Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth Mobs are too overpowered!

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
412
They can quake and they can stun and not just stun but for two rounds while starting at 4 power pips. Seriously and the fact that they are super resistant hasnt gone unnoticed. Seriously you have handidapped us too heavily we should not be stunned for two rounds by a mob.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1359
Hey Sojourna, long time no see!<3

Anyways, I am not sure where you noticed this..? I found my strategy for Azteca is small AoE's, so unless you are Life and/or Death, I can't really see the problem. I tend to just use one blade and attack. If you use to pvp, and you have stun block (Very helpful), put one in your deck so you buy yourself a few rounds.

And I'm a little confused by "super resistant"? To myth? What did you expect, boost? :P

Developer
Sojourna, your fellow Wizard Ronster has offered some excellent advice. Diego can teach you the spells Stun Block and Conviction, which is an Astral Star aura spell that will boost your critical block and stun block. These will both prevent stuns, and since they are 0-pip spells, you can cast them while you generate pips for your higher-rank spells.

Also, keep a close watch on the number of pips the enemies have. If a Myth creature has 6 or more pips, they may cast Earthquake, which will break all of your blades. This is especially important if the enemy has 4 or 5 pips, as they will gain another in the next round and therefore be able to cast Earthquake. Again, as Ronster suggested, attack quickly with a single blade before the Myth enemies generate 6 pips.

You may also want to put some traps or Feint in your deck against Myth enemies since they will not be broken by Earthquake.

I hope this is useful and good luck on your journeys.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1529
Sojourna, it has been a long time since we have seen you posting. Welcome back

You would have run into a few Myth battles in Avalon but since you are now in Azteca, and I am sure you have already run into some Ice mobs so expand a little on Ronster and Pascal Redmask, it would be very beneficial to either train Stun block and/or Conviction. Ice mobs like to do a lot of stuns and Myth does have Medusa that does stun you for 2 rounds. There are also at least 3 other spells that will stun you. Storm lord, Ice has as you know the equivilant to this spell and Basilisk.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
412
You know quake in my opinion is not really a fair spell for mobs. I dont mind when a boss goes for broke but somehow overpowered MOBs are a bit much. These guys start out with 4 power pips each. So they can quake you from the start and they can medusa you. If they Medusa you in a mob fight that means you are stunned for two turns and you can use stun block but if you are second and not first in the fight, you will be stunned before you can block it.

Seriously and for two turns. This means if you are joined you can be bashed two more times and still unable to do anything because of stun. Oh and what happened to being stunned then two stun blocks because one stun block does nothing. Ok I know you what this to be thrilling and it is. I just think that being stunned for two turns in a row it too much get rid of those spells or change them for the mobs.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
20
I found myth mobs not that hard - stun blocks and AoE deer knight :) did the trick with my ice i did same use angel cut them down

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1359
Elder Wizard Sojo on Feb 23, 2013 wrote:
You know quake in my opinion is not really a fair spell for mobs. I dont mind when a boss goes for broke but somehow overpowered MOBs are a bit much. These guys start out with 4 power pips each. So they can quake you from the start and they can medusa you. If they Medusa you in a mob fight that means you are stunned for two turns and you can use stun block but if you are second and not first in the fight, you will be stunned before you can block it.

Seriously and for two turns. This means if you are joined you can be bashed two more times and still unable to do anything because of stun. Oh and what happened to being stunned then two stun blocks because one stun block does nothing. Ok I know you what this to be thrilling and it is. I just think that being stunned for two turns in a row it too much get rid of those spells or change them for the mobs.
Sojourna, if it isn't rude, can I ask what your school is and what your deck set up is?
If they do stun you for two turns, hopefully you have enough resist to live out those 2 turns that you build up pips.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
I have similar strategy as ronster. Blade, AoE rinse repeat until charred.

This has worked on everything except bosses for me for the whole second arc. And if you have 2 power pips,colossal and a fire amulet to start with then you could fire a big meteor first round to start it off with a bang.

With high damage boost i can hit for 1200+ to all mobs on first turn without even 1 blade, But i like to wait a turn to put a potent blade on myself first , that puts me at around 1800 every other round. 2-4 rounds and call it a day.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
79
Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
29
Pacal Redmask on Feb 22, 2013 wrote:
Sojourna, your fellow Wizard Ronster has offered some excellent advice. Diego can teach you the spells Stun Block and Conviction, which is an Astral Star aura spell that will boost your critical block and stun block. These will both prevent stuns, and since they are 0-pip spells, you can cast them while you generate pips for your higher-rank spells.

Also, keep a close watch on the number of pips the enemies have. If a Myth creature has 6 or more pips, they may cast Earthquake, which will break all of your blades. This is especially important if the enemy has 4 or 5 pips, as they will gain another in the next round and therefore be able to cast Earthquake. Again, as Ronster suggested, attack quickly with a single blade before the Myth enemies generate 6 pips.

You may also want to put some traps or Feint in your deck against Myth enemies since they will not be broken by Earthquake.

I hope this is useful and good luck on your journeys.
I think it's useful. And when I reach Azteca I'll definitely try that strategy, good thing I have a ton of training points on hand.

By the way, I've always liked your hat.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2013
9
Rony The Turtle on Feb 22, 2013 wrote:
Hey Sojourna, long time no see!<3

Anyways, I am not sure where you noticed this..? I found my strategy for Azteca is small AoE's, so unless you are Life and/or Death, I can't really see the problem. I tend to just use one blade and attack. If you use to pvp, and you have stun block (Very helpful), put one in your deck so you buy yourself a few rounds.

