been torture for balance wizards (since we can't prism and they spam elemental/spirit shields ad nauseum, on top of ice towering), but this... this just took the cake. that said, i had a chimera hit for 6k/head (sharpened spirit blade, spirit blade, 2 balanceblades, sharpened bladestorm, amulet hex and potent-trapped feint; my damage boost is +71%).
my final death-count: 29

i'm glad that henchy was actually useful, but i'm angry that i even had to resort to using one. real money should never be required for quest progression, as it severely cripples the average (casual) player, and that bothers me.

off the soapbox,
-von
I think you may have found the reason for the world being so difficult - more are purchasing crowns to get by and it is the number one reason this world and all future ones will be for the more advanced player. These players are also the ones that have the most money to invest in a games they enjoy playing where as us causal gamers - the family fun set - are used to playing on a much more restricted budget, mainly because we have other priorities in life. I am not saying there is anything wrong with it, I am just realizing my place in this game.

On a side note I think you must upgrade your game style from casual - there are no real "casual" players questing much past DS. Celestia is the dividing line and always will be, take it from a true "casual" player.

Just because we are still playing the same game doesn't mean it's "all" casual game play. At some point in the game for us causal people we get over whelmed and left behind, we start back peddling to keep up. Formulating a wizard that can survive becomes needed, defeat becomes common. If we can figure it out and move on we become frustrated with the content we must trudge though to progress our wizard and learn to hate the game we once loved and looked forward to playing, this is me.

I would also like to note I have always liked and respected your posts on the forum and I believe you liked Wizard101 for the same reasons as I did, I tip my hat to you.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
848
Quequeg " Von is an avid player and loves W101. I can't tell you how much I enjoy questing with her, as she's funny, intelligent, and a great player."

I really should pay attention more......Here I thought Von was a guy all this time

To the point at hand though....If KI would just implement a difficulty choice for dungeons<as AD&D has with great success>, it would virtually solve all problems associated with this issue.And yet despite the complaints on multiple issues,such as this one, all they give us is deafening silence.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
9
Dr Von on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
I'm an archmage Balance wizard. As we speak, I'm trying and failing to get my level 88 spell~ I've already died 4 times in the process, and I just can't bring myself to try again.

I'm outmanned, outclassed, underpowered... facing 3 bosses (balance and ice) who all start with 14 pips, have first-cast advantage, and mana burn/chain-stun like crazy. I can't dispel or block fast enough, nor can I put enough in my deck, to keep up with them. And I'm expected to do it alone~ friends can't help; I don't have crowns for henchman; needless to say, I'm starting to lose hope and, for the first time, I'm starting to think that, perhaps, I'll never finish Azteca. I'm just not "hardcore" enough.

Most players like me quit somewhere between Dragonspyre and Celestia, either out of sheer frustration or because they lack the experience to move forward. I don't lack strategy~ I lack patience for tasks that require job-length hours and are impossible to complete. I don't like PvP, and I don't want to use a PvP mindset in PvE... I shouldn't have to. A game shouldn't be stressful~ it should be fun. Isn't that the point?

KI needs to remember that they created this game for casual gamers, not professional/hardcore players~ if those people want a challenge, they can create one (no gear, etc), but don't make us casual players suffer for it.

Seriously thinking of pulling both subs and hanging up my wizarding hats for good.

-von
First everyone complained about things being too easy, now too hard? Come on guys! Just because it requires skill to do some things doesn't mean ki made it too hard. The reason you have to be able to solo it is to make sure you can face what lies ahead. If you can't defeat the boss than that means you're not ready to take on the rest of azteca! You are gonna have to change strategies, sometimes that's what it takes. If you can't accept that then you might not be cut out for mmorpgs or rpgs in general.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
307
Dr Von on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
I'm an archmage Balance wizard. As we speak, I'm trying and failing to get my level 88 spell~ I've already died 4 times in the process, and I just can't bring myself to try again.

I'm outmanned, outclassed, underpowered... facing 3 bosses (balance and ice) who all start with 14 pips, have first-cast advantage, and mana burn/chain-stun like crazy. I can't dispel or block fast enough, nor can I put enough in my deck, to keep up with them. And I'm expected to do it alone~ friends can't help; I don't have crowns for henchman; needless to say, I'm starting to lose hope and, for the first time, I'm starting to think that, perhaps, I'll never finish Azteca. I'm just not "hardcore" enough.

Most players like me quit somewhere between Dragonspyre and Celestia, either out of sheer frustration or because they lack the experience to move forward. I don't lack strategy~ I lack patience for tasks that require job-length hours and are impossible to complete. I don't like PvP, and I don't want to use a PvP mindset in PvE... I shouldn't have to. A game shouldn't be stressful~ it should be fun. Isn't that the point?

