Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Must have gear for Azteca and beyond

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
I see lots of people have trouble with Azteca. This thread can be used to give struggling players ideas on 2 or 3 must have items that have gotten them through this world.

Mine are the life mastery amulet and the sidhe staff. With the life mastery, healing is my shield. I don't even put regular shields in my decks anymore. The Sidhe Staff gives me mad accuracy and power pip chance. Combined with other gear I never fizzle and always get a power pip every round.

You can get these in the Crown shop obviously. For both its less than $20. Or you can get them as drops from a few bosses throughout the game.

Daniel Shadowflame: Level 90

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
CC1403 on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:
I see lots of people have trouble with Azteca. This thread can be used to give struggling players ideas on 2 or 3 must have items that have gotten them through this world.

Mine are the life mastery amulet and the sidhe staff. With the life mastery, healing is my shield. I don't even put regular shields in my decks anymore. The Sidhe Staff gives me mad accuracy and power pip chance. Combined with other gear I never fizzle and always get a power pip every round.

You can get these in the Crown shop obviously. For both its less than $20. Or you can get them as drops from a few bosses throughout the game.

Crowns gear and amulets are not the answer if KI wants to be fair to everyone. Not everyone has the money to spend on the game. That's the point when people complain. I won't buy a mastery amulet even if I have the crowns; I never use the secondary school spells anyway.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
You must of missed the part where I also stated you could get them as drops. I don't ever recall typing that these are items that everyone has to have. These are the couple of items that I used.

The point of this thread is to give multiple options to struggling wizards and let them decide how they would like to go about getting whatever option.

What this thread isn't is a boohoo complain about (fill in the blank here) thread.

Thanks.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
You don't need those items to do well.
Biggest need in Azteca is block. Next is debatable, like resist, damage, healing etc.
Most gear after WW gives accuracy boosts, and you can have pet talents to bring you over 100.
Wands are best used for block. Critical is worthless, as bosses almost always block if you are ~200 or so.
Hades gear will let you get them through, but it is not needed.
Crafted block boots (AV or AZ) and a good wand will keep you alive.
pods

Survivor
Jun 23, 2010
You don't really need crown items. Just bring a friend. It would be very fun questing when I did azteca I had waterworks gear and a avalon crafted robe.

Defender
May 23, 2009
Mine is the fire mastery amulet since I've been playing with my myth lately. Frog and earthquake takes too many turns of boosting to deal alot of damage. Being able to use power pips to cast fire dragon, rain of fire and power link saves my myth unwanted fustration. At the cost of 2 power pips, power link is especially useful as he only gets the standard self-healing pixie.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
The gear that i wore during Azteca was a combination of hades gear, crafted gear, and crowns gear.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
I completeld all of Azteca, except for Malistaire the Undead, as a Solo Wizard.
I used the WW gear and I think just a Level 70 something wand for crit block.
At that point, I didn't even own a pet with heal.
I simply bashed through, with my small deck.

It isn't impossible, it's just tactical.