Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lower level

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
I was just wondering does anyone get irritated when you quest in azteca and lower level joined? Like lvl 30 and lower. Azteca is hard enough. Because I do. I just wish they put a block in it or at least a notice if someone can join in.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I usually welcome circle jumpers for the fact thats more xp and more chances to get additional drops and gatherings.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
gamelover008 on Feb 15, 2013 wrote:
I was just wondering does anyone get irritated when you quest in azteca and lower level joined? Like lvl 30 and lower. Azteca is hard enough. Because I do. I just wish they put a block in it or at least a notice if someone can join in.
yes, i find it annoying, because a low-level who joins your battle is assuming that you will sustain him.

a notice would be fantastic. like, if i'm fighting those ugly zombie things in azteca and someone tried to port, it'd get a message asking me to confirm or deny.

example: angela nightflame, level 22 pyromancer, wants to port to you~ allow?

click yes, it ports her into the fight.
click no, and she gets the "your friend is busy right now" message.

voila, instant fix... keeps unwanted porters out, but doesn't block our access to people who can actually help. makes perfect sense, yes?

-von
level 90 balance, 85 death, 64 storm, the rest.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I've definitely had that happen in Azteca tonight. A level 32, bouncing around to different battles. Unfortunately, they were menu chat, so you couldn't explain to them why they were not welcome. It would have been fine if they were 'leashed' to the person they ported to, but the level 32 decided to wander around and join a multitude of different battles in Cenote, causing havoc to everyone there, because the level 32 would sometimes join right when the enemies were killed, but then another enemy would show up at full health in the empty spot.

Very frustrating.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Dr Von on Feb 17, 2013 wrote:
yes, i find it annoying, because a low-level who joins your battle is assuming that you will sustain him.

a notice would be fantastic. like, if i'm fighting those ugly zombie things in azteca and someone tried to port, it'd get a message asking me to confirm or deny.

example: angela nightflame, level 22 pyromancer, wants to port to you~ allow?

click yes, it ports her into the fight.
click no, and she gets the "your friend is busy right now" message.

voila, instant fix... keeps unwanted porters out, but doesn't block our access to people who can actually help. makes perfect sense, yes?

-von
level 90 balance, 85 death, 64 storm, the rest.
You are right that would be the best option they can do for it.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
I think all of us upper level players have been complaining about this for a very long time and still, nothing has been done about it. Oh, it's also really great when they die and expect you to heal them, or when they flee and you're stuck in a 1v3 battle. I love it so much.

-Brianna SpiritBreeze Promethean Life

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
lastdaysgunslinger on Feb 18, 2013 wrote:
You are right that would be the best option they can do for it.
That would be a great solution to this problem.

Hunter Griffinsword
Promethean Thaumaturge

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
lastdaysgunslinger on Feb 16, 2013 wrote:
I usually welcome circle jumpers for the fact thats more xp and more chances to get additional drops and gatherings.
Unexpected circle jumpers are usually players who can't survive on their own. This means lowered level, less skilled, or both. So by jumping in they effectively add to the overall difficulty of a battle. Especially if they aren't capable of defeating the single opponent that they just pulled in (or equivalent contribution).

Based other consistant opinions I am wondering if it depends on wizard school.

My primary wizard is death school. From DragonSpyre onward I have found that weaker wizards jumping unexpectedly into an already challenging battle causes trouble. When playing solo I am a heavy user of traps & feints at a strong cost to my health. Then I make the big hit. Its the most effective method for death wizards. But if someone jumps in and wipes out the feints I am in big trouble. I can't make a decent hit and I can't recover my health.

Normally when I play with strangers I don't go out on a limb so much. I don't place 3 stacking feints on an enemy (thats three 30% traps applied to myself, three turns to apply, plus pip costs, But absolutely massive damage to the enemy). I play it safe and I'm okay. Battles take twice as long though.

...but life wizards (for example) don't generally set up tons of traps & feints, and they have awesome staying power. So they can often survive unexpected hiccups in an already challenging battle.

