Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KI, Please make this one concession........

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 30, 2009
I have been reading posts about the Level 88 spell quests, and let me fully state I and others understand your reasoning behind them, but I am about to do mine, and would like to be able to get it. Please hear me out:

On behalf of Von and many other wizards, we all understand that if the school quests didn't take a challenge, it wouldn't be worth the effort. I would have no problems with the solo match, but at this time, I like many others can't afford the crowns to get the henchmen.

What I am asking is that you would allow school-only aid. It is one thing that battling Wanadi in Cenote with 2 henchmen to repair the Star School Trainer, but quite different with the newer spells. I have seen the power behind all the level 10 spells (our level 88 quests), and they are awesome if not aggravating.

Many of us (me included) have managed to get through the worlds of the Spiral, because we have used teamwork, and because we wanted so badly to experience the newer worlds.

Others are right in acknowledging that KI build Wizard101 around the enjoyment of the game, and I commend people that have accomplished soloing the worlds of the Spiral, but many of us enjoy the teamwork mentality when getting past a very nerve-racking fight.

Timothy Pearlflower (Ice Archmage, Level 88) outside of the Cave in Mangrove Marsh where I battle for my Lord of Winter card

Survivor
Sep 14, 2011
When I did Wanadi, I found out he DIDN'T have to be soloed. You could port in. Maybe it was a bug like the forest lord boss. But try to ask someone to port to you.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
Jenna SwiftGem on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
When I did Wanadi, I found out he DIDN'T have to be soloed. You could port in. Maybe it was a bug like the forest lord boss. But try to ask someone to port to you.
I've tried that before with my friend, it didn't seem to work when I had to beat him, they must have fixed it by the time i got to Wanadi, because my friend wasn't able to port inside when I had to face him.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Promethean oxnhors... on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
I have been reading posts about the Level 88 spell quests, and let me fully state I and others understand your reasoning behind them, but I am about to do mine, and would like to be able to get it. Please hear me out:

On behalf of Von and many other wizards, we all understand that if the school quests didn't take a challenge, it wouldn't be worth the effort. I would have no problems with the solo match, but at this time, I like many others can't afford the crowns to get the henchmen.

What I am asking is that you would allow school-only aid. It is one thing that battling Wanadi in Cenote with 2 henchmen to repair the Star School Trainer, but quite different with the newer spells. I have seen the power behind all the level 10 spells (our level 88 quests), and they are awesome if not aggravating.

Many of us (me included) have managed to get through the worlds of the Spiral, because we have used teamwork, and because we wanted so badly to experience the newer worlds.

Others are right in acknowledging that KI build Wizard101 around the enjoyment of the game, and I commend people that have accomplished soloing the worlds of the Spiral, but many of us enjoy the teamwork mentality when getting past a very nerve-racking fight.

Timothy Pearlflower (Ice Archmage, Level 88) outside of the Cave in Mangrove Marsh where I battle for my Lord of Winter card
thank you~ no solo quest should ever be that hard, and real money should never be required for quest-progression.

good luck with your own spell quest!
-von

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Try altering your strategy. On my death wizard I was able to solo without minions or henchmen. Spent the first few rounds shielding and healing. With the new pet talent fairy friend, it might be useful to develop a healing pet to heal for you.

Once they use up their pips and your health seems somewhat stable, try focusing attacks on one of the bosses minions. I know we've all been trained to focus on casting attack all spells, but for these fights, using single target spells seems to be the better way of doing things. If you can blade, cool, but don't get hung up waiting for blades. Just attack and stay alive until you kill one. After taking down one of the minions, the fight gets a whole lot easier. With less damage coming your way, you can focus more on attacks and worry less about healing.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2012
If you leave a port mark upon entering a solo boss before initiating the fight and you are defeated after the battle begins you can use potion and port back if you are quick about it! You need to try to defeat minion before being defeated or else you should restart the battle. If minion is defeated and then you are defeated you can use potion and port back and the minion will not be there. Boss will have a fresh start however also or any other minions that were not defeated prior to you being defeated. When porting back remember to leave another port mark and if you are defeated again you can use potion and port right back again and again and until you run out of potions. You will not have enough time to go back to the fairgrounds to purchase more. Make sure all vials are full! I soloed Wanadi alone using this method and only used one vial of potion and porting back. Only minions defeated before you are will not be there when porting back so if there are more than one try to defeat those but at least defeat one or else they all will be back when you port back and that would be a waste of potion. If you do not defeat at least one start all over.