Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Azteca really that bad???

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jul 28, 2011
600
Hi, I keep seeing all these negative posts about Azteca. Is it really so bad??? I feel like everyone hates and everyone is quitting. Who here likes it?

Explorer
Feb 10, 2009
54
In all seriousness, it really depends. I found it to be pretty tough at times, but I came through just fine. I have taken 2 wizards through the world and my storm is currently in Zultun Dock. I would say if you're just starting, if you are a legendary artisan, craft the gear in Avalon, it's pretty good. If you don't craft, get WW if you don't have it. Critical block is your best friend here, try to get as high as you possibly can. I've had as high as 160 in certain schools and I blocked most of the criticals up until certain bosses like Coatl Earth Mother, who liked to stop me from blocking XD. Healing pets and shield tc are also a big help! I got irritated a lot, but found it to be a pretty cool world overall :P. Good luck!

Historian
Jul 28, 2011
600
Thank you! I think I will like it, cause the way you describe it: it gets irritating, but its cool overall. It sounds kinda like Marleybone....and I Marleybone

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2929
wizardrokz on Feb 5, 2013 wrote:
Thank you! I think I will like it, cause the way you describe it: it gets irritating, but its cool overall. It sounds kinda like Marleybone....and I Marleybone
yes, i suppose that's the closest comparison.

marleybone is another world that i want to like, but can't bring myself to. just like it, azteca is grind-y and tedious, with very little reward for the work we put in... like a minimum-wage job, but without pay or benefits.

gear~ waterworks is still the best available for all schools. i crafted some avalon gear for my balance wizard, and it is now collecting dust in her bank; ice is the only school that benefits from crafted gear, as they don't have to give up their universal stats.

french is also correct~ you'll need high resist and crit block, possibly a good friend or two, to make it through this world.

-

i like dinosaurs, and the theme/look of azteca, but that's where it ends.

-von
90 balance, 83 death, the rest.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
209
Dr Von on Feb 7, 2013 wrote:
yes, i suppose that's the closest comparison.

marleybone is another world that i want to like, but can't bring myself to. just like it, azteca is grind-y and tedious, with very little reward for the work we put in... like a minimum-wage job, but without pay or benefits.

gear~ waterworks is still the best available for all schools. i crafted some avalon gear for my balance wizard, and it is now collecting dust in her bank; ice is the only school that benefits from crafted gear, as they don't have to give up their universal stats.

french is also correct~ you'll need high resist and crit block, possibly a good friend or two, to make it through this world.

-

i like dinosaurs, and the theme/look of azteca, but that's where it ends.

-von
90 balance, 83 death, the rest.
I agree Von.
I know when a world isn't enjoyable because I have to sit there and force myself to play 101, normally you couldn't pull me away from the game with a crowbar lol.
With AZ my Balance Wizard just crawls through every quest and it seems to take ages, with Avalon I just kept playing for hours and didn't feel the enormous sense of frustration I do with AZ.
I do like the South American/Inca theme and the dinosaurs but the gear leaves me completely nonplussed as do the pitiful drops.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1531
Enlightened One on Feb 8, 2013 wrote:
I agree Von.
I know when a world isn't enjoyable because I have to sit there and force myself to play 101, normally you couldn't pull me away from the game with a crowbar lol.
With AZ my Balance Wizard just crawls through every quest and it seems to take ages, with Avalon I just kept playing for hours and didn't feel the enormous sense of frustration I do with AZ.
I do like the South American/Inca theme and the dinosaurs but the gear leaves me completely nonplussed as do the pitiful drops.
Same here. I find myself either going to Grizz to farm CP seeds, Av for EMP seeds or to one of my other wizards.

The Theme in itself is nice but too much grind involved and too many times the story line gets lost until you manage to progress to the next area and pick it up again for a short time. Too many bosses to have to be fought without something to break up the monotony. Too many go back to this area and get this or fight this boss then come back and get sent back to the same area again and repeat or to another and do the same thing. Side quests can not just be picked up on the way as we were able to do in the first arc. You have to wait until you get sent to the quest giver first.

I will make no comment on the gear since I have already done so more times than I care to remember.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2010
31
Enlightened One on Feb 8, 2013 wrote:
I agree Von.
I know when a world isn't enjoyable because I have to sit there and force myself to play 101, normally you couldn't pull me away from the game with a crowbar lol.
With AZ my Balance Wizard just crawls through every quest and it seems to take ages, with Avalon I just kept playing for hours and didn't feel the enormous sense of frustration I do with AZ.
I do like the South American/Inca theme and the dinosaurs but the gear leaves me completely nonplussed as do the pitiful drops.
My word that is so how i am feeling right now.I love wiz101 and i have got to 87 with just a small bit of XP to go,and i find myself in here just reading.not any wont to play a game i have loved since 2009.Is a great world.Looks fantastic.Is a challenge.But its just such a grind.
I no i will get there in the end and feel so good about it all at lvl 90 with all the new cool spells.
that will soon go away once i start on it all over again on my next wiz.
The never ending struggle of man/woman or child versus wiz101.lol.
Good luck to all you out there have a hard time in AZ.You are not alone.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
wizardrokz on Feb 4, 2013 wrote:
Hi, I keep seeing all these negative posts about Azteca. Is it really so bad??? I feel like everyone hates and everyone is quitting. Who here likes it?
Its what u make of it. I think it can be time consuming at times and be tedious some of the way. Alot of people need some understanding of strategy and gear to make it easier. Just make sure you get yourself a high crit block rating and high health (which the WW gear does not provide) , With high block and health you will at least be able to hold up to find each mob an boss strategy. Dont rush and keep your deck slim so you get what you need quick.

All in all i thought the world was ok, Not to difficult but not easy either.

Survivor
May 30, 2011
23