--> Remember folks to read the posts carefully before ranting!

Survivor
Jul 06, 2011
I am a level 39 Fire and I ALWAYS Ask my high level friends before I port. Those people y'all fight are crazy and I wold hate my friends to have to fight more if I could not. So I know I really have no say in this but people my level should have more respect for y'all.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
wvgagirl on Feb 25, 2013 wrote:
I am a level 39 Fire and I ALWAYS Ask my high level friends before I port. Those people y'all fight are crazy and I wold hate my friends to have to fight more if I could not. So I know I really have no say in this but people my level should have more respect for y'all.
Well I wish a had a friend like you

Survivor
Dec 31, 2012
Why would an extra person irritate you? that is a benefit.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
I hopped into a battle with 4 Monquistans and I was only in late ZF or very early AV.

As it turns out, the strongest person in that battle was ME, the next strongest was a fire who was a mid legendary up to a low transcendent.
My brother teleported because he thought it was interesting (MooShu level at the time) and his life friend who didn't heal well (Magus or Adept) was already there.
I literally did all the work. I polymorphed into a Treant and revived everyone in the battle (fire guy and my brother, life fled) and I defeated all of the enemies.

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
I am a level 80 ice mage, and I just got to Keep of Ganelon (so when you read this I am probably in azteca) In celestia I had this problem. A level 22 storm jumped into my fight, and I thought: How did he get here??

He used a Kraken (no traps/charms) on one of the enemies. Not much help. He died, and asked me to heal. I am one of those that's kinder to low levels, so I healed him with satyr, a waste of pips. The enemies killed him again, and I didn't have enough pips to heal him again. He didn't have text chat, so when I didn't heal him, He fled.

I were stuck in a 1v3 battle, and that were challenging. I got defeated.

It would not only be nice with ''Do you want ___ level ___ to port?'' I would also like a ''Do you want ___ level___ to join your battle?''

Jonathan Frogheart - Stopped healing low levels in Celestia xD

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
wvgagirl on Feb 25, 2013 wrote:
wvgagirl. your attitude toward this problem is quite refreshing... if only all low/mid-level players were as respectful as you, the spiral would be a much-nicer place.

it's not so much about level (for me), as it is a lack of respect for the person whose battle you may be interrupting. i carry enough for me, and me only, to get the job done quickly.

i play with ports off, but i would welcome low-level friends to port to me in high-level worlds, on the condition that they ask first and stay out of my battle circles. i don't power-level my own characters, and i won't do it for anyone else.

-von
90 bal, 85 death, 68 storm, 48 life, 25 myth, 22 fire.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
RottenHeart on Feb 25, 2013 wrote:
Unexpected circle jumpers are usually players who can't survive on their own. This means lowered level, less skilled, or both. So by jumping in they effectively add to the overall difficulty of a battle. Especially if they aren't capable of defeating the single opponent that they just pulled in (or equivalent contribution).

Based other consistant opinions I am wondering if it depends on wizard school.

My primary wizard is death school. From DragonSpyre onward I have found that weaker wizards jumping unexpectedly into an already challenging battle causes trouble. When playing solo I am a heavy user of traps & feints at a strong cost to my health. Then I make the big hit. Its the most effective method for death wizards. But if someone jumps in and wipes out the feints I am in big trouble. I can't make a decent hit and I can't recover my health.

Normally when I play with strangers I don't go out on a limb so much. I don't place 3 stacking feints on an enemy (thats three 30% traps applied to myself, three turns to apply, plus pip costs, But absolutely massive damage to the enemy). I play it safe and I'm okay. Battles take twice as long though.

...but life wizards (for example) don't generally set up tons of traps & feints, and they have awesome staying power. So they can often survive unexpected hiccups in an already challenging battle.

--> Remember folks to read the posts carefully before ranting!
For me they can be any level and im happy with it. Ive already asked for the ability to set your controls to allow 4vrs1 battles because if i can handle 4 at a time that makes things faster for me. More times than once ive asked friends and family to bring there level 10 into my azt battle just to get 2 more mobs in to speed it up.

