Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Guide to Defeat Wanadi Black Sky

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Ok, so I beat Wanadi Black Sky on my second try and I decided to make this guide to help people who are struggling, so here are my simple steps that will hopefully lead you to defeat this much hated boss (PS: Most of this information is gathered from other guides scattered around hopefully this will help make it more organized).

STEP 1: You must buy A LOT of Myth Treasure cards and some Fire treasure cards too (but not as many as the Myth treasure cards). I used one every other round about and whenever I did not need to blade, trap, or put an aura.

STEP 2: Make sure to use minions! They can heal you, give you shields, or just tank for you. Although Wanadi never solo targeted my minion ever, that doesn't mean he will not target yours. They can also do some pretty strong attacks (depending on the minion).

STEP 3: PACK HEALS! This will save your life with Wanadi Black Sky and his minions.

STEP 4: Take out the Smoking Mirror Zombies first! They have super powerful attacks so just do an "attack all enemies" spell to take them out first.

STEP 5: FOCUS ON THE BOSS after this. Try to do as much damage as possible, but do not be afraid to wait a couple of rounds to heal. I needed to heal a couple of times to survive. Put out as many blades and traps possible, to get the strongest attack. Make sure to put out another minion if yours dies. But, if you can kill the boss or make a minion, obviously kill the boss!

So, by the end of the battle, I started with about 3,500 health and ended up with around 1,900 health. This is after healing a good amount. Just to let you know, this guide may not work straight away. Perseverance is also key to defeating Wanadi :). I hope my guide helps good luck on getting your Azteca Star cards !

Taylor Daisyflame- Level 86

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
This is mostly a guide for storm wizards. I beat this boss first try on my ice wizard. However I did start with 4,600 health and ended with 750. First I took out the minions with frost giant and then I feinted twice on the boss and killed with wolly mammoth.