And I'm a little confused by "super resistant"? To myth? What did you expect, boost? :P
if the one of the guys in the mob uses earthquake then what you have no blades you use a move it doesn't kill him then you have to get a ton more pips by then your done fore then what do you do?

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
776
Rony The Turtle on Feb 22, 2013 wrote:
Hey Sojourna, long time no see!<3

Anyways, I am not sure where you noticed this..? I found my strategy for Azteca is small AoE's, so unless you are Life and/or Death, I can't really see the problem. I tend to just use one blade and attack. If you use to pvp, and you have stun block (Very helpful), put one in your deck so you buy yourself a few rounds.

And I'm a little confused by "super resistant"? To myth? What did you expect, boost? :P
If you are death school don't use blades when fighting myth. Traps and feints focusing on one enemy, and have a Dr Von ready to go with a Sun School Colossal applied to it. Any other boosts are good too. Place enough traps for a one-hit defeat. You should have enough health to ride out attacks and stuns, and the Dr Von destroys myth enemy #1, filling your health. Repeat for enemy #2.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
412
Honestly I read a lot of you are concerned about earthquake and maybe I didn't make myself clear. I didn't mean that spell alone but that in combination with medusa which isn't great but stuns you for two runs. When that happens in the first round and it does a lot you can be stunned two rounds on the defense with nothing but resist to protect you.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
937
Elder Wizard Sojo on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
Honestly I read a lot of you are concerned about earthquake and maybe I didn't make myself clear. I didn't mean that spell alone but that in combination with medusa which isn't great but stuns you for two runs. When that happens in the first round and it does a lot you can be stunned two rounds on the defense with nothing but resist to protect you.
Okay so you have answered your own query.

You know two things are true, or worst-case-scenario true:

1) you will not get a chance to play a spell for two turns
2) you will not be shielding for two turns

Gear, deck, pet. Optimize for this worst case scenario.

If you bring friends, your chances of EVERYONE on your team being stunned first turn going second is pretty low. Get one of them to commit to shielding and stun blocking and healing the others. Use your charm and charisma to muster a few mates to help you through the rough parts. Make friends with a storm and get them to help you. They cast tempest. It is super effective!

Survivor
May 23, 2009
17
Elder Wizard Sojo on Feb 21, 2013 wrote:
They can quake and they can stun and not just stun but for two rounds while starting at 4 power pips. Seriously and the fact that they are super resistant hasnt gone unnoticed. Seriously you have handidapped us too heavily we should not be stunned for two rounds by a mob.
Well, being I can defeat them quickly.

Pack some myth dispels **tc**

I would pack those spells, the one with block and I think stun block.

If you can be pretty immune, pack some myth dispels and shields (or the life-myth and myth-death shield if you are spirit or the spirit shield for balance)

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
31
Maybe you haven't noticed but KI built Azteca to be a challenge and if you aren't up to the challenge, don't do the world. I was a level 87 at the time and I went back to Saltmeadow Swamp to solo that pyramid dungeon in there so I could lvl up for Spinysaur. The first fight was 4 Myth bugs with 4 power pips each. I won. By myself. I had regular Waterworks gear and an Ice wand I bought from the bazaar (nothing special). Azteca really comes down to strategy, fixing decks and adjusting to the situation. It isn't for the softcore players who just run into a fight with whatever deck they want and then complain when they get beat.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
412
Thanks guys for all your help but I am good now I finished the world and I added a stun block spell.

I used them in pvp but never imagined that Mobs would be able to use spells that would require me to carry on. But the truth was (as said by another wizard) I had all that I needed I just had to rethink my strategy.

So thanks everyone!

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
148
Elder Wizard Sojo on Feb 21, 2013 wrote:
They can quake and they can stun and not just stun but for two rounds while starting at 4 power pips. Seriously and the fact that they are super resistant hasnt gone unnoticed. Seriously you have handidapped us too heavily we should not be stunned for two rounds by a mob.
this is a big reason diego has the spell stun block. stun resist too can help.

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
98
Pacal Redmask on Feb 22, 2013 wrote:
Sojourna, your fellow Wizard Ronster has offered some excellent advice. Diego can teach you the spells Stun Block and Conviction, which is an Astral Star aura spell that will boost your critical block and stun block. These will both prevent stuns, and since they are 0-pip spells, you can cast them while you generate pips for your higher-rank spells.

Also, keep a close watch on the number of pips the enemies have. If a Myth creature has 6 or more pips, they may cast Earthquake, which will break all of your blades. This is especially important if the enemy has 4 or 5 pips, as they will gain another in the next round and therefore be able to cast Earthquake. Again, as Ronster suggested, attack quickly with a single blade before the Myth enemies generate 6 pips.

You may also want to put some traps or Feint in your deck against Myth enemies since they will not be broken by Earthquake.

I hope this is useful and good luck on your journeys.
I would note first, that you must be a PvP sergeant before you can get conviction so I wouldn't tell people to train it from Diego without telling them they must PvP first. Earthquake IS quite annoying, I have to agree 100%. However, I just shield at first and wait for them to use all their pips on attacks. When they're done I have a lot of pips, they can't earthquake on me or medusa, and I can blade and attack very quickly.