I think it depends more on the player than the school.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
mrwizardpro on Feb 26, 2013 wrote:
Why would an extra person irritate you? that is a benefit.
an extra person who has the skills and tools necessary for combat at that level is a non-issue. the problem here is with low/mid-level wizards, who lack the tools for the job porting into high-level battles unannounced and expecting the person they ported to to sustain them, without regard for the fact that they just interrupted someone else's gaming experience.

reread the posts by thio52 and rottenheart~ excellent points made by both of them. and wvgagirl's winning attitude is a thing of beauty in itself. ;)

-von

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I can't imagine the next main quest world being released without some basic level restrictions.

With each 2nd arc world getting released, the gap between levels has really climbed, and the survivability of low leveled wizard really dropped. A level 10 wizard can't even survive a single mob hit in Azteca, what are they going to do in the next released world? It would be just silly to let super low level wizards engage in battle.

(Ya ok some people are going to argue that if you put enough shields on a level 10 wizard they can survive a couple hits. Yahoo what's the point of that?? Anyway with lots of mobs starting out with 5+ power pips they can start right of with a hit that would be lethal. There is just no point to it. You still don't agree... Ok just imagine the world after Azteca!).

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
RottenHeart on Mar 8, 2013 wrote:
I can't imagine the next main quest world being released without some basic level restrictions.

With each 2nd arc world getting released, the gap between levels has really climbed, and the survivability of low leveled wizard really dropped. A level 10 wizard can't even survive a single mob hit in Azteca, what are they going to do in the next released world? It would be just silly to let super low level wizards engage in battle.

(Ya ok some people are going to argue that if you put enough shields on a level 10 wizard they can survive a couple hits. Yahoo what's the point of that?? Anyway with lots of mobs starting out with 5+ power pips they can start right of with a hit that would be lethal. There is just no point to it. You still don't agree... Ok just imagine the world after Azteca!).
I think alot of people that use lower level alts or friends/family to allow an assist in these worlds arent looking at whether the low level can survive. For me at least its about getting one extra blade a turn sooner to end the battle more quickly. Has nothing to do with survival it has to do with speed.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Dr Von on Feb 26, 2013 wrote:
wvgagirl. your attitude toward this problem is quite refreshing... if only all low/mid-level players were as respectful as you, the spiral would be a much-nicer place.

it's not so much about level (for me), as it is a lack of respect for the person whose battle you may be interrupting. i carry enough for me, and me only, to get the job done quickly.

i play with ports off, but i would welcome low-level friends to port to me in high-level worlds, on the condition that they ask first and stay out of my battle circles. i don't power-level my own characters, and i won't do it for anyone else.

-von
90 bal, 85 death, 68 storm, 48 life, 25 myth, 22 fire.
@wvgagirl, Like Von, it is nice to see someone being respectful and actually comprehend why we don't like or want lower levels jumping in to our battles. Thank you.

Like Von, I don't power level any of my wizards nor will I assist anyone else to do so even a friend.

Most of my wizards depending on world run with 2 or more decks set for different situations with only changing shields as needed. I have one deck that is set specifially for SOLO and carries only enough heals for my wizard and what she needs to win that battle and I don't pack damage spells in TCs. Only a couple stun block, convictions and few tower shields. Having a lower level jump into one of my battles when I am solo is not a smart thing to do. Why? Because I intend to survive that battle whether the other person does or not. If you join, you better be sure you can heal yourself and be able to help defeat the additional opponent you brought in.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I think it's funny when I'm on my Ice in a high world and a lower level jumps in. First, many times the lower level messes up any traps that were put on the enemy. Second, since their health is so low, one hit nearly takes them out (or will take them out). Third, and the funniest of all, is when they ask me to heal/blade/shield them.

Uh ..... no.