KI needs to remember that they created this game for casual gamers, not professional/hardcore players~ if those people want a challenge, they can create one (no gear, etc), but don't make us casual players suffer for it.

Seriously thinking of pulling both subs and hanging up my wizarding hats for good.

-von
Although i am sad to hear this game seems to be losing its fun and becoming more stressful this game was meant to challenge us, to make us try our hardest and go down to the very last treasure card, and to teach us that even though we do not have as much health as our enemies, or as many pips, or better spells, we are smarter, and therefore stronger.

~Jasmine Owl Talon
~Always Try Your Best and You Will Win

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2923
link981 on Jan 5, 2013 wrote:
First everyone complained about things being too easy, now too hard? Come on guys! Just because it requires skill to do some things doesn't mean ki made it too hard. The reason you have to be able to solo it is to make sure you can face what lies ahead. If you can't defeat the boss than that means you're not ready to take on the rest of azteca! You are gonna have to change strategies, sometimes that's what it takes. If you can't accept that then you might not be cut out for mmorpgs or rpgs in general.
obviously, you are one of the hardcore/professional gamers that the new world was made for. of course, you don't see a problem here.

i started in wc as a solo player and completed the entire game through avalon (including most cheating-boss dungeons) by myself. obviously, i don't lack skill or strategy. if i did, i would have quit back in ds, like the rest of ki's casual player-base.

you may be more than content to treat this game like a full-time job, but casual/family players, for whom the game was designed, are struggling, and i know i'm not the only one.

if you want a challenge, that's great~ make your own, or go play some other guild-driven elitist bloodbath like warcraft or star wars. you may love a "challenge", but don't expect that casual players- those of us who don't always have crowns for henchmen or don't have the time/patience required to spend 8 hours in a dungeon- are going to follow suit.

your implication that i and others like me are ill-suited to this game or others, just because we don't enjoy the same things as you, is incredibly rude. if this is how you treat people in-game, then i'm glad i don't have friends like you.

-von

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1527
MythWizardForeves on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:
Although i am sad to hear this game seems to be losing its fun and becoming more stressful this game was meant to challenge us, to make us try our hardest and go down to the very last treasure card, and to teach us that even though we do not have as much health as our enemies, or as many pips, or better spells, we are smarter, and therefore stronger.

~Jasmine Owl Talon
~Always Try Your Best and You Will Win
Challenge is one thing, but to throw curves at us in this fashion, we may as well forget about playing and just deal with real life. Don't we get enough stress and headaches in real life? W101 is where many of us joined our families to have fun for a few hours and leave the real world behind for a while. We can forget about the meeting with the boos that day or the next, or we didn't make quota that day so tomorow means even more to produce. Those are real life stress and headaches that many face every day. We don't want or need it here.

I understand that Mr Coleman only intended to slow some of the more aggressive players down, but unfortunately that did not work. So now we have a world that is sitting out there that will soon be a ghost world just like a few others. I recently went to CL to go to the Archives, the Base Camp was empty of players. I saw only 2 Players in the commons of ZF and even in AV there are actully very few seen anywhere in that world. I am not the only one that has been seeing this trend. Some of my friends see it too. Threads of Ghost Worlds pop up now and then but usually don't get much response because the players that should be in those worlds are not. They don't play anymore.

Yes, we can outsmart the enemy, but a single wizard should not have to face 3 of the enemy in a single battle either. regardless whether it is required solo or not.

Yes, my wizards die from time to time in battle and I change my strategy, but the whole point of threads like this , is to point out the fact the game has taken a very drastic turn in difficulty that will lose more and more players sooner or later. It may take a year or so for the results to start showing, but eventually it will. I think to some extent it already is.

If you take a look at those posting, you will rarely see any posting that started in 2008, only a few remain from 2009 of which I am one. All the friends I had back then are already gone. Now I have a lot of new friends but I am also seeing some of the stray from the game but I don't blame them either. To put it plainly, there is almost 2 years worth of MEMBERS already gone from the game. Is it reflected in the current number of registered members? No. At least not yet.

Like Von, I detest having to hire henchmen. I rarely ever buy crowns unless my budget will allow it, but with the economy the way it is, I am not the only player in the same boat. Having to buy my way through the game is not my idea of having fun.

I already pay for 2 subs, I should be able to gain decent drops for my wizards through the process of defeating the enemy. If not, then why am I in Wizarding School? I am not spending real money for game advantage that may make the difference whether I can put food on the table or not. Real life priorities come first no matter what. Don't misunderstand what I am saying because there are a few things I would like to be able to purchase with crowns, but I do have to be realistic.