I don't carry heals in my deck for mob fights. Not only that, I only have Fairy for myself, I don't have heals for others (never trained for other heals, plus I don't buy TC heals). I don't put shields in my deck, either ... I don't need them. Blades? Those are mine for my mob fight for my attacks. I'm not going to give a lower level my blades so they can hit with a wimpy spell and barely do any damage.

Anyone who joins my battle(s) better be prepared, because I carry the bare minimum in my deck to do the job.

If I'm playing with friends, they know to carry their own heals and enough shields for themselves. I've always let them know I don't need shields or heals, that they need to protect themselves first and foremost. I always take the first sigil and I try to draw the mobs attention to hit me instead of them.

Both goldendragon and vonawesome know the endurance power of my 'super tank' Ice (LOL - *wink*)

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
lastdaysgunslinger on Mar 9, 2013 wrote:
I think alot of people that use lower level alts or friends/family to allow an assist in these worlds arent looking at whether the low level can survive. For me at least its about getting one extra blade a turn sooner to end the battle more quickly. Has nothing to do with survival it has to do with speed.
that is interesting. this input is useful to me.
the problems are with the friends/family that linger and jump into other people's battles. and for the less skilled players.I think this is where the main problems are occuring. i did see lesser levels mainly in battle by three points and by Twin giants. for the latter i believe it is mainly to watch the battles and to get that eagle/raven morph.currently i never really saw low levels jump in there. except for the storm mobs.and usually that ends in failure.

i usually allow people to jump in as more people join the quicker the battle. reguardless of level. if they are low level i usually let them fend for themselves as it is not worth it for me to help them.however most people that jumped in on me are at least level 80.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
lightdragonofW101 on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:
that is interesting. this input is useful to me.
the problems are with the friends/family that linger and jump into other people's battles. and for the less skilled players.I think this is where the main problems are occuring. i did see lesser levels mainly in battle by three points and by Twin giants. for the latter i believe it is mainly to watch the battles and to get that eagle/raven morph.currently i never really saw low levels jump in there. except for the storm mobs.and usually that ends in failure.

i usually allow people to jump in as more people join the quicker the battle. reguardless of level. if they are low level i usually let them fend for themselves as it is not worth it for me to help them.however most people that jumped in on me are at least level 80.
I agree that the problem is with those that jump in un announced and not planned. And i also agree with the more people you have the more mobs you get which makes those gathering quests that much faster.

I feel it comes down to your deck set up, If your deck can handle multiple mobs then you dont have a problem with extras coming in but if you set up to "one hit wonder" and have a solo set up then multimobs can pose an issue.
My Mob deck is set up to destroy 4 mobs so when i only have 2 mobs then i have overkill but its worth it either way.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Que said: Both goldendragon and vonawesome know the endurance power of my 'super tank' Ice (LOL - *wink*)

Sure do and I know a lower wizard that should be looking for that tank by the end of the week. lol. JABBERWOK. (will let you know for sure though) (head cold)

On Topic: If a lower level is going to jump into my battles, s/he better be prepared. If I am running a solo deck then that is what I will play. I will not give up a heal I need to heal jumpers. All players are given a heal they can use in the game LOAD THEM. If I don't see some action from a jumper within 2 rounds of joining, I will leave you there and restart my battle in another realm. I will not aid you to collect drops or power level.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2009
Yeah, it's a cool idea and all. But I'm fine with it unless when you're fighting a boss that's annoying because honestly for example, a storm rank 12 elite for a level 20 storm it's not worth it the extra storm guy can pack-a-punch. xD

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
lastdaysgunslinger on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:
I agree that the problem is with those that jump in un announced and not planned. And i also agree with the more people you have the more mobs you get which makes those gathering quests that much faster.

I feel it comes down to your deck set up, If your deck can handle multiple mobs then you dont have a problem with extras coming in but if you set up to "one hit wonder" and have a solo set up then multimobs can pose an issue.
My Mob deck is set up to destroy 4 mobs so when i only have 2 mobs then i have overkill but its worth it either way.
i do the same with my decks.so either of have no problems with this.

another problem is a lot of these players do not do that. and there is no way to really tell ALL of them.